Managed to make the MCU a success

>Managed to make the MCU a success
>Made the GotG, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange mainstream
>Drew Perlmutter nuts by removing his influence from the films and left his Inhumans project to die
>Got more creative freedom after getting convincing the Mouse to separate Marvel Studios from Marvel Entertainment

He made it

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020
youtube.com/watch?v=bjq2fy66y9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He also banished Bendis's attempt to acquire a major role and influences in the MCU films.

That explains homecoming

>Bendis trying to fuck up GotG through creative committee
>gets ignored
>trying to influence movie by taking over GotG comic
>outright ignored by Gunn for DnA
>Feige uses Ganke but calls him Ned so Benis gets no royalties

Got to respect an alpha like that and I don't even care for the MCU.

can he fix DC, lads?

>The guy who got into Marvel thanks to comics manages films
>The people who will manage Marvel Comics in the future will have been introduced by the films

Damn, so Asian Ned was just to fuck with Bendis? Top keks.

Bendis must have really pissed of Feige.

He was probably pissed by his run of GotG

>Ant-Man
>Dr. Strange
>mainstream
Yeah, no, especially Strange. Ant-Man has the benefit of being more of a comedy and thus appealing to kids more.

Dr. Strange was an OK origin movie in a franchise full of OK origin movies. People probably recognize him as "the super hero Benedict Cucumber plays" at best.

>it ends up with Bendis leaving Marvel for a DC proposal that lets him work on their TV/Movies department
Based Kev.

Now if only the comics can get someone like him (or at the very least remove Ike)

I think Feige still keeps up with Marvel comics, what self-respecting fan of Marvel ISN'T fucking pissed at Bendis for all the stupid shit he's written over the past 10 years

>or at the very least remove Ike
The prophecy says once Stan Lee stores enough energy he'll launch a suicide attack to terminate Ike's reign of terror.

I wonder if he's as disgusted by MCU synergy as Sup Forums is
>They literally killed off War Machine because they thought he died in the movie judging by trailers

>bendis: oh rhodes dies in civil war, well i better kill him off in the civil war 2 comic
>feige: PSYCH!

There are bigger chances of Stan getting weinstein'd
I mean, it happened to Lasseter of all people

>He manages to loosely translate Civil War into something enjoyable
>He looks at Civil War 2 and doubts even the Russos could make something out of that mess

>then Bendis wonders why Spencer mostly ignored his shit event and moves to DC
I wonder if weeblord can straighten up the ship.

All the people Stan Weinstein'd are fucking dead, user.

Why life is so unkind to Gwen?

You only like her because of Gurihiru!

She was still cute in Venomverse

I enjoy watch her suffering

I've liked her since Howard the Duck

I'm not cool with Ned not being Ganke though
Bendis deserves shit but he has made Ganke consistenly great in the pages

To be fair we don’t exactly know what they’re doing with Ned in the next movies. Possibly having him and Betty get together. Possibly Hobgoblin arc. If they at least mix him with Ned in an interesting way I’m cool with it.

He does keep up with the comics, he's said that a number of times over the years.

>See Spider-Man Homecoming trailer
>Remember knowing a chubby normie Asian with a tan who looks like Ganke/Ned
>Go up to him the next morning and congratulate him for being in the new Spider-Man movie
>"I know right, I get to be Hobgoblin"

Nah. He deserves all the shit he gets.

Especially when it comes to bastardizing characters.

bc shes shit

No Bendis killing off characters that have decades of history and replacing them with his shitty fanfiction OCs means Bendis gets shit even when he fucking keels over from a heart attack and Sup Forums shits on him in his obit sticky user.

>Bendis gets shit even when he fucking keels over from a heart attack
So it mean now when he us gone most of his OCs going to be written off

Ned/Ganke was retarded because Peter already HAS a really good supporting cast and replacing that with Ganke is just stupid. Also, what the fuck do you do in the future if you ever try to bring Miles to the movies? Have two Gankes?

It's just fucking retarded. Homecoming was a big fucking mess though, and I guess not having Ganke in it wouldn't have changed that, but still.

Doubt so.

At best Riri will get a lot less spotlight, but Miles and Jessica Jones are too popular to suddenly vanish.

Jessica Jones was kind of a Watchmen godsend in that Bendis wanted to fuck shit on Spiderwoman but instead he wasn't allowed to so he had to make Jones original. You can tell from my post that I think both Watchmen and Alias are overrated. But considering what DC's done to both the Charlton characters AND Watchmen and what Marvel's done to Drew and Jones there's really no win win anyways.
>tfw DC and Marvel don't use Legacy or OCs properly where the fuck is Schwartz or Shooter when you need him?

Hopefully they will never bring Miles to the movies (not the live action ones anyway). But agreed on Homecoming being a fucking mess.

>tfw there's a universe out there where he was a DCbro
It's not fair.

On the contrary. I hope they do bring Miles into the movies as a side character and give him a new codename, so synergy can do its work and end years of Bendis' efforts of trying to make him the main Spider-Man.

Miles is fully on Sony
He's getting an animated movie by the guy who directed Rise of the Guardians

IIRC he's really affable with Fox and even gave some advice during Deadpool's production

I like the way you think, bud.

I wish he made an Inhumans movie instead of leaving it to it's fate.

The Inhumans were some of my favorite comics back in the day, and the last 5 years in comics has been fucking awful with Ike wanting them to be bargain bin X-men.

The show and their appearance in printed media for the last half a decade have been such a disservice to a great concept and cast of characters.

That is why I said MOST

He was actually a producer's assistant and went to school to be a filmmaker. He just happened to impress the shit out of Avi Arad while working on Blade and X-men that Arad offered him a spot as second in command, allowing him to work up his proposal of a 5 picture deal with Paramount. The rest is history.

Nah, from everything people have said over decades he was DEVOTED to his wife.

Yes.

>most
>1 of 3
>not even written off but just given decreased screentime/importance
Did it really triggered that much someone didn't share your opinion?

>so he had to make Jones original

Jessica Jones existed as Jewel before Alias. It's just unlike Spiderwoman, Marvel had long abandoned the character and didn't care what he did to her. It was less a Watchmen-case of creating a new expy and more using a character Marvel cared less about.

We have Timm, Dini, and the DCAU

>Jessica Jones existed as Jewel before Alias.
No she didn't. That was all a retcon user. Jessica Jones, her history and her time as Jewel are all 100% Bendis.

Major lols when Donald Glover was trolling "racists" on Twitter on how he could hypothetically be Miles in a Spider-Man movie (he's too old now anyways) so much he included it in his stand up and got media spots on ET for it. Remember the rumors he'd be Uncle Ben in Homecoming? Then he gets his role in Homecoming as some no name who regular guy criminal who was slightly more than a cameo. Homecoming was shit except for Michael Keaton but knowing Glover just got a shit role in his one chance in capeshit made me smile in the theater.

Oh wait, you're right. I for some reason was confusing her with Firestar in my head.

>some no name who regular guy criminal

He was the Prowler you fucking idiot. Not that I'd expect you to know since he hasn't been in a comic in the last 7 years so you wouldn't see him on Marvel wiki when reading the synopsis of Spider-man to pretend you read comics

Bendis wasn't trying to make him the main spider-man. He put himself in a stupid situation in regards to Miles' superhero name. There'd be no problem with him still being Spider-man in his own damn universe, but the fact that Bendis just HAD to put him in the mainline one made it a retarded lose/lose situation.

There's not really a good reason for him to change the name when he's adopted the moniker of spider-man into his identity, but not changing it makes it a pain in the ass for everyone else. But if he changes, it pretty much instantly puts him as a sidekick (or one of a hundred spider jrs or whatever the hell), and yeah, that's kind of what he is, but it's stupid to openly say your character is lesser than another.

It'd all be moot if Miles just stayed in Ultimate Marvel fuck you bendis.

Glover can be Miles evil uncle

If he was Prowler where was his purple hoodie and his job as a janitor where he tinkers with gadgets? Dude could barely break into a car trunk.

You know, I'll give props to Donald Glover, he kind of changed my whole mindset on who can play who in terms of comic book movies. I used to be really against the idea of someone not white playing Peter Parker, but he pointed out that being a smart and shy kid isn't really racially specific. Kind of stuck out to me.

Tho it wouldn't be worth the outrage if they ever did try it.

>Bendis wasn't trying to make him the main spider-man.
He literally wanted to kill Peter in Civil War II and leave Miles as the sole Spider-MAN just like what happened with Wolverine and Thor until Slott stopped him on his tracks.

>but it's stupid to openly say your character is lesser than another.
Synergy overrides common sense.

Remember, user, people will buy more comics if they resemble the movies!!! Just look at the Guardians of the Galaxy!!!!

>He literally wanted to kill Peter in Civil War II and leave Miles as the sole Spider-MAN just like what happened with Wolverine and Thor until Slott stopped him on his tracks.
I actually didn't know this. I guess that's one good thing to come out of Slott's deathgrip on Spider-man.

> Bendis destroys Wanda, Vision, Scott Lang, and Hawkeye.

> Feige makes them popular again.

Feige has undone alot of Bendis's work, and it's fucking glorious.

Well, it wasn't his first rodeo after all.

Here have some reading if you're interested
nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

Hey I know who Prowler is, he was the burglar that Parker reformed and he was almost black Spider-Man in the 70's and 80's. I liked the dude. It's Slott and Bendis who don't know him obviously.

>Hawkeye
>Vision
>popular
Really activates my almonds.

What the fuck does Bendis have against Cap's Kooky Quartet era Avengers? Arguably the time when the Avengers got to be memorable as they are today. The more I read about Bendis on Sup Forums the more I realize what a massive tool he is.

They could. But Minority Report is already a thing.

>muh big names

I want a team of everyone Bendis snubbed for Riri to become Iron Heart.
Think about it.
By any possible metric, there was a better candidate already.
Shared history? Toni Ho.
Established legacy? Lila Rhodes.
Personal relationship? Pepper Potts.
Genius-level black girl nobody ever heard of? Lunella Lafayette.

I want Riri to become a villain after Tony gets enough of her shit and says she'll never be like Doctor Doom or something.

That would be awesome.
A villain out of spite, written to spite Bendis.
Can I have Ewing on this?
He'd make her come knocking at the door of every last black hero who ever was in 616.
I want Night Thrasher to slam his door with a 180° on her. Poochie-style.

I would say Hawkeye at least comes close. I have an elderly coworker and whenever I bring up comic movies he always mentions the stupid useless guy with arrows that is obviously outclassed in any given situation. So that's... something.

Better than Quickslav at least.

>Feige uses Ganke but calls him Ned so Benis gets no royalties
I always hated Ned being literally not!gahnke, but looking at it this way it makes me all warm inside
Based Feige, made uns 9 years a better marvel universe than the current 616

Stan liked to give off the impression of a swinging party boy, but he was by all accounts extremely faithful to his wife.

I have absolute faith he could.

Snyderfags would froth at the mouth and burn up message boards, but ultimately the end result would make a lot of people happy.

Even dumber.

They killed him off because Carol needed a reason to go off the deep end in CW2, and everyone else important in her life was busy being used in other things.

And?

Does it really matter what Snyder fags think? They have already filled up every corner of the internet writing 6000 pages worth of essays on why Snyder is based.

Meanwhile normies and people with patrician taste just vote with their wallet and mention briefly how shit the movies actually are.

If Fiege ever comes over and fixes DC, it won't matter what SnyderFags scream. The mainstream audience and comicfags will actually have something they can enjoy and WB will actually profit.

He has been used in the last 5 years. He's been in Peter's supporting cast since Post-Secret Wars. Even got a shitty solo out of it that got canned 6 issues in.

He's Elektra producer, he didn't do shit, Disney is just hiring better directors because they take MCU seriously unlike WB who keeps hiring Hack Snyder

>1 of 3
>3

Sup Forums still didn't read comics huh

that's as blatant bad writing as it gets

>when you realize theres a man more important than bendis literally trolling him as a side project in his career

this guy is fucking amazing

Bump

He was Ultimate Prowler. Thus specifically a miles setup

The comittee even told Gunn not to use the soundtrack

They never show character deaths in trailers. How stupid

And now Bendis and the rest of Marvel Comics is leeching off Gunn in return.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjq2fy66y9c

Did you guys roll in from Stupidsville or something? Snyder is a good director, not a good writer. Like a reverse of the Captain America directors.

This. However, playing a role in Thor was a good move to help get more screentime and normalfag recognition.

Also this.

>Snyder is a good director
...Based on?

Source?

HE IS A GOD!

>implying directing = writing
>using RT instead of individual, more legitimate reviews

Can the Inhumans still appear in them movies or the tv show ruined that? If Disney really gets the X-Men Rights there will no interest in the Inhumans.

In the FF sure, Isabelle Cornish is cute, maybe in the Xmen in a future, but they have toons of books to adapt before IvsX, a solo movie don't think so