This apparently hasn't been storytimed yet

This apparently hasn't been storytimed yet.

And it's a VERY fucking out-of-the-ordinary issue, narrated ENTIRELY in French.

Though yes, the dialog is still in English.

But don't worry, there's a translation at the back of the book.

It also sports what might be one of the best covers out of the entire series.

So let's read this bitch.

MANIFEST DESTINY #32

STORYTIME

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

thanks op

No problem.

I'm not sure if I should have spoilered that last page or not.

Letters page

Letters page

TRANSLATION GUIDE

TRANSLATION GUIDE

TRANSLATION GUIDE

And that's that.

Thanks for the storytime, man. Fucking tres bon single issue.

Why did someone think this was a good idea? Why not just have the English translation? It's not like the journal being in French adds anything, the reader could just automatically assume it's in French after all.

>last line

well that is ominous

Was anyone able to read the narration without the translation guide?

Well my first language is french, so yes.
Otherwise I don't see how you could understand a language you don't speak.

The entire book is framed within journal entries. If it was an entire arc, I would get irritated, but I think it's fine.

How's the translation? Writers usually butcher foreign languages in comics

No problem.

This is the first time that they have done issues that aren't part of clearly defined and labeled 6 issue arcs. Kind of feels weird, especially since things have been largely uneventful since issue #25.

The breaks between arcs don't help, not much progress has been made since #25, and I'm getting a little "bored" with the pacing. Things definitely seem to be picking up, but the fog arc felt a little too much like a clip-show and I have a very low tolerance for mistaken identity tropes.

I had to do a middle school book report on Sacajawea. The way she's presented in this series always amuses me.

Also interested in the quality of the translation.

They clearly did no research for this series.

It's no bad. I'd even say it's good. I didn't spot any mistake. For some reason, it still doesn't sound like a native speaker wrote that text. I don't really no why, the sentences constructions are correct.

Well thanks for the info.

That guy was a shithead, but no one deserves to be killed like this. Especially after getting his leg chewed off by a giant, demon frog to which he was made bait for by the rest of the expedition.
Now there's one less rapist in the setting, but another murderer.

Also thanks OP for the storytime.

This is a comic with monsters and shit. I think they can take some liberties on how to portray some historical characters.

Merci op.

No problem.

No problem.

>no one deserves to be killed like this

agreed

bump

Page 2 after "I would hide from them." is missing "To escape them." But some of the translation is rather loose in any case.
Yes, I'm English and my spoken and written French is really bad, but this was straightforward for me.
It's loose in parts (slight paraphrasing), but faithful to the meaning as far as my poor French comprehension can tell.

>not speaking at least one other language

'murica