Why is romance in cartoons usually done so shitty?

Why is romance in cartoons usually done so shitty?

Half the time I don't even care who ends up with who, I just want to see cool fun wacky adventures, and maybe a little romance occasionally. Not all the fucking time.

Other urls found in this thread:

giancarlovolpe.tumblr.com/post/82641459722/a-little-behind-the-scenes-look-of-the-early
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because cartoons are mostly made by Beta Loser Males. That and if Female Characters were written realistically? Male Characters would stay single or get dumped. And most of you losers wouldn't be able to accept reality.

>Why is romance in cartoons usually done so shitty?
because of time restrictions and drama; you get like eleven to 25 minute episodes and tv shows like their drama, can’t have drama if the MCs are together or with their respective love interests. I like how ATLA did their romance plots

Reminder that platonic > romantic, always.

>OP pic show Svtfoe
>Written by beta males

Most of the time, men depict female characters as everything women have NEVER been. They're waifus, they're intelligent, they're loyal, they're honorable, they're strong and a lot more garbage that makes me want to kill such sub-human lesser males.

We'd be doing the growing generation of male demographics a favor by actually showing them how twats really are. Hypergamous self-obsessed empty headed Briffault's Law upholding leeches who don't care about men. Not even for a so called "alpha male" would a woman take a bullet. To hell with any bitch and any mangina that continues to present twats as everything they have never been.

Yeah, most of the time. Star vs. is the exception, where they have been blatantly unrepentant about Star's lust for any and all males, especially ones with aesthetic features or muscular bodies. I'm keeping a checklist of things she's gotten wet by and so far the only ones she's missing are snuff, waterworks, and scat.

Romance is a cancer that kills good, funny series.

If only there were a cartoon where not one, not two, not three, but FOUR (4) relationships were done right... where they were actually written more from the female perspective as opposed to male fantasy... where both the girls AND the guys were 100% rounded characters.

Oh, and did I mention that the lead male and lead female each get different love interests, and that there's very little relationship drama?

I rarely like the romance of any show. If I do, it's usually when it's implied.

What’s the premise of the show? Cus’ this looks kinda boring

Time constraints and the fact that cartoon writers are some of the worst creators on this planet.

>I just want to see cool fun wacky adventures, and maybe a little romance occasionally. Not all the fucking time
CW's garbage must drive you up a wall then.

It's an action adventure series, not a girl show as you might be thinking.
In fact of all the other cartoons I've ever seen (a lot) it's by far the most similar one to ATLA overall.

ATLA is a girl show, user.
Anything that focuses on interpersonal relationships is a girl show.

Will look into it, but not going into it with much hope my friend

So what's not a girl show to you?

If you do watch it, first make sure it's the DVDRip.

Other versions have bullshit like scenes cut out and the theme replaced.

Winx Club is better

user, he’s too manly for tv or cartoons, he watches the fireplace while contemplating life questions and stoking his beard

Burn the W.I.T.C.H.!

Winx is a real girl show, in the worst way possible.

Does this show actually develop or progress past the "lol, so random" schtick? I watched the first couple episodes but it seemed a bit too wacky for my tastes, but I might check out some episodes where there's more "muh feelings" shit that Sup Forums apparently doesn't like

Remember that comic Giancarlo Volpe did about the GLTAS focus groups? ATLA is a girl show.

giancarlovolpe.tumblr.com/post/82641459722/a-little-behind-the-scenes-look-of-the-early

I mean, I don't have a fireplace, and I do watch cartoons, but...

I only watch Miraculous because of the shipping desu.

I didn't ask you why you think ATLA is a girl show.

I asked you what you think isn't a girl show.

We need more cartoons where the main pairing get together before the end of the show.

Teen Titans Go!, Animaniacs, BTAS, South Park, Archer, most of Regular Show, TMNT, most superhero shows, LEGO Ninjago, ... There's room for debate and most of these can be said to be appealing to everyone. This is more about the primary audience as opposed to the sole audience.

Only repressed cucks and virgins think this.

Yes please
>Hero couple at the start
>they kill each other in the end
>"And s/he was a good friend"

Romance, both in fiction and real life, is one of those things that you either love or hate. There's no in-between. So there's always a 50/50 chance that something will be up your alley or not.

>tfw kind of like WITCH, not the best but a bit of a guilty pleasure
>would make a thread every now and then
>WITCHfag appears and now the show is a meme

Reminder that Jackie got the shittiest end of the stick, she does not deserve it, and is pure

Yet unlike you, I've actually got many anons to watch it.

So who's the real fan?

Because most people don’t understand a good romance is based on chemistry, respect, trust and caring about the other person’s feelings. Most romances in media are merely physical attraction, without the fundamentals that make for a relationship.

>>they kill each other in the end
W-What?

the ones that read the comics

Because only retards want relationships in the first place.

Star vs. is actually pretty real in terms of teenager romances.
Not that Sup Forums understands how people act.

friends with benefits > friends > lovers

For a kino ending

The comics with a bunch of retarded writing and where the girls look like children, you mean?

Keep telling yourself that as you continue to live the dream of being an overweight Sup Forums beta faggot.

Reminder she was a fucking plot device/no character and you defend this garbage writing because shipping.

Keep projecting and longing to waste your life on some worthless whore.

Fuck off with your mediocre cartoon and its abysmal bland excucses for characters

I remember getting all six of those burger king toys and wanting to watch the series but it never playing when I could.
I also found Irma's toy on the ground in a Walmart so I never got her little booklet.

They're by far the most rounded characters I've ever seen in any cartoon, period.
If you ever want to watch it, get the DVDRip.

go to bed jackiebasher

Just kill yourself already.

Yes, the show does mature by the second half of season 1.

Are there any particularly feelsy/shippy episodes? I looked up the episode list and all I saw intriguing from season 1 was Mewberty.

Dang, the more I hear about Volpe the cooler he becomes to me. He's like a reverse Bruce Timm.

Where are new eng dubbed episodes?

>He's like a reverse Bruce Timm.
How? I don't get the analogy here.

I think that's the only reason anybody watches it.

The more I hear about Timm the more my admiration dims. The Killing Joke and Batman and Harley Quinn have made it so I'd be very happy if he never animated anything ever again.

At the least I wouldn't give him creative control over any other DC properties.

Netflix is not only one who airs eng episodes.

Yeah but if you want them without network watermarks then netflix is the only option. Or BD/DVD rips

I made this just for you, Witchfag, keep on spreading the good word.

kek.

Only Caleb and Will's boyfriend are fleshed out to be characters. Never read comics, but in the cartoon, the rest of the guys are worthless and feel shoved in by obligation. Douchebug with whom Irma ended up with is the worst offender.

>So who's the real fan?
The one who doesn't meme shows he likes.

>I've actually got many anons to watch it.
Jesus Christ I bet there were moderate rick and morty fans at some point before fags like you started pickle-shilling

Why can't cartoons eschew generic romance and focus on a more interesting plot instead? It'd be better if they just hint at two characters being FWBs. That way you can avoid romance without making the characters seem unrealistically chaste.

Romance is less degenerate.

capitalism says no

There are toons with romance between chaste characters

>FWBs
Absolutely disgusting

Also, tons of cartooms eschew romance, you're just ignoring them.

In real life, most people are much shittier and would be much less fun to follow than most protagonists. Realism is only good up to a point, and no one but the most extreme of autists will bitch about exceptionalism for the sake of making the story something that doesn’t want to make you bang your head against a wall.

>Because most people
I respect your post for not making it a "man only" thing. Women are as bad at this as men, and their women-aimed fiction is the worst example of this. Dont be a retard asking for examples, we had to deal with those vampire shitty movies years ago.

I’d say it more has to do with how the relationship drama plots shows try to shove in are actually counter intuitive to showing the bases of relationships that you mentioned.

>men have a monopoly on shitty romance because of ridiculous expectations

Fucking Mobile Suit Gundam: War in the Pocket is all I can think of.

Although it happens all the time for non-main characters in Gundams.

That is not necessarily true. If you are referring to how it usually ends up being executed, you may have point, as Cartoon writers are often bad at writing romances and insist on ruining them with soap opera drama, but their is nothing inherently superior about platonic relationships rather than romantic ones.

>svtfoe
>written by beta male
More like written by the cuckquean her self Daron Nefcy

Modern cartoons don't have adults heading them anymore. The majority of the latest crop aren't that far removed from their high school days, so the automatically inject their awkward teenage bullshit since it's their only frame of reference when it comes to non-platonic interactions.

You're in luck, Spain airs dual audio episodes. Dark Owl is aired today, and there's a new hero and 2 new villains

Still mad that stacy rejected you in high school, huh?

People with shallow relationships and connections to people irl try to write romance and personal interaction. Also because they tend to opt for drama over actually writing a good relationship.

Because cartoons are generally written for children who have a very juvenile and underdeveloped sense of what a relationship is.

>Douchebug with whom Irma ended up with is the worst offender.
You never watched the cartoon.