grizzlystik.com/PR/UnderstandingArrowPenetration.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxMkV0XeoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CULmGfvYlso
youtube.com/watch?v=-YbKLVIJP44
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well...
Why IS he on the Avengers?

>"lol why is Batman on the justice league? He doesn't even have powers! :D"

Cap recruited him to fill in a missing slot after the big hitters left. Hawkeye has since then been a loyal Avenger. He’s the Batman of the group. When these superpowered divas get outta control, he brings them back down to Earth. He isn’t afraid to speak his mind and call shit for what it is.

Also people really underestimate how devastating Hawkeye can be with his arrows.

no seriously why is he, is it the detective thing cause MM, barry,ralph dibny, and plas could fill that role. if its money I could see but he wouldnt need to be a full time member to sponsor them. Is it being the down to earth realistic one cause MM and ralph could fill that spot is it the good fighter thing cause wonderwoman and MM could fill that role unless you're talking about the autistic guy that people pretend to care about role because only batman could fill that position

>why doesn't the guy with the bow and arrow use guns instead?

I have literally never heard anyone say this, and I drag normies to these movies everytime I see one.

The only people autistic enough to see a character only for his or her powerlevel are posting on this board right now, probably in some live-action thread.

Because guns in the marvel universe end up getting you associated with Deadpool.

No one wants to be associated with Deadpool.

>superman is boring because he is too strong

>goku should had won

>>Joker is all about chaos!

It's because of his role on Justice League that writers felt the need to make Batman ONE OF THE SMARTEST MEN EVER TO LIVE in order to justify his place

Except that's entirely legitimate. Every US infantryman is deadlier than Hawkeye. Black Widow and Falcon too. Probably Captain America as well now that I think about it

>He isn’t afraid to speak his mind and call shit for what it is.

That's an important aspect of him in the comics. He has no problem telling the other Avengers that they're going too far, or challenging their ideas. He started as a supervillain, so he has that tinge of brutal honesty as opposed to being polite.

Stop making this thread. We were tired of your shit four threads ago.

Well he can shoot explosive arrows, ice arrows, acid arrows, arrows that shrink or grow things, net arrows, magnetic arrows, adamantium arrows, etc. Can your gun do all that?

he did.

He pays for the space station and stuff

>Can your gun do all that?
Yes, it's called a grenade launcher.

Adamantium bullets are also a thing. Arrows can be dodged by normal humans, and aren't anywhere near as lethal as guns since they don't cause anywhere near as much tissue damage. Sure, Hawkeye has some neat trick arrows, but most of them are totally normal metal-tipped arrows that are only effective against his opponents because the plot demands that they are.

If it's about arrows being more versatile, then he could at least use a gas gun that fires the same damn arrows at a much higher velocity. That should be achievable with today's technology, much less MCU supertech.

Too bad post-Fraction he's the slacker who falls out of rooftops and into dumpsters and everyone makes fun of how pathetic he is.

Bows and arrows look cool, though. That's all that really matters.

Arrows have the stealth factor to them and have more practical uses than guns. Also do you not know anything about Hawkeye? He could take down a platoon with one arrow if he wanted to.

>Arrows can be dodged by normal humans

Kek

What I loved about EMH is this and the fact that he's basically their wildcard. Hawkeye saved their asses single handedly a lot in that show. It's why that shitty powerless episode was such a jarring slap in the face.

>Arrows can be dodged by normal humans, and aren't anywhere near as lethal as guns since they don't cause anywhere near as much tissue damage.

You get shot at with a bow that has 250 pounds draw weight and see how well that works out for you.

Because he's capable of drawing and firing a bow armed with sci-fi gadgets faster and with more accuracy than any real human being while being able to engage in the usual action hero martial arts when he needs to.

His social role on the team is to be the loud mouth who gets on his teammates nerves but also says what needs to be said.

His role in combat is to be the team's blaster and clutch player. Whenever the bad guy thinks he's won all it takes is a purple away hitting him out of nowhere to turn the tide.

He's probably the greatest archer in all of fiction second only to Silver Age Green Arrow.

>Why doesn't Hawkeye use guns?

This is why.

Read more comics you casual babies. I bet your only exposure to Hawkeye is through Fraction.

>Wanting Hawkeye to use a grenade launcher.

A bow and arrow is the perfect delivery system for his sci-fi weapons. The light weight allows Hawkeye to be agile and the size of the arrows relative to bullets adds raw stopping power power and the ability to hold gadgets. He can also use trick arrows as hand to hand weapons, something he couldn't do if all his arrows were suddenly little bullet capsules or whatever.

I always hear it about Black Widow. Only use she has is a saboteur. Other than that, she's fucking useless.

>at this range an arrow hits a lot harder than a bullet
But that's not true at all

Arrows are less predictable. Everybody has guns, everybody knows how to fight against people who have guns. Using a weapon that few people can understand or use is a great advantage.

Also it looks cool.

>Arrows are less predictable. Everybody has guns, everybody knows how to fight against people who have guns. Using a weapon that few people can understand or use is a great advantage.
What the fuck does this mean? Just because you know how a gun works, suddenly you can dodge a bullet?

He sure is a lot less useful than Batman in the Justice League.

Tha's what Pile Driver thought as well and look what happened to the stupid bastard.

Hawkeye's plot armor isn't proof of anything, my friend.

It is, hun

>he's the Batman of the group
That's either Cap (martial artist) or Tony (rich).

You’d adjust your tactics to an opponent using guns. Guy shoots at you? You just run and hide from wherever the loud sound is coming from. Guy is using arrows? You don’t know anyone who uses arrows. How do you fight against that? Boom! You just got hit because you couldn’t hear where the arrow was coming from.

This is objectively false.

>You just run and hide from wherever the loud sound is coming from.
Have you ever interacted with a gun in your life?

Arrows are dealier than a bullet (research it) and, in the case of comics, can be equipped to do literally anything.

Bullets (and guns) however have the advantage of being faster and easier to use.

How does Hawkeye measure up to Green Arrow?

Like what are the feats between them? I'm curious to know.

>Extremely intelligent, top fighter, resourceful, detective, gadgets master vs guys who shoot arrows
Yeah, Hawkeye really has more to offer.

Then it's Iron Man, because Cap is Marvel's Superman.

According to Death Battles, Hawkeye is stronger.

He is, however, a blatant copy. Marvel went as far as to give him a bird-related blonde love interest.

Ollie's stories are also way better. Hawkeye only has the "bro bro bro pizza pizza dog" Fraction run.

Hawkeye spars with Cap and lead the West Coast Avengers. He's no slouch.

>I’m a Batfag who doesn’t know anything about other heroes

That’s all you had to say.

How rich is ollie compared to batman?

>lead the West Coast Avengers
Is that supposed to impress?

Makes sense I guess. They are the hearts and leaders of their respective teams

>Arrows are dealier than a bullet (research it)
This really just depends on the type of gun. Sure an arrow can fuck you up more than a 9mm, but not if someone was carrying around a .44 magnum or any sort of high powered rifle.

grizzlystik.com/PR/UnderstandingArrowPenetration.pdf

The greater kinetic energy of a bullet doens't mean it has better penetration than an arrow. A bullet proof vest will stop a bullet but get shredded by an arrow.

That's what happened to Pile Driver. His skin worked like a bullet proof vest and couldn't stop Hawkeye's arrow.

Deathbattle was right in that Hawkeye has better raw stats and equally skilled trick shots.

But this is only if you rule out old red gloved Silver Age Ollie. He was shattering cosmic diamonds by hitting their molecular flaws just right and shooting targets on the ground while traveling the other way in a jet.

>Ultimate shit
616 Hawkeye is worse than Kate Bishop. Might as well put her in the Avengers.

>His only exposure to Hawkeye is Fraction's Hawkguy

You poor, poor man.

>Sure an arrow can fuck you up more than a 9mm, but not if someone was carrying around a .44 magnum or any sort of high powered rifle.

Ah, yeah that's true too.

I seriously thought this was Bulls-eye until I read the previous posts.

>Sup Forums jerks over Fraction's Hawkeye for years and years
>Turns their backs on that as soon as people point out how much of a loser Clint has become because of that run.
Current Clint can't fight mob mooks without getting all fucked up for months. This is a fact.

He is below CW Green Arrow.

There was a crossover comic with the JLA and Avengers once. Hawkeye completely overshadowed Ollie by landing an impossible trick shot to defeat Doctor Doom at the Source Wall. Clint was even dating Black Canary.

He wasn’t dating her. She was just flirting with him to make Ollie mad because that’s what she does.

>Fraction shit

Stop

this is also ignoring that bullets can cause hydrostatic shock, that bullets travel faster than arrows, that bullets can be fired faster than arrows, that bullets can be fired in more numerous quantity at once than arrows, and that bullets can be fired over much longer distances and much more accurately than arrows.

Hawkeye defeated Captain Atom OFFSCREEN.

Busiek was really jerking off HARD to his husbando.

Yeah most of Hawkeye's good material is non-616 (Old Man Logan, Ultimate, for example).
But his return from the dead post House of M, his characterization during the original Secret War, and as the leader of WCA were all great to me.

>But his return from the dead post House of M,
>Ronin shit
As good as the Avengers getting fucked in the ass repeatedly by the Hood.

It's almost like if arrows were as effective as guns they wouldn't be entirely replaced aside from as a hobby.

Okay true, but bows and arrows can sneak through metal detectors easier and would be more effective against say Magneto than a rifle. It would be real easy to sneak in the parts of a bow and arrow, assemble them in an enemy base and assassinate a target.

He's got contingency plans for the rest of the league.

MCU Hawkeye shot a hacking USB arrow in Avengers. No gun could ever do that.

Yeah they always say that but it's never really shown to be how they use them aside from dumb shit like "If Superman went evil I'd use kryptonite!"

>Never been shown
>Tower of Babel and Fenris Armor.

Die you casual shit

That had to be the weakest incarnation of the team ever

>Tower of Babel
Yeah I already covered that
>dumb shit like "If Superman went evil I'd use kryptonite!"

All of the ingenious plans that Batman apparently concocted to take down the League were blatantly obvious.

>Using a post hynotic suggestion planted in REM sleep to make Kyle use his own ring to make him blind making him unable to use the ring's power because he can't visualize where everything is

>Obvious

>Using nanites to turn Martian Manhunter's skin to magnesium so he's constantly on fire

>Obvious

The Martian Manhunter one wasn't obvious simply by being so fucking sadistic. Even Aquaman's wasn't that brutal. No only is he on fire which is bad enough but because he's Martian Manhunter he's having constant PTSD flashbacks to his race dying and him being the only survivor, of his wife choosing to die with their child, of spending centuries alone on a dead world talking to puppets made out of his own body.

Like seriously, his Martian Manhunter plan was absolutely fucked.

Rate the Tower of Babel traps from least to most sadistic.

I imagine the vibra-bullet that makes Flash have seizures at light speed is pretty high in the rankings.

>Batman's Superman counter is to use a special red K to make his skin transparent so he absorbs more sunlight than normal causing his senses to overclock

>Batman's counter to J'onn is to TURN HIS SKIN INTO MAGNESIUM.

What the actual fuck Bruce?

>Arrows are dealier than a bullet (research it)
I seriously underestimated Sup Forums's intelligence.
> Sure an arrow can fuck you up more than a 9mm
No it fucking can't.

You try getting shot by a rifle and see how well that works out for you.

Meanwhile arrows can be rendered harmless by a fucking padded jacket. That's literally what medieval troops used for armor.

>No it fucking can't.
It can depending on the circumstances. A bullet has more force, but the fact that arrows get lodged inside you means that they can potentially cause more internal damage than a low caliber bullet that goes clean through

Take a metal paint can and fill it with sand.

Shoot it with a .45.

Then shoot it with a heavy arrow with a broadhead.

You'll see that the arrow will penetrate better, even though its KI is far less than the bullet.

KI does not equal penetration power. An arrow will go through a bulletproof jacket.

>atomic warhead arrow

Goddammit I love older comics. I want to believe the atomic warhead arrow still exists, that and the Rainbow Batman costume.

>The greater kinetic energy of a bullet doens't mean it has better penetration than an arrow. A bullet proof vest will stop a bullet but get shredded by an arrow.
You're an idiot. Bulletproof vests are only proof against certain types of pistol rounds, any rifle round will zip through any type of soft body armor on the planet without stopping. Your standard 5.56x45mm can zip through 8 class III-A vests easily, which an arrow absolutely couldn't do, even if fired from a 100 lbs+ bow. Even a pissy subsonic round can do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxMkV0XeoQ

Sup Forums is fucking retarded, goddamn.

Actually a bullet tends to do more damage because of hydrostatic shock. Bow hunters know this. They kill animals with hemorrhage where a bullet will drop an animal almost instantly because the force of bullet spins your tissue like clothes in a dryer.

>that and the Rainbow Batman costume.
It's canon

>but the fact that arrows get lodged inside you means that they can potentially cause more internal damage than a low caliber bullet that goes clean through
Bullets don't go right through you, they deform inside your body.
>You'll see that the arrow will penetrate better, even though its KI is far less than the bullet.
Most arrows can't pierce padded fucking cloth. That's why gambesons were in use as armor for over a thousand years.
youtube.com/watch?v=CULmGfvYlso
Even broadheads can't remotely duplicate the penetration of the weakest rifle rounds. A broadhead might penetrate a standard kevlar vest via sheer momentum, but just barely. It won't zip through 8 thick vests back to back like even the piss weakest rifle rounds (as in, subsonic) would.
youtube.com/watch?v=-YbKLVIJP44

Yeah that's why arrows were never ever used in battle ever

They were used against unarmored or barely armored opponents, or against armored opponents for the purposes of harassment and occasionally inducing deaths by lucky shots (eyes, exposed limbs, etc.). In medieval Europe when nearly everyone had armor they saw next to no use, which is why crossbows became extremely popular. There are many accounts from Saracens in the Crusades of enemy soldiers looking like pincussions but fighting unimpeded because arrows were perpetually unable to penetrate their armor.

Professional archers were also getting BTFO by amateur musketeers in the fucking 18th century. Meanwhile, societies with strong archer cultures like Japan's samurai also immediately abandoned their bows when even the most primitive firearms became an option. Because bows suck compared to even 16th century guns.

Are you retarded? Just because you can wear armor to protect yourself doesn't make the weapons useless. That's like saying that since a shield stops a sword, swords would never be used in battle

You my sir just made my fucking day holy fuck. I really hope Bruce just has that in display at his Batcave and is confusingly proud of it like "fuck yeah the rainbow suit, one of my greatest technological achievements".

This gives me hope for the atomic warhead arrow.

>Also do you not know anything about Hawkeye? He could take down a platoon with one arrow if he wanted to.
Because of plot armor. His accuracy is simply not relevant when any amateur rifleman (BCT requires you to qualify for accuracy at 300 meters) can easily shoot Hawkeye from far enough away that he can see Hawkeye's arrows coming and move out of the way (as that range it would take several seconds to reach them, and even if it somehow hit would have lost almost all of its energy and would be hard pressed to penetrate cloth and muscle). The only reason people can think that Hawkeye being an aimbot means anything is because they just really do not understand how much better a gun is compared to a bow. The gap in range, speed, and lethality isn't something you can make up for by just being really accurate and fast.

This this a JoJo reference

Couldn't find a bigger pic of this, but I think it gives hope

I like you user. You understand

Hawkeye is comic book peak human, which means by actual real life standards he's super human.

He can tag quicksilver with his shots. A platoon would get taken down Rambo style. He wouldn't even need to shoot them, he'd just drop in the middle of them and martial arts them to death like Batman/Captain America/Any other comic book peak human.

It's not plot armor. It's just him being a superhero.

Is it unrealistic? Yes. But that's the entire point of being a superhero.

Based on the art style I'd say this is at least about 10 years old. Probably from one of the early "DC Universe Encyclopedias"

>Is it unrealistic? Yes. But that's the entire point of being a superhero.
I thought Marvel's point was the realism of their universe.

>he'd just drop in the middle of them and martial arts them to death like Batman/Captain America/Any other comic book peak human.
Ok but the point is that someone with a gun just needs to be able to see him and they'd be able to take him out. They're basically point and kill machines, as opposed to bows that maybe sometimes work

>A platoon would get taken down Rambo style. He wouldn't even need to shoot them, he'd just drop in the middle of them and martial arts them to death like Batman/Captain America/Any other comic book peak human.
Comic book peak humans can only do this because comic book goons are retards who can't use their guns.

And this thread is concerning normie opinions, and I'm willing to bet most normies are only familiar with MCU Hawkeye.
>It's not plot armor. It's just him being a superhero.
No, it's plot armor. Not every super has it.

His argument is really weak but Marvel's shtick is the realism of their characters, not the combat/physics.

Do you think the Avengers don't fight people who can dodge bullets?

>Realism
>When the Fantastic Four was the foundation that they built their universe on
>Realism

No. They meant realism as in all the characters had unique voices and personalities compared to the Gardner Fox era JLA where everyone was the same except for Snapper Carr and that Stan's writing would wink and nod at the audience from time to time about the absurdity of everything happening around the characters, usually through Spider-Man or The Thing.