Is there a reason why all heavy metal issues are taking forever to ship or are out of stock completely...

Is there a reason why all heavy metal issues are taking forever to ship or are out of stock completely? Why is grant morrison in charge of editing a wank mag instead of writing for rick and morty??

Yeah, I've had a couple problems with my subscription over the past year. Including them losing the info that i resubscribed and paid for a second year, not starting that sub, and when i tried to contact them over honestly Facebook comments and message, Instagram comments and message, Twitter, 2 email addresses and more, it took them over a week to acknowledge me. They forgot an issue during last year too. It's been cool, some stronger than others, like the music issue was terrible, and the couple ongoings are weak too. His stories are great, and some others, as well as art galleries are really strong. I'd like to see him continue a number of the stories he's written, like the noir cat thing, the space sex warriors. I couldnt imagine paying $9 for an issue, but for the roughly $3.50 sub price it's been cool.

I'd also like to see more from Morrison as far as content. I pre-ordered the Savage Sword of Jesus Christ on amazon and it still doesn't even have a shipping date and some private vendors are selling it for a 160 dollars?? (wtf).

just but it at barnes and noble

From what I've seen the collections put out by Heavy Metal themselves suck. Cheap glue that cracks during a first read.

I mean the Atomahawk team published their comic in Heavy Metal magazine and then went to Image for the collection.

Is heavy metal any good? I've heard my LCS owner talking about it but I've no idea what it's about

>a what it's about
It's an anthology. A bunch of different stories each issue, some continuing some one offs.

uh its a difficult magazine to describe. It used to be a hallmark of nerd culture, but its been irrelevant for a decade. Its basically sexy digital/comic art mixed with genuinely good comic stories and articles. Its also got it's own niche and comes with a lot of nostalgia to 80s/90s kids. Also Morrison has a way of attracting a fuck army of fan boys who will buy anything he makes (including me) so i guess its worth trying it out? its a love it or hate it kind of thing.

Yea, it's good, but it's a mixed bag. Each issue has a couple stinkers, a couple solid reads, and a couple great reads (usually Morrison's). They always feature interesting artists in galleries and interviews. Morrison's intros are really funny and he wrote an excellent essay which i'll post now.

I'm willing to say that I love it because it introduced me to Requiem: Chevalier Vampire.

It has stories in all genres, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, humor. Lots of nudity/T&A and tends to have a heavy metal attitude so you might see things you wouldn't see in superhero comics like extreme violence, drug use, rape, etc. But it also has 'high concept' stories in unique settings. A lot of great art.