SHAZAM Star Zachary Levi Believes That The Movie Will Be "DC's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY"

Is he right, Sup Forums?

>"James Gunn and the gang killed it. It brought so much heart and humor and yeah, I think it was kind of like this dark horse that took everybody by storm and I think SHAZAM kind of has the possibility to do that because Shazam’s not, for all intents and purposes, not Superman, it’s not Batman, it’s not Wonder Woman, it’s not what people expect."

comicbookmovie.com/shazam/zachary-levi-believes-shazam-will-be-the-dc-films-universes-guardians-of-the-galaxy-a156010

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFRWowVlMTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just want a Shazam movie that’s filled with hope and joy, and a talking tiger man

if you want to stay on good fucking graces, that's something you're supposed to say. even Ben Affleck said this before all the JL shit happened

>Snyder didn't created the character
>not rushed
Sounds good or at least better than current DCEU

And what Gotg ever bring to MCU? Looks like the most divisive franchise on MCU for marvel fans, you can't even bring guardians of the galaxy in a MCU thread without people saying "go back to lelddit"

>what Gotg ever bring to MCU?
Space.

MONEY

>not expecting WB interference after the JL shitshow

Probably not, Shazam only has some of the attributes that made Guardians succesful, notably it's ironically missing the "bunch of a-holes" part that Suicide Squad tried to ape, and the whole fish-out-of-water aspect.
That being said it's a good property to have, like he says, heart and humor, but in a more wholesome way than Guardians, if DC is okay with doing earnest superhero shenanigans again.

This.

>name dropping Marvel to promote your movie
JUST

Yes I would say he is right, people don't really know enough about Shazam to have expectations.

>using Sup Forums as anedoctal evidence for the public reception

user, I...

It proved that Disney can sell literally any character, no matter how obscure, so long as the MCU branding is on it.

Except the Inhumans. Fuck the Inhumans.

>Sup Forums faggots shitpost about it so it's divisive
Who are you kidding.

It's about a kid that turns into a superhero adult so there is bound to be some fish out of water aspects.

The bunch of assholes however doesn't work with Billy, Geoff tried and everyone hated it.

It brought a lot of undue praise for the MCU being SO CREATIVE XD WALKING TREE TALKING RACOON XD

>so long as the MCU branding is on it.
Making a good movie helped.

People didn't know about 90% of Marvel's characters. In that sense he could have compared it to any Marvel movie until phase 2.

Besides, everyone knows Suicide Squad was "DC's Guardians"

>whole fish-out-of-water aspect.
Peter wasn't really a fish out of water.

General audiences do know Captain Marvel more than Guardians

He's more on the level of Green Lantern.

repeat with me user: his name is SHAZAM, not captain marvel

>People didn't know about 90% of Marvel's characters
Well they knew iron man, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk very well.
These are not obscure characters in any sense.

I guess, it's just different from a guy who is stranded from his kind for 20 years and clings to his last remaining memorabilia like Arthur Dent clings to a cup of tea.
MCU Quill is eminently relatable to manchildren, and I don't even mean that pejoratively, Billy should be relatable to actual literal children, and that's not as easy to pull off properly.

Audiences even know him as Shazam too because of the show

I guess htat's not the correct term, but you know, his deep-seated attachment and culture to a world that he isn't in.

Thor and Iron Man were less recognizable than Shazam.

>Billy should be relatable to actual literal children.
Calm your tits there user because I don't agree, Mainly because kids don't give a shit but also because it sound like a horrible plan. Relatable to kids? He's a kid who becomes a superhero so keep it simple.

That's absolute bullshit.

I don't mean he should spend all his time watching youtube videos on his phone and posting on instagram if that's what you think, but of fucking course "a kid who becomes a superhero" should be relatable to kids.

I wouldn't really say so. Maybe the greater public conscious but today's geberal audience has no clue.

>have to define yourself by your competitor's product performance
set up for failure.

>and a talking tiger man
please this
also seconding Bill Murray as uncle dudley

He's Captain Marvel wtf are you talking about?

I liked annabel movie (i mean...it wasn't great but it was a solid horror movie)
the director seems like a cool dude (on twitter)
but I will get on the hype train when I see a) Levi being buff and b)at leaf a hint of a talking tiger

(and maybe mary marvel)

>this is a rule except for this thing that utterly disproves it
good post

hulk is the only marvel character a regular person might actually care about pre-movies
(they didn't have spiderman or Wolverine)

>someone not knowing who Captaon America is.
Fuck off commie.

>SHAZAM

I want him to team up with supes, who'd act as a mentor to Billy and show him the ropes of being a hero.

the average person might be able recognize him , but thats about it.

I think so, but that's probably because I desperately want it to be true. This is the only upcoming DC movie that I'm interested. If we can get one good stand-alone movie about the big red cheese it'll make the entire trash fire they've made so far worth it.

No, Captain Marvel is a Marvel character, you can tell by the name.

Motherfucking this. And give me the rest of the Shazam family while we're at it

No that miss marvel, aka captain mar-vell dunk sidekick that got raped by her own son.

After all the shit wb has done to the dceu, is this movie still even happening? I don't want the dceu to die but shit man

Black Adam in the first movie as the main villain with little showings of Doctor Sivana. Second movie uses the Sivana family as the main threat. Third movie is King Kull, a foe so horrible Captain Marvel and Black Adam need to teamup.

what?
they made thor 3 to emulate guardians

It will be probably not be connected to DCEU on anything but officially so they can claim to be their own universe if DCEU next movies flop

Critics were mad but MoS, BvS, and Suicide Squad made money. Wonder Woman made a lot of money. Justice League shit the bed but making comic book movies with DC properties can still be profitable.

DC PLEASE

ADAPT THIS

These threads are cancer. Nobody here has the least amount of faith in the DCEU shitshow and all these bullshit fake news circlejerks serve to do is provide a dumping ground for marvelcucks to spam anti-DC Tumblr gifs.

Mods, kick these threads to Sup Forums for once in your fucking worthless lives.

My point was that the Inhumans are so shitty that even the MCU branding couldn't save them.

>tfw you'll never have a strong chin like that
it hurts bros

Wtf are you talking about? No one in this thread is bashing DCEU or Shilling MCU in this thread.

It's humanly achievable. Do not lose faith in yourself.

>The bunch of assholes however doesn't work with Billy, Geoff tried and everyone hated it.
For like, the first week. Once Billy actually became Shazam, most readers were well onboard.

And I want a Shazam! animated series that's filled with hope, joy, and a talking tiger man. I think we can get along.

Should Billy be a Youtuber? Maybe a blogger? Kids don't really give a shit about radio anymore.

Johns had him say he did a podcast. But it never really showed up since the entire story takes place over...2 days?

Podcaster

I'll be deep in the cold cold ground before I call Billy Batson that.

I will never call him that. I trained myself as a child to remember his name is not SHAZAM, I bullied casual filth who thought his name was SHAZAM, and I will die before I call Captain Marvel SHAZAM.

They say that and yet WB doesn't have the balls to do Mister Mind

Can't have Billy already work a Whiz Media before he becomes Capt Marvel anyway.

Usually he starts selling papers alongside Freddy.

That’s because the Inhumans was a tv show and made by Ike Perlmutter with a budget of paper clips and a piece of string.

If Inhumans was made into a movie for the MCU and headed by Feig, people would be more easy on it (though it’s bevause it would have been better than anything Ike did).

I still think the Inhumans would have failed as a movie. Even the casuals see them as cheap X-Men stand ins now. Ike's poisoned the brand beyond repair

isn't shazam supposed to be a kid that becomes a magic manchild version of superman? or are they retcon that?

It's DC and WB

OF COURSE THEY DID

He still is. Asher Angel is playing Billy Batson and Zachary Levi is playing Cap.

That's completely untrue. Iron Man was a nobody in the public eye before the MCU.

>I will die before I call Captain Marvel SHAZAM.
Of course not, that's not her name. Her name is Carol Danvers.

Her name is Drunk Rape Victim.

well, we've got a normie here.

There's a word we patricians use for that.

>Using Sup Forums as public opinion
user, no.

You can go fuck yourself. He'll always be Captain Marvel

So how does everyone feel about casting so far?

They look perfect, but he's a good actor?

I'm so glad hack snyder didn't cast them.

I am one that thinks Levi is a bit slight but, honestly, so was Gal and I don't mind her. Even kinda liked WW.

Would I like to see someone the size of Cena? Yes. Would I prefer this dude over Cena? Literaly 100 times out of 100. So, as far as I'm concerned, we're good so far.

Sivana looks perfect even if I think Sir Ben Kingsley would've been great.

youtube.com/watch?v=YFRWowVlMTA
I don't know. It's hard to really tell from a Disney show.

>? No one in this thread is bashing DCEU
>Sounds good or at least better than current DCEU
>Shilling MCU in this thread.
>And what Gotg ever bring to MCU? Looks like the most divisive franchise on MCU for marvel fans, you can't even bring guardians of the galaxy in a MCU thread without people saying "go back to lelddit"

I'm JL wasn't as good as it should have been, user.

Wew lad. They tired the same thing for Suicide Squad and it failed
Get ready for Tattooed Dr Sivanas, Billy being a scene kid, and Dadrock all over the movie. It's gonna be great

I don't need hope and joy bursting forth, if only because that sounds artificially shmaltzy as hell. As long as it's fun and doesn't try to be serious: I love the goofy Golden Age stories, before Captain Marvel became an outdated relic symbol of the Silver Age nuclear family nostalgia.

>He will die knowing that he took all the credit from Kirby and Ditko, outlived Bob Kane, and Frank Miller, and giving a fuck you to "Shazam" fans
What a life

>also seconding Bill Murray as uncle dudley

Him or Chevy Chase

>He will die

DC did that to themselves and everybody knew it.

>giving a fuck you to "Shazam" fans
Not true at all.

the Frank Miller thing isn't yet either and I will be said either way.

He's an orphan on welfare, what do you think

>the bad guy wins
>the good guy lose

FUCK bros its not fair

It sounds like the dudes behind this one are saying it's like Guardians in that it's a change up from what's come before. I think he's just alluding to the film being more humorous than the past DC films.

I'm personally pretty hopeful for this. Snyder isn't involved, and it seems like it's distancing itself from the DCEU films.

>the Frank Miller thing isn't yet either
Not yet

Who's playing Sivana?

I'LL BE SAD DAMMIT

frank can get better, right? Right?

Mark Strong supposedly, I could be wrong though.

Honestly I said Kingsley but after thinking about it for six seconds it's a damn shame another Sir, Patrick Stewart, was already Xavier.

He just has to outlive Ike and it's a full house.

>Bob Kane
>DC regarding the Captain marvel rights
>good guys

Cheap x-men or not wouldn't matter. As long as the movie followed the standard formula and had a budget bigger than a bangkok whore it'd of made money.