What the fuck is this guy’s problem?

What the fuck is this guy’s problem?

He is an art lover with an interest in social issues.

Literally nothing.

>Half-A-Chad instead of Hanging Chad

Missed opportunity, Way.

I do like that he is at first look charming with his eccentricity and weirdness but beneath there is a manipulative egoist. That's how he is able to recruit people to his gruops but at any danger he lets them fall. He is basically a charismatic cult leader.

someone do a virgin nobody + half a chad or something meme

Except ain’t no one believes that Mr. Nobody is a virgin, whether he’s two-dimensional or not.

Way has been hanging around right?

If he’s here, I want him to know that I love his Doom Patrol, and think it’s one of DC’s best monthlies, whether it comes out monthly or not.

Me too user. I like what he is doing with the book.

He's a dadaist, which is objectively one of the most shit visual arts movements.

Well, he is certainly aware of shipping, but that's not strictly a Sup Forums thing of course

Wait someone brought him back? Which run? I've only read Silver Age and Morrison DP.

He is back since Giffen run.

He was in Giffen's run as Mr. Somebody.
These pages are from the current run by Gerard Way, and is a direct sequel to Morrison and Giffen

Cliff and Jane need to hold hands.

They did.

He is the ultimate shitposter.

I am happy he is ignoring Johns Jusie League although I woud love to see Element Woman again.

Not even kidding, these two are one of my favorite couples in the DCU, even if they continue to deny their feelings towards one another.

I have been wanting a Doom Patrol thread to celebrate the return of Mr. Nobody.

50% Chad.
I swear Sup Forums did some sort of meme magic and this is what happened.

So do you think they'll end up in Milk Wars, or will they show up after it?

I think Mr. Nobody is planning on ruining The Disappointment's day and taking over his retcon company.

For fucks sake

I hope they don't because I wanted to write an arc of Action Comics where Superman faces Mr. Nobody for the first time.

It'd be a sanitized, produced for the masses Superman if they met in Milk Wars since I think that's part of the theme.
Some group forcing capes to all fit some kind of mould so they can tell the same stories over and over again forever.

Which sounds like something Nobody can pull off.

I think Nobody just wants to blow up the metaverse of DC after Flashpoint fucked up his plans.

I hope this leads to Nodoby facing Manhattan. Also, what were his plans?

Way definitely browses /co once in a while.

This is character introduction at it's finest

I never got to read Giffen's run of Doom Patrol, but from what I gather Mr. Nobody became Mr. Somebody and had the power to posses people. He used his Men from Nowhere to attack the Doom Patrol and ruin their publicity so he could impose a super police force on heroes.

Or something like that.

I actually would like to read Giffen's run at some point.

It was available to read on readcomics I think until almost a year ago. Don't know what happened that isn't in the catalog anymore. I got to read the Blackest Night tie ins and the issue focused on Larry and it was good.

bump

Looks like it still is.

I wonder if Cucka will ever recognize this happened?

What?

The current run already acknowledge that it happened. It didn't spell it out, but the team got scatted and messed up by the universe getting blown up and put back together again.

He's referring to if Greg Rucka, aka "Cucka" will ever acknowledge that Veronica Cale was involved in this Doom Patrol run because Cale is one of his OC's and was in both of his Wonder Woman runs.
This guy also doesn't seem to realize that Rucka already finished his run.

Rucka's run is over?

He finished at issue #25, and the book is on #35 now. Shea Fontana took over for a short mediocre arc, and now James Robinson is doing an even worse job than both of them by doing a Johns plot (WHO IS DIANA'S BROTHER?). Grail (Darkseid's daughter) has a bigger starring role than Diana for the last few issues.
I wish it was better, but WW hasn't really been good in a while.

>We'll never get Mr. Nobody in an episode of The Brave and the Bold

>They did.
Nah, Jane's still in a mental hospital somewhere, that was just a transient hallucination she had in between escaping her last hospital and getting committed somewhere else.

He’s obsessed with being special/odd. When the US government turns him back to normal during his presidential campaign, he’s so wretched and pitiable that the DP help him become Nobody again

If anyone's curious as to where that Brick appeared from...
They reunited in the Giffen run for a little bit, but Giffen did keep them apart for a while.

Also danny got to second base

>Get in loser, we're going nowhere.

I fucking love Larry.

Yeah, apologies for dumping pages from several issues out of order.
Danny the Brick became Danny the Bungalow and then Ambush Bug moved in

When are they gonna bring back Rita? Caulder already mentioned her.

Hector’s probably a Satanist

>a feature that subsists on the pain and misery of her pulped victims
>and three quirky weirdos

Wtf

Gilen run has the best costumes, specially for Larry and Rita.
I hope never, and if she ever return, I hope she is married and happy. She brought some normalcy to the team in Giffen's run. I hated how John turned her into a freak show, which she already is.

Maybe we need these guys again

Just like the original Brotherhood. Number None was the materialization of all bad luck and the rest of the team were a bunch of weirdos.

Who Evans even supposed to be based off of. He felt like a blatant caricature of some bloke, but I don’t know who.

The Toy also appeared in Giffen's stuff, but did nothing and was killed off two pages after this

Why did he killed her?
Wasn't he the wealthy man who helped the Doom Patrol? What was his name?

I shouldn't have omitted a page. He killed her to separate himself entirely from the last Brotherhood, and then become Somebody.

Nobody did say they had nothing in common.

I'm reading through this run now and I've just gotten to this part.

Giffen's run feels like it's suffering a little due to Blackest Night tying into it so early. The black hole man feels like he's being snubbed because of all the Black Lanterns.

hated this
felt like a "LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE" thing that served no purpose, like a lot of dc at the time.

This was the same year Flashpoint and New 52 happened so you are not wrong. I mean, Giffen's run started well and tried to bring something from all previous runs, hell even Ambush Bug was there.

This isn't 2001, so no one would get that reference.

Yeah, I guess the sentient black hole got dropped entirely or was dealt with in some other comic that was part of Blackest Night.

Since as of issue 9, it feels like they dropped him entirely.
Or maybe not. It's a 22 issue run. Guess I'll keep going tomorrow.

I think I remember Rita saying that she gave herself a boob job during that run too.

That feels out of character for Mr. Nobody, but then again he's Mr. Somebody here.

He's killed people before, but that was by way of turning them into toilets with potted plants in them or making a man see his own face who was cursed to pop out of existence if he did so.

And even the ways he went about picking off the Doom Patrol while inside the painting were never so... tactless?
Is being somebody to inject realism into a medium that is designed for escapism and telling stories that have no way to exist in reality?

Thoughts entirely too deep for this and only brought about by the wee hour morning tiredness my brain is experiencing.

Am I the only one how ruggedy looking Tom Flower's inks make Derrington's crisp-clear line art?

giv breeze gf

Rataplan

Bump

I did one with Robotman a while back if that's okay too.

Glorious!

He is hungry.

He is a ex-nazi that found a taste for the absurd.

No, no, he hid with Nazis in south America while hiding from The Brain and the Brotherhood of Evil after he failed them.

Then one of the scientists experimented on him, he became Mr. Nobody, and then he killed them all.

Maybe Gifen really undersood the character and was trying to do something different.

I'll get back to you on that after I finish the Giffen run.

My favorite part of that arc was when the Brotherhood and DP were staring at each other from different ends of the street and trying to figure out how to start a battle.

You think he lso saw the dragon in the mirror while he was isolated?

He didn't have a mirror in the isolation room, it was just all blank white walls and then a black dot appeared and he went mad.

50% awesome!

>Jamie Hewlett drew Doom Patrol
>Gerard Way wrote Doom Patrol
>Both collaborated with Grant Morrison one time or other

Gorrillaz/Fabolous Killjoys/Doom Patrol crossover FUCKING WHEN

If we got a good screenwriter and director, what would Mr. Nobody look like in a live action Doom Patrol?

Is she Mr.Nobody'a daughter?

Flat.Like a 2D draw in 3D.

Aside from Mr. Nobody and Pyg, I can't think of any other Morrison OCs that have been consistently well written. I also like how, even though Nobody is probably the closest that the Doom Patrol have to a nemesis, he doesn't really think about them.

What about the Brotherhood of Evil?

The interesting thing about Mr. Nobody to me is that he's malicious but not necessarily evil like other comic book villains. He just wants to shake things up by doing weird shit, like trapping Paris in a magic painting.

I wonder how other heroes like Superman or Batman would deal with him?

Like one of those CGI made to look 2D things. He should look out of place.

I'm still reading through Giffen's run, just got past the past where he murdered The Toy.

Mr. Somebody is obsessed with how people perceive the world. He wants to re-write backstories and manipulate the press so he can make any super look like a "bad guy".
Seems he's trying to sell corporate superheroes and is capitalize on there not being a current distinction between heroes and villains after the Blackest Night event.

If Mr. Nobody remembers this in Way's run, then I think he might actually be involved with the retcon organization The Disappointment is running.
Only Mr. Somebody was doing it from within the story, whereas this retcon organization in Way's run looks to be operating on a cosmic level.

Clearly, since issue 1.

He was infected with capitalism. That would've been out of character for Mr. Nobody, but it was perfectly in character for Mr. Somebody. And Somebodies do anything they need to in order to get what they want.

A animated black mass with human eyes and missing-floating body parts.

I'm still working my way through.

Seems he arrived at the conclusion that by being non-conformist he was conforming to a standard applicable to the super community and then decided the best way to be in non-compliance with that was to conform to his business venture.

But he needed somebodies to do it since nobody every changes they world, only somebodies.

I guess that makes sense given the type of crazy he is.

That... makes a lot of sense.