ITT: Post Tropes You Hate V3: Comics And Cartoons edition

ITT: post tropes you despise present in Comics And Cartoons.

And remember to ignore whiny pussies, anyone that tries to ham-fistedly shame you for not liking a certain trope or feminism, and anyone that claims this thread belongs elsewhere in an attempt to get it out of Sup Forumsmblr. In other words, feminists. Ignore the feminists and just post tropes you despise.

Previous thread:

>some 'creepy' guy with a knife or other horror movie weapon being treated as scarier by characters in-universe than some guy that could end the world with a giant magic blast if he wanted.
>especially if these heroes usually face world-ending threats every few weeks, and have no reason to find some mediocre mortal or low-tier trash more terrifying than Satan The Destructor.

When this gets locked, make this the new thread's image. also

>some villain makes an android that can copy the heroes powers
>or better yet, an army of them
>metal machines are somehow suddenly able to replicate abilities that supposedly come from mutations, magic, alien physiology, and magical/alien items by glancing at the heroes
>heroes beat the robots somehow and never even consider analyzing the parts to create their own power-copying androids, or make handheld weapons that fire superman's heat-vision, or give that power-copying capability to any android teammates

>some user keeps making the same thread where the same people post the same shit every time

>>some 'creepy' guy with a knife or other horror movie weapon being treated as scarier by characters in-universe than some guy that could end the world with a giant magic blast if he wanted.

You mean how some people get frightened by slasher villains even though we have guys who could end the world with a giant nuclear missile if he wanted? That's not how horror works, pal.

long hiatuses with no communication from the studio producing a series, except for the occasional teaser for an 11 minute episode that won't be aired for another 6 months.

>some people
>from this planet
>not noticing the term "in universe"

If Superman regularly beats the shit out of a giant invincible grey demon man whose only reason to live is smash shit up and piss people off, WITHOUT FEAR, then he has no business considering some two-bit punk with a machete scary.

Yes, in our world, you're more likely to be stabbed by a punk than die in a nuclear war that goes hot.

In their world, you're more likely to be torn in half or burned to death or frozen and shattered with a single punch or turned into a fucking cookie and eaten than you are to be stabbed by a punk.

or
>superpowers get turned off advanced tech stops working for no reason
>aliens lose their natural abilities
>magic stops working too

but y tho?

Battle of the sexes episode where everyone acts out of character just to get a point across.

>character is revealed to have/obtains super powers
>friends find out
>they are all just happy for their friend
>not a single one has any trace of jealousy

>battle of the sexes episode where everything gross and icky is relegated to boys and everything nice and magical is relegated to girls
>battle of the sexes episode where girls win
>battle of the sexes episode where the girls are about to win but then the heroic tomboy joins the boys team and wins
>battle of the sexes episode where it's evil girl vs heroic boy and nobody considers them unfit champions for their gender

literally the only time I ever saw this done remotely well was this old show called Chaotic, it's like someone tried to combine Yugioh and Pokemon to make something just as marketable. Cards let you turn into monsters and fight other players in hologram arenas, with some extra cards giving you items or stat boosts to use in the fight. The dumbest hero on the four-man crew and the one evil scammer villain got into a fight that suddenly became about gender, the heroic girl thought the whole thing was stupid while watching it all on TV with her friends, and while the hero won, he won using female monsters and the female villain lost using male monsters. At the end of the episode, they openly wonder what that meant, and have no idea.

>character has an accident /crash off screen
>no random cat screech
This is the one trope in the world that never ever ever gets old and every time it isn't used I get visibly upset

I've seen that averted. Incredibles is a loose example.

>Female Villain
>Isn't allowed to actually be evil of her own accord
>Has a tragic backstory that may or may not involve her being evil because a man hurt her
>Gets off easy as opposed to male villains

>Thing that doesn't normally fly through air flies through air
>Pilot or dude on plane sees it
>That's the entire joke

This and
>Out of a group of villains it's always the girl that pulls off a heel face turn

Oh god this one's terrible

Horror is psychological, it doesn't simply come down to "can x kill me? then i'm scared"

I know ghosts don't even exist let alone capable of harming me, but they still scare me.

I've never seen a good battle of the sexes episode, most of them just come down to
>girls do shopping xdd and also talk
>boys r lazy

>Character is cooking a casual meal
>The character is wearing a chef's hat while cooking it

>it's a "here fights other hero just cause" episode

>The villain decides to do something unbelievably stupid for no reason other than being EVIL
.even if they normally don't do such dumb things

i like this one

It can work if it's played as a joke that they dress in an unnecessarily over the top manner.

Getting real sick of it.

>Doopleganger episode.
>There are almost no difference between the characters.
>Doopleganger is way more loved than the original character despite acting the same.

>”I’m going to take your life and make it mine!”

>doppleganger clearly doesn't act the same
>fucks up a lot
>isn't played as a joke but seriously

>protagonist and antagonist are about to fight each other
>protagonist and antagonist have previously fought each other before
>protagonist is an overconfident piece of shit
>"I defeated you before, and I can do it again!"

>main girls knows martial arts just to show how empowered she is

>Introduce new character that joins the protagonists group/friends after the first season
>its a fanboy of the group and has no personality other than OH MY GOD ITS YOU GUYS
Please die if you put this trope in your show.

This, they exist only to poorly work in nods to the show fandom. Usually terrible nods.

>villain gets item of ultimate power
>uses the fuck out of it
>hero gets item of ultimate power
>learns a lesson not to use the power

>the villain is a million times more sympathetic than the "heroes"
>we're still supposed to root for the annoying protagonist

Don't know if this is a trope. It has more to do with the audience
>little kid swears or says some inuendo audience laughs
>Older senior citizen does the same audience laughs
>gruff hard edge character says something heartfelt or beautiful. Audience laughs
Fockin Logan was the worst theatre experience

That gag really annoyed me in Superman the movie. It was too slow paced and should've ended after
>Fly...Just.....Fly

>doppelganger episode
>main character's life is shit so he lets the doppelganger have it
>main character commits a crime and the doppelganger gets arrested

>Main girl uses her hair pin as a lock pick
>main girl can mix chemicals from her make up into a bomb
>main girl is a hacker

Reminds me
>small guy has deep black voice

>the smartest kid is black or indian

>It's a medium featuring pirates
>character is obviously supposed to be Yag Sbarro

>medium featuring Superhero team
>obviously Superfriends or 60's Batman.

>Thing happen in a story that are unrealistic by their nature and wacky shenanigans happen that follow those events to their logical conclusion

>character pretty obviously dies
>dramtic moment and everybody's sad
>later turn out to be perfectly fine with no explanation

Let me guess, the Dreamstone?

That too, but I recently rewatched the Rankin Bass Frosty the snowman

To be fair he didn'y ask nicely If i recall. And didn't he find that the hat was magic and wanted it even more?
But yea those kids needed to grow up.

>Female appears once in a male oriented show
>Gets more fanart and r34 than anyone else

He threw his hat away initially cause he got laughed out of the room for being a shitty magician. Then the wind swept it away and the rotten kids stole it.
Though yeah he just said ""Don't talk back to your elders" as an excuse to take it back. Course later on dude goes full maniac and locks them in a terrarium where frosty melts to death but he starts out sane.

Then you’ll hate GokaiSilver in Gokaiger because that’s literally him.

Huh. Kind of a jarring juxtaposition to Rudolph if you think about it

Yeah, Hinkle goes full schizoid during the film, starting as a sane jerk, progressing to a slightly manic man to riding on the underside of a train just to hunt down the snow demon who stole his hat then killing him in cold blood.

The special is more brutal than I remembered.

>> let's obstruct the heroes on their mission because reasons.
>> let's hire people of questionable moralities to work for us because reasons.
>> ignore the villains who about to destroy a city and go after the heroes because reasons.

Lawful stupidity is hell.

>Protagonist is an ulikeable daft cunt
>Antagonist is likeable
>Protagonist uses their powers to fuck around
>”(insert characters name here) you shouldn’t be using your powers like that!”
>Monster of the week show where the Protagonist gets a brand new power up after stronger enemy curb stomped them
>still uses it to take out mooks and lesser enemies
>still gets curb stomped by main bad guy

Since we're on topic
>christmas special where Santa has inexplicable powers like talking to rabbits or raising the dead like he's silver age superman

this could be played well if the protagonists later learn that the antagonist was right

A character who's usually overtly kind and friendly even to murderous villains, suddenly goes berserk when someone expresses an opinion the writer disagrees with.

At least he's actually useful compared to the usual fanboy character

>guys punch things
>girls do flip kicks

>cute little girl
>turns into a demon if something gets mucked up
Panini, Unikitty, NuBubbles, NuStarfire, and every piece of tail in a Dan Schneider Sitcom

>I define feminism as anyone who disagrees with me or hurts my feelings.
That was obvious already, but thanks for admitting it.

>Episode ends with bad gay getting an humiliating punishment and the heroes laugh at him

>It's a "Be yourself" episode
>The character looked better while trying to be different from its real self

>Competition episode
>Main character is obviously going to win
>He loses
>He admits he lost on purpose because the other competitor needed the prize more than him

>Character gets some magic/technologic doohickey that makes him better at something
>Almost wins a competition with the power
>He rejects it at the last second because it's cheating and comes second place

>character inexplicably comes to life constantly whenever they die
It's become a character trait at this point for some

>Dan Schneider
Is it funny how 4chans discussion of Dan Schneider has devolved into a pedophile meme?

No one ever said that, Itt, friend. Nice fruedian Slipm

>Child characters sound like they're in their late 30s because the voice director couldn't be arsed to find someone who sounds even remotely convincingly childlike

>liar revealed story

>one character seems to embody the 7 deadly sins among the heroes
>used an an aesop device every fucking episode
>food episode
>one character eats 5 chips
>suddenly sumo wrestler sized

That art is crap but god Maria Hill is hot.

It depends of how the joke goes:
>Pilot is silently surprised and does a reaction towards the camera
Sucks
>Pilot shrugs it off as completely normal or tries to ignore it.
Is great, considering the frequency pilots see weird things in flights and are told not to comment on it for PR reasons.

>The strong guy on the team gets his ass kicked every episode just to show "violence isn't the answer" or that the new threat is strong as hell guys
At some point it makes them look weak as shit.

You're missing the point.

Ghosts scare you because they might exist. And do you know what? A deadly ghost with sharp claws or horrible eldritch powers will be far fucking scarier than the whiny ghost of some weak mortal demanding you give him money before he stabs you.

It's a scaling thing that doesn't exist in our world, but WOULD exist in THEIRS. Their world has clearly-defined power tiers and some street thug with no powers would be far, far below the levels of everyone else's foes. Batman would probably be laughed at in a more sense-making DC world for not just using his superspeed to tie the Joker up and put him in the Null Void.

>characters based on 7 deadly sins
>lust is a beautiful woman instead of a rapist

That's Cynder, the girl from Spyro. I heard they gave Spyro a shit tv show where he gives girls dick pics and the whole thing is supposedly paced like an 11-minute episode despite being 55 minute episodes, but... tell me they didn't turn Cynder into that.

>Batman
> superspeed

Nobody mentioned pedophilia but in retrospect, it was pretty obvious that he would turn out to be one.

Also, if the obligatory bitchy "Cute little girl" doesn't have some kind of blackmail material or superpower, no grown person has any business not just recording that bitch going apeshit and putting it online, THEN showing the parent.

Wait in this universe do people know Batman's a low-tier powerless punchy kicky bomb-throwy guy, or does everyone have their own theories as to what this incredible shadowy demigod who's besties with fucking Superman of all people can actually do?

As boring as it would be, I actually want an episode where The Flash gives Batman a birthday surprise by arresting every single currently-released crook and villain and throwing them in different prisons, the worst ones like The Joker going into the Null Void.

Sure, it's cool that Batman can beat up these supervillains and save most of the people they endanger, but Superman or The Flash could solo pretty much all of Gotham as long as plot-induced stupidity doesn't get in the way.

But that isn't really the discussion here...

Imagine Superman, who just finished kicking Darkseid's ass, getting nervous at the thought of being hunted down in a cabin in the woods by The Joker. He has powers, he can laser-vision stuff and x-ray vision stuff and hear Joker's heartbeat coming, he has no reason to be scared.

Wow! You guys have had 53 threads!?

>a group of people shit on a particular individual because that individual is their scapegoat for whatever shitty and retarded reason.
>the victim finally can't take it anymore and leave or even die due to the pressure.
>the same group of assholes pick another victim to fulfill the role of scapegoat and never realize what kind of assholes they are.

So you're railing against a trope you came up with yourself and has never existed outside your mind. Can you shut up now, you god damned retard?

>buttmonkey gets his own episode
>shows he puts in hard work possibly more than the team
>the end of the episode the other team doesn't acknowledge his efforts and crap on him
>buttmonkey just accepts it

Well, to be fair, most slasher villains are supernatural or immortal. So, if we're to assume what you're talking about is a parody of say Michael Myers or Jason, they're basically super powered characters anyway

>Male character clearly has crush on female character
>Female character is aware but uninterested (or seemingly uninterested)
>Instead of saying she's uninterested she proceeds to lead male character on continuously fucking with his feelings
>Male character continues to pursue feeling like he has a chance
>We're supposed to see male character as 'creepy' and 'stupid' and female character as 'tortured' and 'kind'

I absolutely loathe this trope. It's especially annoying if the situation is never resolved.

>Virgin is in love with Stacy
>Stacy is dating an abusive Chad
>Stacy is really into virgins

>buttmonkey has enough
>switches sides and points out after he does so that he did it because the heroes treated him like shit
>heroes act betrayed
>0 lessons learned

and this is how Enters are created.

bonus points if the main character only won by the fucking skin of their teeth last time

>Characters fighting with ranged weapons (guns/bows&arrows/magick/etc.)
>"Baddass" fight scene
>They show the two shooting excessive amounts of bullets/magic/whatever
>They both miss every shot
>They both were only a couple feet away

>Character screams and chimps out over the smallest things
>All the time

>character never gets called out or punished for it

>characters have ranged weapons
>moron charges with melee weapon
>makes it into melee range somehow
>easily killed enemies with guns

>child character is supposed to have an angelic voice
>does vocal shakes like Beyonce singing the national anthem
>sounds like Sinatra in auto tune if he were kicked in the nards.

>hey i'm guy
>wow a girl
>we're in love now no matter how little sense it makes

>something something daphne from what's new scooby doo

literally the only bad part of that show

maybe if dan schneider wasn't a pedophile meme we wouldn't

cynder became a fangirl for one episode and on the other episodes she wasnt even a character,rather, a plot device

>Female "funny" character screams all the time in a high pitched voice.

My poor ears.

>Smart black character(hacker or scientist) has an afro.

>character A tries to do something for hard to impress easily angered character B
>Character B looks like he's about yell at character A
>says something nice instead

>"do you like it?"
>no
>gasp
>I LOVE IT

happens a lot in real life. Women can always tell when some creep is lusting over them, but they'll never say anything

>writers don't know how to handle a character so they just get written out in a bullshit manner and never return

This bugs me every year
>christmas special
>kid sacrifices his own gifts and happines for the sake of someone else's
>basically has nothing
>somehow gets exactly what he asked for in the end
>yet somehow the message is still give not get
Stop having your cake and eating it

I'd say GokaiSilver is okay cause y'know, first of all Gokaiger is already built on references to previous sentai so having a sentai fanboy kind of works, second of all there's been so many 6th rangers before him it's a twist on the formula.

Plus he's actually useful.

>this character believes in conspiracy theories
>so he believes in ALL the conspiracy theories ever
>he's only occasionally allowed to be right
>and for every one thing he's right about, he has to be wrong about at least three other things. typically by mentioning some wrong things he believes in right after one of these theories(martian moon base, alien president, the FBI training and hiring ninjas) turns out to be right