Awful Art

Post horrible art.

How do faces work?

Every single page from Lazarus.

holy shit

Does Rob count as cheating?

Everyone knows fun bendy arms come with the force.

That's look even worse than the awful justice league movie comics

Is America cheating? Where is the light coming from here?

Literally me.

Who’s ever does the coloring should be fired.

Is this real? My brain is rejecting it.

If I were an editor and an artist handed this to me for publication, I would laugh in their face and tear it in half.

One of Marvel's Top Sellers with Top Talent people.

Marvel used to have an entire team of artists in the bullpen who did last minute cleanup but realistically their ONLY standard at present is "turned in on time"

is this real?

Backs are a mystery

It is, I was wrong, it was from Star Wars #38, not #28. I see Jeor Mormont from GoT in there as the old man.
Salvador Larroca has become one of the laziest "artists" ever

Do they just draw around photos? Also why is the guy with an eye patch hide the pain Harold?

looks a little like Bruce Campbell

Greg Land thread?

That's not Land though

That's Larroca, same guy as in the Star Wars pages.

The latest Aquaman Anual had some really bad art

looks fine
>muh faces

t. hitler

We know you drew bedroom eyes on Snagglepuss and posted it to twitter in response to that.

Did that come out? Are there two Snagglepuss comics or something? I saw a preview the other day for an upcoming issue and the art was completely different.

that's from the sneak peek/prologue, the preview is from the actual comic

is an 8 page back up from months ago

The other art is for the mini that comes out in a few weeks

Thanks, will check out that prologue then.

Why was that posted here anyway? If you want bad animal character art, see pic related.

>We need to go wider

Mr Snaggle-whatever
you can't call yourself a cultural icon when nobody had given a fuck about you in 40 years

having my two favorite artists, Steve Dillon and JRJR, considered bad by many normies makes me really sad

They're still trying to figure that one out.

forgot image

There is nothing extremely terrible about these images. They are not pinnacles of art but they are nothing to vomit about.

These are very bad things to be properly disgusted by.

As a guy who likes a lot of 90s art I feel ya

he's a cultural icon in the context of the comic

I'm convinced 90% of the artists who draw Rocket have never actually seen a raccoon before.

In universe, user. He's a celebrity in the book.

Dillon and JRJR can be great, but they can also be really terrible

Justice League: Dark wasn't the worst use of poser that I've seen (that would be some Deodato stuff), but it is still lazy. I'm having a hard time going through the first issues to find a really bad page.

the dark horse terminator comics were dope so i bought the T2 adaptation that for some reason marvel did and uh...

>JLDark was fine
>Grayson was fine
>Batman is some of the worst shit put to page
it's a weird feeling to look forward to Finch art

Are you blind? JLD is by far his worst work.

It baffles me that anyone pays money for this trash. Fucking Star Wars fans.

not even remotely. WOJAR alone was infinitely worse than anything he's ever done.

all comic book art is inherently bad

you can still enjoy it though

explain your reasoning

Does Finch use 3D modelling? Some of his stuff looks very stiff (like some of his WW), but he seems to hide it well with Batman

Finch mostly hand-draws, I think

(you)

I liked Deodato in Thunderbolts

I dig it desu

What the fuck happened to Michael Lark?

>McManus is proto-Liefeld while working for Marvel (he never pencilled interiors for them though)

I think Max Fiumara's art style is not suited to superhero comics.

You mean Janin. Also David Finch is a meme.

Where are volcano neck wolverine or T-Rex hands wolverine?

Such a cool moment ruined by Lukes face.

Uh no, JLD is mediocre tracing but his Batman traces are downright bad. Like in JLD it looks like he made an effort to conceal the tracing but in Batman he is so rushed from double shipping that he doesn't give a shit.

This art is fucking fantastic. I fucking hate you all. You normie retards should just stick with your image comic furry shit.

Yeah, I know that Janin did JLD. I said that Deodato is worse than him at using posing programs.

Get some taste dude. One of the better drawn Aquaman stories in a while.

No, I meant Finch. I'm looking forward to Finch when Janin is doing the art on Batman.

This takes the cake for mixing the worst of all worlds. Shitty anatomy, nonsensical poses, static and lifeless action, topping it all off with blatant tracing

What exactly do you find amazing here? I think it's fine for the most part (like a lot of what Sup Forums consider to be bad) but the Superman is pretty weird.

I don't have the pages handy but I've noticed a number of coloring flubs in this series. Colors from one bleeding through in to linework for another object and stuff like that.

The first issue in particular had some really amateurish fuckups with the colouring, most notably the colour holds.

Still, compared to the writing the art is practically god tier.

Main colorists I can see are either Jordan Gibson or Jose Villarubia. Villarubia has been doing stuff for Marvel since the early Quesada days while Gibson looks like a no-name newbie whose most high profile gig prior to America was Zdarsky's Howard the Duck series.

Jesus what the fuck happened to Larocca? He was never the best but he was acceptable tier for the late '90s and early 2000s. Then he started doing Newuniversal and became increasingly addicted to modeling characters after famous actors and whatever; don't know if it was him or Deodato who started the "Norman is Tommy Lee Jones" bullshit.

It looks like he's just completely given up at this point though.

Dillon's fine as a storyteller but got lazy (or if you believe Rich he loved the Frankface meme and intentionally drew more Franks to perpetuate it).

JRJR has degraded a lot. He's a far cry from his old X-Men or '90s/early 2000s Spider-Man days. His DC stuff has looked like shit.

I've been reading Brubaker's Iron Fist run and the guys who did the Annual really can't do faces. The fuck are the lines under Danny's lips?

Oh boy. That's Howard Chaykin, who used to be a good artist back in the day, but never really adapted well to digital coloring. He still does art (like that United States of Hysteria disaster), but it's pretty terrible now.

>the inexplicable continued success of Deodato, Larocca and Land
1. Keeping a schedule. On a major property like Star Wars or X-Men, this is all Disney/Marvel care about.
2. All digital. You'll notice the vast majority of Marvel artists are. They don't flat out require it, but they prefer if the artists don't have originals to sell since the concept of "making money on a character WE own" triggers the Disney.

YOU GOTTA HAVE MUSCLES ON YOUR MUSCLES

Deadlines + laziness leads to an over-reliance on cutting corners at the expense of quality. Larocca's not the only offender, not by far, but he's one of the current worst. It doesn't help when you have guys like Land who went from being a serviceable house artist to near-overnight popularity when he started lightboxing, to the degree where he unlearned how to actually draw.

It's a sad state of affairs, really.

Nah, the colourist he's paired with constantly just isn't a good fit for him. Jesus Abrutov I think his name is.

That's what most artists do in capeshit comics.

>ME SUBAMAHN, ME SAVE BLANET

For some reason this really made me laugh.

Anything Scott McDaniel did on Daredevil

>His DC stuff has looked like shit.
I thought his Superman was bad, but I really like his Batman work with Miller and Snyder

is this the DC comic version of the brainlet wojack

>It's another "faces are the most important part of comic art thread"
A good bit of the thread is really shitty art, but you facefags need to get ahold of yourselves

frankmiller.jpg

>one of the better drawn aquaman stories in a while

So you havent been reading aquaman then

Most use references, but only Greg Land and Salvador Larroca outright trace, as far as I know.

almost every artist in the business is digital-only