New Age of DC Heroes

DC put up some more info on the artist-focused New Age of DC Heroes.

dccomics.com/blog/2017/11/29/the-new-age-of-dc-heroes?sf174922540=1

Not sure about most, but I'm pretty hyped for Terrifics.

post them op

Personally i'm getting Sideways for Rocafort's art and The Terrifics because i love all the characters involved.

Might give DAMAGE a chance too.

Terrifics, Brimstone, Sideways, and Challengers are what I'm interested in.

Since they just put up a preview for Damage, I'll post that first then the synopses for the rest.

>Ethan “Elvis” Avery just wanted to serve his country. Instead, he’s been changed into a monster!

>Tasked as the government’s own living, breathing, ticking time bomb, Ethan retains no control when the monster takes over. Cheaper than a nuclear warhead and twice as effective, Ethan fights to rein in the damage he unleashes when the beast inside him springs free for one hour a day. With everyone around him in danger, Ethan struggles to contain the DAMAGE he inflicts on the DC Universe.

Curse Of Brimstone sounds like a decent attempt at a Ghost Rider knock-off

DC does what Marveldont

>Challengers
Is Red Tornado in Challengers? That's what will push me over the edge here.

>THERE'S A NEW SMASH IN TOWN

They're not even being subtle about the whole "Marvel better than Marvel" thing.

is that cyborg costume the new one he got during bats out of hell?

>a big fuck you to marvel stealing DC characters
wow, nearly every character is a Marvel clone

Who's the chickadee in the gold armor

I think that is so funny. Fuck Marvel.

yeah this is straight up the hulk, but whatever

he better fight Major Force

Well to be fair to both companies, uniqueness and superheroes don't really mux.

you know they let the artist do the plot first with these movie like scripts.

Is that Morgan le Fey?

Hulk isn't even unique.

That's all for the Damage preview. Now for the synopses posted on DC's website.

Venditti is trash

It's called the Marvel Method, ya fool.

The thing about most of these new characters is they're from shitty writers, and in some cases shitty artists.

I'll probably give them a chance just because I'm a brainless cape pleb, but not buying them unless they're good.

However I do kind of want to support creating new characters

>not Loose Cannon
you had one job

Really excited for this one. I hope Doc Shaner does more art for it than just the character designs. Reis is fine too, though.

I'll pick up Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider and Defenders. Might also check out Spider-man for the art. Don't care about Black Widow, Hulk or X-men.

Except Immortals and Brimstone.

DC writers are calling it plot first

Immortals is X-men. Brimstone is Ghost Rider.

Immortals isn't X-men, it's Eternals.

www.dccomics.com/master-class-sideways

for the rest of the chars

>I hope Doc Shaner does more art for it than just the character designs.

he becomes the main artist on issue 4. They wanted him to get a few issues in because of how slow he is at drawing

I was kind of hoping Immortal Men would be about a team of previously established DC immortals. Guys like Phantom Stranger. I don't recognize any of the guys in the synopsis.

That's just Zealot

>tfw really excited for The Terrifics

>Marvel Method
The Marvel Method is like a one-two-one-two process.

Rough summary from writer
Art from artist based on rough summary
Script written after the art based on the summary and the visualized comic

Andy Kubert on art for New Challengers? Might be cool, I liked his stuff on Johns' Superman.

From where is this Cutetana

That's all of them. Some of these sound cool, but for an artist-led line I think a lot of the artist choices are kind of mediocre.

>still no Shazam! book
>here's a dozen blatant Marvel rip-off OCs though!
What the actual fuck DC. Who asked for this?

People wanted new characters so DC is doing it.

How is Immortal men anything like X-men?

they were saving shazam for the movie announcement
not that its gonna get done anymore

It's sad that they're not going to sell because capefags only want nostalgia bait

They're all very safe well respected names names. And Tan.

I'm sure we're getting Billy back after Doomsday Clock.

Probably has to do with the time stolen by Manhattan.

jim lee said its how he would do 90s xmen now

That doesn't make it X-men.

>guy who pitched it said its his current take of the xmen concept
>but that doesnt make it xmen
whatever dude. ask jim lee yourself

I'll support these books do the first couple issues and see which ones stick. My money is on Sideways 100%.

Everyone who wants good Marvel books

I'm excited for Orlando and Sook on The Unexpected.

>Concept is nothing about mutants, racism or special children or a school.

>People wanted new characters
Literally who are these "people"? DC has a fucking mountain of characters that they've been sitting on doing nothing with that people want them to dust off. Who goes to DC for "new characters"? If I wanted new characters, I'd go to Image or, fuck, Valiant even. I go to DC for DC characters.

I sure as shit don't go to DC for Marvel characters. I don't care about Hulk, so why should I care about """"Damage"""""? At least the not!Fantastic Four is using established DC characters that have been underused, but the rest are just 90s Image-tier rip-offs.

Neither was Lee era X-Men

Because some people don't want to see them just spam the same characters forever

>"metahumans"
>their base is literally called "the campus"

Is JL X-men too since they're metahumans and have a base?

dunno, is JL meant to be something like xmen by its creator?

Go read Doomsday Clock.

Too bad this book will be shit.

Suicide Squad in the second fucking issue and written by Venditti.

Wasn’t leviathan just some super secret organization Talia cooked up in like a month to get back at Bruce

Except the overwhelming majority of people don't want new characters and those that do want new characters will not buy shit. And if they do it will be for 3 issues and then they'll stop.

its something related to batman so its going to be retconned to have existed since cavemen times

Jesus, shut the fuck up. Whining little bitch. Anyway, excited for the Terrifics.

I thought everybody loved Venditti now, after rebirth magic?

>you don't like this one dumb thing that DC is doing, clearly you'll enjoy this even dumber thing that DC is doing
Is it that crazy to think that people would go to DC to read about DC characters, not to read about Marvel rip-offs or shitting on Moore's legacy?

How about instead of a Hulk book, they do a Blue Devil book? Or how about instead of doing a Black Widow book, they do a Lady Shiva book? Or how about instead of Johns shitting on Watchmen, he writes the fucking SHAZAM book that he's been cockblocking other writers from writing for years because he has first dibs and will "totally get around to it soon."

"Rebirth magic" wore off pretty fast after we were over an arc in on all the books and it became abundantly clear that 3/4ths of them were Jurgens-tier at best.

Because Blue Devil is gay and nobody would buy his book, including you.

That’s retarded it was just the league or assains with a fresh coat of pain and a crazy bitch in charge

Rebirth magic doesn't exist

I can't wait for DC's Fantastic Four. Fantastic Four was what got me reading comics and is my all time favorite team. Sadly Marvel are complete cunts and can't get over the movie right shit so they've been sabotaging Fantastic Four for decades with shitty stories and character assassinations until we got to the point now where they don't even acknowledge them having ever existed. Fuck everything about modern Marvel.

He's a far more compelling character than some OC Marvel derivatives and you're delusional if you think any of these books are going to sell any more than your average Young Animal book.

I'm excited as hell for Kamen Rider Rick and Morty Spiderman

>how about instead of Johns shitting on Watchmen, he writes the fucking SHAZAM book
Johns' Shazam is as OC as this line.
Blue Devil is another OC character.

What was the last Blue Devil comic you paid for?

Looks like shit so far.

>with that much power comes great liability
God damnit. They aren't even being subtle about it.

>He's a far more compelling character
Bullshit. You just want to be a special snowflake contrarian and only throw around his name for obscure character points. Name your 10 favorite things about Blue Devil. You fucking can't faux fan hippster.

Predict how long it will take for DC to forget about these characters

www.dccomics.com/masterclass

theres some concepts in here, if that interests anyone

What are Kluh and Sly Cooper doing there

The Black and Blue arc from the New 52 volume of DCU Presents.

>supposed to be artist-focused
>most of the art looks like shit
lel

Can we bully a different c-lister. Blue Devil deserves better.

Lemire's, Snyder's, and Lee's books are the only ones that won't sell like absolute garbage, and Lee is going to leave after 3-4 issues or it'll take 5 years to get through 8 issues.
Can't imagine any of them lasting past 24 issues, but I'll be nice and say 12-18 is probably the minimum they're going for for all the books.

So DC gets a hulk analogue?

It was OC too compared to the original.

No. I will assert he is shit only claimed to be liked for hipster points until anyone can name 10 things they like about him.

I want to say Sideways has a chance, and Terrifics has some hype behind it but honestly how many of these event-launched books work out ever?

Well, since you can only seem to enjoy things if they're framed in the context of a Marvel character: he's like Nightcrawler but with a better design.

>he's like Nightcrawler but with a better design.
objectively false in every sense

>Sideways adoptive parents are literally a balding, weak-chinned cuck who looks like Mark Waid and Hilary Clinton
It's like they tailored this for Bendis as bait to lure him away from good properties

You really couldn't at least come up with more than one thing or get close to ten?

He's shittier than I thought. Especially with you only thinking of a single back handed compliment of him at that.