What Next For The DCEU?

This is a semi-serious question, ever since I heard about JL and how it's looking to be a "failure" or barely make back it's budget I just want to hear from others on Sup Forums about what they think about what might exist for the DCEU.

I'm not exactly up to date with comic news anymore, so I'm a little out of the loop. With JL being a potential loss what's the status of the other proposed movies like Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash?

Is there anyone who was really hoping that JL would have been a fresh start for the DCEU?

Is Ben Affleck really going to ditch the solo Batman film?

Is Wonder Woman the only real franchise that people can trust?

I'm not trying to bait anyone, I just really want to read what people have to say about what the situation is for the DCEU.

Most importantly...are you nervous or afraid for what might be ahead for the DCEU?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07KFq7EqkPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They've come too far now to stop now. I think they'll keep going. Now that they've got their "team-up" movie, Warner Bros. can take their time to develop these characters more. Superman NEEDS to be made a priority, they have to get his character back on track with MOS2. If Ben Affleck wants out, then just do a Flashpoint movie and replace him with someone else.

Hopefully (sadly) a quiet, somewhat dignified death.

All new cast, all new universe, and most importantly all new writers and directors.

Failing that I'll take the collapse of Warner Bros and the release of their intellectual property into the public domain.

I'm not interested in a flashpoint event or even a story where the Henry Cavills of the multiverse unite to teach DCEU Superman how to smile. They don't have my trust for such a story. A soft reboot isn't possible.

I wish good writers were allowed to work in Hollywood.

They're going to release Aquaman, cut as much of what refers to the rest of the DCEU out of it, then hit that big fat reboot button with Jake Gyllenhaal's Batman. They might keep Gal and Momoa (depending on how Aquaman goes over).

Do not break this chain. Colonel Spatz broke this chain in Nairobi and was trampled by angry dik-diks. Norris Hall kept the chain intact and won five minutes of free shopping at the Piggly Wiggly.

.NIARB EHT EROFEB WOB LLIW UOY

reboot asap or kill it altogether.

There is no "next" DC died last week

No one will ever care about these characters to the point where it would be seen as a success if the next Batman reboot did fant4stic numbers

Aquaman is done shooting, isolated from the DCEU and there's been no rumors of trouble about it, plus Snyder's not directing

Shazam has cast Billy and Cap, might as well be isolated from the DCEU, was always promised to be lighter, plus Snyder's not directing

Snyderverse is dead but DC movies live on

Keep Gadot and Cavill. Scrap the rest.
Keep Wonder Woman canon, let Cavill actually be Superman.

I agree that Gadot and Cavill will be kept, as WW is the only franchise that DC will put the most effort into right now.

How does the movie rank in terms of income right now when compared to other DCEU releases?

>jake gyllenhaal as batman
that sounds pretty goddamn awful

That's DC for ya

>All of these delusional mouseketeers thinking JL is a failure

I just want a Man Of Steel 2. Superman needs to wash the shit Snyder made

>wanting to scrap Khal Drogo as Aquabro

Its honestly a shame WW was so successful. I have zero doubt the DCEU would be over with JL's numbers at this point.

Then WB could wait a few years, start fresh with movies that could be interconnected if they wanted, but focused on the story more than anything. The DCEU is a rushed joke and theres absolutely nothing worth saving here.

It is a failure, DCEU didn't died yet because Wonder Woman massive unexpected profit will cover Justice League losses

"Failure" would be the nicest way to put it

>I-it's a f-f-f-failure because I s-s-said s-s-s-so!

Agreed Superman should be top priority

>I-it's n-n-n-not a f-f-f-failure because I s-s-said s-s-s-so!
And this time you can't even post domestic box office numbers like you did with Wonder Woman

The question is why didn't Wonder Woman's success translate to Justice League's audience?

Well Aquaman will happen. Probably WW2. And then they'll probably Flashpoint or some shit.

They shouldn't actually do that, but they will

Because the movie fucking sucked that's why

>0.01 oz of cheese has been deposited into your account

It would be more respectful if you just admitted things are going wrong and demanded better performance and moves from WB instead of just opening your rectum and taking it like that

Hypothetically, if they reboot it, who could be a good cast for Superman?

WW will keep getting movies as long as she remains highly profitable, especially since having the highest-profile female superhero accrues considerable cultural capital for WB.

As for the rest, a lot is likely riding on whether Aquaman is also successful, as this will make or break the idea that other heroes can succeed like WW.

If Aquaman does well, followed by a successful Shazam as well, DCEU is probably back on its feet, but if it disappoints like JL we'll be lucky to get anything other than more WW for a while. At this point, WB has likely realized that bad word-of-mouth is killing them, and won't be willing to blow hundreds of millions on maybes until they've built positive word of mouth back up.

Best-case, Aquaman is well-received, we get another Superman movie greenlit, Shazam is well-received, and we move forward from there. No way the Batfleck film happens. Batman will probably go on the back burner in favor of Wondy as the team leader.

-Why would people who liked WW want to see something where she just teams up with other dudes
-People don't really have that much of an attachment to Snyder, or BvS realistically
-The movie ain't good

Because audiences understood JL to be a sequel to BvS, and BvS had HORRIBLE word of mouth. People went into BvS, got burned, and decided not to waste their money on the sequel, despite it being more enjoyable.

So we're at the stage now where people pretend that WW wasn't good? Or is it just the Disney shills trying to revise history?

Why not keep Cavill?

>Probably WW2.
Wonder Woman made 320 millions profit, that's far more than Homecoming and Ragnarok did

Also It got stellar scores and audience praise, Patty movies/series before Wonder Woman are consistently good unlike Zack Snyder.

It will happen, they already signed her new contract and promised her way more freedom this time.

Disney fans are mostly divided about it, some claim it was bad and muh feminism while others claim it was good because it was a MCU movie so they can keep posting chris evans rt memes without being hypocrites

It should die

>critical failure
>still hasn't reached breakeven point
>"mouseshills mouseshills lalala not a failure not a failure not hearing anything"

I agree with his guy. Superman needs to be top priority after the shit Snyder did

>Critical failure
Using this as an argument is completely invalid since Disney bias is very clearly a real thing

This.
Including marketing, JL might not even break even. If anything, it's a disappointment, to the point where they'd probably cancel the entire thing after Aquaman, if Wonder Woman wasn't such a huge hit.

Right, that's the real reason critics hate DC films, yes sir, not at all becasue they are trash.

They clearly don't understand what trash movies are if they keep rating MCU films so highly

Ok, you're shitposting right now, even tumblrcoming brownie points couldn't make it beat WW score

Just keep taking her shitty bait why don't you

It's over. The lackluster box office of JL was the final nail in coffin. I'll be shocked if Aquaman even comes out at this point

Did you ever stop to think that WW just had more Tumblrcoming Brownie Points than Spider-Man because, I don't know, maybe the main character is a woman?

Maybe, but the point is: both movies were loved by sjws so WW had barely any extra advantage, so at every possible scenario RT judged them even.

It won't they're definitely shelving it

Comiccon next year will be about Rampage, Tomb Raider, Ready Player One, maybe that Ocean's movie, and Fantastic Beasts 2 not a single thing DC will be mentioned

My be they'll put it out on DVD in 20 years but it's not getting a theatrical release

Cavill deserved better than this fate

That's a real shame too. I wasn't all too interested in an Aquaman solo in the first place. But after seeing JL I was a little more interested.

Can't wait for Fantastic Beasts 2 though

I would really just like a good GL movie.

Not being a complete disaster =/= good

FLASHPOINT
IS
COMING

I think there won't be a Ben Affleck solo movie but they will hire a younger actor and make the batman solo movies prequels and keep affleck for future JL movies or other. That way the batman movies will be stand alone like the nolan movie but still technically in the DCEU.

Why would they shelve it? Normies and casuals like Drogo and his Aquaman.

The only thing that will change is that Zack Snyder is removed.

I'm sure they will keep making movies with the same cast (unless Affleck quits). They will try different directions and tones and see what sticks.

>What next for DCEU
Were they really thinking about the future when they made this universe? Batman is old as balls and has already lost a Robin, how do you go about building an expansive universe from that? Not to mention killing off Superman in his 2nd appearance only to have him come back in the next movie has to be one of the biggest blunders in cinematic history, as well as creating unnecessary conflict between Batman and Superman before they even met. It's as if Captain America Civil War happened right after Iron Man I, it literally wouldn't have made any sense for Tony and Cap to hate each other right away cause Tony feels insecure about super humans, if they were trying to rip off Marvel they did a really terrible job.

I'd say scrap the whole thing except for WW and start over but that's not going to change the fact that DCEU was doomed from the start the second they approved the BvS script.

Zack is going nowhere, even since BvS he got a little contract where he will direct JL 1 AND 2, plus MoS2

It's over he will destroy the last ruins that are DCEU current state and his hyper retarded fans will blame WB for his failures.

Everyone saying it will die or they'll Reboot are retarded shitposters. They've come too far to reboot now, and a reboot wouldn't help anyway, because people don't trust DC right now. So they need to rebuild trust by making good movies. Aquaman, Shazam, Reeves Batman, and WW2 are all happening.
Snyder is gone and so is his vision. Justice League basically ended all of his plotlines and cut out his set up of Darkseid, so they don't HAVE to use Darkseid any time soon.
Superman got his secret ID back and all of Snyder's bullshit got thrown out. They should put Cavill in Shazam which will hopefully be good, then make a Superman movie with him fighting Brainiac, Metallo, or Parasite.
Affleck is out so just recast him. No one cared when they recasted Hulk, no one will care when Affleck is gone. People care more about Batman than the actor.
Let Patty do her thing with WW. They're already walking back Zack's bs with her so keep doing that.
Wan is a competent director so let him do his thing with Aquaman.
I think Shazam will be good.
Do not fucking do Flashpoint, that would be a clusterfuck. If you do then don't fucking do Evil WW or Superman. Don't fuck with the characters any more.
Get a GL movie going.
Build up to JL2 with the Legion. Recast Lex, and have him cameo recruiting villains.

>Superman got his secret ID back
Lol oh and how did this happen again? Pretty sure all his workmates saw him getting buried in Kansas

>Snyder is gone and so is his vision
For some reason I doubt it.

>Zack is going nowhere, even since BvS he got a little contract where he will direct JL 1 AND 2, plus MoS2
[citation needed]

Even if you were right, WB would probably rather pay out his contract than let him direct. He isn't in charge anymore anyway, Johns and Berg are.

JL is a failure, but not a franchise destroying flop that the internet wants to make it out to be. Most of the DCEU is a mixture of underperforming yet profitable ventures (MoS & BvS) overperforming successes (WW & SS). All WB has to do now is just focus on cheap solo standalones and stick to their less sequel baiting cameos and continue forward from there. And stop trying to fix the last movie's problems. All the anons screeching "reboot everything! Recast everyone!" are complete retards. The solution is just simple: Stay the course and stop trying to fix the last movie's problems. Nobody was really bothered over how shitty X-Men Origins: Wolverine was when you release movies like Logan and Deadpool. Shit, everyone has forgotten Apocalypse.

>What Next For The DCEU
Death, I hope. I really hope.

They ignored it. Just like they're ignoring Snyder's Evil Superman bullshit. Anyone who thinks they're going to call back to these failures is retarded. Johns is going to be adapting his stuff not using Snyder's.
How retarded can you be? Have you SEEN JL? Have you heard how much they cut? They cut out a Darkseid reference, brought in Whedon the fucking anti-Snyder, reshot all of Snyder's Superman scenes, put Johns and Berg in charge, fired Snyder's guy Junkie XL, and have talked up "heart, humor, heroics, and humanity". You'd have to be a moron to think they're still following Snyder's gameplan.

>Start your universe off as a complete disaster
>People saying to start over are retards

If you can't see how DCEU is unsalvagable idk what to tell you.

Yeah but you can't make people forget that Clark had an OPEN CASKET funeral and everyone from his job saw him lying there dead including Perry Black. How did this even get green lit unless you planned on never having another superman movie ever again? You can't just make future movies and hope people will forget this astronomical blunder where Clark shows up at the Daily Planet at MOS2 and no one bats an eyelash.

Junkie's gone, Affleck will be gone soon, most of Snyder's Superman scenes got reshot, Darkseid's cameo got cut, Johns and Berg have been talking about getting to the "core" of the characters and are now in charge. The executive who backed Snyder was fired. Justice League basically reset Superman to be more "classic", they're straight up ignoring how he shouldn't be able to be Clark Kent. The future DCEU movies will look like Wonder Women, not MoS or BvS. They're focusing on the Legion, assuming we even get another Justice League. Snyder might come back as producer but it's honestly not likely. Even if he did he'd have to answer to Johns and Berg. The Snyderverse ended with JL, and even that was more Whedon than anything.

>You can't just make future movies and hope people will forget this astronomical blunder
Uh yes you can? That's exactly what they're going to do. That's exactly what they did at the end of JL. Marvel ignored pretty much all of The Incredible Hulk. They ignored the Hulk-BW romance. DC is going to be ignoring the Death of Clark Kent. Batffleck should be in jail for his murders but no one cares, and no one is going to care about this either.

>You can't just make future movies and hope people will forget this astronomical blunder where Clark shows up at the Daily Planet at MOS2 and no one bats an eyelash.
*Now* you faggots want Snyder realism!

nobody liked his dudebro Thor ripoff

I agree that they're doing hardcore damage control, I just don't understand why you think ignoring the fact that a house is built on a sinkhole is going to keep it above ground.

What you're saying does not address anything I just said.

>No one is going to care
Except people actually do and they showed his grave again in JL

Not everyone is your friends like Comp players 2, 3, & 4 in your self thrown mario party game sessions.

That review for Spider-man
> without getting bogged down in franchise-building
When a quarter of the movie features Ironman

Snyder realism was never realism. It was just cheap shock value "it'd be cool if this happened" moments with no actual thought for the future fallout or consequence.
Same with Lex knowing Superman's secret identity. Why am I supposed to believe he's sitting on that instead of sending Deathstroke to kill Martha Kent out of spite? I asked this several times after BvS and all I got in response was "Marvelshill!"

>Marvel ignored pretty much all of The Incredible Hulk. They ignored the Hulk-BW romance.
No they didn't.

>Why am I supposed to believe he's sitting on that instead of sending Deathstroke to kill Martha Kent out of spite?
How very...Snyder of you...

I really hope Shazam is good. The Rock as Black Adam is too perfect to be wasted

Hopefully cancellation

youtube.com/watch?v=07KFq7EqkPw

I do too, but I heard Shazam will feature Sivana as the villain. Mark Strong was casted.

>just don't understand why you think ignoring the fact that a house is built on a sinkhole is going to keep it above ground.
They need good movies. They can't reboot because that wouldn't do anything to restore public confidence. Right now DC needs to prove they can make a good movie besides WW. Reeves Batman will basically reboot Batman with a new actor. I think they'll keep Cavill because he was one of the positives critics had of JL. You won't see another JL movie until after Aquaman, Shazam, and WW2 perform well.

If Aquaman bombs then the DCEU will be dead. Shazam will just be on its own but it would be too late to cancel. If WW2 bombs then DC will go back to only making Batman films. But I don't think Aquaman will bomb, I think it will do well. Wan is a good director and it's the first movie that wasn't under Snyder's control. I think Shazam will also be good and will help restore Superman's public image if they use Cavill.

I'm not saying it will be easy. The fact that they botched the first onscreen meeting of Batman, Superman, and WW will always be a fucking huge blunder. But Batman recovered from his awful films and I think Superman and JL can too.

Fuck him. Should've somehow stole Bautista if they needed a wrestler that bad.

>all these idtios saying the DCEU is dead

Aquaman film is too far along and Wonder Woman 2 is pretty much locked in.

This is a major blow and probably would have ended the DCEU if wonder woman wasn't successful and Aquaman film wasn't as far as it was in production.

The Batman is also still a factor but it's still in the early stages where they could make it a non-DCEU movie if they wanted.

>where they could make it a non-DCEU movie if they wanted
And isn't that what rebooting is?

>Why am I supposed to believe he's sitting on that instead of sending Deathstroke to kill Martha Kent out of spite?
Because you would have Superman meddling 24/7/365, assuming he doesn't go full Injustice.

You're autistic dude. They'll ignore it. You'll scream that it doesn't make sense but a good movie is a good movie. Having Gordon treat Murder Bats like an old friend didn't make sense but how many non autistic people cared about it? Having Cavill walk around as Clark Kent at the ending didn't make sense but they did it anyway. They'll hand wave it away with Flashpoint or just not address it.
You do realize Patty and Gal have already said WW didn't walk away from mankind anymore even though that makes no sense as to why she wouldn't have helped in MoS right?

>And isn't that what rebooting is?

Yes? If they decide to make it non-DCEU but it's too early to say what direction they'll take it at this point.

If Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman end up being successful they will probably keep the DCEU around and continue with Flashpoint and The Batman part of the DCEU, otherewise they'll save batman for a reboot.

Cavill should be playing Bruce Wayne.

Yeah they did. Where's Betty? Why is Bruce crushing over BW instead of his actual gf? They took pieces of it like Ross, but that wasn't until fucking CW.

>Zack is going nowhere, even since BvS he got a little contract where he will direct JL 1 AND 2, plus MoS2

WB would be extremely stupid to let Zack keep his "vision" for the DCEU. We can already see they are trying to stir away from that with JL.

If the contract part is real and they don't buy him out, then at the very least they need to supervise / edit him a hell of a lot more than they've been doing.

They will keep losing money and support if they keep Snyder. Seriously. Try to think as a cold money grabber exec at WB.

The only way they keep him unchecked is if JL suddenly and magically makes them tons of money in what little time on-screen it has left.

Compared to WW after BvS and people calling her a standout or one of the best parts of the movie, I haven't seen even the remotely same reaction for Aquaman.

I have however seen it for Superman

>Except people actually do
*Snyderfags actually do
No one else does because it's retarded and should be ignored. Snyder's dumb ass destroyed Superman and Batman. They need to ignore his shit going forward to salvage the characters.

>Where's Betty?
On so many government watch lists its not safe to contact her.
>Why is Bruce crushing over BW instead of his actual gf?
Forced Whedon chemistry in the first Avengers that he doubled down on in AoU and got booted out for, so now in Ragnarok it's used for mockery.
Or you could argue that He isn't. Hulk is.

JL was not his vision at all as the Snyderfags screaming for the "Snyder cut" can attest. His vision is gone, the reshoots proved that. I don't know why you guys act like he's still in charge.

>You're autistic dude
>Bringing up a legitimate complaint makes me autistic
Is that you Zack? Killing Superman was bad enough but you also had to kill off Clark Kent? When Superman disappears/dies in the comics and Clark does too they always find a way to reconcile the two, either Clark got lost in some island somewhere but here they literally had an open casket funeral for Clark. OPEN CASKET with his body in it. Do you get that this is such a huge blunder I can't even think of anything else that's been done, even in the x-men movies, that comes close to this level of stupidity?

>Brings up unrelated babble that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying

All those things you're talking about are fixable. This one isn't.

They should just make Klark admit he's superman to the public like Iron Man at this point.

Would solve the issue easily and efficiently, and if they want to retcon it they can just do that with Flashpoint, which can pretty much solve all the problems of the DCEU at this point if they actually go through with it.

You're right in that they'll ignore it.
You're wrong in that thinking them ignoring it has to happen in the theater. They'll ignore it by just not going to see it, as is the case with Justice League.

DCEU will treat it as a speed bump, much like the fans are.

They're going through some growing pains, and will hopefully find their stride moving forward.

That being said, if they go right back to being Snyder films, stick a fork in it.