Sup Forums Christmas Cheer Thread #7

Previous thread: It's that time of year again. Time to share holiday comics, cartoons, comradery, traditions, and spread some cheer to your fellow anons.

As previous years share your Amazon wishlist and some random user may purchase a holiday gift for you. I'll have two of these pastebins going, one filled with the ungifted wishlist codes and another with all wishlists that have been posted this year.

To get your wishlist code open you wishlists on Amazon, then click on the name on the left side of the page it will update the URL at the top after /wishlist/. If you are using one of the international versions of Amazon please let us know when you post your list.

Amazon will automatically donate a small portion of your purchase amount to the charity of your choice if you simply type "smile.amazon.com" rather than using the usual "www". Doing this is just one more way to spread the love this holiday season (and the rest of the year too, if you so choose).

If you frequent the threads please don't spam your list number, if you want to keep sharing it please only post it once per thread. Just because you've posted your list doesn't mean someone will purchase you a gift. It's random how user's will choose who to buy for. But please take a look through some of the lists and see if there's anyone/thing you want to gift.

The pastebins will be updated at least once a day, if you have any questions or concerns you can email Elusive at [email protected]

Amazon changed how their lists work so please post letting us know when you buy gifts for someone.

Ungifted: pastebin.com/36vJM2pE
All: pastebin.com/rf4GDz5h

Other urls found in this thread:

watch2gether.com/rooms/acochristmas-kt2ijwabbjmgxtgg1c
mega.nz/#!5pgSiTyT!P8hkhjdf8Ib1cUp6bpSEgPupmuS38MHH_Vt14RF-dxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I decided to organise my friend group's new years party this year, because I had somehow forgotten how much of a mess it tends to be. So far two or three people are mad at me, one because I "alcohol shamed" her.

Got a surprise today! Thank you, Sup Forums Christmas Cheer!

I'm reading the book of that at the moment, it's great.

Stream is going at:
watch2gether.com/rooms/acochristmas-kt2ijwabbjmgxtgg1c

Currently there are Smurfs happening.

Glad to see the best time of the year on Sup Forums has come around again. Really looking forward to reading Serenity again.

awesome

>alcohol shamed

where are you from? organising parties with friends is a fucking mess, always. hell, I was organising a regular evening with three friends and one went ballistic because the host and I decided to watch Eurovision first and THEN play games. he was mad that we decided without consulting the others first because maybe they wouldn't be alright with it (which the other friend was so 3-1). I've given up on "planning" shit. I just decide and then tell everybody what is going down and when it's going down

as to NYE, I actually have no clue what to do. I want to party with friends but since I have no money, it's not really an option unless we party at home first. My gf brought up the possibility of renting a house somewhere in the south but that would be 50€ per person, which I definitely can't afford. This new year's eve won't be great at all

What have the others planned for NYE? What are you up to? Would you rather stay at home or party?

obligatory 1H0UA0MRH0GR1 .de shilling

>tfw collecting multi audio cartoons (disney etc)
>tfw female friend turns out to have watership down in two languages in 1080p quality
>tfw you have every mainline disney movie and one of the most brutal animated movies in 1080p

I don't think I've ever been to a "planned" party. It's always just been "we're partying at ____ house", bring you own booze and hang out.

It's that time again folks, time to scream time to cry, time to beg for help. Don't worry though I made it easy just like last year, all you need to play is Winrar or 7zip.

===Begin Hint===
Ho ho ho you fools, it's that time of year again, will you be smart enough to defeat me? Let's start slow. In order to open my box you'll have to know about a holly jolly soul, he's a big fan of pipes and stovepipe hats. The answer is his first name
===END HINT===

Reminder all answers are in lower case for all letters unless otherwise specified. Link to the boxes
mega.nz/#!5pgSiTyT!P8hkhjdf8Ib1cUp6bpSEgPupmuS38MHH_Vt14RF-dxI

Enjoy boobies and remember I'm watching so no cheating. My list FKVFTCKNPLCE

Here we go!

Hold on to your butts!

I'm from Scandinavia, so it's not like we're particularly prudent about it.

And yeah, I'm not to keen on it usually because it turns into such a damn mess most of the time. The main issue right now is that I live in a 28 sqm apartment and own no more than six chairs and everyone wants to bring a plus one because "it's only one more person!!".

>one because I "alcohol shamed" her.
Maybe she should check some support groups in the area.

>so no cheating
>flashback of downloading brute force decryptors

user you wouldn't want me to come over there would you?

Is that a hint?

I already can't solve it.

Just a friendly reminder that it's easier to crack the puzzle then bruteforce her

Sounded more like a threat...

>More cryptograms

There a way to do these on phone or will I need to wait 9 hours and go at it when I get home from work?

At least this one doesn't seem to be backwards! Or maybe it's just so backwards that we can't tell how backwards it is.

If no one's storytiming, I'll post a couple issues

Stay calm and think batboob

My Arkham appointed guardian says I don't have to answer that

Who do you think you are dealing with?

In theory you do it on a phone that lets you extract zips.

The second hint isn't about your previous puzzles, is it?

Tried

Santa, santa, Nick, nick, Nicholas, nicholas, Saint, saint, Kris, kris, Kringle, kringle and even Mario, mario

I got my Deadly Youth today, SCribs. Thank you so much man. Huge remender fan for years, and a Scribs fan from here on out.

The googlefu Phoenix

Glad it arrived safely, Merry Christmas!

Well it seems mega website doesn't like my phone.

Tell the truth the only I didn't know was Kris Kringle. The rest I knew due to jingles and such.

I'll be back in a few for another storytime

Reposting my list and the recommendation request from the previous thread:

2VJQYBU5P3M1A (co.uk)
It's all compartmentalized, so feel free to check the other ones as well.

And as always, I'll be happy with more recommendations. This year I'd like to focus on mainline DC (preferably something self-contained, and preferably in Omnibus form. I know Gotham Central is good, and I seem to remember Sup Forums loving Johns' GL run when it was still coming out... What more? 52? Infinity Crisis?) and more books on history of the comic book industry (I'd like to do a presentation on CCA for a con next year and need some source material). Also for my book book list, what would be the best collection of Lovecraft stories?

Also I can't help but notice that nobody redeemed any of the Crunchyroll 48h Guest Passes I offered:
>HMZDGK5UKES (this one expires on the 10th)
>VTUSK9BCPYZ
>HLFPZ7Q4D65

I forgot how this works, Riddler. Is Hint 1 to open Box 2, or Box 2's contents? I got 2 open but not the insides.

So this is where the fun begins

Too early for hints.

Do you people even carol?

You little stinker!

Ahhh awkward.

The first post opens box one which gives hint 1 which opens box 2, and so on and so forth.

For me

I'm Greek, we don't have the same carols. I don't know American carols.

I opened box 2 with frosty but that doesn't give me access to Hint 2 or the png.

Got the mega app. I think the site is designed so mobile users have to use mega with their mega app.

I planned my birthday this year and just went "Party in my garden. I got the booze, I got the food, come if you want" four days prior to the party. spontaneous parties are the best anyway

>that feel when no time for the puzzles

that's always the problem. luckily enough, my friends always come alone so it never goes like that. of course, you're an asshole if you refuse so the position you're in is always pretty much a lose-lose one

I'm assuming those are for the next box, with the previous box's hint being for this current box

If you haven't read Grayson is pretty good, also i think it got an omnibus
>what would be the best collection of Lovecraft stories
I heard The Complete Omnibus Collections were really good
3KOS71O8Q0T46 .com.mx Wishlist code

>>that feel when no time for the puzzles
You mean you don't have hours to dedicate to a hunch you get from a vague hint that leads you in the entirely opposite direction as the answer?

Well then it's time to pay denbts and learn them. But also that is a problem I run into.

There's always time

Fuck off Penguin, we all know it's you.

that actually sounds like the process of reading papers for my thesis

>There's always time

in three months, there is indeed. but by then, I'm probably lying on the ground, unable to even form a cohesive thought

>you're an asshole if you refuse
Tell me about it.

One chick just told me that it makes her SO sad that we won't include her random French boyfriend we've never met before even though she couldn't even be bothered to show up to the last two things we organised (including my birthday party) even though she said she would, and I want to tell her that but it'll just create more shit later on. I'm sorry for the blogging but I was already mad and her bullshit doesn't make it any better.

>even though she couldn't even be bothered to show up to the last two things we organised (including my birthday party) even though she said she would

I wouldn't even invite the bitch to begin with. I had a female friend of mine literally use the same excuse for not coming to my birthday twice in a row "I am currently at a skittles club (ninepin) party. I will contact you and come by later!". fucked me over twice by not coming in the end. just didn't invite her ever again because of that. you don't have to endure all the bullshit people are giving you. just don't invite her

>I'm sorry for the blogging

these threads are pretty much that mate

>I'm sorry for the blogging
You better be! Now, let me get back to talking about my breakup...

3H7IYBFP34A8A

Well dang, I still can't get into hint 2. I guess this one isn't for me.

It might actually be easy for you, mr cryptosolver

it's you again! did you even tell the entire story? I just remember you putting it in a nutshell

I can't seem to make the crypto out into anything relevant.

It's not just complicated, I just had the thread open as it happened and felt like venting here, first. The tl;dr is
>I move away for a year of school
>both of us hit a stressful time in our lives
>turns out we were less able to deal with these stressors than we thought
>user now has to relearn how dating works after three years of the easy life

We probably shouldn't invite her to things, but she's from a group we went to school with and usually everyone else is invited so it's either this shit or her whining about us not inviting her. Mostly because she's an incredible annoying mix of shiftless introvert and entitled brat.

But at this rate I should probably just cancel the whole thing and save myself from anymore fighting with her and miss "people don't understand my alcoholism"...

Hey Riddler, you said all lowercase for passwords. What's the technical situation on spaces and punctuation? For example merry christmas vs merrychristmas.

ah, now I remember. long distance relationships are always hard. are you doing the whole "let's be friends!" thing?

you should create a flyer next time

>place
>time
>requirements (booze, food)

fuck all of them if they need a confirmation on if there's a plus one option

>shiftless introvert and entitled brat.

that is a thing? I always thought entitled brats were the greatest piece-of-shit-extroverts

>an incredible annoying mix of shiftless introvert and entitled brat.

Shit user, my high school best friend turned into one of those and a transsexual, though he's back to being a guy now and its a a similar thing of being to much history to cut him off completely. Not a fun time, I 'd suggest you talk o your other friends and see what they think.

Its entitled in the ''I deserve all your sympathy, woe is me, pay attention'' kind of way.

My gift already came. To the user who sent me this, thank you so much, I’ve wanted this game for ages. You’ve taken a lot of stress off of me this week. Again, thank you.

BANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SLAMMA

Sounds like as much of a plan as anything else.

>thought entitled brats were the greatest piece-of-shit-extroverts
You'd think so, but no. She's a very quiet person who never reaches out or tries to organise anything, but as soon as she's included in something she'll push for things to be organised so that they're perfect for her. And if things don't go her way she'll just not show up and if asked she'll come up with some shitty excuse (almost always "my siblings came home and I wanted to spend time with them").

>You can only get me a card for Christmas
How do I spin that into a funny gift? My dick printed on cardboard?

>I deserve all your sympathy, woe is me, pay attention

fuck those kind of people. the friend I mentioned before (who was mad that we didn't ask him whether he was alright with our plans for the evening) whom I met in 5th grade turned out to be depressive and basically ruined his relationship with us on that very evening. people who can't take criticism or accept that other people can make plans without needing the confirmation of literally everyone are just plain retarded. they just want to be the center of attention while only bringing complaints to the table

Do you expect the recipient to have a microscope handy?

We've all seen your dick user.
Nobody would call it funny.

Not when I blow it up to A2.

Very fancy cover, inside is an incredibly crudely drawn Dickbutt.

Riddler, you don't have an address!

>She's a very quiet person who never reaches out or tries to organise anything, but as soon as she's included in something she'll push for things to be organised so that they're perfect for her

awh hell nawh. she'd have my foot up her ass in an instant. I'm lazy myself but lazy people with demands are the definition of douchebags

if you paint your dick into an elephant, why not? always a classic

Wait, maybe I messed up by going to the item store page.

ROASTED

when I think about it, you could always go the "If you don't reply to this message your mother...." route

Okay, no, I think you need an address.

I spoke to one other friend earlier who "didn't want to get involved" but still spoke to my first friend and caused half of this bullshit. Because we really needed more drama.

Yeah, I've been so tempted to just go off at her several time because of it, but I really doubt that it would help.

Phrases will be in natural form should there be spaces.

What's this?! Weird think I found a bug in Amazon. Fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.

Lists are updated, we're at 93 registered and 28 gifted, 30% gifted.

Pop up card, have what ever you want shoved in
their face.

I love you all.

I threw in a special surprise item that wasn't on your list. Merry Christmas, Nygma, hope you enjoy!

Thanks Scribs! When I'm back in my evil lair I'll be sure to take a look, make sure you're around in a week for my gift spree.

I guess i'll throw my hat into the mix here
1W60M06SAH6HB

A rare Yugioh, Magic the Gathering, or Pokemon card

Guys... You won't believe this...

I won a contest for a custom made Rasberri Pi 3. It'll have Retropie in it and a SNES USB controller. They sell that for around 130$ in their store... HOLY SHIT!!!!

(For people that don't know what I'm talking about, It'll basically be a box that will have Mame32, NES,SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and other roms in it and I can hook it up in my TV and play)

You're very welcome! As I said on the gift notes, I saw a certain item on your list and thought of it not so much as a gift but as a necessity, and the other one I threw in for fun. Hopefully you are pleasantly surprised.