Why even bother with a non-superhero love interest if they're just going to sweep them under the rug...

Why even bother with a non-superhero love interest if they're just going to sweep them under the rug? Are these people really incapable of writing scripts that don't involve a girlfriend character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j6DkbpiZQKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah that was fucking terrible, they seem to ignore every romance on their "crossovers" movies

romance in action/adventure movies is only a marketing ploy to draw in more females, you dummies

>Are these people really incapable of writing scripts that don't involve a girlfriend character?

Oh, they are capable. But romance subplot is what draws in the female audience because a whole movie of men being men isn't going to bring women to buy tickets.

You've never talked to a woman have you?

>people cant have lives outside of their romances

Seems to me like they're incapable of writing scripts WITH a girlfriend character

Actually it was kind of refreshing in Dr Strange, they were just friends by the end. Thor however was just a waste of time because Portman is bland and thinks shes too good for capeshit

nigga they love men being men just look at tumblr, they slobber all over guys in these moviwe
romance is just one of these shitty subplots forced into tons of movies in general for no particular reason

And yet pic related and shirtless scenes are a far more effective marketing tactic to hook in the female audience than shoehorned love B-plots.

What's the one in the top right?
Also, do the older Hulk movies even count anymore?

agent carter from winter soldier

Oh my god i hated portman in thor so much and why would thor go with her with big boobs girl is right there

>What's the one in the top right?
Agent Peggy's niece from Civil War + Winter Soldier.

>Also, do the older Hulk movies even count anymore?
There was only officially one since the other was not part of MCU, and it's still part of the canon (They mention destruction of Harlem in Avengers) but aside from Ross, no other character makes a return.

Because Kat Dennings has a busted face and obnoxious voice? Or maybe because the character she played was so awful?

But look at them

>Disney won't make any Hulk movies because Universal would get distribution rights, therefore limiting use of Hulk side characters when Hulk himself barely shows up
>Carter isn't swept under the rug at all, she literally just had her first kiss with Cap in his last movie
>we have no idea if Rachel will show up again, but she probably will
>Portman literally didn't want to come back to the Thor franchise
These things are all easily explained.

This. Darcy was such a shit fucking character. All the tits in the world wouldn't change that.

buff shirtless dudes bring in the sluts, soppy stuff brings in the nonsluts, gotta cover all the bases

Cap and Strange's waifus are actually useful.

One saved Strange's life, tried to help save The Ancient One's and helped steer Strange in the right direction throughout the whole movie.

The other aided in Cap's takeover of SHIELD and also tried to keep him safe. She goes on to supply Cap and his team's gear from Watson's vaults.

I mean, I get your point about the other ones, but as far as capeshit romances go those two ain't too bad.

I've seen boobs before. Natalie Portman is just objectively better looking overall despite being smaller. But neither of them should have been in the movies in the first place.

You can argue Elizabeth was crucial to Hulk's movie, too. But she isn't a superhero so she's going to get in the way of every crossover movie, which eventually is going to be all of what MCU is. Unless you're part of the team or have powers (Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Pepper Potts is getting there) you'll essentially be getting the boot in Marvel movies if you're a girl.

Agent Carter might stick around though for brief scenes.

liv tyler forever faggots

Silly user all of them are sluts at heart.

Also, Strange becoming just friends with the nurse at the end could be seen as symbolism of him completely abandoing his old life behind to enter the realm of the sorcerers.

She was, after all, the sole remnant of his old life after he refused to cure his hands with magic. He'll probably find an ultra-dimensional waifu down the line.

>He'll probably find an ultra-dimensional waifu down the line.
We can hope, user. We can hope.

yeah, but most of them don't want to admit it

And watch as she looks nothing like the picture you posted, even though white hair and a purple leotard is in no way asking a lot.

Who calls Betsy Ross "Elizabeth"? It's not wrong it's just...a weird choice.

she's not wrong

youtu.be/j6DkbpiZQKU

It was because I honestly forgot her name, I only remembered she was Ross' daughter, so when I googled that up, first name that came up was Elizabeth.

They'll probably combine her character with Rachel McAdams's character

More like the marketing teams think that it brings the female demographic. Instead it just boggles down the movie. Hulk is the only one where it's justified, but the beauty and the beast dynamic is beaten to death.

Which actually ruins the movie for girls like me, I want to see a romance between Cap and Bucky, I hate Peggy and Sharon with a passion, they are really poorly written, dull creatures.

I'm not a slut, I just love looking at beautiful men.

Sharon Carter didn't do anything that Falcon or someone couldn't have done, they could have worked around this easily, and they even gave her one of Cap's best speeches just to make her more "badass". Total failure.

Why do we need a gay Cap for?

small romance plot is fine. The problem starts when they make the female character important to the main plot, usually by having her be a scientist, even if we all know the plot will be solved when mc punches the baddie. Just have her be a minor character, girlfriends don't need to be important in the plot

I would much rather there be no romances than any romances
These aren't fucking Hallmark movies

I don't think so.

Clea's most recognizable feature is her white hair and god knows nigs don't look good on that. They'll just BLACK the Hellstrom siblings.

Maybe, but she could've shown it in the big screen rather than in some whiny rants.

>Sharon Carter didn't do anything that Falcon or someone couldn't have done
Falcon was literally detained alongside Captain America and Sharon was their only operative inside SHIELD they could trust 100%.

You can't really do that when you cast a "big name" for the girlfriend role and the contract demands to have certain amount of screentime.

It kind of seemed like they were writing her out at the end. Like, Strange isn't really going to go back to that life, what with that final shot of him alone in front of the Sanctum window, and how he never went back to her after the battle. Which is actually kind of silly, seeing as I don't remember him vowing any oath of celibacy or anything, and they now live in the same city again, unlike Thor and Jane, but maybe he just thinks she deserves a more normal life. Good luck getting that in Marvel New York.

That's accurate to comics though, even sudden team only romance.

Strange did want to be with her again but was straight up rejected, so he had no choice.

Sharon hasn't been sweeped under the rug yet. I am sure she will be soon enough though.

The problem is none of the GF of those superheroes play a predominate role as a significant other in comics today. The closest was Betty but she hasn't been with the hulk for quite some time.

Rachael mcnightnurse wasn't really a girlfriend though just another facet of Strange's journey to get over himself

She didn't want to be with him at the end tho.

Betty was top tier waifu and Liv tyler said she would come back if they asked her. But Whedon wanted to do the Widow/Bruce romance that no one wanted and I guess

Sharon is barely a romance and more like a girl Cap liked and then decided to kiss in Civil War. Supposedly she was going to be the female lead for Winter Soldier but ScarJo got that part.

Going by the animatics, the merchandise, and the storyboard, she originally was going to be in Civil War (she's even present in the airport battle in the storyboard) but I guess with Spidey and all of that shit they cut her time short. Then I guess EVC went to do other things. But Sharon wasn't good or bad, she was just there and Stucky shippers got retarded about her.

I have no opinion on the Doctor Strange Nurse, Clea when?

Jane was a big waste of time, they should have concentrated on Sif or gotten someone that wasn't Portman.

Not really, Sam didn't know where Bucky was located when he was hiding in that one building and she told Steve to go there so he would get to Bucky before the police got to him and killed him, Sam couldn't get Steve their confiscated weapons, he didn't know where Bucky was being held when Zemo made him crazy, or didn't know what the CIA was up to.

?
White is the only nontraditional color that works for niggers. Halle Barry as Ororo was fucking great. Greyish white is acceptable too

EVC is doing a show so it's most likely that she wasn't getting a good role and she decided to do something that would benefit her.

Yes she is.

Romance is what ties the heroes to a relatable daily normal life. And not getting the girl is the tragic aspect of it.

Most heroes can't have romances because they're not ready. They didn't overcome their own demons:

Cap is not over his life in the past, and pretty much acts like a ghost in modern day as if he had died in 1945. He became a workaholic as an excuse to not meeting up new people.
"Too shy or too scared?"
"Too busy."

Thor is always flying around and has no means of contacting Jane at all. Long distance relationships are a real burden in modern society. It also reminds Thor that he's on a much larger scale than Jane and they shoudl'nt be together, despite wanting to.

Strange threw away his life by being a dick. Everyone wanted him to be a good person, and when he finally learned to, everyone else had given up on him. He was rejected by the girl in the end, because he had his chance and didn't embrace it. He'll never be over that, and that's what pushes him to be a good person from now on, to not miss another chance.

The only truly meaningful and well developed relationship is Tony's tho. Pepper is a real character, and is presented as Tony's anchor to reality, since he's pretty much lost in megalomania and heroing paranoia. But her simultaniously paradoxical unacceptance of Tony's flaws is what makes the relationship unstable and interesting.

Damn, I miss 90s fashion.

>a Stucky shipper

That's what most women want to see, get mad about it soiboi.

Fuck off Fujoshit, it's not going to happen never ever, the mouse won't want to lose the China money.

The worst kind.

As a matter in fact it was a Stuckyshipper that let Zub ruin Thunderbolts and made whatever small personality Brubaker gave Bucky disappear and made him angsty and dark.

>It kind of seemed like they were writing her out at the end.
She dumped him years ago off screen. And Strange is still very much the same man as he was before, so she has no reason accepting him back. She is his Ex, she will always be there if he needed her, but that's where it ends.

>Because Kat Dennings has a busted face and obnoxious voice?

You must be gay.

He meant human females.

Nope.

Fit for raising true Asgardian warriors

>there can't be genuine friendships everything has to be buttfucking
please leave.

I dont care how annoying her voice is, i would milk those tits in a heart beat

Are you trying to say that capeshit is shit? Because if that's true, she is still not better than shit.

I don't. I dread 2027 when 90s nostalgia will be the new 80s.

Did they ever explain what happened to Betty? I mean her dad has been in the films since, and the only reason Bruce couldn't be with her before was because he might Hulk out whilst trying to fuck her.

90s nostalgia already started

>Are these people really incapable of writing scripts that don't involve a girlfriend character?
Who should be Carol's girlfriend?

I think in the MCU at least, the idea of "normie girlfriend as supportive arm-candy" has pretty well been abandoned. Look at the relationships that have "survived".
Pepper Potts is running Stark Enterprises as CEO.
Gamora is an equal space-outlaw to Peter Quill.
Banner is romantically entangled with Black Widow
Scott Lang and Hope Pym are heroing together.

With Thor going Full Magic, there's really little narrative reason for him to have an astrophysicist around. What, she's supposed to have an exciting Galactus theory?

Harley and Wonder Woman clearly show that the female half of the audience like it when the girls are playing on the same field as characters.
Lois Lane on the other hand is just trite and annoying.

Moving forward in the MCU, I think it's likely to we'll see Black Cat as romantic foil for Spidey, Clea introduced in Doctor Strange, and so on.

Black Panther, just to rustle your jimmies to the maximum.

Honestly, Pepper is probably the only "surviving" non-superhero love interest in the old MCU that feels like an actual character and still proves to be an important aspect of the hero's life.

To tee up Lady Thor after Infinity War, obviously. Portman was sick of being non-caped.

>The problem starts when they make the female character important to the main plot

If your entire character is to be a girlfriend who is only briefly shown in the background, what is even the point of having her in the story?

Carol and Shuri would be cute.