What are some blatant examples of creators lacking a sense of scale?

No, Jim, five men cannot bend an I-beam

inb4attoseconds

Maaaaybe if you had 5 of this guy and a light gauge

why do peoplr think he's the world's strongest, when he's never won anything where he had to face Shaw, Savickas or Hall?

Hes the best known to normies and he did that ships mast memelift.

Any fucking cartoon with the solar system showing, either because of a joke or a straight plot element.

Planets are not as far apart as your fucking textbook says, come the fuck on, nigger.

How about you just post the pic instead?

Most Marvel comics strongmen can lift about 100 tons.

Someone this strong would punch someone with Doomsday's mass out of the solar system at thousands of times the speed of sound.

And here I thought quintillions was ridiculous

>Didn't see this coming though

What's ridiculous is the idea that they have materials/machinery/floors capable of generating/withstanding that amount of force.

what is the floor made out of

where does the heat from the metabolistic reactions and surface contact go

are his turds more dense than a neutron star

whenever they claim that cap america is peak human

Why would that be?

Because he can keep up with heroes on a different level than humans?

He's peak human in everything at once. Nobody who presses over 500lbs overhead can do sport gymnastics on the same day and run a marathon after that.

But Cap can, because his athletic capability is due to super-roids and not from actual training.

I wonder if he's also peak human in the various intellectual aspects.

Like, how's his math aptitude? Can he solve formulas really fast? Can he learn a new language really fast? Problem solving?

Manlets, when will they learn?

He's definitely got some of that, it's why he can throw his shield and have it bounce off of twenty things, and why he's the best leader since he can come up with plans the fastest. It's also part of why he can fight someone like Spider-Man despite being way weaker than him, because Spider-Man relies on his powers way more than being a good fighter, while Cap has experience and super-muscle-memory or some shit.

how is that more ridiculous than a 180 cm flesh and bones creature being able to generate that amount of power?

that still not enough. He'd still get mauled by a lion. Anything that can kill a lion should be able to do short work of someone who is "peak human"

Every time I see that, all I can think is "what happens if he lets go"

It moves maybe an inch.

What superpower did he developed and how does he now other will follow?
How does he know Supes former limit?

it's capeshit, don't think too much about it, the author obviously didn't

post the deathstroke one plz

its shown on previous pages what power, i dont remember the exact nature sorry
he doesnt KNOW he supposes, because hes overcharged like never before
its not the first time they see each other and do tests
what else isnt clear, were here to help even if school cant
if you have theese questions seems like you are interested, just read the book

>Anything that can kill a lion should be able to do short work of someone who is "peak human"
I wonder who's behind that post.

is that guy supposed the be a peak human who kills lions or is a superhuman who can't beat peak humans?
I think he was in a spiderman cartoon and used traps to beat spidey, but I don't know much more

I'm not even trying to gatekeep, but what are you doing on Sup Forums if you don't know who Kraven the hunter is?

talking about comics and cartoons.

The former. He's a Hunter who decided to hunt Spiderman. He started out as a Peak human. Different interpretations then havehim at;
Mild super strength and agility, uses Alchemical potions and shit for bursts of animal power, animal/man hybrid or Were/lion/panther/whatever.

Alright, well Kraven the Hunter is a spiderman villain who hunts big game, like lions. user was just having a giggle, it wasn't terribly relevant.

The Green Lantern Corps dividing the entire universe into only 3600 sectors, then expected just 1 Green Lantern (later 2) to keep the peace in an area of a magnitude so big scientists can only speculate. The observable universe is 91 billion light years wide, with at least 2 trillion galaxies.

Shut the fuck up if you haven't read the source material

Because it's customary to give superheroes a pass on things like that. The implication of having a machine that can measure that force is that the materials science of the setting is ludicrously advanced. As in, "Forget Banks orbitals, we're gonna build a Niven ring!" and "We need to contain a nuclear blast? I think there's an empty shipping container out back." When you can do things like build a free span bridge across an ocean or a building that looks like spun glass that's armored enough to withstand relativistic bombardment, the setting kind of gets away from relatable things.

Not really sense of scale, but it's just funny looking at this before the symbiote's upper limits were clearly defined cuz I'm sure there is no way Venom is this strong

It's not that it wouldn't work against Speedsters, but Wally is just too fast for that to ever happen. Honestly though, I'm happy panels like this exist otherwise you'd think the Flash was invincible. I assume someones already posted the Attosecond page?

Reminder that Optimus is the size of a truck

-->

Regular Spidey punched the Hulk all the way to the moon, so...

Please give examples. Also planets can be at opposite sides of the sun.

What is the math behind this post?

I thought you were bluffing but holy shit it happened, though it looks like Gray Hulk (Mr. Fixit?)

It's a huge difference from a previous comic where he was happy just to STAGGER the Hulk.

What about 5 really strong and muscular 5 men?

The meme is too real

Sauce on that claim. Last time i've checked it was 30 000 000 000 light years wide (time since the universe became transparent to light times 2)

Okay
Chill
What fucking run is this panel even from?
I'm on a quest to read all Flash stories where the Flash does all these bullshit impossible things.
Like that time he outran the Black Flash into a "time" where Death as a concept didn't even exist, and then still somehow managed to go back to Earth and still pull Linda Park out of the Speedforce.

That's not "regular" Spidey though.

Most of it is probably vacant empty space or uninhabitable worlds, so really they probably just have to keep an eye on a handful of planets.

I mean, Venom's shown to be quite a heavy-hitter even when it's a baseline human wearing it, making them strong enough to fight Spider-Man for one thing. So that coupled with Spider-Man's proportionate strength should make him scarily strong.

It was more bullshit when regular Spider-Man tanked a punch to the face from Colossus who was also the avatar of Cyttorak AND had the Phoenix-force at the time. AND he had enough wits left to trick Colossus afterwards, rather than just lying on the floor bleeding out of his ears.

From my understanding, that was an issue of Superman where Clark was just asking his buddies about stuff.

yep. thats a good one.

Comics always utterly fail to grasp the immense size of space. and emptiness.

The vast majority of Sci-fi movies, tv, games, books, etc all take place in a single galaxy. starwars, warhammer, etc. ONE galaxy. And THEY even address the full on enormity of space.

Comics go full UNIVERSE, and basically never address how big a single galaxy is alone.

GLC could just be the Milky way with 3600 sectors, and it would still be unreasonable.

I believe it's from Superman #709.

Oh
That's kinda disappointing
But thanks for telling me

From the same comic as the attosecond line. I guess it tries to explain how someone like Deathstroke could even touch the Flash

"I'm Mr Magoo when I'm hurtling around at near relativistic speeds"

Superman would be the worst airline hazard humanly imaginable.

Thats a bit of a misnomer from the Official Handbooks of the Marvel Universe.

Gruenwald used a 1-100 ton scale because it worked for most of Marvel's lightweights to middleweights. But the "Class 100" rating at the top was not specifically 100 tons, it was *at least 100 tons* with the caveat that there were many canonical events where the characters in question were clearly way, way above the 100 ton range. When Magneto levitates a cruise liner that weights 200 *thousand* tons without any obvious strain. When Hercules tosses Godzilla or manages to pull Manhattan Island (!) When the Hulk holds a mountain off his Secret Wars allies.

Gruenwald came right out and stated, the heavyweights in the Marvel U are just impossible to measure. Spidey tends to stay somewhat reasonably in the 20 ton range but you have characters like Thor, Hulk, Hercules routinely pulling of stunts that you'd otherwise need to hop over into the DCU to find equivalent power levels. So, Gruenwald gives up in classification-frustration, "Class 100"

Every lantern is capable of teleporting and going far faster than FTL. Silver Age Tomas Re casually moved a solar system.

You’re underestimating the power level of th GLC.

>regular spidey

That was Captain Universe spidey. Stop trolling the noobs

And it’s not customary to give superheros a pass on infinite stenght measuring devices? A humanoid can punch a planet, that’s fine, but measuring it with a super science device from an organization that keeps a portal to the underverse and a fleet of giant biological space probes is too much?

You’re being rather autistic about what you do and don’t suspend your disbelief for. You strike me as the kind of guy that gets bothered that the space lasers in Star Trek make noise.

I'm reminded of how during Bendis' run on Guardians of the Galaxy, he casually tried to introduce a massive retcon: the Kree, Skrulls, Shi'Ar, Brood and Knowhere are all in the Milky Way Galaxy. Bendis took the name "Guardians of the Galaxy" too literally and decided that it meant that they only guarded one galaxy.
This contradicted countless previous stories and was ignored by other writers.

"far faster then the speed of light" and "100,000,000 quadrillion times the speed of light" are different things.

The closest galaxy from the Milkyway is 25,000 light years away. at the speed of light, it would take 25,000 years to travel. the CLOSEST.
25,000 x the speed of light to travel it in 1 year.
912,500x the speed of light to travel it in 1 day.
219,000,000x the speed of light to travel it in 1 hour.

Then there is of course time dilation..

The milky way itself is 100,000 light years wide.
Then, beyond speed, you are missing the big issue.
Number of civilizations.

Drake equation estimates 1000 and 100,000,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy.

3600 space cops would be strained beyond belief policing 100,000,000 civilizations in the milkyway alone.
Hell, they would be strained policing 1000 CIVILIZATIONS.

The observable universe has 200 BILLION, to 2 trillion GALAXIES.

min, of 1000 civilizatioins, in 200 billion galaxies, for 2 trillion civilizations, /3600 glc,=555,555,555 civilizations per Lantern.
the 100 million civilizations per galaxy with 2 trillion galaxies... not even going to do, because scientific notation would be needed to write it...

The anti-matter wave in Crisis on Infinite Earths that destroys infinite universes in a matter of hours or days, suddenly goes at a snail's pace once it reaches the Earth.

As shit as Grounded was, that page is great.

ehhh, that's also a result of a complete lack of scale on Greunwald's part

>35 miles away
>mushroom cloud is still bigger than their thumb
They weren't ever gonna make it.

>tfw When The Wind Blows flashbacks

Then what is Conan?

I think he's saying the fact that they have stuff that advanced and don't use it for other things is ridiculous

He's best in life.

Cimmerian.

he was infused with captain universe power or some shit

ye like he said not regular spidey, also not to the moon but to the orbit but thats nitpicking i guess

well not him but i think they should exercise some fucking imagination when depicting this machinery, not just a basic harness or a rather big piston
(on a floor filled with people?)
pretty lazy shit right there
youre telling me that a writer can conjure anything he wants and not put an ounce of thought into it and you will be fine with it
like the page with black panther disabling firearms, that was good writing
yes it breaks my suspension of disbelief
sound in space in movies is a whole other issue, its just for the benefit of the viewer

>1
first bendis idea i hear about that was actually reasonable

fiction

Transformers literally have comicbook tech that lets them store extra mass in an alternate their disguise forms and their robot bodies can be so different in size.

It's lex luthor from the future with hair and a boner in place of his old hate boner. Of course he'd build something capable of that for his buddy.

Didn't Zoom help her reach speedforce levels one time? I always assumed that stuck.

Actually yes, they have specifically said that multiple times.

Spidey was juicing on C. Universe's cosmic power at the time.

That poor bear.

I love these

The attosecond line was after JMS dropped from writing the thing so it feels like damage control.

Real talk if he was flipping pages that quickly wouldn't they disintegrate or catch on fire?

SCIENCE! is pretty much a superpower, especially if that guy is indeed future Luthor.

What the hell were they thinking with this art.

They were thinking of how cheap it was to hire the guy.

I'm not sure if I agree with this image being indicative of Gruenwald being as wrong as you seem to be putting forward.

The handbook listed the DC-10 as 25 tons but it turns out its 250 tons. Seems like a simple transposition error, easily enough missed while juggling hundreds of entries for the handbook.

Tactile telekinesis he ain't gotta explain shit.

Gonna be interesting seeing Kraven take on Cap. I like when heroes and villains are outside of their comfort zone.

G1 was truly great for SCALE.

Movie synergy baby!