ITT: We Post VAs who hated their roles

ITT: We Post VAs who hated their roles.

That's Garnet's VA right? What makes you think she hates her role?

She openly stated that the only reason she stays on the show is because the pay is good.
Not only does she hate the show and it’s values, she stated that the crew drew racial insults at her.

[citation needed]

[citation extremely needed]
I want the lulz goddammit

Most of the voice actors hate being on the show; just look at how they acted at Comic Con.
Pearl and Amethyst’s VAs even said they shitpost about the show here.

Check her twitter.

He not only hated voicing Aku, it might have actually killed him.

In his own words;
>It [Star Vs] feels like something deviantart would have cooked up in 2005. I have no idea how this ever got off the ground.

That's not good enough. Provide the specific tweets.

We need sources. This all sounds hilarious.

Michael Sinterniklass trashed Kappa Mikey at a con a while back

I need proof, goddammit!

He really hates Star Vs?

Yes, of course. Someone on the internet said so, so it must be true.

Apparently Susan Eisenberg doesn't like voicing Diana in Injustice but I never saw the source for that

Oh man. This would be hilarious, but I highly doubt it.

>This whole thread: [CITATION NEEDED]

She is a bit bloodthirsty.

He sure seemed happy enough with the role to reprise it in a cameo on Duck Dodgers.

Also, samurai jack ended two years before Mako died of cancer, which had nothing to do with his acting.

There's nothing on her Twitter that suggests this

Rob Paulsen on Bubsy and Coconut Fred.

>Also, samurai jack ended two years before Mako died of cancer, which had nothing to do with his acting.
All the pressure from Genndy to exaggerate his accent for Aku caused Mako smoke away the stress. Genndy was indirectly responsible for Mako dying.

He's lying. Adam is a huge fan of his character, he's been pushing Starco since Day One, he kept getting in trouble for spoilers because he was so excited to share future plans with the show, he's done recordings of behind-the-scenes stuff so fans can know more about what he does in the workplace, and most importantly he's a massive shitposter.

Man, fuck you for lying. Either provide the tweets or shut the fuck up, you know how funny this would be if true? And here you are making shit up for replies. Fucker.

If true I want to hold and console her

Fun fact; Rob Paulsen was approached to do the voice of Greg Universe. After seeing what the show was about, he promptly said “hell no”. Looking back, he considers this a huge bullet dodged.

This is clearly bait for shitposting, and whatever dumb fucks that believe it.

Pretty sure Harry Shearer loathes every day he has to record another episode of the Simpsons, but he continues to do it because it pays more than any other gig he could ever get.

Also Seth Macfarlane had gone on record to say that he wishes that Family Guy had ended years ago. Not sure if that's the same thing as hating voicing Peter/Brian/Stewie/Quagmire, but he definitely wishes he could put that part of career behind him.

I think that user was getting mixed up with Eden Sher.
She once stated that the only good thing about Star Vs was the career boost she got from it.

How good can the pay for voicework in a cartoon that hardly ever airs even be?

[CITATION NEEDED]

Voice work is done in advance by months to an entire year.

As for pay, search how much the Simpsons cast gets payed.

For real. This guy's pulled this shit before, also about SU.

Intense direction doesn't make one responsible for murder. Unless your name is John Landis

Clancy Brown had a rising career as a serious actor until he was cast as Luthor, at which point he became that one guy that plays cartoon villains and Mr. Krabs. Don't even expect him to be in the Highlander remake.

>He sure seemed happy enough with the role to reprise it in a cameo on Duck Dodgers.
You have to understand; even though he hated voicing Aku, Mako wanted to show other Asian actors that they can make it in the business.
Which is why getting a white guy to voice Aku in S5 was a huge shit on Mako’s grave.

Please tell me you don't really believe all voice actors get paid Simpsons level cash.

>This entire thread

MacFarlane isn't really a fan of American Dad either.

Bet you're a ton of fun at parties.

>The Simpsons
user, The Simpsons is a juggernaut of a franchise that's older than most people on this board. I'm talking about Steven Universe. Even with Sugar's boner for hiring pop and broadway singers to play most characters, how much can they get paid?

Why else would Estelle take the job? Her music career is all but dead.

>Mako wanted to show other Asian actors that they can make it in the business.
By playing an Asian caricature?

>Even with Sugar's boner for hiring pop and broadway singers to play most characters, how much can they get paid?
Estelle’s salary was enough to fund her last album.

Look I don't follow Steven Universe but I want to know from someone who isn't a shitty baiter. How did they act at Comiccon?

I would say that’s more on Genndy than Mako.
As a minority in Hollywood, you have to take any role you can get.

>How did they act at Comiccon?
How do you think?

This.

I was actually at Comic Con.
They acted dejected on stage and they were downright combative with the fans. You could tell Zach was forcing a smile as he went through the motions.

I need video proof.

Not an argument.

Rumor has it that Dee Bradley Baker fucking hated doing the voice of Fry for futurama. Something about behind the scenes tension with him and Seth Macfarlane

Believe it or not, Mako wasn’t exaggerating his voice that much when voicing Aku. He really sounded like that.

>Dee Bradley Baker
>Fry
>Futurama
Wait a sec-
>Seth MacFarlane
Oh ok I get it.

>Dee Bradley Baker
You reta--
>Seth Macfarlane
Ah, I see.

>not knowing the people that worked on your favorite shows

baka desu senpai

Holy shit I had no idea Kurgan was Luthor

I dunno if he hates the role but Steven's VA must be at least annoyed by now. He's clearly straining to do the kid voice, and Sugar (or maybe CN?) continues to ignore the obvious solution of letting the character age up.

No doubt, he was old. It's difficult to learn to hide your accent when you're old. My point is, as much as I like Aku, he was voicing a guy that could well have sprung out of an Edo period artpiece. His name is literally simply the Japanese word for 'evil'.

Something else SU related; apparently the voice actors like to dick around during their off time.
Rumor has it they make messed up voice recordings in character; I.E. Pearl acting like Dewey’s personal slut, Garnet imitating Buffalo Bill, Connie with a stereotypical Indian accent.
Apparently, there’s even a Steven x Greg recording the VAs made as a sick joke.

He doesn’t really strain to do it; he can switch from his regular voice to his Steven voice at the drop of a hat. It’s actually kind of impressive.

Fun fact, Peter Cullen has said that he would rather take 100 dicks up his ass every day for 100 days straight than voice Optimus Prime again, and he hates every single child who ever liked that character.

I hope this is true, but may I ask...
SOUUUUUUUUURRRCE!?

Fun fact; Rob Paulsen sucked my dick and told me he loved me. I promptly said “hell no”. Looking back, I consider this a huge bullet dodged.

Til all are one

And who can forget when Deedee farted in that little girls face and called her a faggot? All because the little girl cosplayed as her.

>a Steven x Greg recording the VAs made
Okay I really hope this one is real though

Wouldn't changing Aku's voice entirely or having him in a non speaking role have been a even huger shit on his grave?

All characters in Samurai Jack are caricatures. Hell, Genndy even made fun of Russians with Boris.

Did you know that in filming revenge of the sith, they cut off Christopher Lee's actual hands in order to get a more realistic effect?

They even had to repeat it three times because Hayden kept making lightsaber noises, and Lee laughed so hard, his blood loss became too fast for him to keep consciousness.

Literally the only believable post in this entire thread. The VAs seem like they would have watched 'those' left for dead youtube videos when they came out.

You're mixing it up with the time Liam Neeson threatened to punch Ewan, because he kept making lightsaber noises when bisecting Ray Park.
He did it so long the doctors went home, so Liam was the one who had to keep stitching him back together.

I could understand why because I'm assuming Injustice Wondy is just a generic "GRR I AM A TOUGH COLD HYPER BITCH" style character.

>"Sup Forums will believe literally fucking anything if it fits into their biases": The Thread

Arnett said it was emotionally draining but I never knew he hated it.

Whatever she's getting paid, it's not $300,000 per episode. Voice actors usually make a fraction of that per year. The Simpsons voice actors are by far the highest paid voices in the industry, they aren't the standard.

That is absolutely not true

but he does hate the Michael Bay version of Optimus Prime.

Did you guys know that Walt Disney hated voicing Mickey Mouse? He would constantly say "Man, fuck that stupid mouse, nigga. I would rather sit in my goddamn mansion and jack off to pictures of stalin!"
Truly, a genius of his time.

Are you sure user? Are you sure the quote about Michael Cullen saying he'd take 100 dicks up his ass is a lie?

I'm find you kind of hard to believe right now honestly

Oh yeah, Eden had a difficult time adjusting from live-action to voice-acting. She really prides herself on being a comedian, and after The Middle she was sending out audition after audition and didn't get a reply until Star vs., and she only got that role because she didn't sound like a saccharine little girl. It's taken her quite a while to get used to being Star, and in the beginning she was really resistant towards what development Star was getting, but I think after the end of the second season she's coming around and is actually enjoying it.

Haha, pretty much.

Dude. He said he'd take 104 dicks up his ass, get your facts straight.

Serious answer: I'm pretty sure Harry Shearer fucking hates doing The Simpsons now. He's only in it for the paychecks. He nearly quit a few years ago.

She's really great in the role. She gets a lot of character through in voice alone, which is a rare talent.

>the crew drew racial insults at her.

Calling her a Limey isn't a racial insult.

She does now that she's realized she doesn't have to emulate Star, since the writers have emulated Star after hyperbolic aspects of Eden. The first seven episodes of Star vs. are agony not only because of the "monster of the week" garbage, but also since Eden had too much hesitation in playing her role. She sounds so, so much better in later episodes.

He didn't nearly quit, he did quit. They had to shill out a lot of money because Shearer just voiced so many key characters.

Eliza J. Schneider walked from South Park because they wouldn't give her a union contract. I don't think she hated doing the show though, just the pay given how many characters she voiced.

I came to this thread looking for spicy drama, and all I find is a bored user trying to seed rumors.

Greg Baldwin replaced Mako in many of his roles. I believe the two were friends or something. I remember pre-Iroh people described him as a student of Mako.

You know that the voice actor for Steven, tweets at every SU fan to kill them selves

> rare talent

More like a prerequisite for voice work

No, most VAs don't get the same level of nuance and emotion across. I think she's a great voice actor.

Please for the love of god let this be real.

Greg and Mako literally never met. People kept asking Greg what it was like being a student of Mako and he had to keep telling people that while he admired the guy and appreciated his work, they've never spoken to each other before, and doesn't know how that rumor first started.

Her whimpering, moaning, grunting, and whining are all top-notch.

>he was voicing a guy that could well have sprung out of an Edo period artpiece. His name is literally simply the Japanese word for 'evil'.

What's wrong about that? You make this sound like some bad thing, I'm not even sure how you're suggesting it's bad. Is there something inherently wrong with Edo period art pieces? Are you suggesting that they're as offensive as a minstrel show, or that they're hokey and below the standards of someone of Mako's calibre? I literally cannot get what angle you're angling at.

It's a shame what happened with Schneider. Debi Derryberry was also briefly involved with South Park in like the early stages of season 4, but I figure she didn't stay on as long because of the union deal.

>Steven x Greg recording the VAs made