Think of a character!

Got one? Good. No take backs.

Are they worth enough to pull out pic related.

worth?

Who better to pull the sword from the stone than a Lord?

No. As an Italian-american, I doubt he would be anywhere in line to claim the throne of England.
Now if he DID dislodge it, you'd see that english crime problem start to decrease pretty fucking quick.

>worth

I don't think you know how the Sword in the Stone works.

He'd blame Optimus over not being worthy, then fuck off to sperg out while looking for the Matrix.

no

Why not an Heir?

>Usagi
Absolutely.

Pic is Sword in the Stone, which is about English Nobillity, so I imagine only pure Anglo Royalty could weild it. You mention "worth" though, so I assume you mean Excalibur, which can be wielded by anyone worthy enough.

Anyway, I thought of Stark, who's canonically able to wield Excalibur, so...

Can you like brute force it?
Like if hulk tried REALLY hard?

Did Doom forget he was a filthy gypsy for a moment there?

He'd take credit for pulling it out even though somebody else did all the work or somehow get it out by mistake. By the end he'd find being a king too hard and try to put the sword back in.

You better believe she's worthy.

Wouldn't put it past Doom.

Lots of comics allude to him being of actual Latverian Royalty. There was that Spider-Man issue where he was looking for a huge diamond that belonged to his mother's bloodline. Then there's his dad's surname, Von Doom. And in a What If? (yeah I know non-canon, but it was supposed to be a divergent 616, not a wholly different timeline) where he became a hero, Furtonov says that he is the rightful heir to the Throne. So for a while at least, they were pushing the "Doom is actual Royalty" bit.

That, or he's just putting on airs. It's not like many people know where exactly he came from. But it's pretty stupid, considering Excalibur has to do with worth, not Blood. Of course Tony knew that since he's an actual mythology nerd (going back to actual canon,from when he was put in a cyber-coma), so...

All in all it's one of my favorite Doom Pwned moments.

+1
Called your ruse OP

>I don't think you know how the Sword in the Stone works.

In my defense even in the actual mythology shit's inconsistent as fuck

>we are aristocrats
>we were born better
Doom either is actual Royalty from his father's side and uses the Gyppo thing for sympathy, or he's literally the most delluded guy in Marvel.

I mean, the guy is clearly throwing shade at Stark for being a Nouveau Riche (canon dictates Howard built the company but couldn't really keep it afloat due to the pressure, and that'snot taking into acount how many times Tony bankrupted),when he's a damn Slavic Gyppo who LARPs as Royalty! Doom's fucking pathetic.

Didn't even cheat.

Probably not, but I'm sure he'll find a way to fucking steal it.

You know that Bloodborne weapon that's essentially Excalibur, but it's still stuck in the stone? That's what would happen if this guy tried pulling it.

People unironically like Megas XLR?

Or C) he believes he was born into greatness cause he's DOOM with all capital letters. Any of them works.

So only 2 Sup Forums people can canonically wield it (dunno if Hellboy's wielding Excalibur or TSitS, I'm not done with my Mignolaverse stuff yet)?

People don't!?

I don't know, I only watched the pilot episode, but I remember it being the crappiest attempt at making American anime I'd ever seen. It was like they were trying to make a showed that looked like giant robot anime, but with a very American sense of humor. But I didn't find it funny, and the story wasn't as engaging as any of the actual giant robot anime Toonami was airing at the time. My little brother kept up with it for a while but abandoned it soone after getting into Gundam Seed.

Well he is literally King Arthur so probably

The lady of the lake is probably a good friend of his.

This is bait.

Or very shit taste.

Which part of it is untrue? Disagree about the story and the characters if you want, but don't act like it's not the ugliest faux-anime you've ever seen.

Wait.

Are you the autistic Sup Forums user who hates Anime? I think you are.

Megas was a loveletter to Giant Robot nime, it wasn't trying to make itself an anime.

Would he be worthy enough?

>Are you the autistic Sup Forums user who hates Anime
Nope. I don't go to Sup Forums and the reason I hated Megas XLR was precisely because it wasn't anything remotely like the giant robot anime it was supposed to be a loveletter to. I went in expecting at least a halfway decent attempt at emulating Gundam and instead I just got a generic kids action toon.

>generic kids action toon.
Yeah, like giant robot anime.

Minus the pathos, political intrigue, and epic battle scenes set in outer space, but with tons of awful quips and jokes piled on.

Canonically.

He wouldn't even bother with it.

"What's the firing rate?"
"It doesn't have a firing rate, it's a sword. Not just any sword, Excalibur!"
"What is that? Like, nine millimeter, ten?"
"...Not 'calibre'."
"So where's the trigger? In the handle?."
"It's a SWORD!"
"Can't be. There's not even any lenses."

Um... Marvel T- wing would. That guy can't even talk.

Ah.

>Um... Marvel T- wing would. That guy can't even talk.
I like to pretend IDW wingy doesn't exist

>FWOCKA FWOCKA FWOCKA

Hard to say. It's a magic spell keeping it in there, but it's Merlin's magic, not divine magic from a skyfather like with Mjölnir.

I want to say yes?

...There's a possibility that she's Arthur's ancestor, isn't there?

...Nobility has a hierarchy.
King > Duke > Count > Baron, and so on.

I am pretty sure 'Skyfather' outranks everything, and Thor is the prince of Asgard.

Arthur would have to call him 'sir', I should think. After all, what is a king to a god?

Then you are a fool.

"It's a Frank that shoots Franks, Frank."

It's more accurate to say Megas is a lampshade of giant robot anime, and it's distinctly also more in the vein of SUPER ROBOT shows than Gundam, which despite it's increasing silliness is classified as "real robot" due to the themes it deals with, as well as "realistic" military concepts.

I would say that the assessment that it was AMERICAN is accurate - in fact, it's part of the joke. Appreciating the humor of Megas is requisite on understanding Super Robot and anime in general, since the protagonists subvert the expectations their roles - the hot blooded pilot is more dumb than anything else, the alien princess is more of an action princess and is easily the most competent, and the side kick is a lazy lecher. The humor lays in these subversion's.

Americans liked it because it was a boisterous, dumb fun action cartoon

>After all, what is a king to a god?
The only God Arthur acknowledges is the most holy lord our Father, heathen miscreant

You are now remembering Crusader, the Thor "Villain".

>Arthur Blackwood was born in Decatur, Illinois. He was a seminary student in Chicago who believed that the church should become more active in fighting paganism and godlessness in modern society. Dismissed from the seminary for getting into an altercation with a superior.

>Blackwood visited his family crypt to meditate on his life. There he had a religious vision of all of his ancestors who devoted their lives to serving God. In this vision he met the spirit of one of his ancestors who served in the Crusades. This spirit seemingly bequeathed to him the combined power of all his ancestors and dubbed him knight. When Blackwood awoke from this vision, he discovered a sword, shield, and knight's raiment had inexplicably materialized nearby. Blackwood decided to take up the sword and use his newfound power to destroy all pagans and infidels. As his first target, he chose the thunder god Thor, whose claims of godhood seemed blasphemous.

>Calling himself the Crusader, Blackwood attacked Thor at a public assembly. Somehow the strength of his faith granted him sufficient power not only to hold his own in pitched battle with the Asgardian, but also to inflict upon Thor a seemingly mortal wound. When Thor reappeared a short time later, his wound fully healed by the power of Odin the Crusader's belief in his own infallibility was shaken. The Crusader was unable to comprehend how a supposed agent of the devil like Thor could be superior to him, a self-styled messenger of the Lord. When Thor shattered the Crusader’s sword, the Crusader fled, filled with doubts about the righteousness of his cause.

Deus fucking Vult, you shits

>There's a possibility that she's Arthur's ancestor, isn't there?
I was just thinking more along the lines of her being pure and noble enough to pull the sword (the movie version of her anyway), but sure. I'd never even considered the possibility that Sword in the Stone and Black Cauldron could exist in the same canon.

I'll admit I'm not familiar enough with Super Robot and its tropes, and in considering of all that you wrote, I guess I might check out some other shows in the genre and then give the Megas pilot a rewatch and see if I get more out of it than I did back then.

It's not necessarily that complicated to require it. Really it just boils down to the fact that the protagonists are usually noble and competent, and the Megas protagonists really, really aren't

So that guy got his ass pushed in, and he may have been empowered by one of Thor's enemies... like, someone known to be able to cast illusions, and empower people as well as weapons?

Now who do we know like that that has reason to hate Thor, and knows his weaknesses... some kind of rival, maybe... a magic user, I guess, but he'd have to know Thor pretty intimately...

I am at a loss.

Wait, Prydain is ancient Britain, isn't it? (checks)
Prydain is Welsh for 'Britain'. She could totally be his great-great-great-great-grandmother. Hell, probably of half the isle. When is 'The Black Cauldron' set, anyway?

She's clearly Arthurs great grand daughter through the squirrel

She does have some characteristics in common with Tupu.

>Wild girl
>Big hair
>Barefooter (in the books)

Is she Rapuznel

Yes

Daaaamn. We could be looking at an entire bloodline here.

Perhaps he could.

>Your opinion

Way too many people thinking that Excalibur's wielding was based on "worth", like it was mjolnir.

It was defined as "the act could not be performed except by 'the true king,' meaning the divinely appointed king or true heir of Uther Pendragon"

Arthur was able to wield Excalibur literally because the sword belonged to his dad. There is no separate "worth" notion here, its the divine right of kingly inheritance.

I guess there is some wiggle room that God could have appointed someone else as the "divinely-appointed king", but the whole point was that the way God appointed kings was by bloodright. Worthy souls were placed into the bodies of royal newborns.

So, who can wield Excalibur? The Pendragon bloodline. Done and done.

(also, "wield" just means who can control its power. its not unliftable like mjolnir, anyone can hold excalibur but it wont perform at its magical level for non-Pendragons, it'll just be a mundane sword)

hulk