What made him the best Megatron?

What made him the best Megatron?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8
youtube.com/watch?v=buWt7oNgvf0
youtube.com/watch?v=iYrKYETorM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yessssssss.

A perfect blend of threatening and campy.
I can imagine him leading a genocide as easily as I can imagine him selling anti-matter ice cream to children

>A perfect blend of threatening and campy.
This and also that he actually won a lot of the time

Being in the best show.

Also a great VA.

one of his hands was a dinosaur head

That he won.

We was surprisingly good with prehistoric earth children.

Good relative to how Waspinator got treated.

fpbp

Yeah, I can still imagine a Beast Wars Live Action Theatrical Movie (where a bunch of human scientists and explorers go to an island to research not only a space ship crash that happened 2 months ago and held the transformers in, but the recent discovery of a new element called Energon that was discovered a month before the crash, and get in the middle of a war between the Maximals & the Predicons after the Maxmals saves one of the scientist from some Insect Predicons and even teaches them the true meaning of nature while helping them to find the Energon), I could see Megatron being voiced by Tim Curry

> great VA
> plans within plans within plans.
> threatening as hell and always had a logical region keeping his treacherous minions alive
> He won.

> and yet could still find time to enjoy himself with his favorite bathtime friend

If they ever release an MP of him. They better include his bathtime friend.

This show any good for a watch if you didn't see it as a kid?

Yes, it's a solid show in its own right

>Yessssssss.

youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8

The writing.

Yes
So is G1 actually

And also the powdered wig he wore at Quickstrike's mock-trial.
youtube.com/watch?v=buWt7oNgvf0

don't do this to me man

Only for his TM2 form. yeeeeeesssss damn spider.

I didn't know I needed this until I had it.

how does he wipe his ass?

waspinator and inferno do it for him.

He's a robot. Why would he need to?

simple answer:

he won

>so good as Megatron that he's the only VA to later play Optimus.

I always wanted to see BW Megs in the TFA universe. Kaye was right there, too.

Everyone shits on this shows animation, but i still think it looks pretty good, especially given the time in which it was made.

I've seen modern cg that looks worse than beast wars. They earned that daytime emmy.

being on a show that eventually developed a direction counts.

g1 is too loose in the continuity (multiple origins for multiple characters) and a lack of direction until the movie.

everything since then has to compete with "BW did it first".

also, he CONQUERED cybertron

Not true. Garry Chalk would go on to play Optimus Prime as well.

Has G1 Megatron ever met Beast Megatron?

Everyone always compares primal and prime, but i always wondered how the megs interacted.

>the filthy organic succeeded where i could not.

>Has G1 Megatron ever met Beast Megatron?

Yeah, in the Japanese continuity which is shit and confusing and doesn't hang together in the slightest. Look up the Robotmasters cartoon and manga. It's boring and sucks, though, like most Japanese Transformers stuff.

When he realized that the OG Optimus Prime was in stasis on the planet where he was stranded, he found him and shot him in the fucking face.

G1 Megatron and BW Megatron have interacted a bunch in the Legends manga that's currently running. But it's a comedy manga and is really goofy, even though it's canon to Japanese G1/BW continuity, and not a good example of them interacting.

They do meet in Robotmasters, which is more "serious", but its so bland and forgettable that it won't satisfy, either.

That's disappointing.

G1 being such a violent warlord, and Beast being such a more dignified politician type, i would love to see them butt heads over the rightful ruler of the decepticons/predacons.

They keep the Beast Wars stories so sequestered from the rest of the franchise that we never get these crossovers.

Mainframe had another great villain like that with Megabyte from ReBoot. He could pull off goofy schemes and still be genuinely menacing when the time came.

Yeah. ReBoot is really enjoyable as an adult as well.

I've been waiting for our turn to be pandered to as 90's kids for nostalgiabux but it doesn't seem like it's coming.

Don't know about you but I got my MP Dinobot preordered.

Nothing because he's not

Well Optimus Primal is getting a new Leader class figure in POTP. Maybe there is hope?

Remember that time Optimus Primal turned into a skateboard?

He. Turned. Into. A. Dinosaur!

All of Mainframe's work was pretty revolutionary for television in its time.

G1 Grimlock vs BW Megatron

has it ever happened?

> they have never met in IDW or any US cartoon.
> Kaye still voices in Transfromer cartoons.

I mean it's like they don't want a huge ass moment. yeeeeeeesssss

We were close to a new BW Megatron a few years ago. Hasbro showed off a remolded FoC Voyager Grimlock with a BW Megatron head.

>Successfully takes control of the Principle Office in one episode

>Crashes Enzo's birthday party just to show up Bob in a rock-off in another

>Voiced by the late great Tony Jay

Megabyte was truly based.

Killing Optimus Primal when he wasn't even the main target. He just happened to get in the pod, so Megatron rolled with it. And let's not forget almost wiping out all Autobots and Maximals from existence

Megabyte was grand. Tony Jay really did a fantastic job, making a villain that was simultaneously capable of terrible, heinous crimes and diabolical viciousness while still being charming, clever and funny. Too many shows now either make their villains boringly mundane or try to play the empathy card, having a villain that revels in what they are and what they do is always great.

Also, have the video of said guitar battle.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYrKYETorM8

>I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come...and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you

Dude named himself after Satan and actually managed to live up to the name

And it looked better than the crappy CG animation in Transformers Energon and Transformers Cybertron.

>We was surprisingly good with prehistoric earth children.

wat

long story short he was trying to build this really powerful weapon that would destroy the maximals, however the predacons could't use it either because it affected cybertronians. So he basically talks some prehistoric children through making it work properly.

Hilarity ensues

This show really need more sexy predacon fembots

nice!

>predacon fembots
A fellow user of culture I see.

Nah, preds and maximals are some kind of confusing midpoint.

What was the name of that story where Armada Megaton goes dimension hopping and wrecks shit?

Yes, it's great, apart from few S1 episodes.

With his other hand?

No, but Grimlock did show up in the Beast Wars comics as a giant white Dinobot

This

>soft robot tits
>leg reductions
@han-0v0 is no nigga of mine

>If they ever release an MP of him.

I think it's a matter of 'when' than 'if' at this point since they've done the mainline Maximals (Generations Rattrap and Rhinox) and all that's left are the important predacons and since they've done Waspinator I would not be surprised if Megatron and Tarantulus are next on the list..

Honestly I'd place prime over g1
G1 really only has nostalgia going for it. It's the middle of the road not awful but also not great by itself.

Season 1 is hit or miss, the rest is pretty solid.The CGI is kinda dated, but the plot and characters still hold up surprisingly well.
>I have no time for you X
>Like you had no time for Starbase Rugby? You had friends there! As I recall, tasty ones, too.

What said, but also put UT Megatron in the bottom with movie Megs. He had neat designs, but overall was kind of a dumbass throughout the trilogy.

>soft bits a bad thing
Sometimes I think people take the "clang" in "clang-clang" too seriously.

outdated technology but good art direction and an understanding of how to work within your limitations (see ReBoot especially where that late 90s cgi aesthetic looks so dated but also so perfectly fitted for the setting)>state of the art tech but no artistry

He was smarter, funnier, and yet somehow still more menacing than any other Megatron.

Superb

Who's the Megatron next to Prime Megatron?

IDW/Marvel Megatron

Here ya go.

That isn't animated Megatron

I wonder what would happen if all the Megatrons got together? Besides fighting each other.

They'd swap stories of their starscream's incompetence and treachery, probably have a fusion cannon mexican standoff or two then get drunk

>prehistoric

Optimus Primal says in the show that Optimus Prime was his ancient predecessor. If Optimus was on earth in the 1980s then earth couldn't be prehistoric.

>filthy organic

But beast Megatron specifically wanted to get rid of organic shit

TFA Megatron isn't a party guy though

You do remember that they fucking visit the Ark's crash, and the Ark has all the Autobots and Decepticons still inside ... right? Every single bit of Beast Wars barring the first few seconds of episode one takes place between 8:20 and 8:28 of More than Meets the Eye, Part 1.

Yea, the plot of BW is really dumb at times because the plot of G1 is one of the stupidest things ever. I have no idea why, why why why ant writer felt the ark should have been on earth for millions of years. No ever noticed or found a fucking spaceship for millions of years? Schockwave just won the war and ruled for millions of years? They all just slept, for millions of years? Then everything on cybertron is pretty much as if they've never left.

Also.... if megatron can just time travel back to earth, why didn't that happen more? Why did the predacons only send ravage? Just send more? You got time to prepare and could send them right after Ravage arrived. When you got time travel the plot starts to weaken.

They only got time travel after the war was won. The Tri-Predacus Council did not think it would have worked out in their favor if they tried it. Megatron was a madman who tried it anyway, and only when he was desperate.

He literally won. He took control of the principal office for good, then they never got a third movie. Hexadecimal was an amazing character too.

Thats my point. They have this mad man back in time and you send one dude? I get the answer to this is budget, but the plot still weakens. Ravage failed and the council just, gives up? Clearly something was up if Ravage didn't come back. They knew where/when Megatron was and wanted him taken care of without the maximals knowing about it. The best ending to beast wars would have been Rhinox hiding a secret code in the ark or the nesmsis or something so maximals find it in the future and show up to save them. Then have them establish some kind of temporal defense on the area/time. Cause in theory, anyone could just go back there and try to change the timeline again. The show was just too damn expensive to fix its own issues, you kinda just have to roll with it.

Plans within plans within plans.

Ravage was also their best assassin. Why they never sent more is a good question after he never reported in.

>Given a mission from the original Megatron to change history in favor of the Decepticons
>Goes "Nnnnaah, fuck that" and hijacks the plan with his cronies for his own ends
>Master schemer and planner, only true losses are from out of nowhere factor or due to his own men's incompetence
>Takes NO SHIT from anyone, instantly tried to put down Dinobot when he rebelled
>Actually bothers to keep tabs on his Starscream (Tarantulas) at all times because he just KNOWS the little shit will turn on a dime
>capitalizes on a chance to kill his bitter rival once and for all, even calls in to gloat at his victory during Primal's final few seconds
>makes a neigh-immortal psycho death bot his bitch
>convinced Ravage, an operative with specific orders to either kill or capture him, to join his side with merely a pep talk and message from Ol' Daddy Megatron
>when pushed into a corner, he was perfectly willing to END EXISTENCE ITSELF just to win
>does this by DECAPITATING OPTIMUS PRIME
>breaks the universe again for an upgrade to that bitchin' dragon form
>when RoboGod comes down from on high to slap his shit for messing with reality so much, his first and only reaction is "pfft, fuck off"

"Best" Megatron doesn't even come close to describing him

Worlds Collide.

But it's G1 Galvatron who came to Armada.

Unless your'e referring to the Armada Megatron repaint Megazarak?

Gold is very malleable

>neigh-immortal
Rampage was a crab, not a horse.

Too bad those new designs look like shit

I'd like to add to this that its fun watching his descent into insanity.

BW Megatron does indeed go fucking insane.

Even for all of Beast Machines problems some how they did manage to keep that in tact.
>Megatron has went batshit but he's realized he's went batshit
>puts all the blame on his beast form abd equates organic = insanity and tries to purge everything of it including himself
>the few times he does loose his cool he reverts to beast mode and unleashes the dragon

I also think showing a villain having things to do, even incidental things, other than providing an antagonist really helps with making that balance work. That and you have to resist the Venom temptation where you've made this really cool villain so you find a way to make them a protagonist.