Daily reminder that you can make new cartoons using the designs on the left

Daily reminder that you can make new cartoons using the designs on the left.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7GrlpSr9YqU?t=48m7s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oggy_and_the_Cockroaches
youtube.com/watch?v=nfBtpmsIV-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does his trunk look altered in MS Paint?

Photoshop Elements, and it's edited because the original was leaning into the NSFW area with his trunk.

Sure you can, but it's time consuming and people don't appreciate the effort enough for it to be justifiable.

But don't pretend like Summer Camp Island won't be a failure.

This is not South Park, 8 to 12 months is enough time to do whats on the right.

Takes longer than most cartoons with no return. You realize they have to pay their staff, studios, and other overhead for that time, it's much more complicated to animate. especially when outsourcing inbetweens

This is not Japan, American shows takes 8 to 12 months to finish and when you get 2 million views for a show that takes $1 million to produced you make back your budget and make money on the reruns.

If it took 8 to 12 months to make older cartoons like Tiny Toons & Batman:TAS how long does it take to make something like Summer Camp & Twelve Forever?

You can make a cartoon with designs like that no problem

Animating them well on a modern T.V. cartoon budget, on the other hand, is another story (Look at basically any modern attempt of a Tom and Jerry cartoon).

>This is not Japan
Irrelevant, and most japanese animation isn't profitable, most animation studios in japan get by by adapting many different works and getting by on the successes. Animation isn't big enough in the US for this model to work. Not to mention animation for most of what comes from Japan isn't amazing, 15 out of the 20 anime that will be released in a season will have animation on par with the works you're complaining about, just a different art style.

And an episode of Teen Titans Go is produced in a week, but for most animated shows their production schedule isn't released, but what we do know is that most cartoon's animation is outsourced and not only is it more complicated to outsource complex designs because of the detail required, but it becomes even harder to ensure conformity across separate artist so that episodes can be produced concurrently.

Okay, now convince an executive why he should spend more money on something that only a small amount of people would appreciate anyway.

dear god what's with that melted abortion on the left

is that supposed to be a talking cat?

When the Willy Wonka one can get into CDi territory every once in a wile I will like to know how much modern cartoons cost outside of the bloat (Simpsons with it's VA checks and Family Guy's royalty checks) and special episodes when the episode spends more then normal (Spongebob with it's gorilla man).

Adventure Time costs $89,000 per 11 minute episode, that I know but what about the rest?

When you only make 1 cent per view in your home country of course you leach off of DVD/Blu-Ray sales to make back your budget but when you get 1 dollar per view the broadcast will pay it's production off and maybe turn a profit depending on it's budget.
Adults care about the quality of the animation, same with older kids and teenagers.
Yes.
Pic related.

>Yes.
christ
what an awful design
it's all droopy and why does it have gloves
it's like someone did a cartoon like that 70 years ago and they were just blindly emulating it

>when the episode spends more then normal (Spongebob with it's gorilla man)
I truly doubt that gorilla Halloween costume blew the budget.

It's supposed to emulate John K.

Why would you want to? Every cartoon based off that design aesthetic past the 80's had mediocre animation and writing.

You can't be Tex Avery again.

It's not the gorilla Halloween costume, it's the plane trips to Burbank to Seoul and back to Burbank that costed the $500,000 that was brought up.

That and/or the episode that they brought in Tina Fey and some other celebrities to do live action guess appearances with Patchy.

>le nostalgic design meme

No, the 70s and non-Japanese outsourced shows of the 80s except for 80s Jetsons*, Bakshi Mighty Mouse and Dic Beany and Cecil had mediocre animation, the writing on the other hand was a gamble.

*=Yes I know some of the episodes of 80s Jetsons were outsourced to Toei but I'm mainly talking about the Wang episodes John K worked on.

>You can't be Tex Avery again.
But thats the point, you can be inspired by him but it's also/more important to be yourself and to do your own thing.

>Adults care about the quality of the animation, same with older kids and teenagers.

That's not true at all. Both Family Guy and the Simpsons cut their animation budgets, and it didn't affect anything. You're over-estimating how many people care about animation quality. Spending more money on animation is not going to make more money.

>that one character that's just a chemical diagram with little legs doodled on it
Jesus Christ.

Were all those ideas for a cartoon? I can't imagine kids watching a show about Nosehat.

youtu.be/7GrlpSr9YqU?t=48m7s
>She's underaged

Daily reminder that John K's next

Yes it is, otherwise Studio Mir would've never been founded.

Also normies have been avoiding The Simpsons since season 8 and have been avoiding Family Guy since The Pie Song (AKA we got our good animation and now we're leaving), you're under-estimating how normies work.

My side, the thing anti Japanese racism can make a leftard say...

most of those were pitches and never got a show. Unlike what actually got a show and you are defending blindly solely because tumblr told you JonK is Satan.

Thats not the Kate Rice video.

Who /djeric/ here?

they can't ruin your reputation if you already ruined it yourself.

He's too irrelevant

Schneider's next

There is a cartoon that is still ongoing that uses the earlier design aesthetic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oggy_and_the_Cockroaches

It is very bad.

>France.
Thats what it is bad, if you want good European animation try Germany or Ireland.

Oh fuck, it's you. Why the fuck are you so obsessed with studio mir?

If this was who you think it was then he would've been ripping on Mir rather then praising them.
Anyway why can't we bring up Mir?

I know who you are, you're that one faggot who for some reason is obsessed with some shitty dime a dozen korean animation farm.

What are you talking about?

>It is very bad.
What is a tasteless reddditor faggot like you doing on this board?

Oggy and the Cockroaches is terrible, squeaky bullshit for 4 year olds.

Watch Tom and Jerry like a real man.

12000 won a hour is not a dime a dozen.
Back on topic.
Wages, that what.

Why did you reply to my post twice?
Anyway, I put that in a currency converter and that's holy shit 11 dollars what the fuck did you even google how much 12,000 won is in USD? That's like barely above minimum wage.

youtube.com/watch?v=nfBtpmsIV-A
is this you?

I needed to fix a typo and I needed to tell you that Mir is not a slave labor shop.

Because the old style is overrated by nostalgia fags and doesnt look good. I actually like my cartoons looking cute

Why not both?

11 dollars an hour is fucking terrible. That is not a livable wage in a big city like seoul.

What about 21,000 won a hour? Thats how much Rough Draft makes.

Why the fuck do you people keep replying to Famicom? Don't you know the more time he spends here the higher the chances of him forgetting to change his diapers? He will shit the place and himself.

Because this is not a TMS topic and no TMS = no Famicom.
Also Famicom knows how to use the toilet.

What does that have to do with anything? Why are you talking about a completely different studio now? Are you a child or something and that's why you think 11 dollars an hour is good for someone living in an expensive city?

Who is famicom? I dont keep up with this shit.

>Who is Famicom? I don't keep up with this shit.
A animation historian.

Y'ALL NIGGERS SPOSTING IN A FAMICOM THREAD

YOU''RE TRYING TO HAVE A SERIOUS CONVERSATION WITH A SUBHUMAN AUTIST WITH A SINGLE DIGIT IQ WHO IS SEXUALLY OBSESSED WITH TMS STUDIOS AND HAMTARO

THIS FAGGOT SPERG DOESN'T EVEN WATCH HALF THE SHOWS HE PRAISES, THE FUCKING IDIOT THOUGHT GODMARS HAD GOOD ANIMATION

HE SUCKS JOHN K'S DICK BUT HE THINKS ANIMANAIACS IS THE HEIGHT OF EASTERN ANIMATION, HOW IS HE NOT THE BIGGEST FUCKING IDIOT YOU'VE EVER SEEN?

Autistic kid obsessed with TMS, Studio Mir and John K. Banned from alot of sites online, naturally that left only Sup Forums for him. Ignore him.

This is not a Famicom thread and nothing you said is true.

>Adults care about the quality of the animation, same with older kids and teenagers.

100% false.

Explain this then.

>Sure you can, but it's time consuming and people don't appreciate the effort enough for it to be justifiable.
Why don't studios make animations on the par of something you'd find theoddest1out or jaidenanimates make then?. Those are popular so there is a demand.

Nothing you have ever said is true Famicom. You're a pathological liar who makes up the most transparent falsehoods to justify your sad little fantasies. Whenever someone categorically proves you incorrect you go into denial or run away and delete your shit threads like the spineless faggot you are. Whenever someone asks you to justify your absurd claims you tell them to google it or post hilariously incorrect google translations of stuff barely related to what you're discussing.

You say the most ridiculous bullshit like "Generic loli from Hamtaro is the modern day successor to Bugs Bunny" and you lakc the intellect to even be aware of how retarded every single thing you believe sounds to rational human beings. You smear your shit over every single thread that even attempts to discuss the finer points of animation and because the mods don't permaban you, you keep coming back like a dog to his vomit. You keep posting your shitty deviantart which miraculously manages to be even worse than the bland Calarts shit you rail against. You had the fucking gall to claim Genndy Tartakovsky stole the concept from Osamu Dezaki days after the latter died because Bionic 6 sounds like Symbionic.

You respond to every single post correctly singling you out as Famicom in the exact same manner. You can't even samefag properly and literal children learn how to do that their very first day here. You are a walking cancer and I wish I could kill you with my hatred. The world would be infinitely richer for your absence.

Can we get a mod to come in a tell us why famicom hasn't been permabanned yet? Surely he's shit up Sup Forums enough to justify it.

>Why don't studios make animations on the par of something you'd find theoddest1out or jaidenanimates make then?

you mean those slideshow blog youtube channels? what the fuck? any retard can make a slideshow with stickmen, you don't need a studio to do that.

Yes, it is, nothing that was brought up was a fantasy, sure theres some mistranslations every now and then but the info is rarely ever wrong, it's why 2Ch calls him the Thad Komorowski of anime, everyone makes mistakes but like Thad Famicom rarely makes them.

Kana is the most generic out of the main girls of Hamtaro and Laura is the modern day successor to Buster Bunny, not Bugs. You're the one who lacks the intelligent to even be aware of how retarded every single thing you believe sounds to rational human beings, not him.

>You smear your shit over every single thread that even attempts to discuss the finer points of animation and because the mods don't permaban you, you keep coming back like a dog to his vomit.
That is 100% false, it's you that does that.

Famicom has not updated his Deviantart gallery in months but he is light years beyond most of that site.

Also not only that Dezaki was still alive when that whole Titan mess happen but Titan's Genesis was based on Mighty Orbots not Bionic Six.

>You respond to every single post correctly singling you out as Famicom in the exact same manner.
No he has not.

Nigga its about style

The problem with most cartoons today is the simplistic styles tend to seem more and more unoriginal when stood next to each other. But the problem isn't the simplicity of it, its the unoriginality. They style on the left isn't anymore original than the simplistic styles even arguably less so.

We just need a wider range and variety of styles not a return to the old ones.

Because he has nothing to do with this thread.

Why does his arm come out of his chin?

It's behind his chin.

Holy shit dude are you trying to be as obvious as possible? Nobody believes that you aren't famicom. This is like an 8 year old putting on a fake mustache and trying to sneak out of their house in front of their parents.

No, you're the lair, we been though this before.

Just stop, this is pathetic.