Batman#36 - Superfriends part 1

Batman#36 - Superfriends part 1

bump for worlds finest

that shadow on his arm is a face haha

COOL

This reads like someone did the "Sup Forums fixes webcomics" treatment on a Bendis comic.

Actual shadow projected from Sup's face, it tends to look like outstreched human face, props on the artist for knowing projections on "3D" surfaces.

Looks like Jim Lee on WB.

I know its not but just saying what it felt like @ first glance.

Should have just taken Superman to the governor.

Why is Lois so absurdly hot in her every post-Rebirth appearance?

>King writes Superman as passive aggressive
>implying some sort of emotional gap between World's Finest
>that Bendis speak

GDI here we go again

she's a milf now.

But Batgod is not friends with that Alien who brought the war to us.

>Implying Lois was ever not-hot
Forget Superman, how many powerful people in the DCU have had a boner for her?

Apparently the comic is about Superman and Batman examining their relationship and wondering if they are friends or not. Which honestly at this point and post-merging between Superbro and Superdad, the answer should be yes.

Also Clark would never have a problem calling Bruce to congratulate him nor Bruce calling Clark, especially just to announce that he's engaged with Catwoman of all things.

King tries too hard to make people seem broken or fucked up and often times they come out as immature and he always writes the same type of character.

wish DC wasn't cheap and paid Loeb

is this the hottest rendition of lois?

Is King trying to break every relationship Brunce has that isnt Selina. It feels like he is. We all know they are best friends. Tons of writers have examined and explained thst they are.
What exactly is King gonna change about their relationship?

New reaction image.

literally the hotline bling drizzy

it's up there, although i prefer ordway and gleason. benes draws her too sexy for my taste

Tbh the soccer mom vibe from Super Sons is the hottest Lois

>Clay mann doesn't draw supes as cavill anymore

feels bad

Don't not make any sense Batman has these muscles, who does pencil don't try to go in the origin of the characters?

Lois is usually hot except for the movies for some reason.

>Amy Adams isn’t hot
Fucking kill yourself faggot

>they took awarding winning actressthat her lined were gonna be replace with stupid shit like 'you smell good' and 'Thirsty'

She is, but she's miscast as Lois. I do feel bad for her, though -- she signed the contract to portray Lois on the understanding that there'd be a trilogy of Man of Steel movies where Lois would get a little character time and not be just an empty plot device. Then MoS fizzled and WB started going into correction mode, and Lois ended up being an empty plot device in BvS and JL. Apparently she's not too happy about that and is looking to get out of her contract, just not quite as publicly as Affleck.

>GDI here we go again.
Oh you mean the usual bitching and nitpicking about King? Yeah it's getting old hat by now.

Same thing with Mistet Miracle, he fucked up all his relationships and just left Barda.

And I suspect Granny Goodness might be his hardass Hollywood WB exec mother.

So he might be self inserting.

Don’t post when you’re having a stroke

>t. Tom King

user those are all completely valid complaints. If anything that's the same tired defense of his work you see no matter what the complaint is. "King haters all sound the same" they all ironically say.

Sweatpants Lois is Best Lois.

>he fucked up all his relationships and just left Barda.
>And I suspect Granny Goodness might be his hardass Hollywood WB exec mother.
you didn't read mister miracle did you?

his mom has passed, so that's a bit fucked but she was a WB exec. Which I think makes him a plant.

you say that as if it finished. The correct phraseology would be "you haven't read..." or "you don't..." as it is still going.

It's one user that gets butthurt about people not worshipping King.

Not saying that there aren't anons that like him because they are and many have said that they like some of his work and dislike other stuff that he's done, but there's always one butthurt user that cries about people not liking King woth the same tired accusations of "co hivemind" and "typical Sup Forumsntrarianism" blaa blaaa they sound like a tired record.

Maybe they should just go and eat a veggie tray, it's King approved.

Mister Miracle is an ongoing, you idiot.

And it's nowhere near done.

>Oh you mean the usual bitching and nitpicking about King? Yeah it's getting old hat by now.

It's what we get with Batman fans on Sup Forums though.

>Loeb is the worst ever. Total hack.
>Winnick is the worst ever. Total hack.
>Morrison is the worst ever. Total hack.
>Snyder is the worst ever. Total hack.
>King is the worst ever. Total hack.

Looking for valid criticisms of this series on Sup Forums is a fucking joke.

12 issue mini series but your point stands

His mom was a WB exec? Interesting.

Calm down, Tom King, maybe you would like /r/comicbooks they worship you there.

Have a carrot.

Messydesk Lois is BACK

guess we'll add this one to the pile as well.

Though asserting something as dumb as
>Sup Forums doesn't slobber morrison's taint (rightfully so)
is laughable. Especially lately it seems.

Different user, I actually don't think a definitive number was given though.

Loeb is bad.

Seems to me like the exact opposite.

I like how Clark is rescuing the locomotive while Lois is already written about it.

Good synergy between the couple.

Not him user, and I understand opinions are like assholes but...

YOU'RE WRONG WRONG WRONG

>Batman fans
Yes, because Sup Forums is full of batman fans and not Bat-haters.

>trying to force a meme

A bit like how King tried to "Kite Man, Hell Yeah" isn't it? I think user's just a genius you fail to comprehend, brainlet.

Posting pattern is obvious and it's always the same "why you bo like King, you don't have good complaints durrhurr" shit.

Sup Forums is not a hivemind, you can't take it, get out to a board dedicated to Batfans or Bathaters, people her both like and hate Batman so deal.

It says 12 right on the cover.

Just have a carrot user and slit your wrist so you too can become Mister Miracle.

Do you like Hush?

The truth is that scott and grammy have more to do with the lore de scott than something personal, because being honest, the closest thing that scott had to a maternal figure was grammy, no matter how much he has mistreated there is a feeling very bizarre inside that anyone would have

But King's memes was successfulthis on the other hand is a sad attempt at shitposting.

Actually it was the reviewer sites for making a big deal about the veggie tray (which Gerards so lazily copy and pasted and King gave so much unnecessary attention to) and King agreeing with some hack that Gerards should get an Eisner for the motion lines he made when Scott and Orion grabbed a carrot from the veggie tray.

>Posting pattern is obvious
Yeah, the people who keep shitting up every storytime with a king comic are very predictable.

Before his son died he was decent to be honest, after that if he fucked up. I do not blame him, that would hit anyone and I sure wanted to try to do something good

I'm sorry, were you trying to say something user?

This is not a storytime, it's a preview. Besides if you want to read a comic peacefully then fucking buy it or pirate it yourself.

Anons mess up multiple storytimes, your precious King is nothing special.

Grow a backbone.

He wrote a fun Superman and Batman comic tho.

Why even have storytimes then?

I hate it. I love The Long Halloween and most of what he's done with Sale to be honest. And if you don't, for the most part, it's not indicative of you're overall taste but it does mean you dislike some really good comics.

first, it was a joke. second, taking it even marginally seriously, user made those posts a minutes ago in a thread on Sup Forums, King shilled his shitty meme over multiple entire arcs on a comic.

At the least we'll have to give user some time and we can see if the meme catches up.

I think the truth is none of us know a fucking thing about king or his relationship with his mother irregardless of her place of employment. And while I noted that was true to the other user I did actually decide to not include a portion chastising him for getting way too personal.

facts are facts, conjecture based on shitting on a writer someone dislikes isn't something I really wanted a part of.

>Reeeee memes
>Respond with a meme

>Defend memes because muh King

Kingfags are confused.

Sale carries those works. They rely heavily on style and gimmick.

>first, it was a joke.
>I was only pretending to be retarded.

Because not everyone is a pussy like you.

Hey user guess what?
>you're not very good at this.

to read and discuss the fucking comic. not to fucking automatically stroke it. Some story times are for pain, others for nostalgia, weekly wednesday story times are simply, essentially, generals for that specific title that released that week.

Everyone who reads it hops in and reads it.

I'm one of those people who "shits them up". I also always repeatedly give, at least an attempt at, valid criticism. I have the shit on my pull list. I had two copies of Batman until recently. I get so sick of you fucking "Sup Forums is love" faggots acting as if criticism doesn't belong here. As you'd prefer it to just be people complaining about race and other superficial shit that has nothing to do with comics.

I noticed King likes to use the 3x3 paneling which honestly I find innovating, you all are just haters.

Wish he would use it more in Batman tho.

>At the least we'll have to give user some time and we can see if the meme catches up.
So you're defending shitty forced memes then?

Hey user you should learn how to greentext properly.

>I'm proud to be a dedicated shitposter.
Sad.

I don't think you know what the word shitposting means. This is like when everyone started thinking that "trolling" is just not being nice

This, this is no one's personal board and not a safe space. People will have discussions and people will troll and if you can't handle that or a dissenting opinion then go to reddit where everyone strokes everyone else.

>hey user
Maybe you should keep posting that unfunny forced
>meme of a vegetable tray
It's clever and not at all proof at how triggered you are that King is a popular writer.

>this is no one personal's board
Says the samefag.

Superman might be fool enough to call Batman "friend"; but Batman is definitely not friend of Superman. A "friend" doesn't make plans or weapons to hurt or kill you and your sons.

Even if precautions are needed considering Superman's powers, this is a betrayal to any kind of trust you can have. When Lois discovered this, he wanted to break Batman just like Bane did time ago.

You're lying to yourself user, the only triggered fag here is you.

>A bit like how King tried to "Kite Man, Hell Yeah" isn't it? I think user's just a genius you fail to comprehend, brainlet.
yes that was an incredibly serious, straight faced post. much like this.

I don't necessarily disagree but I still have yet to hear any convincing (not from you just in general) argument as to why Loeb is weak in it or in the Color books.

Gambit/Wolverine is weak. Even Cap White is a bit stale. But For All Seasons is fantastic as well. The only complaint is generally it's sentimentality which isn't a complaint, just an observation of a tone that people seem to dislike.

Fucking with Hulk and Nova doesn't ruin his entire output, in my opinion. Though neither of those affected me much to be fair.

Shit understanding of Superman/Batman there matr.

Its not since it doesnt frame the story right and is overused in his run as it is. Along with his unnecessary splash pages.

Kite-man going hell yeah wasn't a meme but a running gag, a very common device in fiction. You trying to make a vegtable tray the next big guy is a forced meme.

masterful, user.

I'm defending fairness. In which King's "Hell yeah" meme was granted much more time in that joke I'd that you'd taken seriously.

No, had you taken the time to read carefully like I thought you King fans were wont to do you'd have noticed the quotation marks there. This was meant to signify that, while I was using your words, I disagreed with the idea that what I was engaging in could be referred to as "shitting" anything up as it is exactly what story times are for.

your first comic?

>I'm defending fairness.
Seems more like you're defending a shitty forced meme to me.

Think that the next time someone steal Batman's toys and use them to kill Superman and his family. It has happened many times.

Basically there is a lob before the death of his son and after the death of his son.
Just like this frank thousand pre-9/11 and post 9/11

You're defending a shitty meme while misunderstanding what a running gag is.Congrats, you are autistic.

I wonder how King feels about Waid fucking up Viv.

>You trying to make a vegtable tray the next big guy is a forced meme.
You seem to be confused, user. I thought you King fans were sound in the mind.

user saying something two times in rapid succession isn't a meme either. This was the point of my joke. Which user took seriously. And then took seriously again here:
Less I be falling for some foolishness. Though this user also seems to take my joke as a serious defense and fairness, in the context of the joke, to also be a serious defense.

I remember thinking the Two Face plot in Long Halloween was contrived, I didn't enjoy it. I haven't read it in a while, truly. Maybe I will give it a reread.
I haven't read For All Seasons or the color comics besides Daredevil Yellow which is ok. Loeb wrote a lot of shit though.

Does anyone remember the ballad of kite-man? I mean, I see that they complain about the "meme" but not about the story itself. Which was good. I mean, minimal is not a senseless frace, king gave the depth to something that literally almost no writer does

and by "this user" I mean him: