What was your first capshit show and how did affect your life? Say pic related when i was 12 and it got me into batman

What was your first capshit show and how did affect your life? Say pic related when i was 12 and it got me into batman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic related was my first capeshit show. Found re-runs of it online and it got me into comics. Started to buy collections and shit of Ditko Spidey, which got me through some pretty dark times in my teenage life. Stopped me from committing suicide, Spider-Man quite literally saved my life.

Started on this. Watched all those 90s superhero shows. Went online to read comics. Got into browsing forums and talking about Goku vs. Superman. Batgod. Older guys told me good comic books runs. I downloaded what I can. It's been an overall good experience.

Brave and The Bold was fucking huge for me while growing up. I was mostly a Marvel fan, loving the shit out of Spider-Man and X-Men and previously growing up watching X-Men Evolution but I was still a big Batman fan because of the Tim Burton films so naturally I watched Brave and The Bold and it awakened the hardcore DC fan in me.

BATB was my introduction to pretty much every DC character outside of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. It was great because it also gave me a huge interest in the history and lore of the DC Universe. I would look up and read about the characters introduced in every episode. It was then where I started to watch other DC cartoons like Justice League/Unlimited, Static Shock and of course, Batman TAS. I also started reading the actual comic books that were supplied by my school library. The first DC comics I read in full as a result was The Killing Joke and The Court of Owls #1.

BATB is the reason why I'm such a huge DC fan and I thank it for that. It also introduced me to the best version of Aquaman

Watched it for the very first time earlier this year.

Got me into capeshit in a way no DCAU crap ever could.

Same, got into BTAS and STAS when the hub aired them 5 years ago. Even though i prefer BTAS, BATB will always have a special place in my heart. Im a little bummed out its not on streaming anywhere, hopefully the DC streaming service will have it. I think my favorite first villain from batman was actually gentleman ghost. Now my favorite batman villain is the joker
Never watched it as ive been turned off by TTG, and from what ive seen the humor is cringey. Does it get good?

Spider Man, in the 80's. I was like 5. I managed to learn to actually read properly earlier than my classmates.

Mask of the Phantasm. I've kept an eye on capeshit stuff, but only watch/read things I find to be of particularly good quality.

>Never watched it as ive been turned off by TTG
TTG is fucking garbage and barely comparable
>from what ive seen the humor is cringey.
What have you seen? This isn't remotely like TTG, there's hardly a bad joke in the entire show (unless it's done on purpose by a certain character, of course).
>Does it get good?
If you don't like the first season finale, you probably won't like the show. Watch it until then

Gentleman Ghost was one of my favorite villains too, I loved his design and since I grew up loving Ghostbusters and Danny Phantom I loved anything having to do with ghosts.

I also loved The Eraser, he's so goofy that I can't help but love him and I always found his design very creative and fun to look at.

Also OG Teen Titans is very good, it tries a little too hard to be anime with the humor and stuff sometimes but it's not too distracting.

JL when I was 6, which I watched until its conclusion as JLU in 2006. It didn't do much for me at the time in terms of wider capeshit. I just thought it was an enjoyable ensemble action-adventure show.

Until I was a teenager the entirety of my capeshit that wasn't JL/JLU was Spider-Man. I loved the movies and the tie-in games. As well as the toys and original games (2000 Spider-Man was a far bigger part of my childhood than any capeshit show). I didn't watch much from the animated shows.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says.
youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA

>we will never get anything as kino as the music meister episode ever again

underage ban.

I forgot about eraser till recently and i legit think he looks cool. Other ones i really loved on there were starro, the brain, enox or what ever the duality guy was, scarecrow, and clock king
I guess beast boy wasnt really funny, but ill give it a second chance because ive wanted to fuck starfire since i was 8 plus it has killer moth, deathstroke, and the brain so atleast some of its villains are bound to be good

I watched Batman TAS and X-men TAS at the same time, and both were my gate way into comics. I started DC much earlier, and picked up JLI because Batman was there, and since then I've been a sucker for team books between JL, X-men, Excalibur, Outsiders, New Mutants, and a bit of Busiek Avengers. My favorite of the bunch being the original run of Excalibur and Joe Kelly's JL.

I watched B:TAS, like most, and while I liked it a lot, it didn't really got me into capeshit. It wasn't until TSSM came out that I became fascinated and started to watch old and new superhero cartoons, as well as read comics.

I was 12 in 2008 faggot. Im 21 now

I was gonna yell at you for being an underage faggot, but then I realized this was first released in 2008 but it felt like yesterday and now I’m having a breakdown so thanks.

You guys are making me feel old.

>obsessively watch box sets of vol1/vol3 of BTAS as a kid was
>homeschooled so I binge watched
>start contextualizing life as a TV show, still do
>listen to commentaries on DvDs want to be a big boy boarder like bruce timm
>fail out of art school because all I do is talk
Fuck

The OG Teen Titans version of Killer Moth was great. Since I watched Brave and The Bold before Teen Titans I was confused why he was a huge moth creature but I found him awesome anyways.

However I did find it kind of disappointing that he wasn't a mad scientist type character that committed crimes with giant mutant moths he created like BATB and Teen Titans made him out to be when I looked deeper into him and his history in the comics.

My disappointment with Moth rivaled my disappointment with Red Hood when I found out he was the second Robin resurrected as a gun-toting vigilante rather then a good version of The Joker from an alternate Earth. I found the BATB version why more interesting then Jason Todd as a pre-teen.

I learned to appreciate Jason Todd and his story of course but Red Hood from BATB is still fucking class and I still really like the silver age Red Hood design, red dome and all.

Damn I don't actually remember what was the first superhero cartoon I watched. Maybe it was that one with the twins who could transform into things.

Joker still was red hood, abiet only as a villain. By the way that episode was based, i was always disapointed they didnt make enough merch of that show as id love to have had a red hood figure in middle school and i was super bummed out when they were going to make a gentleman ghost figure but cancelled it.

Also forgot about chemo, i fucking loved him when he i saw him years ago

X-Men TAS

I used to have X-Men themed parties where my mom would paint our faces to look like Wolverine and Cyclops.

You mean the Wonder Twins?

Yeah. I think I was about 3 or 4 years old when I first watched that and the Superfriends cartoon

The wonder twins were on the superfriends show, user

>Joker still was red hood, abiet only as a villain

Well sure I knew that even back then too. I read up on Red Hood after seeing the episode as that's what I always did after seeing new episodes and I learned he was an identity Joker picked up as part of one of his schemes in the Silver Age, then it was made into part of his back story in Killing Joke then it became Jason Todd's new identity. I found the history of it interesting but I still found it disappointing it wasn't the good version of Joker from Earth-3.

Of course the episode also introduced me to Earth-3 and the Crime Syndicate of America. I don't want to sound stuck up here but I think I knew more about DC comics and it's lore then anyone else at my age just because of the amount of research I put into after watching each episode of Brave and The Bold.

The Metal Men unironically became one of my favorite DC heroes after watching that episode, I found Chemo and The Gas Gang really cool villains too, still do.

Im one of those faggots who really likes the villains more and only has a few superheros that i really love as characters, so i havent read anything about the metal men. I just remember them from the show. I still think about chemo alot though, as he was one of my first favorite super villains purely for design alone. I guess one negative thing about BATB was i didnt learn much about alot of the villains, so i mostly liked alot of them because they looked cool or had a cool concept. One good thing that show did was make me love a version of aquaman.

Bump