Dumbing of Age: The Weekly Roundup

Because I've stuck with this bullshit too long to drop it now.

Anyways, Joyce continues her descent into BLACKEDness, and we're expected to just accept it with arms wide open. Y'know, like the Creed song.

Other urls found in this thread:

dumbingofage.com/2010/comic/book-1/01-move-in-day/femurs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least Joe is seeing through all this bullshit too.

Meanwhile, Ruth continues with her fetish for bodily mutilation. I foresee her eventually becoming addicted to rekt threads on Sup Forums.

And the epic storyline of "Joyce breaks her toe" ends with an upskirt. Sadly, it's Carla who's wearing the skirt.

I just hope she washed her clothes; I'm pretty sure that's an old outfit.

I don't know what's happening here and I don't really give a damn.

And now for some character development for characters who are too new for us to really care about.

Also, I just looked it up. There is no RiffTrax for "Flight of the Navigator".

And now, the new one.

I don't know who Zaph is, but this is seriously a better exposition to their being trans than we got for Carla being trans. But they're still too new for us to care about; so fuck this, goodnight.

fuck off

What's the joke? That's just rude.

It's never too late to quit.

>Hospital won't do anything for a possible broken toe, not even X-Ray it
Yeah, fuck right off with that one. You might get away with a minor fracture on one of the smaller toes with home treatment. But any discolouration, odd angles or fracture to the big toe (like Joyce has) will need a doctor to look at. On top of that, nausea and faintness following an injury will also need a check-up, one of those probably nothing but possibly serious.

But hey, what do I know? I'm not a tranny like Carla.

Welcome to another exciting round of Willis Hates Hospitals.

Man, if only IU had something like place for students to go when they had illnesses, they could call it the Indiana University Health Center. Seriously though, if Willis wanted to continue having Jacob and Joyce together all he'd need to do is have him take her to the health center.

I want to see Joyce get BLACKED and you can't make me feel bad about it.

So this *is* college & not high school, right? Willis does know that no one cares that you were a high school cheerleader or football player after you turn 19, right?

The joke is that they still view high school cheerleaders as the Alpha Class, even when no longer in high school.

That would have required Willis leaving his dorm room for more than ten minutes in his whopping one year in college. More than long enough to learn about the College Experience.

Wow, Lucy emulates Toon Starfire so much she basically talks & acts like her. I'm half expecting her to mention accidentally giving male students "The Boner".

I kinda wonder if Willis' parents were the "pray is all you need to get better" types on some level.

I know how you feel, Joe.

Wait what happened before this?

>black Hermione

I actually found these funny.

Willis isn't half bad when he's not trying to be dramatic.

>proud of someone for showering by themselves
Trans people confirmed as overgrown children.

>Ruth can't advise what to do with an injury
Best RA continues to show her chops. Also ( ), she was just in the health center so there's no excuse for that not coming up. I also don't know why Carla is the go-to person. Maybe the idea is that she gets a lot of injuries from skating around like an idiot?

Weird. Weird that Billie would refer to stuff she knows well as what it is like that. (sexy football captain, instead of just using the name and word choice to make it clear he's a football player.

Also weird that Lucy is going to fall even further down the social ladder because of a former cheerleader.

The Zaph stuff is pretty well handled, and quickly too. I guess you get different standards when you know you're only spending so much time with a character.

Am I the only person who thought the Dewd drew this for a second?

IIRC their particular branch of Christianity is pretty anti-doctor which makes it all the weirder that Willis, who hates his parents and everything they believe, would keep perpetuating this weird medicinal and psychiatry hate.

>Also weird that Lucy is going to fall even further down the social ladder because of a former cheerleader.
It's weird that Willis is making the entire other dorm Malaya-tier shitballs towards Lucy.

>TTG starfire poster

What the fuck Willis..Ground types aren't supposed to work against airheads. Or is Joyce one of those nuage pokemon that has wings and feathers but self identifies as rock type? The madder we get the harder he'll ship 'em prepare for BLACKED Joyce boys!

Willis has never seen or read Teen Titans anything. The only reason she’s got a Starfire poster here and not of Rey or Steven Universe, is because she’s originally from that Bad At Math comic that a lot of circulation on tumblr. As a result Willis drew Star as she appears for the first google result for “Starfire Cartoon” instead of the cartoon someone her age would actually give a shit about

Teen Tirans Go is on about 14 hours a day on Cartoon Network, though.

Yeah but Lucy is supposed to be 18 IIRC. How many 18 yr olds love TTG?

this is like college as written by brendan fraiser's character in blast from the past where he never knew the real world.

Willis is allergic to research of any kind.

Agreed. Zaph is an AU of Faz. He showed up at the happy toy store in Shortpacked.

Billie is 18, and they're only a few months into the semester. She'll start getting lashback on it soon enough.

Billie is just pretending to be asleep, and Lucy is playing along.

I thought it was Dewd at first as well, especially before I opened the thumbnail.

I can't think of a good narrative reason for it. They have no reason for stepping all over her. They seem to like her most of the time.

How miserable is Walky that he needs to introduce a new, happy-cheery character only to immediately put her in favorable situations?

There's so much baggage that Willis will never leave behind, regardless of how modern & progressive he presents himself to his fans.

This would line-up to Willis being a fan of the idealized Batman that exists in his head that's made up mostly of the TAS version.

Lucy's Starfire begins & ends with the cartoon version. Think even Perez Starfire would be to troublesome. I just keep recalling any efforts to show her comic stuff from women or ethnic creators is dismissed as Exceptions To The Rule of comic culture.

THICC

Geeesh, Carla! What the hell?

never heard of this shit so I went and chefcked out the beginning of the comic

apparently "i need femurs to live" is some kind of running gag?

dumbingofage.com/2010/comic/book-1/01-move-in-day/femurs/

WHAT is going ON

>TTG Posters
>Black Hermione

Fuckin Christ

That's amazing actually, it's one thing to be skeptical of Psychologists but it appears Willy doesn't even believe in healthcare in general!

I bet he won't vaccinate his kids.

It's a much better reveal compared to Carla.

I'm wondering if this was part of Zaph's plot to begin with, or if Willis saw that QA just added Tilly & decided to add another to the LBGTQA total.

SPEAKING OF ME! I have some new comics to share!

Honestly? I feel like you are trying too hard to be like "It Hurts!

I get that alot, even though we started almost near the same time.

>There's so much baggage that Willis will never leave behind, regardless of how modern & progressive he presents himself to his fans.
I can’t find the post but someone once said something along the lines of ”As much as he tries to convince others, Willis is still a fundamentalist. He retains all the same beliefs, he just preaches at a different church now”

>This would line-up to Willis being a fan of the idealized Batman that exists in his head that's made up mostly of the TAS version.
Well yeah, TAS Batman had the most toys. Has anyone else noticed that the only stories Willis really loves are the ones with massive merchandising lines? Or am I just looking too deeply into this?

Holy shit this comic is still going?