Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120222132930.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=vsSSMjHd2gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything

Everything.

I've never seen a chinese homeless

there was one monkey news where ricky was laughing at him but steve actually looked it up and said the story was accurate. can't remember which one it was. it was a rare time where Karl laughed out loud

Frequently and consistently

youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k

it's always great when he laughs

His bit about birds in cities yelling louder in cities to compete with noise pollution was spot on.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120222132930.htm

Also he was right about donating socks and underwear to shelters. They DO need those for less fortunate ESPECIALLY socks. It's the most requested item. Steven Merchants response to this of "I don't care how poor you are you can afford under wear and socks" is a tad bit out of touched

>And if you had the powers of invisibility what would you do with it?
>Just sort of wander around... and not be seen

We definitely have more than five senses.

He was even right about the monkeys

Everything

The doctor being able to feel the pain of patient would be fucking amazing.

>Also he was right about donating socks and underwear to shelters.
Well, I'm pretty damn sure that the shelters aren't looking for used socks and underwear. That has to be a health hazard.

Was he ever wrong about anything?

Ricky and Stephen are the quintessential smug liberal "intellectuals."

You do wash your underwear and socks right? Just because they touch your feet and dick doesn't mean they won't be clean after a wash

part of my enjoyment of the show is they are just karl but on the opposite side of the spectrum

I brush my teeth and floss, but nobody wants my spit in their mouth.

So there was a bank robbery and thr police was too busy faffing about, then a superhero saves the hostages and captures the bank robbers. And Turns out the super hero who saved the day was a little monkey fella

I'm sorry to hear that user

>If it's in Trafalgar Square, where everyone's wandering around, having a nice time, you don't want a 12 foot cock.
Valid.

lighthouses go out during the day.

Over on /x/ I read a story where a ghost wanted his eyes in the afterlife. So yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=vsSSMjHd2gg

This is the clip that made me fall in love with the podcast.

Ricky actively tries to not understand him when he actually has something and just isn't phrasing it well.

Notably:

If you made a perfect copy of yourself it might be difficult to be sure you're the original.

Ricky does meet the opinions of intellectuals half way and interpret their statements charitably whereas he does the opposite with Karl.

He was right that it was cool and interesting and surprising that Warwick Davies had a proportional kitchen but regular sized appliances.

He was generally right in every arguement with Warwick. See; him explaining to Warwick that those gypsies were rubbing his head and giving him attention because he was a dwarf, not because they knew he was in star wars.

His two brains film idea just needs a bit of polish to actually be a decent black mirror episode.

His Tom Cruise movie, while retarded, actually has a coherent and sophisticated theme, something which isn't acknowledged.

He literally got called retarded not for claiming augmented reality would become a big thing, for for just thinking it was a possibility. Gervais had never encountered the idea and wrote it off without consideration.

Completely correct that it would be weird and stilted to get war poetry from someone who'd never done it before, and that it wouldn't feel like the person who wrote it.

He basically posits that having a wider vocabulary would enable him to think more complexly and make his thoughts more interesting, even to himself, which may not be true but is a common opinion among smart people. Case in point from Lufwig Wittgenstein: 'The limits of my language are the limits of my world'.

Honestly he's been treated poorly.

He's not stupid, he's low-tuned. Any simple, durable concept he was light years ahead of the other two. Any finery was disregarded or met with feigned disregard and later frustration. Mostly this was from exasperation. Ricky, being the pretentious chode he is, is a good antagonist for Karl, not his superior.

>Honestly he's been treated poorly.
I'm sure that it's mostly just them exaggerating themselves for the audience. Ricky and Steve were too good at helping Karl process his ideas for people who were just doing it for laughs. They probably spent time between shows discussing things like this to get Karl in the mindset to come up with these out there ideas.

One thing I admire about Karl is that he's really good at justifying things. Some of the excuses he comes up with for these weird scenarios make them sound completely believable. He really does try to put himself in people's shoes when he goes on these crazy rants about dishwashers on Mars or the little African fella eating his porridge.

His idea about fashion outlets providing clothes to homeless people was pretty good, so much so that even Ricky agreed.

>the episode where stephen and ricky try to make karl break the world record for eating burgers live on air

Pure radio kino.

That one where he said he'd bring a dictionary if he was stranded on a island to keep himself busy. Steve kinda saw what he meant be Ricky was being a shitter as always going 'who would you talk to with those words'

Keeping yourself mentally occupided is a good way of fending off going insane from isolation and being able to read new knowledge would be a good time killer.

>His Tom Cruise movie, while retarded, actually has a coherent and sophisticated theme, something which isn't acknowledged.
Honestly, I think his Tom Cruise movie is brilliant. he got a bit lost in the weeds with the plot synopsis, but it's a fantastic idea and it would be a lot of fun from a meta perspective. It's the Face Off 2 we'll never get to see.

This, so much this. It would be a tremendous boon for diagnostics, despite the unpleasant nature of the machine.

Karl was right about a lot of shit but I think you guys are forgetting the absolute bat-shit crazy stuff like the aging process dialogue. Even without the inane "The idea is worthless because you have no way to implement it" argument from Ricky and Stephen, what the fuck would reversing aging in the manner that Karl described accomplish?

They say that youth is wasted on the young. Being in peak fitness and health with decades of experience and knowledge would be pretty damn amazing.

Yea that part I agree with but then turning into a baby and eventually melting away into a zygote or whatever seems kind of....rough. And if you could reverse aging in such a manner, why wait until you're 80 and shitting yourself to do it instead of like, okay, I'm in my 50s, it's time to go back

Maximize your time spent alive.

He was right about kicking a duck up the arse if the world was about to end.

The timing was just so perfect after Steve's bar fight scenario.

Yea but there's a certain quality of life to be expected...and regardless of that philosophical argument, let's not forget that Karl's original suggestion was also that someone turns like 70 and instantly turns into a baby instead because it's less crushing for a baby to die than a grandma because the baby lived less.

Europeans used to think tomatoes were poisonous so he was right about that.

He was right about most things, if he had a posh accent and a wider vocabulalry he'd be held in regard comparable to elon musk

You telling me you've never wanted to kick a duck up the arse?

>If you made a perfect copy of yourself it might be difficult to be sure you're the original.
That was a good episode of Space Dandy.

>only wants it for the sole purpose of browsing a record store after hours so he doesn't have to deal with hoards of people

I wouldn't even call it pathetic or selfish, but I would say that it's somewhere between the two

You can't even be mad about him about it

It's sorta humble in a way.

It'd be easier to list the things he wasn't right about:

More like, was Ricky every right about anything? and the answer is no.

Why is his head like that.

It looks like an orange

It was Olie