My little sister is in tears because she thinks Cap is going to die next year

My little sister is in tears because she thinks Cap is going to die next year.

Is anyone else scared over Best Avenger's fate?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/
youtu.be/EsMD8f1P0bE?t=57s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good! Let the general audience lose a favorite character for once

He is going to die

I've thought he was going to die in Civil War desu.

Someone has to die in either A3 or A4, the actors are getting to old and I doubt they'll go for the retirement excuse more than once (and that's probably going to be Tony, retiring and being a mentor for Peter).

Steve sacrificing himself would be the perfect end to Phase 3.

He should have died in Civil War, but we ended up with a scuffle in an airport

He's gonna die. No doubt.

You should give her something real to cry about.

>tfw no more mjolnir for him to wield against thanos

Nah Ant-Man is safe.

your sister's a little bitch

>that beard

Wer the other 40 threads not enough for you shitheads? Fuck off Sup Forums faggots.

When did Cap become Big Boss?

>Is anyone else scared over Best Avenger's fate?

RDJ was too old by The Avengers and, instead, he and his agent were able to convince one of the cheapest conglomerates on the planet and one of the cheapest large comic companies to cough up millions thinking he's the secret sauce that actually makes the MCU work (the fact that Spider-Teen + Manletman made bank won't help them in the future).

> My little sister is in tears because she thinks Cap is going to die next year.

My feeling this is what Superman could have been in the eyes of the normies.

Why do normies consider Superman boring when Captain is no different?

Why? Because that's how it happened in the comics?

Cap surviving and going through his Nomad phase works better in the long run. It isn't like he can't still get a good death arc later.

Huh. It just occurred to me that death might actually be permanent in the MCU. Good, dramatic way of getting rid of older actors who are at the end of their contracts.

>My little sister is in tears because she thinks Cap is going to die next year.

followed by

>My feeling this is what Superman could have been in the eyes of the normies.
>Why do normies consider Superman boring when Captain is no different?

/tvirgins/ baiting, sage and ignore

Superman is only boring if you judge him by his powers. And that's what Snyder did, he judged everyone by their powers and only their powers. Snyder litterally dismissed everything that is human with Clark Kent.

People didn't love Captain America, people love STEVE ROGERS. Steve is what makes the character work, much like how Clark Kent the farmboy is what made Superman work. Snyder killed the farmboy because he sees no need for it.

More than likely several audience favorites will die and stay dead until they do Avengers 4 (which they are stupidly refusing to call Infinity War Part 2, since Feige is frightened off by Deathly Hollows and whatever the two-parter of Hunger Games was called), without thinking about the fact that it was a book, his lesson should be taken by Matrix Reloaded and Revolution. As long as the movie doesn't feel like it was ONE chopped into two for the bucks, it won't be that big of an issue.

It's not like the cast hasn't publicly discussed several times that two movies are being shot at the same time.

user, you're being retarded. EVERYBODY hates "part one" movies.

Is that question rhetorical?
Bad directing.

>Implying
More people cried over Logan than anyone did man of murder

>People didn't love Captain America, people love STEVE ROGERS. Steve is what makes the character work, much like how Clark Kent the farmboy is what made Superman work. Snyder killed the farmboy because he sees no need for it.

Matrix wasn't Part 1, like Hunger Games and Harry Potter, but it was a severe break with the TO BE CONTINUED.

>EVERYBODY
It's that people today don't have the patience they did in the days of The Best of Both World's and The Who Shot JR time frame, to wait for a continuation.

So if they make Infinity Wars a first parter but with cliff hangers while still being somewhat satisfying as a stand-alone, they won't have problems. Otherwise, it'll be a first part - whether they call it that or do not have the 'to be continued' BS.

>More people cried over Logan

More people saw Superman die in BvS for starters, and it wasn't really a surprise (not that Logan was either) given the use of CGI Doomsday in the trailers.

Frankly, I heard more people react to the Professor's death than to Logan's or to Logan's burial scene, since I think it was more of a surprise. And he already has had a death scene.

Don't really look like he aged much to me.

Maybe because Cap has been in 4 good movies and Superman hadn't had a good movie for over 3 decades?

>caring about capeshit
wew

Don't worry, we have a new Captain coming.

I really don't think that most people give a shit about Captain America, Thor or any of those characters beyond watching the movies when they come out

>the marvel comics are bombing
>the marvel video games are not selling
>the marvel tv shows are not popular if they are not X-men related
>the marvel netflix shows lost their thunder
>marvel toys don't sell.

This is true. The only character that got an actual bump was Hawkeye. It didn't even carry for Black Widow NOR for her collected trades belying all the furor/desire for a stand-alone movie (which I do think Scarjo could pull off easily and make work just be sheer charisma).

The problem is that audience for the live action movies is bigger than everything else you listed put together.

Remember, more individual copies of Superman Family titles were sold domestically in the 50s that there were butts in seats for The Avengers, AOU or CA-Civil War in North America, including adding in DVD sales to either title, if you want to get very specific about it.

>which they are stupidly refusing to call Infinity War Part 2, since Feige is frightened off by Deathly Hollows and whatever the two-parter of Hunger Games was called)
That's not a Feige thing, that's a Hollywood thing in general. After Deathly Hallows, every movie that did the Part 1/2 thing bellyflopped so people stopped doing it

>not caring about capeshit

>. It didn't even carry for Black Widow NOR for her collected trades belying all the furor/desire for a stand-alone movie

to be fair there isn't really any Black Widow solo stuff until the early 00s. Everything else is her with the Avengers or popping up in Daredevil and such

>>the marvel comics are bombing
>>the marvel video games are not selling
>>the marvel tv shows are not popular if they are not X-men related
>>the marvel netflix shows lost their thunder
>>marvel toys don't sell.

>All from Marvel Entertainment
>Only successful projects are from Marvel Studios

Really makes you think.

I'm worried about Wanda too.

Yeah, it's like putting someone who actually cares about that source material in charge has some sort of positive effect or something.

Captain Fivehead

He isn't gonna die next year

He's gonna die the year after that (or whenever part 2 comes out)

It always amazes me how much normies have come to love these characters.

People who I've known all my life, who I know have never pickedup a comic book in their lives, are now fearful that Captain America and Thor are going to die sometime next year. Incredible.

They'll probably kill Iron Man because RDJ is so expensive.

My fave are Iron-Man and the Guardians Of The Galaxy. The Guardians will come out alive because of their last movie in 2019 and Tony seems like will become the next Fury for the next generation of Avengers so i think im safe. Must suck to be a Cap fan tho

>Tony, I'm already a demon

It's not really your sister you're talking about, is it user? It's okay, be honest.

>...me too bro. Me too.

Cap's my husbando but I want him to go in a blaze of glory with a beautiful funeral where Earth and aliens pay their respects, like pic related. It fits him.

Well, for Cap, his temporary death in comics was a pretty pivotal story-line for the Universe and his character. So it's a path that's pretty likely to happen in the movies, and unlike comics there's nowhere near the same likelihood he'll come back to life.

Iron Man's armor looks like muscles without skin. I wonder what it's suit up sequence looks like.

Steve is too good for the MCU and lets face it he was never going to have a good death were he died of old age sorrounded by people he loves.

No straw death for him, he'll go out fighting Thanos or if the spoilers are to be believed if Red Skull is really coming back then he will go fighting the Red Skull one last time, especially since he is Steve's responsibility

>Dat forehead

>Yeah, it's like putting someone who actually cares about that source material

Kevin Feige hasn't touched a single comic book in his life.

All he did was hire Jon Favreau for Iron Man 1 and then said ''let's do that but with other characters!''

The guardians of the galaxy became big ''lets do that but with other characters!''

the guy is a hack when it comes to telling stories

Follow the comics

Kill EVERYONE in brutal fashion, and then they fix it with the infinity gauntlet at the end after saving the world by the skin of their teeth

Its their one shot to go for the throat and still use the characters, they'll do it

I'm not as sure. I could really see a situation where a version of this scene happens in Avengers 4, but Cap and Tony, and maybe a callback to Cap's "We'll do that together too." line.

>Kevin Feige hasn't touched a single comic book in his life.

Marvel Studios has a library full of comics and there are accounts of Feige sitting there in his free time looking for something to adapt.

He is also the one that suggested the Skrull/Kree War for Captain Marvel, mainly because Carol has no worthwhile story that can be adapted.

He is the one who suggests stuff and other writers and directors add to it. But he has read some of the comics.

>My little sister is in tears because she thinks Cap is going to die next year.
What a soygirl

>Marvel Studios has a library full of comics and there are accounts of Feige sitting there in his free time looking for something to adapt.

oh they said that in an interview, it must be true!!!

I just love seeing iron man get rekt, when his beatdown scene comes in the theater i will laugh my ass off as everyone else gasps in despair.

RDJ won't leave anytime soon, he lives and breathes Marvel and he's the Sith apprentice to Stan Lee's Sheev.

Various people have mentioned it, including Gunn, and there are photos of said library so stay pressed.

Yeah, that's a great excuse for you making uninformed statements: just say everyone else is lying.

>Soygirl
Jesus fucking christ I hate this website

Even if he hadn't before the MCU, you can be damn sure he's doing his research now.

What if cap and iron man get cornered and right before they go out fighting together they bury the hatchet?

>RDJ won't leave anytime soon
You're implying he has the most say in the matter. Homecoming under-performed, even though he was all over that movie, and he's paid a lot for his appearances. That's not going to be ignored, if Disney catching on that he's not the box-office draw they thought he was.

Pfff, never judge by a single user.

I know there have to be more than one picture

Fuck you Cap is the only good character in this shit show

Bitch please, he's the big reason why Feige started the break from Ike, and Feige adores him.

He'll stay even if he does nothing more than small roles and cameos.

And I say this as someone who isn't big on Tony Stark.

>all TPBs
>no floppies in sight
>nothing that well-read or even read at all
>Star Wars
>multiple duplicate volumes
Yeah, I'm sure he """"reads"""" a lot

>Bitch please, he's the big reason why Feige started the break from Ike
Source? I would have thought it has more to do with Ike forcing him to make that stupid Inhumans movie that got scrapped.

There are, just google Marvel Studios library and you'll find more from different news sources.

I am just lazy.

I also used to have a photo where you could see they had Annihilation in their library but I don't know where I saved it.

I don't think he'll die. Cap will be the one to end up getting the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 4, set things right, and will start talking about all the good he can do with it.

Spider-Man will be standing beside him, take off his mask, and say "Cap, you can't. Before he died, my Uncle Ben always said 'with great power, comes great responsibility.' This power is too great... good or evil, it doesn't matter. It can only be used to take choice away from people. If you use it, what did we fight Thanos for?"

Cap will look at Peter Parker, this skinny New York kid who signed up for a war beyond any anything that another young, skinny New York kid couldn't have even imagined back in the 1940s. Cap will smile, say "Your Uncle Ben would be really proud of the man you've become," and the gems will all shatter at once.

I am. Why does Marvel hate Bestvenger?

>No floppies in sight
No shit since everything is collected in trades
>Nothing that well read
You don't know that
>Star Wars
They do get comics from Marvel
>Multiple Duplicate volumes
Nigger, do you know how libraries work?

All this shit nitpicking, keep staying pressed.

>Everyone has either been killed or incapacitated
>Close up shot of Thor's Hammer
>We see it lifted up
>But Thor is already KO'd?
>Thanos turns around and sees Cap holding the hammer
>"I could do this all day"

but the hammer was KO :(

Spiderman is Tony adopted kid. No way that will happen

There was a big article that talked about it in detail but I can't find it but this was reported by variety before the split happened

First this happened
>variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

>Originally, Marvel wanted to hire Downey for a small role, which would have required just three weeks of work. But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday. This angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script entirely, sources said.

>Even though the deal appeared dead, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Downey’s reps at CAA continued talks in hopes of working out their issues. Feige was bent on executing his grand vision for extending the life of the Marvel characters over many years.

It was this plus Civil War's budgets being too big, Downey pushing for his co-stars to have a bigger check, which caused Feige and Ike to have problems and Feige to go to his superior and cut Ike from Marvel Studios.

Basically it was money but RDJ was also involved.

They can bullshit its come back like Tony can make more suits of armor after blowing them all up.

Just fucking go to a dwarf and ask him to make another one from a neutron star or whatever, Thor doesn't need Mjolnir for thunder but he can still use it to hit people around and throw it and have it come back and it can still have the worthy spell.

Evans wants out and they worship RDJ.

Tell her not to cry too hard in the movie theater. I want to watch the rest of the film.

It will be sad if it happens but as a Cap fan I can finally stop giving a shit about anything Avengers or Earth related and focus on the cosmic stuff.

It doesn't look like they will do the legacy stuff with Cap, let the name die with Steve since he was the only one and people know his identity.

If anything let that shield drift in space and end up in the hands of the Ravagers (or the new Guardians since the current ones might disband in vol. 3 going by what Gunn says) so my boy Vance Astro can pick it up and continue Cap's legacy across the galaxy (and also name his ship in Cap's honor like in the comics).

>Spiderman is Tony adopted kid. No way that will happen

It's already been established Spidey has hero worship for all the Avengers... Tony is just the one he's interacted with the most. Look at Homecoming. For the most part, Tony shoved the kid off on Happy for most of the flick.

Sure, Tony's the cool, wacky, rich uncle who shows up with great toys for Christmas and any kid is going to look up to him. Steve, though, is more of a father figure than Tony will ever be.

>so people stopped doing it

You understand that Feige is still doing, he's just afraid of calling it Infinity Wars, Part 2.

If people want to give him credit and glorify him as the architect of the MCU, then they also have to assign things like deciding to break up the film into two parts and refusing to call it part 1 and part 2 is as much his choice and his decision as it belongs to anyone else.

I meant the Faction Hawkeye books got a boost, not so much when they were necessarily that week's new releases but over-all from the MCU, which BW didn't get for anything she was in post the Iron Man appearance in what, 2008/09?

>Manletman is my husbando

Must be tough to be a midget even in a place like Manila or Bangalore

the Edmondson/Noto Black Widow series ran for 20 issues and ended with Secret Wars.
Thats better than a lot of stuff gets in recent Marvel.

>Marvel Studios HQ is better than Marvel Entertainment HQ
Oh Ike

According to the leaks he does go the dwarf who made Mjolnir, but ends up getting an axe instead.
Also, the worthiness enchantment would make no sense, since he already proved his worth.

>Kevin Feige hasn't touched a single comic book in his life.
You don't know a single thing about Feige.

>marvel toys don't sell.

Here's where you're wrong. Two of my friends have sons and their sons fucking LOVE Marvel, but in their minds there are only toys.

>My fave are Iron-Man and the Guardians Of The Galaxy.

I hate you, I really do. It's not so much that you've done wrong, it's just what is wrong with the MCU in general and how it's made people idolise unapologetic war profitteers and killers.

When exactly did Ike get sent to the TV gas chamber? Is there an article giving a quick rundown on the whole thing?

Even Paltrow makes fun of him
>youtu.be/EsMD8f1P0bE?t=57s

That scene in DOFP when Magneto realizes he wasted so many years fighting with Xavier was mad kino.

this truly is the worst time-line

You're an oxygen thief.

It could be so he can only carry the hammer, not many people are worthy and if he already proved it then it doesn't matter to him.