ReBoot: The Guardian Code will Premiere February 2018 on Netflix

It would appear that in the United States (and perhaps other countries) no TV network signed on to broadcast the series, so Rainmaker made a deal with Netflix instead. At present it is unknown if it will also be available on Netflix in Canada. That said, February is likely to be the month it will premiere on YTV as well.

Good to see this finally happening. This way everyone can agree it's a pile of steaming bullshit and Rainmaker might just give up with ReBoot...and give the rights to those who rightfully deserve them, the original co-creators.

Other urls found in this thread:

rebootrevival.com/?p=2177
arbutusfilms.com/podcast/49-dn-5-todd-ireland/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Source: rebootrevival.com/?p=2177

A friend of mine works on this as one of the lead animators.

He gets horribly depressed when they have to do anything related to live-action.

Any info?

Is there any association with the original show other than the name?

>He gets horribly depressed when they have to do anything related to live-action.

I feel bad for anyone working on this, CGI or otherwise.... save for Michael Hefferon, of course. It's going to flop, and flop hard.

Someone call Woolie.

>Any info?
Nothing more than what's been posted. The official channels (ie their Facebook /reboottgc) have yet to even announce the premiere date.

>Is there any association with the original show other than the name?
No. One of the writers, Todd Ireland called it a "spiritual continuation"... so there's no real connection aside from using the name to get it greenlit, and characters and locations from the original to push the "oooh I remember that" factor.

Ireland also said to ignore the noise the fandom is making over what we've seen and know of TGC, and that we "just don't know". He also strongly believes that once more is revealed and the series premieres we're likely to go "maybe we were wrong, y'know? it is pretty cool".

Also in the interview he stated that the overall story for the 20 episodes took the writers about a month, with 6 day work-weeks to come up with.

arbutusfilms.com/podcast/49-dn-5-todd-ireland/

>Someone call Woolie.
I messaged him via Twitter. Would be nice if he retweeted the tweet I made. Get that seen by his large number of followers.

Even after being buds for 6-7 years, he's not gonna reveal any company secrets. Though I think he said something about it having connections but also it being like a...soft reboot I suppose? Old characters will definitely be reappearing is all i'm told.

All I know is, he comes to me at times for recommendations on Sentai or some Japanese Toku cuz he wants to implement their flashy movements into the show's animation.

Think Gokaiger.

Mind you, this was stuff from well over a year ago, so its likely changed by then.

This guy probably has a more up-to-date take. My info just comes from the guy working in the animation department.

>Old characters will definitely be reappearing
Yeah Hefferon himself said we'd see Bob, Dot, Enzo, Megabyte and Hex. I doubt it'll go further than that (Phong, maybe). I don't think they've had the VAs for Hack and Slash reprise their roles... so....yeah.

In fact just which VAs are back or not is still up in the air.

The creators are old men, retired and probably moved on with their lives. It's not like they would've done anything with it. Monkey's paw either way.

>Yeah Hefferon himself said we'd see Bob, Dot, Enzo, Megabyte and Hex.
>Megabyte coming back without Long John Baldry.
This is the worst thing to ever happen to the series.

>Not recommending him some Heaven's Tornado

Megabyte wasn't voiced by Long John Baldry...He was voiced by Tony Jay (Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Megabyte was Tony Jay, but Baldry did other characters in the show. None of it matters now because they’re both dead and these clowns are better off using Hexidecimal

>REBOOT is coming back

cool

>it has live action segments with teenagers

FUCK

>The creators are old men, retired and probably moved on with their lives. It's not like they would've done anything with it.
Actually both Ian Pearson and Gavin Blair want to resolve the fourth season's cliffhanger and if able, go on from there.

>Heaven's Tornado
He just wants flashy fightins with groups of people.

And let's face it, we're not getting Masaki Suda back ever again. He's like Joe Odagiri now.

We got Gentaro back tho, and he had seemed impossible too.

There's also some irony in having to resort to Netflix. Hefferon had said:

>"For the year before I came up with what the new concept, I talked with people. I talked with broadcasters around the world. The one [resounding] thing — and I hate to break it to the fans — was nobody wanted the reboot of what [the show originally] was. Nobody was willing to buy it."

I've always questioned that claim, as he's a noted liar.... but the obvious answer to keeping the show as it was, was to go straight to Netflix if no traditional networks wanted it.

Of course Hefferon never had any intentions of resuming the original as it was, and was very gung-ho about HIS vision of taking memorable aspects of the IP and mashing them into his generic "teens save the day" series.

sounds like th best choice for them since Netflix would suck anyone's dick for more "original shows"

reboot is better off dead then ruined.i hate this rebooting trend where they bring back shit that should've stayed dead. first jack now this.

At least the original creator coughed up that shit. For this one, the original writers aren't even given a consideration

I think it was only because he WANTED to come back. As far as I know, Phillip doesn't want to be associated with kid-shit anymore.