Who Is The U.S. President in the MCU

Just watched this last week's episode of Runaways (fucking loving it) and one of the SJW kids had a "I'm With Her" shirt on and they made a joke about how it no longer brings him unbearable sadness.

That got me thinking, who is supposed to actually he president in the MCU and how are they reacting to all this superhero shit?

I know Luke Cage and Runaways have both name-dropped Obama's administration. But in Iron Man 3 (2013) a generic fictional white guy is president. Therefore, combined with the Hillary Clinton joke is it safe to assume that the MCU's presidential succession is:

Obama 2008-2012
Ellis 2012-2016
Trump 2016-today

And if so, is there a build a wall movement against muties?

>MCU
>muties
God live action fags are so stupid.

Go fuck yourself, the buyout is happening, they're going to be retconned into the world sooner rather than later.

>Is the xenophobia metaphor turned homophobia metaphor really forced racism metaphor?
You people will never be happy.

Some generic dude.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if MCU and the comics didn't just blanket ban name drops on Trump while he's president.

You can't emphasise his positive aspects because he has none, you can't put him as a villain because he lacks a core ethos or sheer unstoppable emotion and people would bitch like crazy, and you can't parodise him because US citizens don't understand parodies.

Just look at back to the future 2, the fact that tannen was based off trump (to an arguable degree if you need to nitpick), supposedly still counts as trivia.

With Obama? Intelligent and well spoken. Bush? Goofy, misunderstood father figure. Clinton? Laid back, cool, but with an underlying sense of pragmatic functionality.

Trump? I'd be genuinely curious if you could do something with him that doesn't come off as a parody, like someone who's seen half of LoGH, and decides he likes the 'no homo bro' empire now.

Who is Ozymandias?

They better fucking not, mutants are fucking stupid and if they put that shit in the MCU it's going to suck.

If some sort of buyout DOES happen I'd much prefer they make a completely separate "Mutant Cinematic Universe" and set the stories on an alternate Earth from the ones in the main movies. Then once they've decided to move on to the whole "multiverse" aspect of Marvel, they can do a crossover between the mutant universe and the Avengers universe to set up how alternate worlds and all that shit works.

>Who is Ozymandias?

Explain further, I'm intrigued by what point you're arguing, and against what.

but in Iron Man 3 Ellis said he was re-elected and that takes place 6 months after Avengers in December 2013

so what now smart guy

The President in Iron Man, Ellis, seems to be a Jeb! stand-in. Here's how I think it went:

Obama got elected in 2008 and served out his first term, as in the OTL.

The events of the Battle of New York turned into an enormous scandal (especially if anyone figured out about the nuke) and Obama lost to the Republican Ellis in 2012.

The HYDRA and AIM infiltration became a far bigger scandal than even the Battle of New York, so the people of the MCU went full "why not", primaried Ellis (or he resigned), and then we got something similar to 2016 except "but muh emails" was replaced by something fantastical.

I want Marvel to use Lester Verde as a slightly more competent Trump analogue.

He knows how to play the media, but is woefully unequipped to be President.

We need to stop these aliens folks. We got Low Energy Thor coming to our border, saying, "oh hey America, can we stay here?". And we gotta tell 'em no, we're already getting enough qualified immigrants from places like Chayna, and we gotta vet heavily anyone else who comes. Because when Asgard sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing Frost Giants. They're bringing Vanir. They're rapists.

Hillary losing doesnt mean Trump won in universe.

Typically they will show the President in silhouette and make it real obvious who it is, but don't say it outright.

though Dan Slott said he thought the President should be depicted as a good and heroic person even if many don't think so, which is why he had Bush shown clearly and standing his ground against an attack back in Avengers Initiative.

Hillary Clinton.

>Turncoat Steve Rogers is UNAMERICAN and should be behind bars! Failing FBI should be investigating SHIELD, find out where he's hiding, and #LOCKUPCAP

You sure you want this, OP?

Pretty easily. Trump ran with his primary focus being on the working class
>Good president
Just portray him as just that
>Bad president
Make him a manipulative smooth talker.

I've met Tony Stark.
Completely unprofessional. Not even that smart. I probably would have done as good as him if I had gotten into that business.

Does it really matter, trumpeters and non-comic reading normal fags will bitch and moan if trump is viewed with anything less than overwhelming positivity.

This is my new head canon

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - QUIPS. Many such cases!

I mean, we haven't seen anything with the American governement since CW, but we know Cap is in exile and the US governement is pretty corrupt... it's not exactly far fetched that the president in that world would use him as a scapegoat.
I'm not saying I actually want that in the movies, I'm saying it's believable.

WE ARE GONNA BUILD A WALL AND THE CHITAURIANS WILL PAY FOR IT

This one's true though.

>"Mr. Stark, how do you respond to the President's latest criticism of the Avengers and you personally? Will your company be footing the bill if he cuts funding?"

>"Well I'd say it's 'sad' he wants to pretend I care, but I have better things to do than shout at people I don't like on Twitter most of the day. The Avengers will continue to protect America and the rest of the world, no matter how many tantrums he has."

please asshat, like partyboy stark and the donald weren't old drinking buddies...

Tony talks too much science and wouldn't ever be loyal to Donny. Tony is a globalist.

>build a wall to keep the muties out
This concept is hilarious to me.

Fuckin Toad can hop over the wall

>6 months after Avengers in December 2013

Guardians takes place in 2014.
Age of Ultron takes place after Guardians, because Thor mentions 4 infinity stones having been found already. Let's say 2015.
Civil War takes place one year after Age of Ultron, so 2016.
Spider-Man Homecoming takes place a few months after Civil War, let's call this one 2017.
Avengers took place 8 years before Homecoming, which would place it tentatively in 2009.
Iron Man 3 took place during Christmas time 6 months after the Avengers. So Christmas of 09?

Ellis was the president from 2004-2012, then got replaced by Obama for 4 years.

I think that's a good question, it made me think for a moment. Does this apply separately to the comics and movies? I think it's different...

not getting political with it, I'm just saying I found it really funny how much shit the people making tv and movies had to eat when he won
like changing male presidents to female presidents, or like how the mayor in lego batman is TOTALLY NOT CLINTON GUYS
and it was done in anticipation of her being president

and I also wish they would embrace trump, because hes such an entertaining fellow. They used to love trump in hollywood until he ran on a republican ticket

Nobody gives a shit Sup Forums

Yeah why can't Trump be a regular President. When Bush and Obama were President they had goofy and serious moments. If you put Trump in something it's always political and the story centers around him instead of just being someone who exists.

?