Logic defying shark tank JLu

My life's goal has always been to have a swanky penthouse office with a shark tank somehow crammed into it in a way that seems to defy physicis, like luthor's on JLU. However impractical it is, I need this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QK3jtOmwHUQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>BASED Greek Luthor
>wastes money on stupid shit
POTTERY

I know from an artistic standpoint it's to make him intimidating (which it does), it's just kinda funny how impractical is.

then they reveal the shark tank prevents superman from barging in whenever he wants to (tank shatters).

>defy physics
What the fuck are you talking about?
Have you never been in an aquarium?

>on the top floor of a skyscraper
>has tunnels, doorways, and even elevators going through it
M8 I know defying physics is exaggerating, but it's impractical to say the least. It's fucking sick, but they definitely took some liberties.

How else would you feed the sharks? Do you think Lex just takes a ladder and sprinkles in fish food from the top? NO. Motherfucker orders a live seal and has that fucker airlifted and dropped into the tank via elevator!

God I wish this was cannon

>M8 I know defying physics is exaggerating, but it's impractical to say the least. It's fucking sick, but they definitely took some liberties.

Don't forget, Lex was secretly possessed by Brainiac for several seasons. There could have been all kinds of modifications done.

Why wouldn't it be? Lex probably uses the shark to dispose of the occasional body too.

Jokes on you OP, Lux's office is under a Sea World Park

He gets his sharks while making money on all the park's visitors

Like I said, I fucking wish they explored the shark tank more

I'm really glad this sentence exists.

Sharks don't actually live that long in captivity. Especially in small spaces. They die off really quickly. Can't adapt, and quickly lose the will to live.

That's just great whites senpai and that can be countered now for a while. With technological progression shouldn't be a problem soon

That's the most American thing I ever heard.

Casual here, what can't they adapt to and/or need technology for, shark/an/ons?

He's right only great whites have the issue.
The main problem is that when they're being transported, most transports neglect the fact that whites need to keep moving so water moves through their gills. Also great whites are used to traveling entire oceans, so they usually smash their heads on the glass cages because theyre too small.

For a moment I thought you were talking about a shark tank show with Luthor.

This would also be great

>a shark tank show
What's that?

yes it could like the L.E.G.I.O.N. tryouts but a villain shark tank

American version of Dragon's Den. It's a reality TV show about people pitching ideas to wealthy businessmen who then either offer some kind of a money investment for percentage of the company or profits or reject the proposal.

So in this version, would Lex want pitches on how to kill Superman?

I'm envisioning just regular Shark Tank but with DC super-tech, and Luthor, Bruce Wayne, Michael Holt, and Oliver Queen are the sharks

Eh, that's dull.

>That's right conspiracy buff, I spent $700,000 dollars on a giant impractial shark tank, all just to keep Superman out of my office

>pitches on how to kill Superman
>imagine Clark watching this on TV as someone comes up with a really good idea

>Meanwhile Batman's taking notes

>Luthor gambles on Superman realizing that shark is an endangered species and it would be terrible if it was harmed

It's just the kind of dick move I can see Luthor doing, too

why do people say he is greek?

kojack was a jew not a greek

is this like andrew dice clay thing?

Telly Savalas was Greek and DCAU Lex is clearly based on him.

>Next up is an inventor and former ex-con from Gotham City, named Matches Malone

DCAU Luthor was modeled after Telly Savalas, who was Greek.

So I guess I finally found a DC character with the same nationality as me who's not based on mythology.

>WHO LOVES YA, SUPES BABY

He wasn't actually greek, his nickname was just Telly the Greek.

These really sound like something Luthor would do.

Aristotelis "Telly" Savalas (Greek: Αριστοτέλης "Τέλλυ" Σαβάλας; January 21, 1922 – January 22, 1994)

The second of five children, Telly Savalas was born Aristotelis Savalas[2] on January 21, 1922, in Garden City, New York, to Greek-American parents Christina (née Kapsalis; 1904 –1988), a New York City artist who was a native of Sparta, and Nick Savalas [Tsavalas] (1904 – 1948), a Greek restaurant owner.

PS:
>He initially spoke only Greek when he entered grade school, but learned English

He was so fucking greek the only way he could have been more greek is if he shit olives

It's almost like my post was a blatant lie

Hey now, that's a racist stereotype.

To be fair, if you were a rich asshole wouldn't you want to have your very own shark tank?

Think about all the effort it took to cut down this redwood, shape it into a desk, and haul it to Luthor's building.

Classic Bond Villain move.
I also enjoy their interior decorating.

They could have cut it in half for easy transport and just closed up the seam, but I don't think lex would like a seam ruining the look.

Would be more like him to have the whole tree transported at once, have all of it cut up, then pick the one he wants.

I think working for Luthor could be cool. You just have to have a job that he never actually meets you (so he can't have you fired for just looking at him) and say in the entry interview you're not a big fan of superman.

Not to mention how impractically huge that thing is. Or for that matter the rest of his office. But hey, gotta spend that money on something.

Implying that isn't a robot shark. Probably has retractable lazer beams mounted on its head, too.

>Implying
Do you have any understanding of how difficult it is to procure sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads?

>rich criminals spend money on dumb shit
How shocking. Every time some major crime lord gets arrested and there's a footage of inside their house, there's always so much expensive shit that serves no purpose other than to "look cool"

Wasnt there some mexican one that had a chair made if AK's?

>Seals
....user

if those are great white sharks then Luthor has achieved the literal impossible

unless they're dying constantly and he's depleting the world population of great whites by restocking every two weeks.

Reminder that Pablo Escobar had a family of hippos that escaped into the wild after his capture and now there's a population of inbred hippos that terrorizes the region.

I know the son of a Mexican drug lord has a private zoo with actual endangered species in it, such as tigers.

Black Manta is one of his few friends, so maybe he pays Manta for those Sharks and Manta gets satisfication of damaging the ocean.

>HURRR DURRRR I'M only pretending to be retarded

Stark's name is Tony & his mother's surname is Carbonelli, so he's at the very least Italian if not Greek, which is pretty much the same, so... There's that. Plus, Morbius is canonically Greek.

Hope that helps.

actually a lot of the post-crisis 80/90s comics deals with working with lexcorp and he is essentially the boss from hell. even without superman he is a micro-manager who is likely to have you killed/fired if he disagrees with him or steal your work if he likes it,

>Kojak is Jewish
>Lex is Jewish

Is there anyone out there who isn't Jewish?

Meant for

What?
youtube.com/watch?v=QK3jtOmwHUQ

Telly Savalas apparently

So where was DCAU Luthor getting his money from after getting arrested several times?

Like funding for that housing project Superman and Captain Marvel destroyed in their fight.

Off shore accounts, Caymen Islands, Swiss banks, and just wads and wads of cash under his mattress

Patents.

Also they usually don't freeze your accounts unless you're an international terrorist or a drug supplier.

Pretty sure Lex has committed a number of acts of terrorism.

Nothing that stuck till JL.

can you prove any of them in a court of law?

He was also pardoned after developing that depower ray to use against the Justice Lords.

>Interesting invention, but I just don't see how you expect it to be able to kill Superman.

>It's not meant to kill Superman. It's meant to iron up to six pairs of shorts at once.

>Then I'm out.

Isn't a former ex-con just a current con?

It's okay.

Lex spent... one MILLION dollars per shark!

That or someone who got his record erased

>lex luthor shark tank
HOLY SHIT OP, YOU GLORIOUS SON OF A BITCH, YOU GAVE ME THE BEST IDEA.
Listen up, it's like the shark tank show, except rich villains take normal dudes ideas as pitches.
"I see, but how does your idea help us kill superman?"
"well, you see we- excuse me what?"

FUND IT
FUND 6 SEASONS OF IT

The Shark Tank in the Penthouse showed up in the animated Superman first. Gotta love how Timm's series shared a loose continuity. Twelve straight years of DC.

As big as the company is, seems like it'd be easy to get some job in a piss ant branch that just does shit like administration or HR work.

Not everyone gets to meet Bill Gates at microsoft after all and LexCorp is supposed to be bigger.

Obviously a crypto.

>Luthor gets new sharks every two weeks to replace the dead ones.

this is my head canon
and they're always some endangered species
what a glorious bastard

Luthor's a business prodigy, but he's also extremely flighty and egotistical and expects everything done a certain way that he won't actually tell you. Working anywhere near him would be hell if you had to meet him, and a complete mess even if you didn't as the executives and company policies constantly change.

Well, all auteurs are like that

And they're always awful to work with or under. Sometimes a big cash flow can hide it for a while, but they make terrible bosses.

Are you willing to work for a shit boss for a fat check?

>why do people say he is greek?
Cause Bruce Timm directly said it.

do you think he ever speaks Greek to mess with people

I'm willing to do a lot of awful things for a fat check.

He's Greek-American, he's not an immigrant.

Greek-american user here, most of us can speak greek. Its demanded by your family. It was my first language and we only speak Greek to my nephews.

But are you willing to do awful things to yourself for the fat check
Or at least let awful things happen to you