Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics

Episode 5 of Secret History of Comics is on AMC now.

This week, a look at the history of Milestone Comics.

Milestone has a lot of great characters I’m glad people get to learn about them.

This is just in time for the Milestone reboot too. I people go out to read Milestone after watching this.

This show has actually been surprisingly good.

I think this is a perfect way to remind people that it takes the effort. I don't like the premise from the commercial of "there were no black heroes so they made some" but I do like the idea of "we didn't like it so we made something new" being looked into for normies to see.

GOTTA BE BE
GOTTA BE
SUPER HERO
GOTTA BE BE
GOTTA BE
STATIC SHOCK

Shit, I missed the episodes past the pilot. How have the topics been?

That fucking song is gonna be stuck in me head all week because of this episode.

>This show has actually been surprisingly good.

Agreed. I'm digging it so far. Glad to see a show actually about comics on TV.

>Dwayne RIP
My feels

They did history of Wonder Woman and Superman creators and 911.

First episode was Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
Second episode was about Wonder Woman
Third episode was Jerry Seigel and Joe Shuster
Fourth episode was about how the comic industry dealt with 9/11 and the changing political landscape in the early to mid 00's (up to Civil War)
Fifth episode is Milestone Comics
The sixth (and last) episode will be about Image Comics

Seeing just a tiny bit of the show makes me miss watching on TV.

Episode 6 is gonna be about Image.

Are you ready for Grimdark McPouches small feet?

Are there only going to be 6?

Yeah. Maybe if this is doing well they'll make another season, but I don't know how the ratings have been.

I swear to god if the sixth episode is just Kirkman jerking off Image while screaming "BIG THREEEEEEE!!!!" I'll be so disappointed.

Man, I hope so.

I just saw it for the first time last week and immediately watched the first 3.

It's a really well done documentary series.

I hope new Milestone stays around longer this time. I just hate how it's in it's own universe again. As someone who grow up watching Static Shock and than starting reading comics I like Milestone being in the main DC universe especially Static.

I'm glad people still remember Milestone .

In a way the series has been, I mean episode one notes the kirby stuff, they note the superman stuff for an episode, the wondy episode told the normies the "truth", and milestone here is showing that different voices give different/"better" stories.

Though I do feel it's been really fair and keeps things not so much bogged down in "damn, comics can be shitty, especially those big 2 assholes" and more "hmmm so that's how the sausage is made... still tastes pretty damn good."

"creator's rights" could be an entire season of the most cynical interviews ever recorded.