Is this actually the best order to watch MCU stuff in?

Is this actually the best order to watch MCU stuff in?

Also I've been avoiding watching Ant-Man because I'm still bitter Pym didn't get a movie. How is it?

Isn't this supposed to be in Sup Forums?

Watch out user, people around here have a tendency to screech like frogs and throw tantrums if you even imply the films and TV shows are in the same universe.

The TV shows literally refer to the alien invasion from the first Avengers movie.

I can see arguing that they can be enjoyed separately, and I think they can, but it's ridiculous to claim that they can't be reasonably interpreted as part of the same universe as well.

>if you even imply the films and TV shows are in the same universe.

They aren't. Feige doesn't give a fuck

Iron Man
Winter Solider
Guardians 1
Daredevil season 1
Guardians 2

There are three things:

>show-universe
>movie-universe
>show-and-movie-universe

All are legitimate interpretations.

>Is this actually the best order to watch MCU stuff in?

Well they put films in chronological order but then say Captain Marvel should be 47 when it's set in the 90's. So no

Ant-Man does Hank justice. I won't say anything more than that about it.

As for the timeline, I disagree with it. Particularly the placement of Agent Carter, it's best watched in release order because of things like Dr. Faustus' hypnosis technique from the first season being used by Black Widow on Hulk in AoU and the Darkforce being introduced in season 2 just before coming up in AoS.

>Pym didn't get a movie
He is a major character you ninny, he just doesn't wear the suit because he's old. And he still punches a couple people.

Ant-Man is great. One of the best entries.

>Captain America until the plane crashes
>Iron Man
>Hulk
>Thor
>End of Captain America
>Avengers
>Winter Soldier
>Avengers 2
>Civil War
>GOTG
>Ragnarok

You can ignore the other films and this will still tell the complete story in chronological order

Dark World should be in there to explain what happened with Loki, Frigga, Odin in Ragnarok and why Thor was apparently adventuring for years when last we saw he was directly heading back to Asgard.

yes.

>doesnt include the bluray one-shots

plebians

>references Daredevil in Doctor Strange after gaining complete control
>doesn't give a fuck

If you're referring to the name of the hospital you should literally kill yourself

paul rudd is amazing. movie is hilarious without being marvelquipscore

the one thing you miss if you do this is where the other Infinity Stones are, and also certain setups like Loki looking at the Tesseract in Thor 3. If you want to you could just google it though I guess. I'm not about to tell you to sit through Thor 2 just to get a couple more references.

>Also I've been avoiding watching Ant-Man because I'm still bitter Pym didn't get a movie. How is it?

I feel you, but for what it's worth, Hank Pym IS pretty great in this movie. He's one of the main characters and his characterization is spot-on. His first scene in the movie when we see him as a young man dealing with a bunch of SHIELD bureaucrats made me laugh with delight. I think as a fellow Pym fan you'll have the same reaction.

>posts proof you're wrong
>"REEE KILL YOURSELF!!!1!!"

>if I keep ignoring facts then my head-canon will never be wrong
The state of head-canoners

I'm one who thinks the shows are MCU canon, but the name of a hospital isn't THAT strong of a connection.

There are much stronger connections on Agents of SHIELD.

It's the only reference the MOVIES give to the shows. Besides, you know, the multiple characters that go back and forth but just like the hospital headcanoners ignore that