How would you feel if someone you don't know continued a comic/cartoon that you made and that there is nothing you can...

How would you feel if someone you don't know continued a comic/cartoon that you made and that there is nothing you can do about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B50l484pDaMobXI2Wk5CX0NMbkU/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would pretend it didn't happen and focus on my next project

Honored that my work was so appreciated that the complany I created the character for (who according to the contract I signed during employment owns all my work done for said company and I am fully aware of when I sign up) continues to use him or her.

If I specifically made it for one of the Big Two I wouldn't care, since it's pretty well known that when they hire you you're making stories for THEM. At the end of the day I got my paycheck. Now, if it was something that I went in thinking I'd keep exclusive rights to, I'd probably sue.

Probably read it out of morbid fascination and hope they did my work justice.

Depends. If I was still working on it I'd be pissed, if I was not interested in working on it anymore I would be fine with it as long as I was given proper credit.

I'd have no problem with it if I was getting royalties or had made it as work for hire in the first place. I'd like it if it was the first case since it's money coming in while I can work on something else.

Cool, I'll check it out. Maybe give the new guy a call and see if he'd like to talk about our takes.

Cash my royalties paycheck and talk shit about the new show on social media

I think a better question would be whether or not that thing is considered 'canon' by people. There's a difference between spinoffs and reboots and sequels nobody asked for and those that people like.

If the person has the power to claim the ideas as their own and goes out of their way to retcon facets of the work that, regardless of the fans think are good or bad, completely go against what I envisioned. AND if it were considered a 'canon' change by most fans. I'd be pissed. Especially if they get that ability before the work ended and changed the plot and characters entirely.

However if it's actually good retcons or great ideas I couldn't come up with on my own, it'd actually be really interesting to see.

These are all very good answers. Good work, Sup Forums.

Yeah, wtf.

as long as they pay and its not awful itd be fine by me

This thread isn't about movies so you get some non-retards in here

I'd hope it would be as good as this:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B50l484pDaMobXI2Wk5CX0NMbkU/view

I don't care about fanfiction, even if it is paid fanfiction.

Depends on what the project was and who was continuing it.

If I felt it was a bastardization, sure it'd annoy me, and I wouldn't hide my feelings if asked.

If there was a contract, like with a Big Two company, I'd understand their procedure but I still don't see why that should stop me giving my honest opinion.

Cash my royalty check, never watch or read anything about it and when asked what I think say my name's Bennett and I ain't in it

lie to fans when they ask why i did X on the last issue/episode, when in reality i havent worked on the subject in 10 years. id probably create outlandish explanations that they would go tell their friends and people online about and no one would believe them. eventually id get a call from a lawyer telling me i need to stop telling people that our studio has a sex dungeon that we use when we get too stressed out, and that there is no gimp to be found anywhere on site of the stuido

I'm still mad she left, the cartoon hasn't been the same since.

Although as Avatar and Samurai Jack have recently taught us, too much creator control isn't necessarily a good thing either.

It would be a rather bittersweet thing to see someone take your creation and do even better with it than you did. Though if they turned it to shit, I'd just be pissed.

If it ended up being good, give him my blessing. If it doesn't, just leave it alone; if it becomes too popular to ignore, then just make a comment about how it is not canon but I am happy the fans are still enjoying the characters and universe I created through the writings of this anonymous individual.

If the person is a fan enough of my stuff that he/she makes their own thing from their love of it, then I could never shut them down completely. I'd probably give them the bantz at worst.

Frankly the increased focus on adventure stuff seems more true to her original vision than the slice of life stuff from the seasons she was there for. It's a shame--if she had stuck it out she probably would've gotten more freedom to do what she wanted.