The moron that designed this suit legitimately thought Flash's powers were electricity based...

The moron that designed this suit legitimately thought Flash's powers were electricity based, so you have several cables around the suit, as if to flow the electrical current. That's the same reason why the lightning is blue, like actual electricity.
This is how much people know and have read about the characters in the Warner Bros studios. They have absolutely no idea what they are dealing with.
I guarantee you they don't even know what speedforce is.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gévaudan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_Accident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_Harbour_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Exmoor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_witch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event_in_popular_culture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>they don't even know what speedforce is.

Editorial sometimes doesn't either.

This explains the gold lightning bolts on his costume, it's an incredibly good conductor for the electricity that powers his speed.

Come to think of it I shouldn't even the insult the guy, it's not his fault. It's not the concept artist's job to read about the fucking character.

I wouldn't blame the person that designed the suit, I would blame the writers, as flash producing electricity is a major plot point.

Also discuss this on Sup Forums liveaction-faggot

But the speed force is just a vague power source that lets speed people do what they need without explaining. "It's a wizard did it." Type thing

Yeah, I'm still triggered that his lighting is blue instead of yellow.

I would, except they banned me for something retarded.
The concept of Flash and the speedforce is more of a Sup Forums thing anyway.

I know we like to joke about Chris Chan level complaints, but in this case its a valid nitpick. Blue lightning just clashes with Flash's color palette all around. Its a cool color, whereas yellow is energetic, vibrant, and compliments both his highlight color and theme. Moreover, the bullshit lightning around Barry is supposed to be otherworldly, and the Speedforce is about as non science as you can get, so trying to make it "realistic" with blue is even more stupid.

It's so it clashes more with the red lightning they'll give reverse flash.

Yeah, I just got banned too. Janitors have been itchy lately.

Fuck you, I liked this movie.

>still using this unfunny meme from a decade ago

Find someone new, you pathetic sperg.

I hate the idea of trying to implement realism in comic books or movies based on comic books. It's fucking comic books, their shouldn't have to be real world explanations on how Flash's powers work or anything like that.

And people who say "but x doesn't make sense so they have to try and make it seem plausible" are fucking stupid, I thought the point of fantasy and science fiction is that it's fantastic and beyond what would make sense in our boring fucking world.

No, the wires hold his suit together.

Oh yeah? Now ask yourself why, when everyone has armored suits that don't need to be held together.
The design is clearly meant to look like jury rigged electronics.

For me, there's a line. A good example would be say, I don't expect Barry to be wearing spandex on screen. However I wouldn't want the trainwreck we got because then the "realism" becomes self-sabotaging because his "armor" looks clunky as shit. If he was wearing something in the material similar to Avengers 1 Captain America, I'd be fine with it. The trick is knowing where suspension of disbelief is within tolerable limits

>It's fucking comic books, their shouldn't have to be real world explanations on how Flash's powers work or anything like that.

Hey Grant. By the way, I thought your run on Wonder Woman was complete shit.

Nah, it's supposed to look like he cobbled it together from a bunch of scraps from NASA or wherever. Flash suit is 148 pieces.

here's your culprit.

I wonder if Geoff Johns even is in the room when they discuss these things, or his name is just there to trick comic book fans.

>I thought the point of fantasy and science fiction is that it's fantastic and beyond what would make sense in our boring fucking world

>boring

Our world is pretty fucking horrifying.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gévaudan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_Accident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_Harbour_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Exmoor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_witch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly

>Avengers 1 Captain America,

the costume that to this day has been unrelentingly mocked by everyone as one of the worst MCU costumes?

wow, you're a bloody genius m8

>tripfag has bad taste
shocker

I said the material, not 1:1

The material moron, not the design.

You know what I mean. There is no need to try and apply real world logic in a universe filled with time travelers and telepathic gorillas.

But now that you've brought it up. I used to be obsessed with that Cicada 3301 shit, it terrified and fascinated me to no end.

>bad taste

>for a poorly thought out origin story of Wonder Woman and needlessly changing Steve Trevor's race even though the most masculine entity the amazon's ever knew was Hercules, refuting the idea Grant put forward for why he should be black, while also going for bland BDSM schtick with their little love affair, ignoring the fact that Amazon's likely would've had a caste system in place for breeders and laborers if they had enslaved males

Yea no, get better taste.

well it should be

Man of Steel made more money than Superman Returns. This is the man that saved DC movies.

>whereas yellow is energetic, vibrant
Things that have no place in a Snyder film. Put blue filters over the scenes with blue lightning so they can be double blue.

>There is no need to try and apply real world logic in a universe filled with time travelers and telepathic gorillas

It depends. Comic's can be an escape from reality, an interpretation of reality that either makes things nicer, or scarier, or it can offer comfort in the veneration of love, passion, human pathos, where the stories are less about the fantastic and more about the psychological and mythological to help us understand ourselves, humanity, the world around us, or to glimpse the world through someone elses eyes, perceiving it differently.

There's a lot more to fiction than you give it credit for. People didn't like The Modern Prometheus, or Dracula because "vampires were cool" or "resurrected corpses were scary", they raised ethical questions about science and relationships, or in the words of Wikipedia when explaining Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde
>"The novella is frequently interpreted as an examination of the duality of human nature, usually expressed as an inner struggle between good and evil, with variations such as human versus animal, civilization versus barbarism sometimes substituted, the main thrust being that of an essential inner struggle between the one and other, and that the failure to accept this tension results in evil, or barbarity, or animal violence, being projected onto others"

> it terrified and fascinated me to no end.

Then you'll love this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron

How mad are you that Whedon made more people like Superman in a couple weeks of reshoots and even with a handicap of bad cgi, than Snyder did in 4 years since he got Supes?

The wires are what really makes it shitty, they're too distracting. They make him look like a action figure that is still tied in the box.

>I guarantee you they don't even know what speedforce is.
He explains what it is IN the movie. You wanna try talking shot about something you actually know shit about for a change?

reading: so hard. He was specifically talking about the material.

>wow, you're a bloody genius m8
Wew laddie.

Where are you even getting that idea? The abysmal reviews, or the terrible financial performance?

>He explains what it is IN the movie. You wanna try talking shot about something you actually know shit about for a change?
Like knowing that wardrobe, special effects, and dialogue aren't handled by the same person?

You posted the wrong director.

Actually I'm pretty sure the cables are too hold it together

Lex wasn't joking when he said Black and Blue. These are the colors Snyder acknowledges, with the odd sepia tone here and there.

Must be the same WB executive that is obessed with jets and air combat scenes.

I'm holding out that in his solo film it turns Yellow due to him "controlling the speedforce" or some other such bullshit.

Best example is Ant Man. His mass doesn't change but he is able to ride on an ant and then two seconds later punch out a regular sized dude whilst small? Also his giant form somehow weighs enough to push a plane.

The explanation made no sense and should've been omitted.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event_in_popular_culture
>DC Comics has several different mentions of and explanations for the Tunguska event:
>In Justice League of America #199, the Lord of Time mentions the Tunguska event and notes that a little known similar event took place in the Grand Canyon.
>In Wonder Woman #324, the Tunguska event gets explained as an extraterrestrial craft crash, with the survivors emerging as the "gremlins".
>In Booster Gold #31, the time traveler protagonist of the series visits the place of the Tunguska event to be alone and clear his mind moments before the explosion.

I hate women with small tits.

>Marvel Comics has provided several mutually exclusive explanations for the Tunguska event (although they involve at least three different continuities):
>In a Doctor Druid 1995 mini-series, the event is related to a group of mystics (the "Dry Academy") and their plan to maintain a "world illusion". The Dry Academy is actually based in Tunguska.
>In a Marvel Comics trilogy of publications entitled Ultimate Nightmare (2004–2005), Ultimate Secret (2005), and Ultimate Extinction (2005), the Ultimate universe characters confront the mystery of the event, linking it to an alien encounter with the Ultimate version of Galactus. The explosion was caused by the arrival of Vision who came to Earth planning to warn humanity of the arrival of Galactus. Ultimate Nightmare #1 has moved the year of the Event as 1904 (four years off), and depicting it as leaving a rather large impact crater (it left none). According to the book's author, Warren Ellis, "The Tunguska event was in 1908 - I moved it forward on Ultimate Earth -as was essentially depicted in Ultimate Nightmare; an explosion over the Tunguska river area in Siberia of nuclear proportions..."[citation needed]
>In another Marvel Comics series, Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu (vol. 2), a MAX series, it was explained that Nikola Tesla was experimenting with ionizing the Earth's atmosphere and realized that his "scalar technology" could produce giant bolts of lightning around the globe. It was explained that Tesla was responsible for the Tunguska event in 1908, as a test run for his new weapon. Captain America: The Medusa Effect used a similar explanation.

>Avengers West Coast #87 had fragments of the Tunguska event as the source of power for Russian character "Morningstar".
>The Shadowline continuity explained the Event (in Critical Mass #2) as a result of the use of a vacuum effect from the weapon that a certain Knight of the Order of Saint George used against Doctor Zero.
>Marvel Two-in-One #34 explained the Event as a nuclear explosion caused by a crash landing from aliens.

Sure way to fuck continuity is explain a real life mystery with fictional characters.

>>whereas yellow is energetic, vibrant
>Things that have no place in a Snyder film. Put blue filters over the scenes with blue lightning so they can be double blue.
Even Pre-Whedon Flash had color