I am glad The Jungle Movie flopped. It was a terrible movie that ruined my fucking childhood! What were they thinking...

I am glad The Jungle Movie flopped. It was a terrible movie that ruined my fucking childhood! What were they thinking? Fuck this movie. This is why you can't bring 90s Nick back, cause they'll ruin it.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/friday-cable-ratings-nov-24-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=LDsbghBAFfI
creators.co/@JacobKingfisher/4535538
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it didn't flop though?

>"Does this place have wi-fi?"
>"Yes, but I'm not telling you the password."
>*gasp* "You monster!"
>"What?! How did you know?! Pablo quick! Change the password!"

Nice bait, now get back to Reedit...

It didn't flop. Not even close.

One of the funniest parts

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/friday-cable-ratings-nov-24-2017/

I'm assuming you're referencing this and just seeing that less people looked at it than Teen Titans Go and the Loud House. But isn't there more to ratings than that?

>One of the funniest parts
It bothers me that they introduced cellphones/wi-fi and that shit and at the same time tried to be canon to the tv-series that's set in the 90s

It did the opposite of flopping actually

Here is your (You)

With all the nick channels combined, it got 1.6-1.7 mil views, so it beat TTG anyway

But TTG is YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW!

You're not supposed to think about it that much.

Plus it went onto their website mere minutes BEFORE it started airing on TV. So a significant amount of potential viewers might've gone and watched it there, and we don't have the streaming numbers.

I'm laughing at all these people who say that it didn't flop

Almost two million in ratings is a flop? I mean it's not American Idol or Sunday Night Football, but come on.

The gap between the show ending and the Jungle Movie was too far to ignore. Hillwood looks too dated because the neighborhoods they're based off of have rapidly gentrified over the decade.

What? TJM was up on nick's website for about 11-12 hours before it aired. But yes, it's likely there were a lot of viewers who watched it on stream

nice thread.

This. It also feels nostalgia pandering. What a shitty movie.

2017 was a shitty year for revivals. Now I hate both Samurai Jack and Hey Arnold! Hopefully Rocko's movie won't be bad.

I have stated this time and time again. The show ended in 2001. If things had been different, TJM could/would have been released (therefore taken place) around 2003 or 2004. You had cell phones back then, and Wi-Fi. You may also remember that one rich kid in the show also had a cell phone. They were around back in the 90s. Only rich kids had them.

>Hopefully Rocko's movie won't be bad.
Honestly, it could be awful. The title of the show gives itself away that the movie could be *full* of modern things (in 2017), that are now in Rocko's life. Also, Rocko would be like 45 now.

Correction: 2002. The last episode The Journal came out in 2002. It ended production in 2001 though

>The title of the show gives itself away that the movie could be *full* of modern things (in 2017)
Have you even watched the trailer?

>I am glad The Jungle Movie flopped

Source? I thought it did well.

I don't care when it "aired", its copyright year after the ending credits roll is 2001. If Nick didn't withhold 'new' episodes for three years, HA! would have ended properly in 2001, not 2004.

No...I can't bring myself to view it.

>No...I can't bring myself to view it.

Jesus Christ. Just kill yourself.

Wait, it's out?

Yes. Google it and watch it now.

Yep. Don't watch it. It's shit and there's a reason it flopped.

At least there's good news from this. NO SEASON 6!! WOOHOO!!!! Also no Patakis which is awesome as well!!

It's not shit at all. It didn't ruin anything from the original show and provided an emotionally satisfying ending. I'd like to hear your reasoning on why it was shit.

It did fine, we just got some assholes that just have to find fault in something and shit on everyone else's parade. Sup Forums just wants shows to fail because enjoying something and something being successful is now terrible.

@97174985
>Bitches about Rocko's new movie
>But didn't even watch the trailer for it and doesn't plan to.
Fuck you, man. Quit your fucking bitching and go back to whatever hellhole you came from. It seems you just want to gripe about something, just for the sake of (You)'s. Well, ya ain't getting it from me.

>@97174985

Re-read his post.

ok

>1,752,000 total
>1,390,000 for Nickelodeon alone
That is a flop. Nickelodeon is losing a lot of money

>not realising anything over 1mil is fine
>not taking into account that it was released online half a day early
>too early to count DVR ratings yet

It did fine user. It wasn't a blockbuster hit, but it definitely didn't do poorly, especially for primetime black Friday.

>I am glad The Jungle Movie flopped.
Same. Retards at Nick who want Season 6 arem just dumb fanboys who don't realize the show was running out of steam by Season 5

This

Alright, I'll go watch it. For (You).

From what dettached reality do you come that makes you think Nickelodeon ever planned to make big bucks off a DTV movie aimed squarely at niche nostalgia?

They did it for brownie points with Twitter generation that will go "omg! can u believe its finally over? so lit"

>don't realize the show was running out of steam by Season 5

Actually the show was only just settling into its own by season 5. Instead of every single episode being completely standalone and 10 minutes, you started getting more episodes that tied into a greater mythos with focus on Helga, Arnold's parents etc. All the stuff that the Jungle Movie eventually went to. The show was moving in that direction and becoming better for it.

This. The show did some great stuff with Arnold and Helga in Season 5

This

Okay. Watched the trailer Nick posted. The 3D movie scene got a laugh out of me. It's so weird to hear Rocko reference that they aren't in the 90s anymore. It breaks the fourth wall, kind of. Unless the 90s were ever referred to directly in the original show.

Animation looks okay, Rocko sounds exactly the same. I guess it could be good? Honestly I haven't watched the old series in years. Do the B52s still get royalties?

If the new show revisits some of the ideas they were going with in the Patacki show then I'll watch.

Why should he go there? Reddit liked it

>Reddit liked it

Clarify.

Aaaand this is what happens when you spend too much time on Sup Forums

Uh, if you actually saw the movie you'd see how they did gentrify the neighborhoods.

I saw via stream and those numbers aren't out.

Fuck man why hate on something good? It was great.

>Honestly, it could be awful. The title of the show gives itself away that the movie could be *full* of modern things (in 2017)
That's exactly how it's going to be. The joke is that Rocko and his friends just walk out of their houses one day to find 20 years have passed. It's deliberately silly, you're not supposed to think too hard about it.

tfw we will never again be able to have a Hey Arnold thread without relentless shitposting.

Thanks, Jungle Movie. Thanks nu4chan.

Eh just ignore the shitposters. It's nice to talk about the show, I hadn't thought about it in ages until the Jungle Movie came out. Went and watched some of the episodes, too. Still holds up surprisingly well.

I bought the complete series DVD at Walmart a few months ago. Seriously the best $20 I spent and the show still holds up great.

I'd go as far to say as the best example of a slice of life show.

What are your hopes for the Rocko movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=LDsbghBAFfI

$20 for the complete series? I need to hit up my Walmart, that's a great deal. I would love to just watch the series through again and see what I've missed. I got a lot of good lessons in that show, there was something special with how the characters interacted in that city environment that I just haven't seen since.

I mean, it's probably not in that high demand. Or wasn't until the movie renewed people's interest.

See

creators.co/@JacobKingfisher/4535538 I'm happy season 6 aint happening,

This is actually a fake interview. Why someone would put this together? Who knows.

CNiggers getting desperate

How legit is this interview? I'm fine with or without a season 6, but who does an interview and asks 4 simple questions and calls it a day?

Never mind, question answered.

Whole thing came off as very fan fictiony to me. It just seemed off in a lot of ways. I was pretty impressed for like the first half an hour when it felt almost exactly like and an old episode of the show. Like a lost brand new episode from fifteen years ago or something. Then they got to South America and it kinda fell apart immediately. Everything started felling very forced and rushed, especially the last ten minutes or so. Eh, it was an ok way to close up the series I suppose. I was just expecting more of a last two episodes of the show type feeling to everything I guess. Oh and his parents should have been dead. Would love to see what the original script from 2002 is like. Because I have a feeling it was way better then this.