Why does Thanos fighting looks so... soft? His attacks don't seem to have any weight to them

Why does Thanos fighting looks so... soft? His attacks don't seem to have any weight to them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRt_UVxgQZk&t=152s
youtube.com/watch?v=6qaK0tW1APY
youtube.com/watch?v=LMdfj62iC_g
youtube.com/watch?v=XEaX_uHHFUA
youtube.com/watch?v=c3D--I78F7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MCU with a strong villain?
HaHa!

The MCU is a multi-billion dollar franchise. Why the fuck does the CG look like a cutscene from the late PS2 era?

Maximum Profits!

the cg looks fine to me but its true that it could always be better, but all this studio does is cutting corners wherever it can

>Hollywood
>in charge of fighting scenes that have impact
Give up. For all the John Wick dicksucking every time the fight parts were anything but gunplay it sucked hard and that's considered to be one of the best action movies in years.

Like Friends series, the actors got overpriced.

That's what infnity war is for, get rid of those characters at the same time,so they can bring new actors.

You dare criticize the MCU!?

Spider-man literally weights nothing to him.

well ye john wick is trash to me
and the russos do have a tv quality to their films
but they actually make cap fights (street level guys in general i guess) look excellent and you can feel the force

actually one might argue the goons are likely to die of internal injuries from what is shown

What I'm angry about is that thanos will obviously collect great reviews whereas steppenwolf was stomped by critics despite the similar abominable form

I still hoping for a MCU fight that has the same feel of the DCEU fights,I mean every punch Superman lands it ends up destroying the floor and everything around him.
youtube.com/watch?v=WRt_UVxgQZk&t=152s
youtube.com/watch?v=6qaK0tW1APY

Yeah those cust are fucking retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=LMdfj62iC_g

say what u want about dceu but MoS punches and the doomsday fight had WEIGHT to them. It felt like heroes fighting, I got excited seeing thanos' arrival thinking ok finally nyc will crumble and he will be wrecking shit but kind of underwhelmed by him toying around with spiderman.

it only looks ps2 when paused in a screencap. in motion it looks at least ps4 or ps4.

all CGI looks less real paused. literally pause any CGI movie, even Avatar at some points looked like this.

ps3 or ps4**

Look at how smooth and violent this scene was,damn I hope someone keep this level of action in the next movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=XEaX_uHHFUA

say what you want about snyder, but hes the only director to deliver actual comic book movies
(as opposed to movies with superheroes in them)
hes trying to translate a comic book into moving picture
(with various results, i loved mos)

Why is it weird for Thanos in his unlimited hubris to punch down to his opponents?

Considering nearly all of Snyder's comic book movies are trash, maybe "translating a comic book into a moving picture" is fundamentally a doomed project.

great arguments, Sup Forums

You're angry because you are stupid and faggot, JustShit League was crap, Thanos is going to win that makeup Oscar you faggots keep bragging about.

Yeah,JL was better then BvS but there was so many downplays if compared to BvS and MoS,the OST(Zimmer and Junkie did a better job then Elfman),the climax(I didn't expected Zod to die or Superman),the final fight(it was breath taking) and the scenes(like the "beam struggle" or "clash" scenes).
youtube.com/watch?v=c3D--I78F7I

Justice league wasn't really bad, though I'm on Sup Forums so what am I expecting.

I liked Watchmen.

>It sucked hard
This shit fucking taste.

I liked Watchmen,300,MoS and JL and BvS

like i said - with various results, i dont think lifting actual panels is a good idea
(vide: 300 or watchmen)
but mos was a fucking spectacle for all its faults

studio meddling with bvs and jl really pains me
(note im not one of the not muh favourite hero fags, but i do notice snyders shortcommings as a director)

They're different mediums, though... some changes are always going to happen. There's never been a 100% faithful novel to movie translation either, but some stellar movies have been made from crappy books, and some crappy movies have been made from stellar books and a whole spectrum in between. Hawkeye's comic book costume would look like shit on the big screen...

The problem Snyder has is that he goes through comic books and recreates panels that he thinks are cool without an understanding of what is going on behind them. That why Watchmen, although almost a shot for shot remake of the book until the last few minutes, feels soulless and empty, like someone going through the motions.

He's someone playing a song on the piano. Sure, he's got that Mozart down pat, but he doesn't really come up with anything original. Take the sheet music away, and you end up with bits and pieces of the songs he knows that other people wrote.

Hell, Suckerpunch is almost 2 hours of one music video after another strung together by a "plot" that only exists to get us to the next music video.

Can a CGI character win Best Makeup? I'm not taking sides or anything, I'm just wondering.

welcome to the world of CGI

Because he's not using his weight. The whole point is that he's wrecking everyone's shit with very little effort, as it should be.

everything about MoS sucked ass

>Can a CGI character win Best Makeup?
no

reminding everyone that while the CG in Infinity War might suck (and probably will in some parts, if past movies are any indication), a lot of the shots in the trailer are probably unfinished

Yes read my 2nd post, directly above yours
I agree with you
I like 300 so so, it's not well stitched together, it suffers the most from his actual panel lifting and awkwardly linking scenes- it gives a grotesque effect seeing how different shots don't click well with each other, downside of his unconventional camera use.
Bad storytelling, but then again I don't appreciate much the comic book either.
Watchmen is a total failure as an adaptation, for the reasons you stated (also- it IS unfilmable) and because Snyder can't direct actors for shit.
But then mos is genuinely fantastic if flawed.
Worth noting that it has none of that panel recreation shit, rather translating comic book language (at least the capeshit aspect) to movie language with a coherent flow
And damn it looks like actual demigods fighting!

As a side note, I think Sin City adaptation is shit

Aaand the true motive comes out.

A fair comparison would be a Doomsday clip.

I didn't like BvS all that much, until I watched the ultimate cool kid edition. That helped explain some scenes, and made the film a lot better.

If Thanos gets ever easily thrown around by Thor or Vision then you may have a chance to post this again, until then shut up.

Why would he go ham against a baby?

Steph looks like a pale skinned guy with a goatee

Its unfinished. Anyone got the comparaison between Guardians trailer vs release?

Reminds me of when Broly pins Vegeta's head to that wall

Don't use logic against peoples hurt feelings user. It never turns out well

Did you determine this from a split second glimpse in a trailer?
Reevaluate your life.

So, how many Oscars will this movie one.

Hint: The number starts with Z

Screen shot instead of video also trailers tend not to be as finished lately.

>>The heroes will unite after the civil kerfuffle to defeat the purple guy with the power of fun

Inb4 Criminal America and his team meet up with Tony and they trade a few punches before going "why are fighting? This is stupid. Welcome back."

when he punches Iron Man it looks kind of shitty too

Zero's not a number.

What are the numbers 10 20 30 40 100 1000 etc? Anomalies?