DC's New Corner Boxes, Replacing the REBIRTH Banner — 12/13/2017 Releases

Last NYCC, DC Comics announced that the Rebirth banners on the top of the covers of its mainline ongoing titles with new corner boxes that have a consistent design starting this December. Here are the first issues of the currently running titles with the new corner boxes in the second week of the latter's implementation.

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/comics/the-flash-2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jurgens back to writing/penciling an issue in a long ass time

Making this cover textless is ea— contact Guillem March or DC!

>corner box has green
Cue happy autists.

What the fuck is Guy even doing?

>Ragman has no symbol whatsoever

>SKWAD gets the same corner box symbol as Deathstroke
I was pretending to be surprised here.

Good. It made no sense why it was blue.

>DC
Literally who the fuck cares?

>all Batfam titles get the same corner box symbol
>same goes for all Superfam titles
Meanwhile, Harley Quinn #33 has been delayed to December 20.

>non-prestige, non-event comics not from the main universe or pop-up imprints get "COMICS" instead of "UNIVERSE"

> Harley Quinn #33 has been delayed to December 20.

MOTHERFUCKERS

So far...

That's it for now. More will be added to the compilation image and this GIF in the following weeks.

Preparing for an Orion cosplay, he's not quite there yet though

Who's the dom between Kenan's dad and Dr. Omen?

Jurgens drawing Superman and Booster?

Hell yeah

>5 books with Batman's symbol
>5 books with Superman's symbol
Just fuck my shit up, DC.

I'm getting some Silver Age vibes from this cover.
You know, when comic book covers used to be baity as fuck just so a lot of people would buy them?
Just like that.
It's nice.

Are you joking? It's obviously Dr. Omen.

Has she ever Strapon'd Mingming?

I like that he's starting to look normal again, but for fuck's sake those lines on the cowl need to go already. I can't believe they keep covering that 10/10 suit in bullshit lightning and making it look terrible.

The holiday one is really good. Look closely.
Were you angry at the four Green Lantern books at the start of New52?

DC knows they're dead they're just trying to squeeze as much money out as they can before they have to shut the doors for good in April

>Holiday logo is made up of logo's
Oh that's clever

Man, this cover is great. Too bad it's for a Tynion comic.

Guess this works alright.

Oh I might pik up this issue. Very old school cover as well.

Odd.

Same for that actions comics at the start of the thread but in a different way

It looks kind of dumb just saying comics. Should have just put the imprint name instead.

Too overblow

I wish they did this silver age kind of covers more often

>The holiday one is really good. Look closely
Oh cool.

Those covers have a very Silver age vibe on them.

I like it.

the same symbol? it should be a bomb or something

100% yes.

I would do, like, a stitching pattern across the box.

Etrigan though, that's cool.

Looks like Silver Age,I'm 100% sure that was Johns idea

What's with the different bat symbol from the regular Bat Titles? All Star?

No (You) for lazy bait

t.unpaid marvel intern

Figure this is the best place to ask without making a new thread for a question:

Where do I start with DC Rebirth if I only intend on following a few of the character arcs like Flash for example?

For Flash? Flash #1 I guess.

Yes sir I like it a lot

Strange visitor is back? haven't seen her since pre-flashpoint

Could have just done a Star of David or any kind of weird Kabbalah thing.

Nah, it's okay, Deadshot is basically The Suicide Squad guy, and they both have that merc thing.

ISn't Hannah Barbera one of the imprints, though?

The really need to do a Christmas sweater with the Trinity snowflake.

Isnt there a basic intro issue/series that wraps up New 52 that isnt character specific? Trying to search engine this shit is confusing.

Not really. The closest thing to what you're talking about is the "DC Universe: Rebirth" issue. Most mainline series had a "TITLE: Rebirth" special which was basically an introductory issue that laid out the current status quo for new readers. With the exception of one or two titles, those issues are by and large optional unless you're unfamiliar with the character or are interested in a basic explanation on what the character is currently up to at that moment. You can freely proceed with the #1 issues for most all Rebirth titles without missing anything at all. In your Flash example, you can see all the books relating to that series here:

dccomics.com/comics/the-flash-2016

I kind of feel like the universe/comics wording is superfluous and could be left out.

Is it really ending? I thought it was going to continue.

It says end of an era, but the solicits for issue 20 is already out, so it's the end of the arc and probably the first overarching arc or season

It's continuing and getting a retitle.

>NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA #20
>Written by GENE LUEN YANG
>Art by BRENT PEEPLES and RICHARD FRIEND
>Cover by PHILIP TAN
>Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG
>Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
>“SEAS OF CHANGE” part one! It’s the dawn of a new era for the Justice League of China! The New Super-Man of China and his teammates have struck out on their own, and even the Ministry’s newly formed Lantern Corps is no match for this renegade force to be reckoned with! But as China’s superhero community reorganizes itself, trouble is brewing in North Korea…and from the depths emerges a new metahuman that will change everything.
>On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US •RATED T

So it's Rebirth's JL3000. At least this will have a decent end because it doesn't have that asshole Giffen throwing everything into a blender

Cheers, just what I needed.

I really like 'em.

I just wish they had the title of the story in them and the part. Would make collecting the flopies for specific stories much easier.

There is a God. I hope they add more members to the league.

Other than Superman, you can start with Rebirth 1-shots.

Some of the rebirth covers had that but it was inconsistent. I really liked it.

is this the same Prometheus that fucked Midnighter?

I just wish they kept the story arc title and part number as well. A lot of people liked that.