Why are Batman animated movies much better than live action movies?

Why are Batman animated movies much better than live action movies?

The only Batman live action movies I actually enjoyed is the first one from Tim Burton and Batman Returns. Batman Forever was ok but not great, Batman&Robin was a huge joke (even when I was a teenager I found it awful) and the later Batman movies tried too hard to be "serious" and "realistic".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TDK trilogy is far better than any animated movie so far even though the return of the joker and mask of the phantasm and under the red hood were all animation kino

What really make me wonder is why spiderman never got this kinds of animation.

All of DC’s animated movies are better than their live action movies except for the new ones.

Maybe Batman sells better than Superman, dunno. Which explains why Batman has more animated series than Superman.

You already said it. It's because
>muh realism
>muh kino
removes all the crazy fantastic shit and all you're left with is a bunch of gangster with some paint slapped on.

But Batman and Harley Quinn is awesome and Batman Ninja while it sounds stupid as an idea looks so impressive. When Marvel tried to japanize their heroes, they failed miserably.

That's not why.
Batman has more cartoons because Batman is more toyetic. You do a Superman cartoon, you sell toys of him and his villians.
You do a Batman cartoon, you can do his cave, his car, his plane, his sub, his belt, every gadget in the belt, his sidekicks, his computers, his mask and cape...

who are you? and what film did you watch? TDK trilogy are the best films based on comics

Batman and Harley Quinn is shit man

Nolan's movies are painful to watch. I don't understand how anyone could enjoy that trash.
Fuck off.

>Why are Batman animated movies much better than live action movies?
>Batman and Harley Quinn is awesome
you can't be serious. out of all animated batman movies this is the one you chose to use as an example of something that's "good" and "better than the movies"??

>Why are DC animated movies much better than live action movies?

FTFY

Fuck, Batman is the only one who has gotten decent live action movies semi-recently (Fuck off, Batman Begins and TDK were good), meanwhile there's a single good Superman movie from almost 40 fucking years ago and about 3 good animated superman movies, more if you count the Justice League ones as being "Superman" movies.

>Hating based Supaidaman

Maybe because nobody cares about Superman anymore except from old people.

Then why do they keep making movies about him?

Are you suggesting that they're making them bad on purpose?

Because you're a butthurt MCUck that can't deal with the fact that TDK alone got 2 oscars while 20+ shitty quippy marvel movies can't get one.

>Then why do they keep making movies about him?
Why Hollywood makes reboots/sequels nobody asks for? Or shitty ideas nobody asks for like Emoji Movie?

The Last Samurai also got oscars and it was crap. Your point? Nobody gives a shit about Oscars anymore, they 're biased as hell.

Batman > Batman Returns > Adam West Batman Movie > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > Batman Forever > Batman & Robin > The Dark Knight Rises

>m-muh company wars
Ah, Sup Forumsshitter shows its true colors.
Go kill yourself, retard.

LEGO Batman > All

What the fuck is MCUck? Marvel cuck I assume?

LEGO Batman is animated movie.

One of dozens Sup Forumstard buzzwords made to shit up this board.

Lmao cry some more MCUck.

What about rotten tomatoes?

>HURR DURR XD
Fuck off back to your shithole of a board already.

Not while you Marlel shits don't leave our board, you just called TDK a bad movie, take your shitty baits with you and go back to tumblr.

Thi is a proof why Sup Forumstards like you should be fucking murdered. Fuck off with your retarded posts already.

Proof that critics are retards with low standards?

>Audience score is literally the exact same

You're not too bright, are ya?

>retarded
t contrarian fag who called tdk shitty

>Why are Batman animated movies much better than live action movies?
Not lately, that's for sure.

>Nobody gives a shit about Oscars anymore, they 're biased as hell.

Now, I'm not going to dispute the fact that most people don't give a shit about the Oscars, that's just a demonstrable fact.

But what the fuck do you mean that the Oscars are "Biased"?
What do you even think the Oscars are?

>Batman and harley quinn was awesome
Yes I too like Harley Braaps, fucking awful pointless Nightwing Harley shit and shitty rehashed stories based off far superior BTAS episode. Go get fucked, retard.

Comic translate better to animation than live action period.

>audience score
Oh wow, look at this moron. He actually puts any faith in audience scores. Holy shit, Nolanfags are the most retarded pieces of shit I have ever seen.
>m-muh contrarian
Your shit flick is still awful. Go chimp out with your retarded consolefaggotry on your shithole.

>"Critics are biased elitists who don't know what the PEOPLE want"
>"The people are idiotic sheep who gobble up any old slop you put in front of them"

Can't have it both ways bucko.

>putting words in my mouth
Yep, you're definitely a retard.

Directors don't get that Batman isn't meant to be realistic. Gotham is an anachronic city set in an imaginated world.
Thats why Burton's movies and BTAS were so good.

TDK is good or at least the best superhero movie by any measurable way, deal with it.

Batman Returns was bad though.

It's absolute trash like all of live-action garbage you retards bring in here. Just because it's far up its own ass sniffing its own farts doesn't make it good.

Saw it when i was young. I remember that i loved it. Especially the penguin becoming mayor.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

That's the thing. Nolan's movies are trying to have this dark tone with long-winded pseudo-philosophical dialogues while remaining as deep and campy as Raimi's movies except with Raimi it's intentional and charming.

I thought Nolanfags stopped existing after 2013 or at least fucked off to Reddit by that point.

Why you just replied me 2 times? Fuck off sicko.

I replied to the wrong poster, which was this guy But is still wrong. It's demonstrable time and time again how mostly plebs and "NOT MUH" shitters hate Batman Returns and it's otherwise regarded as one of the better Batman movies

Batman Begins is decent because it retains a slight bit of the Burton atmosphere, but has a boring lackluster villain.
The Dark Knight is a fun popcorn movie with an entertaining Joker but it's not really a good BATMAN Batman movie.
The Dark Knight Rises is a total fucking mess, even ignoring the memes. The script was clearly rushed, and the IMAX shit turned every action scene into a disaster. TDKR is Nolan at his absolute worst.

even suicide squad got an oscar where's marvel's oscar?

Live action movies have massive budgets, and thus have to appeal to mass audiences and get all kinds of stupid and greedy producers sticking their fingers in the pie

Animated movies are niche products created by relatively small teams

>it's another "Sup Forums cancer" thread

>but has a boring lackluster villain.

To be fair the movie isn't really ABOUT the villain, which is why he's absent for almost the entire movie.

>Live action movies have massive budgets, and thus have to appeal to mass audiences and get all kinds of stupid and greedy producers sticking their fingers in the pie
That didn't stopped the first two movies from having a more "cartoonish" feeling.

>the greatest depiction of Gotham and the only good depiction of Catwoman
>bad
Oh nevermind, we all know why Batman Returns was slammed critically at first

So? That style was still appealing at the time. And Hollywood wasn't quite as horrendous as it is today.

I feel so bad for Ben. But soon be will be free from this if the whole recasting rumours are true

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these:

Sup Forums was right again.

But they're not. Not the recent ones anyway.

Don't get me wrong, they're great action movies, but they have their issues.

Even The Dark Knight which is pretty much unanimously considered to be the best in the series had its failings. Such as giving the Joker Keikaku powers, and the ending contradicting itself narratively, by basing the whole thing with the ships off of The Killing Joke, and the Joker's desire to prove that anyone can be broken, and that he truly isn't wrong in how he sees the world. But then, right after it is "proven" that he's wrong, we jump to Harvey Dent, and show that it wasn't proven, what's more, the Joker knows this, so as far as the characters and their understanding of the world around them goes, the whole two ships thing was pointless.

this article is the definition of grasping at straws

Ever notice that Nolanfags never put any argument when it comes to people having issues with The Dark Knight
They just regurgitate RT/Imdb scores and post video essays on how "deep" it is.

I have more respect for Snyderfags than I do for Nolanfags because they at least debate the merits of their shitty flicks and put up arguments. At least they try.

Holy shit fuck off Sup Forums, you fucking retards are cancer. Want to debate about a movie?Do it on the board made for it

That's mostly because Tim Burton likes cartoons. He was a fan of the Adam West show. And it was a different time for the film industry.
The first Batman was Tim Burton's first major motion picture and the movie had far more budget than it knew what to do with. It had a shitload of rewrites specifically because it had too many cooks in the kitchen.
Batman Returns was much more cartoony and moody because it was the opposite, this time Burton and Waters had full creative control and wanted to play with the budget to make a Batman movie the way they felt like doing it, with little regard for executive demands or fan demands.
That's why the movies were like that.

>debate the merits
You didn't gave us any reason to believe that TDK is a bad movie

Am a a bad person if i say that Gordon focused animated flick was better than first Nolan film by far?
Id even say animation was good enough for cinematic release.

It wasn't a "Gordon focused flick" it was an adaptation of Year One

Ironically, they couldn't get a toyline made for Beware the Batman beyond a collectors figure and an Unlimited variant.

You can't even blame the obscure villains for that, since The Lego Batman Movie was filled to the brim with obscure villains (even Magpie), and that sold like hotcakes.

Good Live-Action Batman Movies
>Batman The Movie
>Batman
>Batman Returns
>Batman Begins
>The Dark Knight

Good Animated Batman Movies
>Mask of the Phantasm
>Under the Red Hood
>LEGO Batman Movie
>Return of the Joker

Not counting team ups (Justice Leage: The New Frontier) or multi-part episodes (World's Finest), there are more good live-action films than there are good animated films.

And no live-action Batman movie is as bad as Batman and Harley Quinn.

>Batman and Harley Quinn is awesome
You have to be 18 to post here.

>I don't understand how anyone could enjoy that trash.
You don't have to think they're the best thing ever, but The Dark Knight, at the very least, is an objectively good film.

>DCucks have fallen so hard that the only thing they can grasp to is The Dark Knight, a film which came out a decade ago

Year One is good too and well...DKR is a good adaptation in comic sense but its 90s schlock.

How bad you guys reckon will that Samurai thing be?

>Batman Begins > The Dark Knight
I can even abide everything else you said but Dark Knight outranks Batman Begins just by virtue of having ditched that fuckawful cinematography.
And that's ignoring the better performances, action, story, and character development, and subtext.

Nolanverse Batman Trilogy was great

>t. brainlet who doesn't understand moving pictures

It was entertaining, it was much better animated than a Killing Joke, it had momentum and pacing, and some jokes were funny. It was a movie about Harley, so Harley was a star there, deal with it.
Also, moment about JL reinforcements was 10/10.

I think the new anime will be pretty good,they hired a really competent team

kill yourself user

>How bad you guys reckon will that Samurai thing be?
Doesn't matter, it looks really cool.
I feel like it's the kinda thing that's just a win-win; if it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's some supremely weird and imaginative trash, and that already elevates it above shit like Batman and Harley Quinn.

Also
>JYOOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAA

Joker was right about Dent, but wrong about the people. The problem is that the people believed in Dent and that was a big part of their motivation, despite him having actually fallen. That was the whole point of the cover up: Gotham was ready to believe in good, despite the Joker's influence, which is why Batman had to preserve the ideal of the White Knight.

I don't care for the first movie or Phantasm. as I'm a hard believer that Joker should have no history

both films tried to tie Joker into bats past and it felt incredibly forced both times. I just hate small world story contrivances that pretend every important character crossed paths a dozen times before

There is literally nothing wrong in this scene, also TDKR head charismatic villain, good trials for the hero etc, it was a solid conclusion for the trilogy and explored well the story of the prevous 2

>It was entertaining
Subjective. I was bored out of my skull because nothing fucking happened until the climax.

>Much better animated than Killing Joke
Killing Joke was stiff, but at least they were on-model. B&HQ features some of the worst butchering of the TAS style I've ever seen.

>It had momentum and pacing
No it didn't, it dragged like a motherfucker so they could give Big Bang Theory Harley more le funny jokes and sequences.

>It was a movie about Harley
No, it was a rehash of Harlequinade, which is better in every way, shape, and form.

>JL reinforcements was 10/10
That shit only made me angrier because the whole time they're bitching and moaning about how this could be the end of the world and how they need to track Ivy down right fucking now, yet scoff when a fucking time traveler and master detective offer to help out.
It was literally nothing more than a series of pointless namedrops so bugmen could clap and justify their collection of FunkoPops without having actually read a single comic.

I can appreciate trash, but Batman and Harley Quinn transcends being so bad it's good; it's so bad it's horrible.

That's not how it works thought.
Dent should be "one of the people". That is the entire point of the argument, whether you side with Joker or not.

To be fair, Phantasm didn't really need Joker. But it had him, and he was arguably at his best there.

As for the Burton one, I'm not so hot on that either, but I appreciate how good it makes that climax feel.
>Excuse me, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
>...
>*FUCKING SLAM*

The last samurai is fucking great

And yet will continue to be remembered and acclaimed while every samey assembly line MCU movie is forgotten a month after it comes out

>Infinity War teaser was literally just people reminiscing about and reacting to MCU movies
It's okay to not like them, but you don't have to pretend that nobody cares about these Marvel movies.

They're not high art, but saying they're not memorable or relevant in any way is just stupid. You don't get to 22 fucking movies without doing SOMETHING right. They're not high art, but they're at least competantly-made, which is more than I can say about every DCEU movie aside from Wonder Woman.

People remember Avengers, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, GotG, Civil War

Nobody gives a shit about Avengers 2, Iron Man 2 or 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange. People don't even care about GotG2 anymore and that came out this year.

They are not memorable in any way,there is more references about superman 1 after decades than the entire MCU combined

Land before time got 14 movies, the howling 8

There is a lot of awful but huge franchises.

>Batman movies tried too hard to be "serious" and "realistic".
>Batman training to be a ninja in fucking Tibet
>drives a tank and a motorcycle that can turn its wheels
>flies a jet
>hacks into everyone's phones and using their signals as sonar
>fights other ninjas/terrorist
very realistic, mate.

This is the objective Batman movies tier, live action or animated:

1 - Mask of the phantasm
2 - The dark Knight
3 - Under the red hood
4 - Return of the joker
5 - Lego Batman