WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookbin.com/Watchmen_Action_Figures001.html
screenrant.com/watchmen-tv-series-john-cena-role/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

An event that was mandated by WB, Johns being the bitch he is gladly agreed.

Johns doesnt know shit about history, philosophy or politics so the political context of the comic is just plain retarded. But if you are a complete moron or ignorant i can understand how some people in Sup Forums can bypass it.

Another desperate attempt by DC to get any kind of audience

And like every other attempt it will fail miserably

Also why Rorschach talks retarded?

#1 was okay.

Something enjoying a positive reaction unlike Before Watchmen, for whatever the reason

Your autism having a 3 week delay?

Garbage.

because he's a nigger on this comic.
and Sup Forums are still in denial about the political choice behind this, like if everything was a carebears world and there is no forced diversity in everything since Obama was elected.

>and Sup Forums are still in denial about the political choice behind this,
it's just johnsfags.

>like if everything was a carebears world and there is no forced diversity in everything since Obama was elected.

You are a fucking imbecile if you think this has anything to do with obama, and the political issues in the comic are way worse than Johns pandering to twitter nigs.

>An event that was mandated by WB, Johns being the bitch he is gladly agreed
Wrong, this is Johns' baby, his desperate attempt to get a classic story to his name.

the massive pandering to minorities started since 2008, it came with the crisis and Obama's influence.
and Watchmen it's supposed to be a contrarian thing and the story apparently take place on 1992 for Doomsday Clock, so the modern political issues are for fedora tier normies doesn't make any sense on it.

Veidt is also acting completely out of character, the cancer excuse is complete shit.

>Wrong, this is Johns' baby

It wasnt. Stop believing Johns lies.

Rorschach always talked like an idiot

>Dog carcass in alley

great fucking start pal, can't wait to read your Great american novel

Can someone explain wtf he was going for in the first page. "undeplorables" and "totalitarians". Is he making new Rorschach into somekind of "fair and balanced" kind of guy that pretend to bash both side equal.

The whole text was just pretentious babble without any substance. It felt like an imitation from someone that don't understand anything of what he is doing.

>It felt like an imitation from someone that don't understand anything of what he is doing
because that's exactly what it is.

No matter how much this one dude on here wants to meme that it's an instant classic or better than Moore, etc. Johns simply doesn't have the skill as a writer to do much more with the property than Snyder did adapting it to film.

Which isn't really a knock against Johns' writing skill, the dude can do good stuff when it plays to his strengths (the Sinestro Corps War for example), but he's way out of his element here and it really shows.

More like it's been turned out for 3 weeks straight now

Snyder at least with familiar with the philosophies of the characters and the political context, while Snyder understood why Kissinger was a really important part of the story Johns is had an entire page about how russians are bullies and north korea is evil and crazy.

here comes the synderkinos....

Why are Johnsfags so deluded? Do you really believe an objectivist like Snyder isnt familiar with shit like nihilism, consequentialism or kantian ideas? Snyder is a clown, but he is way more educated than Johns.

people who are salty about doomsday clock should chill and make themselves a rorschach toast

that was because he was writing in a journal

don't have the comic at hand, but iirc he mentions he had to transcribe his journal to make it legible before dropping at new frontiersman, and when seymour starts reading it the first sentence is clearly different, slightly more "elaborate" than rorschach's usual speech

The sequel to Watchmen written by Geoff Johns

A cashgrab written by an overrated hack.

stop being a mindless Johnsfag defending every hack move he makes
>hurrr durrr Justice League was ghost written

>Is he making new Rorschach into somekind of "fair and balanced" kind of guy that pretend to bash both side equal.
Yep. Nu(t)sach is mug centrist instead of hyperconservative crypto-fascist.
I'd like to imagine that Johns is trying to say "self-righteous centrism can be just as damaging as extremism", but that implies that Johns is trying to say anything at all.

But i'm saying he is a hack, and that he lies and justifies this garbage with the whole PR stunt that this is about ideas. It wasnt, Johns was told to introduce the watchmen characters and he had to come out with this crap Johns is the bitch of the suits.

I'm actually enjoying it, but I agree the politics are pretty hamfisted. I'm just glad Moore's going to be eternally triggered by this.

Will Glycon the Snake God get revenge for Alan?

Why out of all of the writers did they choose fucking Johns?

Moore's washed his hands and hasn't read a cape comic in years. It's the fans who are mad at this trash.

Oh shit, that's neat.

>Rorschach toast with baked beans and coffee

Breakfast of champions!

Proof that Marvel is better by playing it safe instead of shitting on seminal works

Here's the thing user, for years they'd had tried to get Moore back for a sequel, they even offered him the rights to the characters ONLY if he did a sequel.

that didn't set well with him so he turned them down.

Now before watchmen existed, and no one there got the mainstream praise for it, everyone either said "oh its a thing" or "TIME TO SHIT", so i don't think any of those writers want some of the ridicule they got then.

And now DC has a limited number of ok big event writers, and Johns the house player, the only one i can see trying after that fiasco.

He has nothing to lose.

Same reason he did Flashpoint, he lacks any kind of artistic integrity.

and two sugar cubes for dessert

Literally the only Before Watchmen writer that people liked was Cooke, and he's dead.

eyy yo somebody storytime #2 or spoonfeed me a source

>or "TIME TO SHIT",

They only have themselves to blame for that one.

You'd get /fit/ in no time.

1 just came out like a week ago. won't be getting 2 until the 27th

Rorschach talked the way he did because this new guy only had OG Schach's journal to go off of. So while OG Schach wrote like an angsty psycho, New Rorschach speaks like one because its the only way he has ever seen Rorschach "talk."

Its gonna make "sort" of sense, his mind was destroyed by the psychic bomb, and he used the writing of rorschach to rebuild it, in a superficial way.

very telling, very meta, retard only makes a superficial pastiche.

He's the only one retarded to attempt it. Morrison straight up declined, and most talented writers aren't interested either.

hmmm

>At the end of the day, if they haven’t got any properties that are valuable enough, but they have got these ‘top-flight industry creators’ that are ready to produce these prequels and sequels to WATCHMEN, well this is probably a radical idea, but could they not get one of the ‘top-flight industry creators’ to come up with an idea of their own? Why are DC Comics trying to exploit a comic book that I wrote 25 years ago if they have got anything? Sure they ought to have had an equivalent idea since? I could ask about why Marvel Comics are churning out or planning to bring out my ancient MARVELMAN stories, which are even older, if they had a viable idea of their own in the quarter-century since I wrote those works. I mean, surely that would be a much easier solution than all of this clandestine stuff? Just simply get some of your top-flight talent to put out a book that the wider public outside of the comics field find as interesting or as appealing as the stuff that I wrote 25 years ago. It shouldn’t be too big an ask, should it? I wouldn’t have thought so. And it would solve an awful lot of problems. They must have one creator, surely, in the entire American industry that could do equivalent work to something I did 25 years ago. It would be insulting to think that there weren’t. That’s just my suggestion for a way that DC could remove themselves from this thorny impasse, but we shall see.

>ust simply get some of your top-flight talent to put out a book that the wider public outside of the comics field find as interesting or as appealing as the stuff that I wrote 25 years ago

This is why, while I love his work, I find him completetly insufferable. He both ignores the hundreds of stories they tell yearly while also ignoring that his work would NEVER have been as popular as it was without having THEIR LOGO on his books when they release.

Literally NOBODY would be talking about Watchmen if he chose to self-publish in the first place. Or if he chose a smaller publishing house. But he went corporate because he wanted the big boy advertising push.

You can't use a company for their benefits and then complain when they pull the scheme you initially had.

>for a way that DC could remove themselves from this thorny impasse, but we shall see.
What thorny impasse? Owning the work he signed to them?

I really do think it mostly comes down to being able to tell that the new Roschach is definitely new without removing his mask.

That's not true. He went with DC because he had an idea with charleston characters. He made his own when he couldn't use them. He made a story that made them more popular than said characters.

He's also not wrong. I haven't seen a story that truly reinvigorated comics in a long while.

Because it just seems like Snyder enjoys the adult nature of the comic more than what it had to say about the comics industry.

I think it refers mostly to them having constantly approach him because they know if they got his blessing at least, they would sell even more copies of any Watchmen project they might do.

They are losing potential sales by not getting his approval.

He went with DC because they afforded him a bigger audience. They're not "Charleston" characters you painfully casual faggot.

Why post here if you know so little?

>What thorny impasse?
I think it was the huge shitstorm over the announcement of Before Watchmen, something that somehow Doomsday Clock has avoided entirely.

And I agree with you on the matter he went to the big guys but DC still screwed him by publishing it ad eternum. Also something I heard was that he and Gibbons were promised merchandise royalties, so DC started calling buttons and the likes "promotional material" instead so they wouldn't have to share that money.

>implying Marvel has seminal works.

Another casual.

I can't believe anyone has the fucking confidence and lack of knowledge to say:

>I think it refers mostly to them having constantly approach him because they know if they got his blessing at least, they would sell even more copies of any Watchmen project they might do.

Alan would never do that and DC doesn't need his blessing. And most of you casuals who love watchmen don't even know the circumstances around it until after you've put it down because while it seemed good you didn't understand half of it but wanted to discuss it.

comicbookbin.com/Watchmen_Action_Figures001.html

They don't need his blessing but they sure do keep looking for it, don't they?

>Marvel pretending to have seminal works.

You sound mad because people tell you the comic book industry is shit. Point out terrible practices and release garbage like doomsday clock and still defend them like it was your belief in god. You're the reason cape comics will never be elevated again, it will just keep remaining this generic oroboros that recycles everything.

The fact is, watchmen became a hit on it's own and they keep dragging it out because it's one of the most popular comic books out. More people know roshach than WHO man.

user the sales I responded to were those based in publishing:
>they would sell even more copies of any Watchmen project they might do.

A different comment I replied to brought up merch/"promo".

Which, again, simply shows them extending an olive branch. Moore is rich enough to battle them long enough in court to eventually win.

>You sound mad because people tell you the comic book industry is shit.
I don't know where you got all that projection from. For one I don't even understand why Doomsday Clock isn't getting panned by virtue of existing like Before Watchmen.

And yes, the comic industry is shit. We have lord weeaboo Cebulski, Slott lying to get an internship and other assorted hits. I don't have any particular love for a sinking ship that can only repeat the audiences are always getting older every decade without doing anything to correct course.

>You're the reason cape comics will never be elevated again
I don't want them to be, really. Watchmen becoming the blueprint for every last fucking thing under the sun and people taking the wrong lessons from it with the juvenile nihilistic violence as opposed to the rich layered storytelling gave us the rut we're stuck in.

>You sound mad because people tell you the comic book industry is shit.

But that's literally what Moore and his fans are complaining about. That shitty people acted shittily. I'm not saying what DC did was commendable but it's legal and expected.

You're the reason we can't have discussions because you'd rather attack me over shit that's, honestly, completely beside the point and factually the polar opposite of the truth.

>You're the reason cape comics will never be elevated again, it will just keep remaining this generic oroboros that recycles everything.
No, you are.... I guess? I don't really know why someone would say something this stupid.

>The fact is, watchmen became a hit on it's own
The fact is that's not a provable statement. Because it didn't release on it's own.

to clarify this:
isn't me

this is:

I don't even like most of his work but think Moore is great
he's just a cute old man who loves comics and is proud of the work that he did

And yet, here I am having read and loved most of it and thinking he's gotten so far down the rabbit hole of complaints he's become delusional.

How does this not apply?

>No, you are.... I guess? I don't really know why someone would say something this stupid.
>Rebirth
>Civil war two
>Nu52
comics are still regurgitating the same soulless bullshit they were ten years ago. The closest I've seen to something new was fucking gwenpool, and that's just a fucking marvel isekai. Comics are just creatively bankrupt. They can't even tell new stories, jut recycle old ones.

I just want comics to evolve, change and grow but they haven't. Not cape comics, it's just frustrating.

Have you read Unwritten by Mike Carey? I ended up losing track of it but he was doing that sort of "things you can only pull on printed media" like Moore did with all the ficticious bibliography at the end of each volume.

Hell, one character has her past defined by the reader in a "Choose your own Adventure" style issue. I probably should look everything back up and get up to speed on it, I remember really liking where he was taking it.

>Says user is the reason comics suck
>user says that's beside the point and untrue ("factually the polar opposite")
>No, comics suck so it isn't beside the point

Comics don't suck because of a post online you stupid faggot. That's why it's beside the point.

Also Nu52 isn't anything like Rebirth. So I'm not sure how it's regurgitating what was done 10 years ago.

The original Rorschach is dead though. The new one can be whoever. There's really no reason why he couldn't be black.

Maaan Unwritten was so good, the only reason i stopped was cause my store was a shit and they never got the first vols, i wanted to read it on paper so bad and that was before i could buy shit online.

now that i think about it, i should just jump into it now.

>did with all the ficticious bibliography at the end of each volume.
But see, you can do that in movies as well. Casuals always love waxing poetic about how he did things you can only do in comics but never bring up TBF because they thought it was random or out of place.

Those are the commendable examples. Taking one panel out of the nine and flashing to a different scene. Or having two concurrent stories going on in different panels. This is without getting into Gibbons' work at all.

Almost all of the stuff Watchmen gets praise from is generally just the base level shit. Tales of The Black Freighter is always just an afterthought or "huh, wasn't that neat."

It's the eternal cycle, while Marvel was shitting everything up with poorly written diversity characters DC just sat there pumping out bland more of the same stories and was praised as genius in comparison
Now it's time for DC to shit up everything while Marvel looks better in comparison until the two switch places in the future and so on and so on

>Unwritten by Mike Carey
I liked it. I've reads a few but lost track of the schedule. It's been pretty good. It's been interesting and indie still changes but I wish capes would.

Because it's the same heroes doing the same things. We will never move past the core x-men, superman, batman, ironman, captain america, etc. We are doomed to the route of safe recycling. I really have enjoyed wonder womans 5th origin retelling and how batman saw zorro before his parents died, again.

Even when they do something sorta different like blue beetle or earth 2 they can't help but fuck it up.

>Almost all of the stuff Watchmen gets praise from is generally just the base level shit.
I'll agree with that, honestly. At some point all the "verbal cue with action described in the dialogue happening on the panel" gets grating as well.

But the mark it left was really for being such a layered work back in the day, so it's really going to look worn and rusty by today's standards (what with especially Watchmen casting such a large shadow over the entire industry ever since).

This is why I mentioned Unwritten - that issue where you decided the character's backstory in a COYA setting is the sort of stuff that really gets me pumping on the possibilities of comic as a medium.

Sounds like you need to stop reading Marvel and DC, user. They're always going to keep going in circles because the product they're trying to sell is Bruce Wayne as Batman and Peter Parker as Spider-Man.

There's plenty of comics out there that have growth and character arcs, but bitching on an Indonesian glass blowing forum isn't gonna help you find them.

I've moved away from them but I'll still bitch about this because capes were a good part of the last two decades of my life. It was much better when I didn't realize just how much of a product it was.

>because capes were a good part of the last two decades of my life
And if you liked any of the stories from that time period you're the reason all comics suck.

See how that works?

It's 2017 faggot not 1960. The past 20 years barely even includes watchmen.

Also, just a side note I'm sure we can all bitch about:

screenrant.com/watchmen-tv-series-john-cena-role/

He went from haunting my dreams by being in the hunt for Shazam and now he could be up for a character he has even less business playing.

>Johns doesnt know shit about history, philosophy or politics
Good thing Moore doesn't either.

When is he ever not mad about DC and Marvel.

Will this Rorschach also have a suppressed homosexual lust for Nite Owl?

>johnsfags being this mad

I wonder how much Rorschach OG wrote about Dan in his journal.

>Met with Daniel tonight. Tasted his beans.
>Could see bulge through pants
>salivated a bit
>thought about naked women, helped suppress boner

He also stole his cologne.

>Stole Daniel's stink
>Easily got hard later, thinking of it.
>Nutted quicker than normal. Will thank Daniel next time

Well, I saved this in 09 and it gave me cancer.

I will never not be entertained by Rorschach's homolust for Dan.

The comic that Moorefags will hate for merely existing.

If you think Daredevil Born Again is bad then what the FUCK do you read?

It's pretty funny, but then it also makes me sad.

Poor Walter. Child abuse is a bitch.

>Obama getting elected created tokenism

He didnt said it was bad, it's a good comic., but yeah, squadron supreme, death of captain marvel and born again are great comics, but outside SS those are not different than stuff like legends of the dark knight in trms of quality.

Marvel doesnt have a watchmen, sandman or a doom patrol, but there was a bunch of things from epic that were kinda marvel but not really.

>Marvel doesnt have a watchmen, sandman or a doom patrol
Born Again is better than Sandman and Morrison's Doom Patrol.

I suppose it would be easier to ask you if you think any american writer has a seminal comic to their name.

No it's not, not even close.

It's better than Doom Patrol, not better than Sandman or Lucifer.

It appears we disagree.

Care to answer this:
>I suppose it would be easier to ask you if you think any american writer has a seminal comic to their name.

because I bet the answer is "no".

I disagree.

Sup Forums really is the gayest board on this site.

Yes, it is. Not by far. I don't know why you think your opinion is fact.

user, Born Again is a good comic but it's far from the level that you think it is. It's basically a hollywood action blockbuster, a really well made one but ultimately doesn't have much to say.

To answer your question, I'll look at your rpecious Marvel's own Epic imprint and point at Moonshadow and Stray Toasters as two seminal comics written by American writers.

>Yes, it is
>I don't know why you think your opinion is fact.