Thoughts on western animation created/directed by women?

Thoughts on western animation created/directed by women?

They all look terrible

just as hit and miss as male directed stuff

Drives me to support WW3.

Sucks
Good
Sucks
havent seen it
good
havent seen it

Waifus, Waifus, Waifus, never heard of it, Waifus, utter shit

4 out of 6, so good for me.

Star vs is okay
Tweleve forever might be good

The character is queer.

Kung Fu Panda 2 is the only good one out of everything listed though.

Further proof that women can't make good comedy.

The show is also made by the same lady who worked on the PPG reboot

>Braceface had female writers and show runners
>Still had episodes like Busted, Miami Vices, Mommy Nearest, etc.

>Frozen
Overhyped but good
>Steven
Wasted potential, weakly tries to rely on its brand identity while simultaneously using the "it doesn't get enough network attention" excuse
>Star
Good, not for me though. Shame it got ruined by shippingfags
>Danger and Eggs
Fuck no
>Twelve Forever
See Danger and Eggs
>Summer Camp Island
It looks like a little kids' show but it feels like an Adventure Time ripoff, good I guess for what Cartoon Network monetarily wants but will 99% chance be forgotten

aaaaaaannnnnnd dropped

Trash.

4 are outright terrible and three have been shitspammed to the point many of us are going to think its terrible regardless of quality

I have a problem when they push this awful art style to force you to know that it was created by women, like that Revolution 60 looking girl in the bottom middle. Nothing wrong with having a feminine style, just don't fucking try so hard. Pepper Ann did it better 20 years ago.

Also, like we need another thin outlined CalArts show on Cartoon Network. And do the elphants have to be Jewish? ffs

women gets too much free pass when they suck at art, all those show look terrible.

There isn't much difference between shows created by males versus shows created by females.

As one user put it so well, people don't write with their dicks or vaginas; they write with their assholes.

physically hurt to look at

The artstyles look so bad.

I thought frozen was more original than the basic disney princess movie
I genuinely enjoy steven universe
I watch Star vs ironically
>amazon
>netflix
whatever that last one is

and?

Steven Universe is good. It's original and works with a lot of more mature topics when it comes to the characters and plot. Rebecca is smarter and more talented than most of the other show runners at CN, her giving so much freedom to her storyboarders is what makes SU miss it's potential to be great.
Star Vs is the only other thing that's watchable. Twelve Forever and that show that looks like it was drawn by babies are garbage so far.

>Steven Universe
>better than Star Vs
I'm an SU fan and even I'm offended. Also there is literally no telling if Twelve Forever will be good or not at this point.

SU got a better cast than Star vs, Star vs only make you care for Star and Marco, the others characters will only get 2/3 episodes per season where the story is actually more focused on star than them.

Star vs villains are far better though.

Many sources boast that she worked on "The Powerpuff Girls" without specifying it's the 2016 version, like they want to mislead people on purpose.

>Will watch
Summer camp
>didn't saw
Danger Eggs
>Dropped
everything else

I'd argue Star vs has better characters, just a bad habit of giving them meager screen time, so you still have a point but I still prefer Star vs.

If the claims of Reggie being queer are actually substantial and end up being more than just a nudge and a wink, I'm afraid to see what trainwreck this turns out to be.

Star vs is trash. Twelve forever is ok. Steven Universe is ok. Haven't seen the rest.

I don't think it deserves to be THIS overwhelmingly popular but still good
Flawed but good
Really good
Never even heard of it
Optimstic
I don't even understand how it could work as a show

>Awful and overrated
>Awful
>Awful and overrated
>Literally who?
>The girl acts like a cross between Johnny Test and Mable
>The animation is too horrendous for me to look over anything else and this is coming from someone who gave Problem Solverz a chance

>not mentioning Sita Sings the Blues
>not mentioning Rocks in My Pockets
>not mentioning Loving Vincent
>not mentioning The Breadwinner

>ITT anons complain about art style
You guys act like you can do any better. You'll just sit here and complain then have waifus about them.

>The girl
Creator says the entire show is about the girl realizing she's some genderqueer attention whore just like the creator

The examples vary from amazing to godawful. It's almost as if women are different from each other just like men, and that the gender of the creator doesn't define the show's quality.

I have discarded all of your opinions based purely on your terrible text usage.

"Queer" as in gay or queer as in "non-binary"?

Only one of the six was SU and dropped it because the show's actual plot is buried under boring as slice of shit episodes

Which shows are the amazing ones?

The writer called her a "queer girl"

She wrote the infamous transgender unicorn episode.

>Frozen
Ick

>Steven Universe
Fucking Disgusting

>Star Vs
One if my favorite cartoons this decade, good

>Danger and Eggs
Absolutely fucking horrible and sinful, never again

>Twelve Forever
Just boring, fucking boring. Don't see why Netflix had to have it

>Summer Camp Island
About to watch the pilot right now.

Same as most other anons here.
>Steven Universe
Started okay, turned to shit after they ret-conned the cluster, now is a dumpster fire of meh plot episodes and absolutely horrid slice of life episodes.
>Star vs
Pretty good, mixed reactions on season 3, but things seem to be picking up. if you pick it up try to watch it in a schedule that will bring you to the end of the hiatus in march.
>everything else
haven't seen

>Summer Camp Island
>About to watch the pilot right now.
Oh boy

"A writer" said that and that comment was removed. Honestly I would want the comment removed too if the main draw of the show isn't that she is queer but the main draw is an interesting premise than I want to lead with that foot.

Hardly any different than anything made by men. Both are capable of being good, bad, or preachy.
What's Danger and Eggs like?

>forgetting Xiaolin Showdown

>he cares about the townies

>Frozen
>Danger and Eggs
Haven't seen it
>Twelve forever
Pilot was meh, but let's wait for the actual series
>that show in right lower corner
Garbage, style is AT ripoff
>Star Vs
>Steven
Unfocused garbage.Star Vs takes nothing seriously, and SU is just borefest. R34 is the best thing to come out of both of these shows.

>Frozen
Overrated as all hell, don't understand why.

>Steven Universe
Good early on, is total shit now. Revolting fanbase

>Star Vs
Pretty damn good

Haven't seen the other three and don't intend to.

Half of these suck and it's not because women suck, it's because the industry has low standards and only hires people willing to comply with their constant meddling.

More than half the toons airing right now suck, regardless of gender, for that very reason. Industry doesn't allow for actual talent. It's why no one on SU can keep up with Sugar's basic fucking drawing abilities, and this was AFTER she redesigned the characters to be simpler.

This is what I'm talking about, that shit scares me. I hate that everything has a face. It terrifies me.

A bit here too, especially if you consider implications (one of which is highlighted when he is about to eat marshmallow)

shit...

>weakly tries to rely on its brand identity while simultaneously using the "it doesn't get enough network attention" excuse
Only the fans do that.

How was the Cluster retconned?

not my cup of tea, but it certainly has its qualities
Many flaws, has some good things to it despite what the hivemind says
Quality ass show the constant ship tease is somewhat annoying, but to me it feels like there's a balance.
Haven't watched it all can't judge it.
Brand fucking new the pilot is interesting.
Haven't seen it yet.

Can anyone explain why Star Vs is good?
People keep praising it to the heavens in this thread but it doesn’t seem different from other shows currently airing.

Its like a version of SU but with no sing-alongs and a sense for pacing, focus, and subtlty. First 7ish episodes give a bad first impression, though

it's got waifus so Sup Forums loves it by default
antagonists get interesting after the first season, character interactions are usually pretty funny, interesting lore that doesn't take itself too seriously, when it does go for the heartstrings (rarely) it's pretty good at that

it's been kind of bogged down by the shipbaiting last season

>Its like a version of SU but with no sing-alongs and a sense for pacing, focus, and subtlty.
Outside of being magical girl shows, Star Vs and SU are nothing alike.
And how is Star subtler.

>pacing, focus
I feel like the payoff with Miss Heinous shouldn’t come so late. It was set up in the first season but nothing came off it until

>antagonists get interesting after the first season,
They did until one was blown up and the other one fucked off to who knows where.

>antagonists get interesting after the first season
absolute comedy at this point
>antagonist acts in the last 2 episodes of season 1 and 2
Seriously starvs fags are autistic at this point
S2/S3 is teen drama stuff and the "big bad guy" , Eclipsa , is just there chillin.
Still the plot is in the sidelines because ITS ROMANCE TIME XDDD

Is that rat person hybrid cartoon any good? I know that was made by a woman

For a show that’s called “SU but better”, Star is running into the same problems SU faced in S4.

yeah, i'd kill for another ludo in the wild desu

you sure like to use 'at this point' a lot

breather eps are fine, i think they're trying to go with a more betrayal-esque angle for eclipsa this time around rather than jumping straight into antagonism and that's alright, but i agree the romantic dodecahedron could be toned down a bit

Frozen is ok and most of its problems are obviously from all the rewrites. For the first time in forever is a god tier song (I say the same thing about this day aria though so maybe I just like duets showing differing perspectives on an event)
Steven universe started out good but the people making it clearly have no fucking idea what they are doing and it just went downhill.
Star vs could have been great if the mc was less annoying.
12 forever is trash at its core philosophy
Haven't seen any of the other two.

I'll tell you my opinion on it, i like watching Star vs because of the overall world is interesting, the history I find particularly neat, it's hinted at here and there the culture the fantasy world has also has alot of unanswered questions.
At its core its a magical girl adventure story, early season 1 is more awkward alien girl tries to earth but with magic, that has its novelty and is nice for a silly watch plot starts to pick up later on if relationship drama isn't your thing that's fine not exactly mine either but at least it helps develops the characters.

Star doesn't need to have characters cry obnoxiously to have emotional conflict. Things also aren't spoon fed to the audience as often. I don't think SU could even work with characters as quiet Toffee or as obtuse as Glossaryck.

>Western female writers make garbage that cares more about virtue signaling than being good
>Japanese female writers have been behind some of the most well received shows in the medium
Why is this?

>Star doesn't need to have characters cry obnoxiously to have emotional conflict.
No, Star just resorts to shipping drama for that.

>Japanese female writers have been behind some of the most well received shows in the medium
Isn’t it mostly just shonen and shojo shit?

Yeah but that shit is still held in high regard, FMA is considered on many lists to be one of the top 5 manga ever written, and Brotherhood often in the top 5 anime.

>Things also aren't spoon fed to the audience as often.
When hasn’t Star Vs spoon fed?
> I don't think SU could even work with characters as quiet Toffee or as obtuse as Glossaryck.
Literally what.

user, I don’t top 5 lists from websites are a good indication of things being held in high regard.

Every little aspect of every character's motivation is spelled out in SU as soon and as obvously as possible. "Why won't you let me do this for you Rose?" "I won't let you remind me of everything i hate about myself!" SU tells instead of showing.
Meanwhile, in Star vs, Toffee just says "i'm not like ludo" in the end of season 1 and you don't get to find out his motivations until season 3.

KFP2 is the second best of the trilogy, miiiiiles ahead of KFP3

FMA is actually held in high regard. Even the elitists on Sup Forums barely shit on it.

No.

>Thoughts on western animation created/directed by women
That bothering to say a woman created it is immediately casting a genderwar shade over it like it's a competetion. Judge the cartoon for the quality, not the creator's dangly bits.

And say what you want, but SU's backgrounds are good. Myself, I like SvtFoE.

i'm glad there's more cartoons for girls, they're different and cool

>Tfw fucking Charlie Kaufman was a script doctor on this

I mean, man's gotta eat between making those arthouse films

Becky Primm is an absolute gem in this shit era and doesn't belong on that list.

>Danger and Egg
the only thing good about this show
is how fuckable the egg is
everything else about it is shit

That Hamilton animatic is so good it's haunting. Got the song stuck in my head so much I hate it now.

Today I learned Star vs. fans are super salty about Steven Universe for some reason. Why can't we all just get along?

I hate that artist's obsession with stock-expressions. There's zero subtlety or character to them.

I only care about Star Vs. I don't even know half of the cartoons in that image.

You mean the ones that look like something you'd find on a tumblr expression grid? Yeah, they're unoriginal, but they get the message across.

Frozen was good. SU was good (was). Star Vs is good. I've never heard of danger and eggs. Twelve Forever looks...watchable. Oscar and Hedgehog is cute but I really can't see it actually going anywhere.

It's also a one man show made by a man so I'm not sure what the agenda is here.

>I really can't see it actually going anywhere.
That show is going to be the suffering one , already i can tell.

It’s really nothing special, especially when this really isn’t a shit era.
Technically, it’s a series of animatics.

Man it already is. Took Adventure time 5 seasons to get where this thing is in the pilot.

God Summer Camp Island is ugly

I'm not huge into SU but Star is worse by a lot

SU isn't consistent but it can produce some really good episodes, but Star is pretty consistently eh and I hate it's humor