>Batman
THIS WILL BE FUCKING EPIC

I am impressed.

>The character designs look fucking badass
>The action looks promising
>The premise is interesting
>I like the music so far

>Not sure about that style, but I don't know dick about animation, so we'll see
>A crew of anime writers probably means the story will be okay or a whirlwind of complete bullshit
>Another fucking Batman story

This could go either way for me

>A crew of anime writers probably means the story will be okay or a whirlwind of complete bullshit

the screenplay is made by the guy that wrote for gurren lagan and Kill la kill. It will be good.

Quick remind that Edward Elric shares a VA with Harley Quinn and the Joker shares one with fucking Okuyasu.

cultural appropriation at its finest...

I know this is bait, but is is not when its lead by the people who belong to said culture.

>its okay when "they" are involved

Is this going to be a movie or series?

It sounds cringe on paper but looks amazing on screen.

Cultural appropriation doesn't exist.

What the fuck is up with that upper arm angle?

film. Japanese cinemas 2018

The entire production is being ran by Japanese people you fucking reactionary shitstain.

>JoJo bizarre adventure animators
Should have hired Sanizgen

>Gurren Laggan writters
Kek

>Batman
Only good thing

>THIS WILL BE FUCKING EPIC

>that left arm
It literally looks like Batman is about to stab himself in the back.

>"trust nobody, not even yourself"

The jojo OPs were really good but I don't know how I feel about CG being used entirely for this movie, I wasn't entirely impressed by what I saw in that trailer. It all depends on how much money they put into animating this and the last few DC animated movies haven't had spectacular animation or anything.

Pandering to weebs for easy money and with shitty fanservice, i expect to see some horrible visual rape of the Batman frnchise with some weeb shit like moaning lolis.

>ONEEEE CHAN BATUMAN DESU KA????? BAKA! BAKA! BAKA!!!!

Nothing good came out of Japan in the last 15 years.

Emperor Jimmu?

>gurren laggan
Fair enough.
>kill la kill
LOL no it fucking won't.
Liteally the most flavour of the month anime ever created. They spent all the budget on the first episode and then did nothing with it after said first episode, zero impressive animation whatsoever, generic as fuck story, bad characters.

No, it doesn't get a pass because it's a 'parody' of anime, it's just fucking bad.

>KYAAAAAAAAAA

Oh my God I have never hated Japanese so much

At least they seem to assume the sillyness, so yeah, why not. Looks better than whatever capeshit they threw at us over the last few years.

You know, it all looked great, but I was thinking "Batman is probably going to be the most boring character in the whole thing"

And then they dropped the "It's over Joker! You're through!" I fucking love it, please give me my hammy future ninja Batman.

>implying you're even old enough to say that sentence

Pretty sure that's deadshot

even the japs use flash animation now?
christ

It's not Flash it's 3D animation with flat lighting

if you say so cuz

alphonse*

>Is That A Jojo Reference?
Well, it is being animated by the guy that made the 3D JoJo openings

okay so this implies that Joker inserts himself in the past as Oda Nobunaga and Grodd for some reason becomes Toyotomi. Is Bruce supposed to be Takeda Shingen? who is Ieyasu? Penguin?

You know, "Bruce gets stuck in feudal Japan so he dresses up like a ninja to fight the Joker" tells me they got Batman's character 100% right.

Slade seems to be Date. But who's Harley and Ivy?

>being this baited

Lady No and Ranmaru Mori?

Not only that, he doesn't even get the joke that it's Japan culturally appropriating the west.

I dunno about Harley being Lady No, because it is said there's no love between Nobunaga and Lady No.
But Nobunaga's beloved concubine, Kitsuno...

Also Ranmaru Mori is a man IRL. Disbelieve the depiction in Sengoku games.

>characters sent back in time
>all decide to wear period styled outfits despite still affecting the future while aiming not to change the future.
Honestly Joker would be the only one who would actually dress like the times because of how random he is. Why would any of the bat family ditch their looks just to blend into something they still stick out in?

It's physically impossible to put your hand fingers-down next to your cheek?

They just didn't want to bother doing it properly because the rest of the arm is out-of-frame so it saves time to move just the parts that are in-frame.

That doesn't make the pose physically impossible, just the way they posed it is incorrect.

Anyone know who the guy at 1:06 is fighting with Nightwing? And the pink-haired woman that appears right after that?

I do dig Two-Face and Grodd's designs here, especially with the backdrop behind Grodd showing off some crazy (gorilla) eyes.

Penguin(look at that nose and tophat.), then Poison ivy.(leaves on her bracers. slightly green skin.)

vs Nightwing is Penguin, he's even holding the umbrella. Pink hair is Ivy.

>batman ninja
>is a samurai

Yeah, just noticed Penguin's monocle.

As for Ivy, I managed to pin her down after seeing her mentioned in this thread. Also makes sense for it to be her since there were vines hanging down from the ceiling of the room she was fighting Damian in.

He'd have to raise the arm sideways, rather than outright vertically like that.

it's the japs who are appropriating american culture, american narratives and american characters in this case. it's just as bad and as any and all hollywood "live action" anime adaptations.

shh shh, the arms are posed that way because they're in the power of Stardust.

>captcha sez: dumbarton boyslade
>boyslade

Looks awesome.

But that's Grodd? Should have used Gorilla Boss, Z-listers need more love.

>Just as bad
Yeah. Any and all kinds of cultural mixing is horrible. We need to go back to isolationism and destroy America while we're at it.

>the screenplay is made by the guy that wrote for gurren lagan and Kill la kill. It will be good.

And motherfuckin' Kamen Rider Fourze. The hype is pure.

Perfectly possible to do it with the elbow sideways or the elbow pointing up. Don't know how disabled you have to be so you can't pull off that pose. The animators were just saving time since it's out of frame. Same way an animator doesn't have to draw parts of the character that are out of frame.

>american
>culture

Pick one

>characters sent back in time

More like characters were born in this period of time.

How are they "saving time" exactly? In hand drawn animation you save time by not drawing what won't be seen but the model and rig are for Caesar already built.

How does breaking the rig and forcing him into that weird pose save time? I mean I kind of get your logic, in that it doesn't matter how deformed his body looks out of frame because it won't be seen, but if it was possible to pose him like that normally they would as that would be faster. When you screw with a rig like that it's literally because you CAN'T pose them normally.

Yes you can put your hand next to your face like that no problem but the dynamism of the pose, the "Araki style" is that his arm is pointed down sharply. You can't get your elbow that high above your head.

>ANOTHER batman movie
And into the trash it goes.

Grodd is the director's favourite and they are also doing a joke with him being Hideyoshi

>after realizing they're dead in the English speaking world DC attempts to destroy their reputation in Japan

>gurren lagan
>kill la kill
>Kamen Rider Fourze

Yeah, a perfect resume of super serious works that clearly demonstrate the team's ability to write anything other than goofy, over-the top and nonsensical plots.

The story is going to be shit and the worst part of the film, save for maybe that garbage faux-3d animation.

>not an argument
>not an argument
>wrong

>good writters
>hurr durr is going to be shit
fuck off mouseshil, your're not fooling anyone.

LEEEEEEEETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You just don't notice it most of the time, much how I imagine a fish doesn't notice water unless it's not there.

>anime writers
>good

(You)

Such a weak bait

so, will it be better in jap or in english?

A
BIG
NUT!!!!

I'll be watching it in japanese. The english dub probably will have Hamill and Conroy again, I really like them but now they sound old and tired.

>How are they "saving time" exactly?
By not having to pose the character properly. Drag the hand where you want it, and that's it. Saves time instead of posing the entire arm.

>You can't get your elbow that high above your head.
Wow, you ARE disabled. Are you the guy from the South Park thread that argued some scene changed perspective when it was actually an animation error? It boggles the mind that the world is filled with people like you who don't know basic anatomy or basic perspective and can't understand anything.

If you can't do pic related (with your hand behind OR in front of your face) you're disabled.

our toons are just as bad so there's gonna always be a pile of shit regardless of region.

Life's been gettin' so hard livin' with the things you do to me.

It looks fantastic, but I giggled like a little schoolgirl when I read the dude who did Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill is going to do the screenplay.

This shit is going to be off the damn hook.

Somebody better tell this guy it's not physically possible to get his elbow up that high

>CG
It was so close to being good

I'll take 3D animation any day since WB doesn't make quality 2D animations like Mask of the Phantasm anymore

I'm happy that it doesn't look like pic related

looks great

I love Trigger/Gainax, but i will admit, their story telling is not for everyone.

'Cept for Gods and Monsters and the two Adam West movies, DC hasn't released any good looking animated movie in the past 5 years

Gotham by Gaslight looks lazy as fuck

I hoping for Baker and Epcar

Wait...

Do you not want this to be goofy and over the top?

Why doesn't Superman just come and help him?

3D animator here. That's just so they don't need to do more complex changes to the clothing

Pretty standard shit really.

To the past? You mean like flying really fast until he come back in time?

I would LOVE a dc animated movie that was goofy and didn't take itself seriously at all.

That is clearly not what they're going for. Chances are the team's experience in one style is going to clash with the intended theme of the other. Rarely in any medium, let alone animation, do creators transition well across opposite genres.

>eyepatch
>half black half orange mask
>>>>deadshot

Another 3D animator here and pretty much this
That shit is way too common that the fact people are getting up at arms is silly

He's Japanese Deadshot.

>Fucking Gorilla Grodd Shogun

This is going to be amazing.

So this is basically Sengoku Batman?

Is Joker supposed to be Nobunaga, or is it Bats?

Joker is I think, yeah. Who was the guy who killed Oda at Honnouji? Akechi? Maybe that's Batman.

I don't think they're supposed to be historical figures, I think it's more of a "what if the Bat Family were shinobi and the villains were all feudal lords" sort of deal.

no theyre all back in time.