>Joker and Harley's relationship
>Dracula
>Pretty much every Villain's design
>Alfred
>The Batmobile Designs
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman
>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others

Because it was aimed exclusively for kids per network executive meddling. Kids WB post 1998 is trash.

This isn't anywhere near as bad as Beware the Batman

Kids had way too big heads

>the one and only anime-style Batman cartoon
>bad

rank batmans

BTAS > BTB >>>>>>>>>> everything else

This was actually pretty great. Plus great intro theme too. What are you smoking.

Reminder that The Batman vs. Dracula is unexpected kino

>1998
>year Pokémon anime premiered in the US

Histeria! sucked Tom, and you could have tried with Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain even if you didn't like it.

Batman the Animated Series
Brave and the Bold
Batman Beyond
The New Batman Adventures
Beware the Batman
The New Adventures of Batman
The Adventures of Batman
The Batman

Are you saying Pokemon is good or bad? Because that show is garbage. And I'm not just saying that because I was almost 20 when it premiered.

Am I the only one that hears Kevin Michael Richardson whenever they read the Joker? I grew up with TAS, but Hamill just isn't the voice I hear.

Literally just as bad as usual The Batman but "it had blood and was matoore so magicakly good"

Kill yourself

>There are people who unironically think that Beware the Batman is better than The Batman

I like Beware the Batman but I would count it as being the worst Batman cartoon.

Clock King didn't show up in The Batman

Yeah he did

Show pics

An expy does.

List should probably say that explicitly though, I'll give you that.

they added batgirl and robin
before that it was still pretty good

uh show is still shit because everything else is bad even the good
>bighead batgirl
>Ugly Weird joker black guy
>Literally whos
and that edgy awful opening

There ya go

>alfred
thats cheating, hes always perfect

I remember liking Ragdoll

>they added batgirl and robin

That Black Mask episode was pretty good

Not in BTB.
>and that edgy awful opening
We are no longer friends.

Batgirl and Robin were both written brilliantly, and the episodes where they interacted a lot were generally the best ones.

Pokéfag here, the ashnime a shit and only people who gerk their jerk to the current girl watch the fucking thing.

Too toyetic at times

Too villains were reduced to pun spewers (66 Batman only one successful with this approach) and not much else. That and them all being karate masters just cuz.

It would introduce original characters you started to care about only to drop them for more well known one's at the drop of a hat.

A lot of ugly character designs.

TOO many boring, simple af storylines

Some questionable VA choices

No real memorable stories or characters that were adopted outside the show.

Nothing done to really separate it from any other run of the mill show.

That being said, I didn't hate it. Just didn't do much for me. Decent action, some ok stories. Not the worst bats show. Still rather rewatch some others.

>Too villains were reduced to pun spewers (66 Batman only one successful with this approach) and not much else. That and them all being karate masters just cuz.
Fuck you, the fight scenes were awesome, and the puns even more so.
>Some questionable VA choices
Okay now I KNOW you're trolling.

I said it had decent action, sperg. But not every Bat villain needs to know kung fu to get by. It's just silly.

Nah, some VA choices were shit. You can stay mad tho.

Oh, and the puns were cringe, and didn't fit tonally.

It was really good. Obscenely underrated because "not muh"

It's not bad. I enjoy it. They needed more villain variety though, Penguin and Joker were way overexposed. I think a lot of it was just "not muh Batman" or "not muh Joker".
Their portrayal of Clayface is literally the only time I found the character interesting.

I liked Batgirl and Ivy friendship,I wish more came of it. I kind have thing for the "we were always friends" sub plot.

Beware the Batman had more focused writing, actual character and story arcs, and didn't abandon its premise immediately. It took genuine risks beyond giving villains weird designs and knowing kung-fu, and had no gimmicky, toyetic stuff.

There's also the fact that it didn't get enough room to grow out of its flaws like The Batman did. Can you imagine if The Batman ended after the Clayface two-parter? Season one sucked aside from that. It was the later seasons that actually fixed some stuff from the earlier ones.

>didn't abandon its premise immediately
What are you talking about?
>Season one sucked aside from that.
It has some of my favorite episodes, so fuck you.

If Beware The Batman got a second season it would have been one of the best Batman cartoons since BTAS and Brave And The Bold

I can understand people liking this but Beware the Batman? Did we watch the same show? Shit animation aside, it was full of boring plots.

It's not the worst batman show, it's not fantastic either, but people look down upon it because it came after BtAS

Did you watch the whole season? The production value spikes half way through the series.

BTB was the one alfred I didn't like. He was way too much like Old Bruce.

Don't stream it at 480. Watch a Blu-Ray copy. It looks pretty nice.

>The Batman was made in HD but doesn't even have a digital release higher than 480p

Why is brave and bold so high? Am I missing something here?

eh I thought it was pretty good

>Why is this the worst batman show?
It isn't. It tried new things with everyone because you can't just retread BTAS. It even got into JLA territory.

Beware the Bat is worse than it, but only because they had to curb their entire story after the Aurora shooting.

And some of the old timey Batman cartoons are worse than both.

Fuck you The Batman was great

>you're a "FAKE NEERD" if you can't appreciate the silver age aesthetics !

>Am I the only one that hears Kevin Michael Richardson whenever they read the Joker?
Yes, you are the only one.

>I grew up with TAS, but Hamill just isn't the voice I hear.
Your brain is defective.

>Beware the Bat is worse than it, but only because they had to curb their entire story after the Aurora shooting.

I think the problem is that BTAS is "Seminal cultural touchstone that altered you as a person for having watched it" whereas Brave and the Bold is "It was okay more times than it was bad"

>>Beware the Bat is worse than it, but only because they had to curb their entire story after the Aurora shooting.
It was originally going to be more realistic, in terms of guns. Alfred carried guns guns. The bad guys had guns guns.

Then someone in make-up lshot up a movie-theater full of people watching the Dark Knight.

So they toned down the guns to make them more fantasy-ish, toned down Alfred's personality and various storylines. Etc.

I think they did a good job with the villains. Clayface especially was done well.

Also it was a minor thing, but interesting. They introduced Barbara Gordon and had her become Batgirl before (long before, I think) Robin.

>They introduced Barbara Gordon and had her become Batgirl before (long before, I think) Robin.
The Bat-Embargo stated that Robin could only be in one cartoon at a time, and since Teen Titans was on its last season at the time, he couldn't be used. Thus, Batgirl was introduced first.

I disagree, it wasn't bad nor it was good, except when they introduced Robin. then things got a bit better and it put Bruce actually like the Batman that he is.

Plus it's fucking designed by the guy who fucking made Jackie Chan Adventures. What kind of shit bait is this?

Batgirl coming in first made the show that much more interesting. Unlike Robin she actually had to prove herself, and they later had a fun dynamic.

It came out on the tail end of the DCAU, which made it look like shit by comparison. It had four seasons and a lot of toys, so I'm sure kids ate it up. But, Justice League and JLU were far more ambitious and have largely stood the test of time.

Everything in this show was great except for art style / designs. And it's unfortunate that ended up being off-putting enough that people didn't check it out.

better than suicide squad or new 52

>toned down Alfred's personality and various storylines. Etc.
>"The ones that can dodge bullets are always a bother."

Also, how did the storyline change? It still got pretty dark, people got killed, etc. The only thing that notably changed was the guns.

That Joker is more Palm tree than man

Magpie's backstory was going to have implied rape and she would torture her captors and the people who raped her.

Emboss with drop shadow on the logo fuck yeah

fuckin looks like Jackie chan from that Jackie chan cartoon

Early 2000s 'how to draw anime by Christopher Hart' art style

>tfw I enjoyed Histeria! as a child and nobody else but me remembers it
I was a weird kid

>tfw watching the very first preview
>"JIG'S UP KITE-MAN"
It was destined for greatness.

>Pretty much every Villain's design

You got a source for that?

I always wonder why they made Eel O'Brian into Kite-Man's henchman? It's such a weird choice.

maybe it's a difference in age, i thought they were both pretty annoying
I'd much rather the show focus on the police supporting cast than introduce children
if you didn't find them irritating, then good for you

Huh? The art style is one of my favorite things about the show.

They were both teenagers (Robin 14, Batgirl 16 and later older) and very much acted like it.
Not sure where that "children" thing is coming from.

Also the police supporting cast wasn't that great, the chief would've been overused with more appearances and Ethan was obviously gone, and of course they'd already finished that arc. Would've been nice to see Yin more but AFAIK her voice actress simply couldn't return.

are you under the impression that teenagers aren't children?
and yeah, they acted like teenagers, that's why they were annoying...

>this autistic list again

How is it autistic?

>are you under the impression that teenagers aren't children?
Um, yes? Teenagers are much closer in terms of development to "official" adults than to children.

Say what you will about Jokers design and monkey kung fu, but he had some great writing to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=0aCMlJ2H1Es

It had its moments

youtube.com/watch?v=-UL8MCgwTlk
>All them dislikes and mad Poles in the comment section.

>who are you callin' tall?
nice

That's not Beware the Blunder. CG was a mistake.

It's brought up every damn The Batman thread.

>It took genuine risks beyond giving villains weird designs and knowing kung-fu, and had no gimmicky, toyetic stuff.

This. I have to cringe every time things like the weird designs, making Freeze into a thug, and Batgirl before Robin are seen as “revolutionary” or “refreshing”, when they’re about as deep as a puddle.

The Batman tells a different story every season. That's the best part, and you're ignoring it.
It's the most anime-like version in that sense.

No it doesn’t. Each season has a gimmick, but that’s it. Better shows have done it, too.

Not a "gimmick", multiple well-defined character arcs.

And no, very few cartoons do that (almost none to such an extent). It's much less common than in anime.

How come nobody talks about how weird and hideous Batman's head is in that show? I'd like to watch it so I can see if it's good or not, but Batman's design is so god awful I can't bring myself to do it.

There have been worse Batman cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=w7AgMHuiNug
I waifu'd Miss Information pretty hard

Maybe for Clayface, but that's about it. Batgirl and Robin don't really get arcs after they join up with Batman. Well, with Batgirl, there was an episode that upgraded her relationship with Batman, but that was reset so she could re-do it alongside Robin in the following season.

>And no, very few cartoons do that (almost none to such an extent).

Is this bait?

and you know why it did that?
because otherwise it would be compared to BTAS.

Every post-B:TAS cartoon is compared to B:TAS. It doesn't make the "changes" any more daring or risky.

The fight scenes were great and they had a lot of great one in done episodes

Dont you have a campaign in Alabama to run?

>but that was reset so she could re-do it alongside Robin in the following season.
Oh, it's you again.
No point in arguing with a known troll...

This

Also this

It had one of the best intro for a Batman show after Animated.

Then they fucked it up after changing the music and including so many clips of Batgirl

Say what you want but Kungfu Penguin was great.

>It had four seasons
If you can't get basic info right, why should anyone bother with your posts?