"The female writers made Season 3 the best season"

thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet

Is it true? Did the female writers really up the quality of the show?

>episodes with female writers
Rickmancing the Stone (Jane Becker)
Pickle Rick (Jessica Gao)
Vindicators 3 (Sarah Carbiener & Erica Rosbe)

all four of them (except Jessica on the last few) served as story editors so they also had input on the other eps

No. Dan and them Harmon made this the worst season.

>Summer's Yaaas queen moment
>That space goddess becoming a badass "don't need no man" whore
>Some self insert making Rick BTFO out of nowhere
Those were all bad. Dan Harmon needs to be fired for thinking with his crotch.

>All of them except 3/4 of them
There was no dip in quality. Previous seasons had bad episodes too.

Just because they're female? They didn't do specifically anything different than the norm except add more summer and beth shit, and if you wanted that you weren't getting the series' basic plot of rick and morty doing adventures.

The quality only changed if you were waiting for 2 seasons for Summer and Beth to be bumped up to supporting mains and Jerry to be treated as some homophobic, sexist, racist asshole. Those were the only differences in the season's narrative.

The episodes where the female writers were credited are easily the weakest of the season. So, no. It did not improve the quality of the show.

I think if they had never tried to virtue signal about how great they are for hiring women and how women can do ANYTHING A MAN CAN DO, then nobody would have given a shit and this season would have been as well received as the other 2. The well was poisoned by this feminism garbage and has tainted everyone's view of it to where it's almost impossible to find anyone who thinks about it in a vacuum.

Also, surely it would have been a better showing of "women can do anything a man can do" if they didn't draw any attention to their gender, like, it's a novelty that women helped write it and not something women can just do by themselves but instead we have to make a big show about how these women are special for doing their jobs.

We really really need to murder Harmon and by proxy Morty and his dad.

Because Roiland is the only brains in the show. Harmon is a fat autistic leeching needy piece of shit just like Jerry.

We need Rick to meet the real Marty. We need Rick and Marty. Rick and Marty everyday every night every year every season.
Because Marty sounds infinitely cooler than Morty/Mortimer. Mortimer is the name of a mouse or a leech or a dead shrimp.

How shit does your taste have to be?

I mean, it's not even the women writers' fault, I blame Harmon, but it's still the worst season by a comfortable margin.

>thedailybeast
kill yourself

>it's not even the women writers' fault
it's both theirs and whoever decided to hire them because "muh sausage fest is sexist and we'll get good boy points if we fix that".

Women kept putting Summer and Beth at the forefront, writing way more obnoxious fucking jokes, "tackling" social issues, and pretty much just using the series as a vessel. Everyone who had a hand in bringing these women on are at fault, but it's also the women's fault because they wrote it themselves.

Did these feminist even care before this show got popular?

I mean it doesn't matter the gender of the writers but season 3 was easily worse than the prior seasons. This is because the show can't seem to figure out whether it wants to be a continuity-focused story or a random adventure of the week. Which some writers like, say, those who work on South Park or Star Vs. can pull it off just fine because they can mix continuity with random adventures fairly well. The writers of like, Steven Universe or Rick and Morty have proven that they can't pull it off that well.

I guess it sounds fun and lolrandom to completely trash the conclusion of season 2 in one episode or end the season with a fight against a character that, prior to the finale, had not been mentioned or used at all since the middle of season 2 and a reset to the status quo instead of building off the President Morty in the Council storyline, but it just comes across as amateur hour.

I'm getting really tired of this shitposting on both sides. Rick and Morty Season 3 was about the same as previous seasons, you can argue which is better but the quality wasn't drastically different or anything. The episodes written by women aren't even bad. Pickle Rick, despite all the intense shitposting around it, is a decent episode.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
WE
WUZ
KWEENZ

Well, no, you can argue that if you want but that doesn't make it true. The show worked best as a quirky adventure a week deal like season 1. Season 2 was more of the same but ended on a sour note that seemed as though it was going to move in a different direction. Season 3 started by throwing the season 2 finale out the window followed by wacky adventures (I don't even really know why people get mad at Pickle Rick DESU, I agree with you in that it's not even bad) with the Jerry divorce subplot running in the background like it might have been going somewhere, then they build up Evil Morty a bit only to dive into a plot where Rick and Morty fight the president because they're tired of doing things for him (Which was apparently happening off-screen all season? I don't know, they didn't even foreshadow it at all) and now Beth is a clone or not because whatever fuck you it doesn't matter but everything else has gone back to the status quo because whatever fuck you nothing matters.

Which can work if executed well, but I felt that it wasn't. It's not even some sort of fanboy attachment to the show or some misplaced anger causing me to criticize the show because my favorite character didn't develop the way I wanted to or whatever one may blame, it just fell flat for me.

>Best season

>Taking the "Nothing matters" theme of the show and using it to explain the joke

Sure. Great. Now every retard gets it and it's not funny anymore.

Season 3 wasn't really bad but it wasn't good either. I have issues with the way they took all the little behind-the-scenes shit and inserted it directly into the show ("dis *wasn't* time travel by the way, Reddit! xD").

Only noticeably horrible episode of the season was easily ABCs of Beth. It felt like a Rick and Morty episode if Rick and Morty actually was the obnoxious shit Sup Forums memes it as.

idk but there was a lot of rickxmorty fuel in that season.

what did the female writers mean by this

imo it was the worst season just because they pulled punches and didn't make it as good as it could have been. Female writers had nothing to do with it.

>was about the same as previous seasons

How?

It's funny how that movie failed so badly.

They didn't make it garbage, but they didn't make it the "best yet" either. Season 3 had a lot of flaws. Rickmancing was boring. The ABCs of Beth might be the worst episode of the series.

I don't hate Pickle Rick, the episode was decent overall, but it's a meme and a marketing tool through and through, which is great writing in one respect, and really shitty writing in another.

It came off like a season written by fans of the show instead of by the guys who made the show. Which is really what happened in actuality.

As someone who's hateboner for R&M is flaccid, I can very calmly tell you that Season 3 was easily the worst out of the three, so no. They didn't.

Pickle Rick created dumbest meme

Vindicators 3 is just the worst episode

Personally I think Season 3 is the weakest season because it's very uneven. It has some of the biggest highs show has, but also some of the lowest lows.

The most annoying meme of the season was created by a woman. Why am I not surprised

>Star Vs. can pull it off just fine

>unlikeable cunts force their way into production team
>all characters in show suddenly become unlikable cunts
>Jerry reduced to even more a pathetic beta than normal
>all of S3 Summer
>all the shit revolving around the divorce
You could really feel their daddy issues in the writing this season.

I guess all those critics were just angry white males, hurr durr.

>and Jerry to be treated as some homophobic, sexist, racist asshole
Where the hell did the idea of Jerry being a racist sexist even fucking come from? It's never been demonstrated in ANY previous episode!

>There was no dip in quality.
lol

Except Season 3 was arguably just as good as the last two (at least in regards to the things you're trying to tear it down over). Maybe stop trying to turn this show into a 1:1 reflection of internet politics turning every ant hill into a relative mountain.

Shit, you can't even bring up a single valid complaint without sounding like some beta Sup Forumstard upset that a female character was given any kind of agency or that a male character wasn't unconditionally tended to as an extension of your own shallowly projected self realization. No seriously, literally every complaint brought up in this thread is just bitching about how the genders were portrayed in the most transparently insecure manner possible. Here's an idea, maybe you shouldn't be identifying with Jerry and Morty? Maybe they aren't intended to be your own self inserted wish fulfillment? Maybe all the characters in this show are supposed to be awful human beings like Seinfeld or Always Sunny as per the nature of it's comedy?

Like any of you would have initially thought any different of the season had you not known female writers were now on board (which is partly their fault for virtue signalling that shit). As if it isn't plainly obvious from the shallowness and vagueness of the complaints regarding this season that you're aping the most bare bones attempt at legitimate critical discourse to avoid admitting the real reason you don't like it which is: People you don't like, like the same show you do.

I know, it's awful isn't it?! Those filthy tumblrites and brony-tier fanboys lauding the hell out of this show! How dare they?! Don't they know that this was your show?! Don't they know that the pessimistic tone of comedy in this show was made for disenfranchised millennial betas like yourself?! Well there goes the neighborhood huh? Thankfully bitching about imagined slights and representation will let everyone know you're not one of them at least.

Echidnasplaining much?

>One of these threads again

These would stop happening if Dan wasn't so far up his own ass

If it wasn't Dan's fault it would be the female writer's fault.
If it wasn't the female writer's fault it would be the "nu-fans" fault.

It's just a constantly moving goal post for this imagined drop in quality.

I just don't understand why it even matters. What matters is the actual quality of the writer, not what they have down there

Not what my post was about. I'm tired of these male v. female threads whenever R&M is discussed.

The author from that blog is stupid and so are the shitheads who say female writers fucked up season 3. R&M has stayed the same since season 2.

I didn't know Jerry was so racist and sexist in season 2.

I can't look at Season 3 objectively because of all the meme culture surrounding it.

I don't think the writers are shit because they're female I think that they're shit because they were hired because "lol vagina"

>If it wasn't Dan's fault it would be the female writer's fault.

Isn't Dan a writer? Can't it be both?

That "sexist, racist, homophobic" quote actually pissed me off. At first, I thought it was a good burn but while re-watching the episodes I realized that it was just annoying SJW garbage.

They had a anti-sexism rant in season 1. Liberal politics have always been in R&M. Remember when Summer confronted the Gazorpazorp women? Or when Rick and Summer got buff and beat up extremist conservatives?

Why didn't you like Vidicators 3? That was really one of the only episodes I liked during that season.

That has fuckall to do with Jerry being sexist.

Season 3 was the worst season that It possibly couldve been. I dropped it at episode 1, and had to watch clips because of friends. It just stopped being funny to me and dialed up the edgy nihilism to 1000.

I don't think you can blame that on female writers, but either way. Shit went downhill FAST

He wasn't for most of season 3 either. He was called out of the blue for something the show has never shown him doing.

Season 3 has probably my favorite episode ("Morty's Mind Blowers"). I'll take that over Interdimensional Cable any day.

This, I literally didn't get where that stuff was coming from

Wasn't it about men being able to also do fashion or something like that? That in of itself is better then most of the trash we got in season 3

MMBs was actually kinda weak, but it did have a decent finish.

What's up with these dumbasses pushing the agenda that women make everything "better" just for being women?
What a bunch of insecure vaginas.

I still remember when I first discovered the ghostbusters reboot from seeing pic related. I didn't think "this is gonna be bad because women" I thought "This reboot is about to be as soulless as that girl's body in the background."

The writing was shit and the writers are shit but the writers aren't shit because they have vaginas. They're just shit because they wrote shit. If anybody is shit due to the fact that the shitty writers have vaginas its the shitheads that hired them just because they have vaginas instead of hiring them for their ability to not write shit.

No, good writers make the quality of the show.

Also, FYI, most writers are female. So it makes sense that most good and talented writers are also female.

Why is this news?

But it can. Star has flaws, sure, but the writers do a pretty decent job of keeping continuity in mind even while writing episodes that seem to be inconsequential or pointless. There's Skulnick who is turned into a troll for a seeming throwaway gag but ends up having episodes where she comes to terms with being a troll, there's Ludo's entire story, the Blood Moon Ball now possibly affecting Marco in odd ways, Mina being more than a crazy dumpster girl...

Say what you want about the quality of the show, but when you compare it to Rick and Morty season 3 or Steven Universe, the underlying story structure is more competently put together than either of those. And this is coming from someone who enjoys all three shows.

Ha, Season 3 was stellar and S3E1 was glorious. Thanks for dropping the show.

>most writers are female.
What? [citation needed]

>Pickle Rick
Most kino episode was written by a woman, what a surprise

Season 2 was trash. Season 3 was worse.

The show became too self aware of its own popularity.

>Vindicators 3 is just the worst episode
It was one of the best of season 3

Jessica Gao is my man... I mean woman.

>There's Skulnick who is turned into a troll for a seeming throwaway gag but ends up having episodes where she comes to terms with being a troll
thats called running out of ideas or padding out the season by focusing on a former gag or something that wasn't treated as important prior and the other characters didnt care

>there's Ludo's entire story
that's a main arc it's going to be focused on and have more details

yes Star has better continuity than Rick and Steven, but that's an incredibly low bar and doesn't mean star pulls it off fine by comparison

As one user put it eloquently, people don't write with their dicks or vaginas; they write with their assholes.

>hehe xd guy flying into grinder for 2 minutes
Yeah hilarious