Saturday Spider-Man thread

Let's have a good old fashion Spider-Man thread. What's your favorite run? Favorite villains? Favorite costume? Best girl? And why is it the Venom symbiote?

>Favorite run
Gauntlet and Grim Hunt
>Favorite Villains
Carnage, Mysterio, Electro and Sandman, Itsy Bitsy gets an honorable mention
>Favorite costume
I really liked the Big Time suit, as well as the Widow suit from Spider-Man and Deadpool
>Best girl
Venom > MJ > Felicia

Sage

>Best girl
of course its the symboite

>falls in love with a guy who shoulders the world
>gets to clingy and dump
>hates him and gets with a guy who hates its ex
>still loves her ex and is willing to go back a drop of a hat
>gets knocked up
>rebound guy isn't so bad
>gets dump for taking over his life
>gets forced onto a dude who hates both its exes
>is drugged out of its mind the whole way through
>finally gets free
>is forced again into a relationship
>this time with its first love's friend
>isn't so bad
>still drugged up but getting better
>both need each since both are broken shits
>go to space
>get written by Bendis
being the symboite is suffering

>Itsy Bitsy
I really hope we see more of her, she was a qt.

Damn, you're into some obscure Spidey characters, I love it.

You forgot
>Gives birth to a shitty child
>Have a shitty grand child
>Double ganger hooks up with your second ex and tries to murder her
>Has a none shit daughter who's pretty much just like her
>Gets into an abusive relationship with Sasuke
>After all that shit the first love she still clearly feels for comes back to save her from the relationship
>Turns out to be a trick and she's captured by the government.
>Abusive boyfriend to come back and force himself on her not shit daughter.
She should just bond with MJ for a three way with her first love.

I like to believe that after MJ was able to dominate Venom for control during Renew Your Vows that they did in fact have a great three way. Or if not, you know VenoMJ banged Peter before things got out of hand.

She'll be in character limbo for a while is my guess, but then again, they have Thompson writing SM/DP so maybe he'll bring her back? Kelly was smart enough not to fully kill her off during that last arc.

Who has the better relationship with their symbiote? Cassidey or Flash?
Will Kyntar just be forgotten when bendy leaves

Ducking Cletus, no contest, when Carnage was ripped in half and tossed into orbit the symbiote did all it could to keep him alive to the point to where it nearly starved to death, and afterwards it took over a new host, dominating her body just so that it could make it back to Cletus. There has never been a love more pure than Cletus and his symbiote, and I don't think there ever will be.

Kasady

without a doubt

I was super against MJ having super powers, but the Venom arch sold me on it. She'd honestly make a really good long term host for the symbiote.

Obviously Carnage. Their personalities were practically identical and they both wanted the same thing out of life.

I didn't mind MJ having powers only because I like seeing her in costume, but man I wish Conway hadn't had the symbiote get "killed" at the end of Evangoblin. I'm still hoping that the symbiote manages to make a come back in RYV at some point

I hope RYV becomes the canon book at some point. Getting real tired of post-OMD Pete.

>tfw you like 6 arm spiderman but hate Man-Spider
and they always go full mutant spider every time

I like Man-Spider. Especially when the story comes out around the time of Halloween. It's like Wolfman meets the Fly.

ASM uh as I'd like to that happen, I don't believe it ever will

Unless Quesada goes mysteriously missing one night....

Quesadilla isn't EiC any more, if they new guy wanted to get the Spider-Man fan base behind him he demand an arc that undoes OMD. I'd love to see May find out that Peter has kept her alive, then turn around and scold him for it, saying something like how long she's been waiting to see Ben again, and Peter made her wait even longer

>What's your favorite run?
Favorite arcs of all time are Kraven's Last Hunt, Ultimate Spiderman up to issue 75ish, and Spiderman Blue.
Favorite ones from the past decade are Grim Hunt, RYV (in the minority and like Slott's slightly more than Conway's but will admit that Conway's is much comfier), and issues 1- around 20 of Superior. I liked the Kaine Texas Scarlet Spider arc too if that counts
>Favorite villains
Mysterio, Doc Ock, Curt Connors, Ultimate Goblin
>Favorite costume
Iron Spider, although I like SpOck's second suit as my favorite "casual" costume
>Best girl?
Venom > Pre Slott Felicia > MJ > Anna for SpOck

Didn't May straight up tell Peter to let her die in OMD? Poor old hag. How many times has she been kidnaped for ransom? Or became a widow?

>Favorite Run
Ditko
>villians
Green Goblin
>Costume
Classic
>Best Girl
Gwen

GOD straight up told him to let her go in a side book.

>Gwen

It was pretty clear JMS really didn't want to go through with it considering he made EVERYONE shit on Peter, telling him it's not the right decision. Don't blame him, could you imagine? You get hired specifically to bring the marriage back, then you have to undo EVERYTHING you've worked on. I'd be pissed.

>Best girl
Chat

God I miss her, I'll never forget when it looked like they were going to split after the fight but then they actually solved it like a real relationship.
Understood and loved both Peter and Spider-Man, truly best girl.

Marvel Adventures was to good for this timeline

Favorite one time only villains? I liked the Empathoid. Just because the name is cool. He's nothing special.

MJ is a whore.

No she wasn't. And Gwen was actually a whore.

How many times did MJ for Norman again? Also, wasn't a famous line from Gwen talking about she was mad that Peter was the only boy in collage that had taken her for a tumble? Gwen was a whore.

>Chat
Pretty good tastes friend.

Why is Peter's butt bigger than a woman's?

>TFW no psychotic, yandere, lovecraftian, alien, slime gf.

Have you seen the poses the man does after falling from STORIES in the air? Dude's squat game is on point.

Did you forget that Gwen was pissed because Peter was the only guy who wouldn't "roll in the hay" with her?

has curt done anything since clone saga 2

Spider-Man books out right now.
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Spectacular Spider-Man
>Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
>Scarlet Spider
>Venom
>Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Spider-Man books actually worth reading
>Spectacular Spider-Man
>Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
>Scarlet Spider
>Venom
Did I miss one?

>gwen
You really didnt read ditko did you?

>Venom symbiote's non-shit child to be raped by bitter ex
Being a symbiote is suffering.

Exactly. She wasnt very likable and very bland. Plus they never had her discover peters identity, instead opting for tension by having her blame spiderman for everything and never having peter man up and tell her.

I'm really enjoying scarlet spider glad it's getting a real artist for the book again

D-Did we just witness the murder of Andi? Wasted on a fucking preview for a Slott event?

Not according to Slott's retcon.

Andi was just left nude in the street

If she was dead her body would have been charred black, you can clearly see that she's just fine on the panel where she drops

What the fuck. I don't even read Venom, but what a shitty way to kill off a character.

Just another night in Philly.

She was blasted with a flame thrower....

yeah i doubt she's dead, in a coma sure but not dead with all the stories of her creator pushing for her

You'd think Flash would've stopped leaving her alone.

And? Until we see Andi's dead body than comic laws state that she is, in fact, not dead, just injured. You act like symbiote users have never been bathed in fire and walked away without any burns before.

The best part is she and MA Peter avoided Slott's massacre in Spiderverse.

>What's your favorite run?
Anything from Dematteis, JMS and Stern

>Favorite villains?
Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Kraven and Mysterio

>Favorite costume?
Classic red and blue always, but the black suit comes a close second

>Best girl?
MJ, but occasionally Cat

So did Spider-Man TAS because Slott doesn't pay attention to Earth numbering.

He killed the one from Unlimited which was intended to be a continuation from TAS.

Nope. The one that died was Earth-7831 and the universe for Unlimited is Earth-751263. The Amazing Friends also survived because he got those numbers wrong too. The lack of Marvel editors literally saved most the people Slott tried to kill off.

>>Favorite run
Big Time, JMS run, unironically The Other
>>Favorite Villains
White tuxedo Ock, Electro, Hydro Man, Hobgoblin, Rhino
>>Favorite costume
Classic, bullet point, Future Foundation white suit, Parker Industries retooled costume
>>Best girl
Sable (super underated)

There something i never understud, are the events of the other canon? Is ever brought back the stingers, organic web, etc..

>Favorite Run
Gauntlet, Grim Hunt, some of the JMS run, and early Slott to Superior
>Favorite Villains
Hobgoblin, Venom, Mysterio, Doc Ock
>Favorite Costume
the OG
>Best girl
Black Cat before Slott fucked her up

Peter recognizes it when it happens to Kaine and references being it in Spider-Verse, so the events of the Other survived OMD.

Yep, it's just treated it like Peter wear off all the new powers post-Civil War and pre-BND. Shit excuse, of course, but many people were butthurted about Peter's powers getting a "mystical upgrade".

I don't remember anyone complaining about the powers themselves, just the fact that totem stuff was a thing.

Most spiderfags don't mind Peter getting stronger.

In regards to her getting powers, I would have much preferred Marvel adapting Hydro-MJ from the 90s cartoon.

I like that cover WAAAY better than the old one.

It makes MJ more natural.

I don't. The other one makes MJ look like a 12 year old.

It wasn't like he was ridiculously powerful. He just had night vision and stingers.

That's a well-endowed twelve-year-old.

Eh, it worked in TAS because of the tragedy behind it. It would be weird if she had it in the books. I like the whole Venom MJ thing because the whole jolted lover mixing with the girl next girl type of thing. It also makes sense in canon of Spider-Man since it's a thing that gives normal people powers.

Not really. The face and shoulders really make me get some young teenager vibes.

The old one look like she going to pose or something.

I mean, who sits like this?

Someone who's drawn by Scott Campbell, it's sort what he's known for. And at least she looks like an adult in it, not even a comment about her attractiveness. You could put the Campbell one in the same pose and winter get up and I'd still choose that one over the other one.

>the Parker family has a choking fetish

And the bio wev shoters, but that kinda a nerf if you think, the web shoters allow him to make a variery of webbing

Pretty sure it just means either MJ or the symbiote gets off on murder. Or domming. Either way, hot.

>Favorite run
If we're talking just a straight run the Stern's AMS easily. If we can break runs down into general writers though, then it's Sterm or DeMatteis. DeMatteis' big run came during the Clone Saga era but he wrote same damn, damn good stories (everything with Harry, ASM #400, some good stuff with Chameleon, Spectacular #241, The Lost Years and Redemption among others).

>Favorite villains
Chameleon is hands down my favorite Spidey villain. I love the personal and psychological elements his stories have to them which is why he absolutely needs to know Peter is Spidey. Making him just a suave crook, hitman or mob boss takes away a lot of his appeal. Honorable mentions go to Hobgoblin, Shocker, Mysterio and Boomerang are on there as well. A lot of the major villains, I feel, are really played out at this point.

>Favorite costume
Spider-Ben easily.

>Best girl
Black Cat when she was the fun, sexy, slightly bad girl foil for MJ. I also like Liz and absolutely despite what Slott's done with her.

Chat was great. She's the best girl overall if not limited to 616.

He also needs to eat a lot of liquidy foods for it to work.

>didn't read Ditko
Is that how it's gonna be, user? Why not just go shitpost in a movie thread? You'll fit right in.
Betty is best in Ditko, but I like the stuff with Gwen and Peter and her Dad in Lee/Romita. I also really like Buscema's Gwen.
I don't really care about the retcon nonsense with Norman or intentional misunderstandings of Gwen's use of the word "tumble" either.

>Misunderstanding
The conversation literally started over Peter handing her a fucking pencil. Her pussy isn't even a revolving door at that point, it's a goddamn black hole the sucks every guy in.

Best Spider-Man villain who's not Norman, Eddie, or Otto. The symbiote is best girl though hands down.

My nigga.

>Conway
He was long off the book by that point. Stegman was "co-writing" (i.e. likely being the main writer) a few issues in and probably played a big part in the plotting from the start. I'm also guessing that was an editorial edict.

Yeah, it was probably so the new writer could have a fresh start. Still sucks though.

I can't believe I forgot about Sable in terms of Best Girl. I guess I don't really consider her a Spider-Man love interest despite what Slott tried to do in Ends of the Earth.

>I guess I don't really consider her a Spider-Man love interest despite what Slott tried to do in Ends of the Earth.
It's because all the other love interests play off Peter's personality in some way. Silver Sable doesn't.

>image for ants

Unlimited was never supposed to be a continuation of TAS and is its own continuity. Slott is too retarded and obstinate to admit he was wrong on that though.

Yeah but without that cover what will cosplay sloots dress as when not doing their Ivy, Harley, Slave Leia or Yoko outfits?

Unlimited is kinda up for debate. The creators of Unlimited and Marvel at the time said it was, but the creators of TAS said it wasn't. Eventually Marvel gave in and said it was a divergent timeline. Regardless, he got the number wrong.

That and maybe I'm missing something but I just don't remember her romantically pining for Spidey. Sable's always been a very emotionally cold person so the "NO I LOVE YOU SPIDER-MAN" was nothing more than an out of nowhere cheap attempt by Slott to give her "death" some gravitas.

Shame about how awful that one shot from a week or two back was. I'd love a Silver Sable & The Wild Pack book if it just went full bore on '80s action movie schlock with violence, hot chicks, car chases, lots of use of night, explosions, dumb plots, wooden characters, A E S T H E T I C stuff all over the place, etc. I mean come on, Symkaria's a country whose economy runs on Sable's mercenary business, that's such a ridiculous concept that you can't not run with that to its most logical conclusion: that Silver Sable's life is one constant, cheesy '80s action film.

Eeeh, His art is a meh to me. His girls are too skinny for me

Look as skinny as the guy to me.

They need some of Aunt May's wheat cakes.