The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie That Might've Been

Plot details for Will Beall's JUSTICE LEAGUE script from 2011, which was supposed to launch the DC Cinematic Universe, but was scrapped after being turned down by several directors, including Ben Affleck.

>At LexCorp Tower in Metropolis, Batman and Superman prevent Lex Luthor and his enforcer Killer Croc from buying Kryptonite from KGBeast. During the battle, the Kryptonite is stolen by Desaad, an emissary of Darkseid, who kills Killer Croc. His body is later seized by the Department of Metahuman Affairs led by Amanda Waller and King Faraday, who have been capturing metahumans including Cheetah, Copperhead, Tattooed Man and Solomon Grundy.

>Batman and Superman lead a rotating team of superheroes known as "the Justice League" and deploy Green Lantern John Stewart to find the Kryptonite. They also discuss Wonder Woman, who returned to the island of Themyscira after the end of her troubled relationship with Batman, and the Flash, whom they decide to recruit to the team.

>Green Lantern and Hawkman locate Desaad in an intergalactic nightclub, where alien warlord Kanjar Ro is helping him weaponize the Kryptonite, but Desaad escapes and delivers the weaponized Kryptonite to Darkseid's enforcer Steppenwolf, who uses it to capture Superman.

>Superman is taken to Apokolips and brainwashed into serving Darkseid. Meanwhile, Darkseid's forces massacre the Green Lantern Corps, killing Guy Gardner, Katma Tui, Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Salaak.

>Batman recruits Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern to help him defend Earth from Darkseid's invasion. During the battle, Wonder Woman manages to free Superman of Darkseid's control, but Superman is then accidentally transported 15 years into the future by a Boom Tube.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/justice-league-early-script-batman-wonder-woman-child-hawkman-will-beall-2011-suicide-squad/
youtu.be/t8Jq6NqCQ1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>In the future, Earth has been reduced to a scorched wasteland, and an elderly Batman is leading a resistance movement known as "Batman's Berzerkers", formed by his wife Wonder Woman and their son Clark Wayne, as well as Flash, Cheetah, Huntress, Captain Boomerang, Deathstroke and Lex Luthor. Luthor manages to reverse-engineer a Mother Box stolen from Darkseid's forces and create a Boom Tube to send Flash 15 years back in time.

>Flash arrives before Darkseid's invasion and alerts the Justice League with his dying breath. The heroes prevent Superman's abduction and recruit Luthor, the Amazons and the Green Lantern Corps to help them fight Darkseid, and successfully defeat him, forcing him to return to Apokolips.

>Luthor uses his contribution to Earth's defense to launch a presidential campaign, having secretly received a message from his future self that Clark Kent is Superman.

thewrap.com/justice-league-early-script-batman-wonder-woman-child-hawkman-will-beall-2011-suicide-squad/

Will Beall is now writing the AQUAMAN movie, by the way.

>WonderBat
>W O N D E R B A T

It is inevitable.

>and their son Clark Wayne
That's almost as good as Albus Severus.

>Wonder Woman leaves the outside world to return to her island because Batman broke up with her
>"Batman's Beserkers"

Jesus, we were never going to get a good JL movie, were we? Every possible timeline is shit. We must live in the Dark Multiverse.

Sounds way better than the crap Synder forced us to eat, and leaves many cliffhangers to potential sequels.

haha this is terrible no wonder everyone skipped on it

>Sounds way better than the crap Synder forced us to eat

Holy shit, no.

It's a complete clusterfuck.

For comparison, George Miller's JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL from 2007.

>Batman (Armie Hammer) creates spy-satellite Brother Eye to monitor Earth's superheroes, which is hijacked by his old flame Talia Al Ghul (Teresa Palmer) and corrupt businessman Maxwell Lord (Jay Baruchel).

>Lord and Talia target Superman (D.J. Cotrona), Wonder Woman (Megan Gale), Flash (Adam Brody), Green Lantern (Common), Aquaman (Santiago Cabrera) and the Martian Manhunter (Hugh Keays-Byrne) with nanotech-based weapons, forcing them to retreat to Superman's Fortress of Solitude in the Arctic, where Batman alerts them about the conspiracy.

>The Flash finds out that Lord is the sole survivor of a secret government program that experimented on children with psychic abilities and and wants revenge on Earth's heroes for not saving him. The heroes confront Lord, who mind-controls Superman into nearly killing Wonder Woman, forcing Batman to break his neck. Lord's mind merges with Brother Eye and unleashes a nanovirus that'll turn the entire population of Earth into a hivemind controlled by him.

>The heroes battle Lord's army of robots. Barry taps into the Speed Force and transverses the world at the speed of light, removing the nanobots from every person on Earth and sacrificing himself in the process, while Superman destroys Brother Eye in Space. The heroes then decide to form the Justice League to honor Barry's sacrifice and defend the world.

>Meanwhile, Darkseid's forces massacre the Green Lantern Corps, killing Guy Gardner, Katma Tui, Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Salaak.

What is people's fucking problem with the GLC?

They're jobbers by nature.

This would be a pretty nice one, actually

better than the others, but still pretty shit

Not really, have you read the script? it was pretty much an episode from the DCAU JLU, and George Miller is a great director

Why would Killer Croc need to steal kryptonite, most metahumans know just to stay as far away from Supes as possible.

Shitty - even Johns ideas aren't as much over baked unimaginative simplistic trope crap as this collection of stupidity.

It's essentially a retelling of a 1990s comic book plot with minor alterations, so in that respect while an improvement, it's no great shakes either, especially with that cast. Jay Baruchel, whom I like, is as miscast as Max as Jessie is as Lex.

Would this have been before or after Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern?

It seemed to me that they were really hoping that Ryan Reynolds Lantern would have kickstarted a DCU as the "Iron Man" role (charming, witty and funny irl and in the movie) and then lead into Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and then maybe someone else/Justice League.

Instead we got Man of Steel, rushed into Bats vs Supes and then into Justice League because they wanted that MCU money so bad.

He's henching for Luthor.

They just need to hire comic writers to do the plots for these movies and then get a Hollywood writer to do the script

Imagine a JLA movie plotted by Gerry Conway
Imagine a Batman movie plotted by Denny O'Neil
Imagine an Avengers movie plotted by Kurt Busiek
Imagine a Suicide Squad movie plotted by Jon Ostrander

These Hollywood writers have no respect or knowledge of the characters or their history and make up horrid bullshit

I mean obviously some of those writers are well past their prime but they're experienced enough they could at least come up with a great plot

Didn't Roy Thomas do an X-Men film treatment in the 70's?

>Implying DC needs a Film Universe when it can do fucking Infinite Crisis.

>Keaton, Affleck, Bale as Batman
>Routh and Cavill as Kal-L and Kal-El respectively
>Tom Welling as Superboy Prime
>Michael Rosenbaum as Alexander Luthor

>DC going meta with Superboy Primes lines against the DCEU.
I'd watch it.

I can't tell if it sounds like complete horseshit or if all comicbook stuff sounds like that in short form.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually sort of glad that we got the JL movie that we got instead of this shit. This sounds horrible.

This doesn't sound bad, but I hate the idea of Barry dying at the end. I'd forgive it if the plan was to replace him with Wally at least.

Really hoping we get George Miller on a DCEU movie at some point, be it a future JL or a New Gods movie.

>kills Killer Croc
meh
>after the end of her troubled relationship with Batman
NO NO NO NO FUCKING NO
>and the Flash, whom they decide to recruit to the team.
>>flash not a founding member
meh
>>Green Lantern and Hawkman
cool
>killing Guy Gardner
FUCK OFF

>formed by his wife Wonder Woman
F U C K O F F
>> and their son
i have no interest in seeing this film desu, although "Clark Wayne" is a nice name
>Flash arrives before Darkseid's invasion and alerts the Justice League with his dying breath
meh killing flash so quick and in that way??? fuck off
>having secretly received a message from his future self that Clark Kent is Superman.
This I like though

It's well-known that various people in WB have been trying to launch a DC cinematic universe for a very long time, because unlike Marvel their movie rights have always been in one place.

They wanted to spin one out of the Burton Batman movies, they had plans for the Justice League movie to launch a bunch of spinoffs, Superman Returns and Batman Begins were supposed to lead to a World's Finest movie, and then Green Lantern was going to be the start of their MCU clone.

The problem is that you had dozens of producers within WB all with their own ideas for what these movies should be, and they were all vying for the right to produce the movies. It was just a nightmare. No one had ever had to deal with this many separately lucrative licenses all falling under one tree before, it was totally uncharted waters and it just didn't fit with the way Hollywood works.

Marvel was either very smart or very lucky to just give all of their licenses to one producer and one studio. Zack and Deborah Snyder tried to do the same thing by buying up all the production rights for the DC characters wholesale, but of course as we know their idea of doing TDK inspired auteur movies didn't work out (partially because their "auteur" was anything but). And it went even more off the rails when Affleck and Terrio, and Johns and likely a number of other executives and producers all came and jammed their hands in the pie.

>white J'onn
>the actress playing Diana
>actress playing talia
fucking meh
everything else isn't too terrible though

Why the fuck would they have three Batmans if they're doing Infinite Crisis?

Why the fuck does everyone want Martian Manhunter to be black? It makes no sense, he's always been white in the comics.

Because WB thinks the more batmen, the merrier.

Glad this didn't get made. It sounds like a jumbled mess.

>I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually sort of glad that we got the JL movie that we got instead of this shit. This sounds horrible.
desu, same
cause it's what i'm used to, it adds another 'non-white' to the team, but mostly because a sea of white faces is bland

I'm going to edit that plot and fix it, gimme a sec

>Infinite Crisis
>Routh and Cavill vs Overpowered Welling
so, which alternate Universe has this happening?

I hope this script leaks. This sounds super fucking insane that I'm actually interested in reading this.

It's actually a lot better than it sounds. Plus with George Miller's visuals and kinetic visual style, this could've been amazing.

DCCU

2019 - The Batman
>early 1990s noir film starring [new actor]

2020 - Superman
>[new actor] stars as the titular character in a colorful retelling of the classic story

2021 - Wonder Woman: Subtitle
>[new actress] stars as the titular character in what is essentially The Incredible Hulk of the DCCU where the origin is fast tracked from 2003 Hulk and then made better

2021 - The Flash
>[new actor] plays a character deserving of his own film

2022 - The Dark Knight Returns
>present day film starring [older new actor] taking place 20 years after The Batman

2023 - The Justice League

From here, the universe alternates between Bat projects (mostly in his prime) and other sequels/new characters.

I don't see how this is so hard. Just start over and do it right. It doesn't have to take Marvel's tone. But it shouldn't be edgelord. Just make good movies, retards.

Time travel and alternate futures... in a debut film.
*throws up hands*

Of course what the ended up doing was The Dark Knight as Superman and Batman's first meeting, so that was even stupider.

>The Dark Knight Returns
NO, FUCK OFF ALREADY

>removes nanites from everyone on Earth
>by running

You mean the Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman as their first meeting but with time travel and an alternate future.

Or some equally logical reason to have Batman movies and also a Justice League era Batman.

>These Hollywood writers have no respect or knowledge of the characters or their history and make up horrid bullshit
Hollywood writers write was executives tell them to.
Executives look at a big or epic storyline and say "Adapt that!" without regard for the fact that storyline was a culmination of decades worth of stories and an incredibly stupid way to debut a franchise.
Only now, in phase 3, is Marvel reaping the seeds its sown up until this point. You need to lay foundation before you write a story about tearing it up.

>>Flash arrives before Darkseid's invasion and alerts the Justice League with his dying breath.
>Barry taps into the Speed Force and transverses the world at the speed of light, removing the nanobots from every person on Earth and sacrificing himself in the process
Why does Barry keep dying?

This sounds fucking awful. Haha, holy shit.

DCC52

2019 - Flashpoint
>Barry Allen alters the past and ramifications of the film affecting the old DCEU and changing it into the DC's Cinematic 52

2021 - Whatever happened to the Man of Tommorow
> Set on a different Earth wherein the Superman hasn't been seen in 10 years, and suddenly returns.

2022 - Knightfall
>deals with Bruce Wayne being broken by Bane Bruce is killed in this movie . Dick Grayson assumes the mantle of Batman

2023 - The Lantern War
>Massive multi-sector war done like a war documentary.

2024 - JL: Crisis
>Multiversal crossover with multiple versions of characters; Superboy Prime is revealed as main villain.

>In the future, Earth has been reduced to a scorched wasteland, and an elderly Batman is leading a resistance movement known as "Batman's Berzerkers", formed by his wife Wonder Woman and their son Clark Wayne
Did the screen writer read this before he started work on the script?

>At LexCorp Tower in Metropolis, Batman and Superman prevent Lex Luthor and his enforcer Killer Croc from buying Kryptonite from KGBeast. During the battle, the Kryptonite is stolen by Desaad, an emissary of Darkseid, who captures Killer Croc.
>Post credit scene: an argus/Department of Metahuman Affairs (led by Amanda Waller and King Faraday; who have been capturing metahumans including Cheetah, Copperhead, Tattooed Man and Solomon Grundy), agent returns to HQ empty handed, when he was supposed to capture Croc during that encounter but did not because Desaad did first.

>Batman and Superman, and Wonder Woman lead a rotating team of superheroes known as "the Justice League" and deploy Green Lantern John Stewart to find the Kryptonite. They also discuss the Flash, who decided to leave the team after accidentally killing his archenemy after his wife was killed.

>Green Lantern and Hawkman locate Desaad in an intergalactic nightclub, where alien warlord Kanjar Ro is helping him weaponize the Kryptonite, but Desaad escapes and delivers the weaponized Kryptonite to Darkseid's enforcer Steppenwolf, who uses it to capture Superman.

>Superman is taken to Apokolips and brainwashed into serving Darkseid. Meanwhile, Darkseid's forces massacre the Green Lantern Corps, killing Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Salaak who risk their lives to allowing Guy Gardner, Katma Tui,and Hal Jordan to escape.

>Batman Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern defend earth from Darkseid's invasion. During the battle, Wonder Woman manages to free Superman of Darkseid's control using the lasso of truth, but Superman is then accidentally transported 15 years into the future by a Boom Tube.

>In the future, Earth has been reduced to a scorched wasteland, and Wonder Woman and an elderly Batman are leading a resistance movement known as "Batman's Berzerkers", formed by his wife Selina Kyle his adopted sons, as well as Flashes Barry, Wally, (and an elderly Jay Garrick), Cheetah, Huntress, Captain Cold, Deathstroke and Lex Luthor. Luthor manages to reverse-engineer a Mother Box stolen from Darkseid's forces and create a Boom Tube to send Barry and Jay 15 years back in time using the speed force (powered by Wally West)

>Barry and Jay arrive before Darkseid's invasion and alerts the Justice League, but Jay loses his speed. The heroes split up; Barry prevent Superman's abduction but loses his speed to trap Steppenwolf in time, and recruit Luthor, the Amazons and the Green Lantern Corps to help them fight Darkseid, and successfully defeat him, forcing him to return to Apokolips.

>Luthor uses his contribution to Earth's defense to launch a presidential campaign, having secretly received a message from his future self that Clark Kent is Superman.

There, marginally better.
still shitty though.
I could probably make a better one, but it'd take even more time.

There are alot of characters here, and it seems like it's just a big cameofest.
I think thats cool, ensemble casts are cool. but so many actors means
>the budget is super pricey
and
>there are only a few leads
So the leads would be the trinity

One thing that I really want them to do is beat Marvel to the punch with introducing the Multiverse and then doing a Crisis movie. But I want them to gradually build to it instead of just rushing to it, knowing WB. It'd be really cool if they brought in Routh, Spacey, Bosworth, etc., from Superman Returns but also the cast of Supergirl, Smallville, etc. And for Batman, they could bring in the cast of TDK trilogy. It's a shame Adam West croaked not too long ago, but maybe they could bring Burt Ward in, if he even lasts that long. Speaking of, they could do the same with Lynda Carter as well. That's all assuming they don't just CGI them all in the way Disney did Carrie Fisher for Rogue One.

No it's not. This bad too.

>Zack and Deborah Snyder tried to do the same thing by buying up all the production rights for the DC characters wholesale,
what does this mean exactly? WB owns all the rights, correct? so how did the snyders buy up the rights WB already owned?
>burton batman
>batman begins
all of those films were intended to be their own standalone things and expansion was not in mind, I'm glad it didnt happen, but I also wish someone at warner could have just wrangled all the cats or something

WB needs to pull the trigger on a DC Multiverse, it can save the DCEU, by saying that it is just one Universe among different sets of universes.

>Teresa Palmer

Dickbats didn't stick even with comics, it's not going to work with movies made for normies. The only reason The Dark Knight Rises got away with something similar was because it was the last movie, we'd never actually see Robin's adventures as the new Batman. No, a Batman Beyond movie wouldn't work either.

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

nah, no thanks
this is shit
speed force my niggas
marvel is really so so so lucky to have feige

What's shit about it? That's what it should've been from the start. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are both good enough to have existed within a shared universe but you can't pick and choose when rebooting. It's confusing enough for normies as it is.

>a Batman Beyond movie wouldn't work either.
Keaton as old Bruce would work.

>Marvel was either very smart or very lucky to just give all of their licenses to one producer and one studio.
Feige was involved in the production of every Marvel film BEFORE Ironman. He was there when they made X-men, the Affleck Daredevil, the original Sony Spiderman films, etc.

In a recent interview, Feige said that he saw all the things that worked and didn't work, and decided he seen enough ceo interference to know what to avoid. That was why he got Marvel Studios together.

>The only reason The Dark Knight Rises got away with something similar
TDKR didn't get away with anything similar, they "killed" bruce in the last film and that was the end of it.
I like all of these actually

Your whole comment can round out to "not muh."

>JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL from 2007
>Batman (Armie Hammer)
Even if Armie Hammer was a name back then, I don't think people would have wanted kid Batman.

I loved Dickbats, fag. But it couldn't work in movies. Not happening!

>Your whole comment can round out to "not muh."
Dismissing "not muh" is why Justice League is now in danger of not breaking even.

this this this this

say a DC multiverse film hits theaters in 2020 and goes into production right now---what the fuck would the story even be?
how do you go from
>current DCEU
to
>theres a massive multiverse and this is just one sector of it
and then continue new films on a new earth mixing and matching actors from the DCEU?

Frankly, I'd keep MoS and WW, but throw MoS further in the past, tweak BvS where their first meeting is the same, and later into Batman's career, but the batfamily is more important, Superman doesnt die, and their is no "world ending" conflict, just Luthor trying to engineer heroes to kill each other. all personal conflicts.

JL I can take or leave

well, Dickbats would work well if the character was built up not to be Bruce's replacement, but rather, his legacy.

knowing when to pull Dickbats is crucial.

and considering we have a Titans TV series that would air before this theoretically, I'd say roll the dice on it.

Make the new films as disjointed as possible, but on the fourth film Reveal that something like the Anti-Monitor is hatching a Crisis

It's one ace up their sleeve that Marvel really doesn't have,at least not to the same extent. Not only that, but they could build up their Multiverse through Elseworld movies too, like Red Son or Gotham by Gaslight. Or they could just reboot the whole thing but retcon the DCEU as it is as being Earth-2. Do it kinda like the new Star Trek movies.

> he seen enough ceo interference to know what to avoid
kek
so he just figured out how to play the game and then played it better
>but you can't pick and choose when rebooting. It's confusing enough for normies as it is.
yeah you're right, but I dont think a full reboot is really needed.
you can retcon the DCEU relatively easily using a little flash magic (NOT FLASHPOINT) and just filling in blanks that we dont already know.

and even if there were no retcons, or anything, I think the DCEU could be fine moving forward, as long as they just tell som good stories and dont make any blunders. it'll take a while to bounce back, since word of mouth is important, so the box office may not be the best, but dvd and streaming can make up for it

This is bad, but I wouldn't call it worse than what we already got.

no studio is ever going to touch a tv show, ever, you can thank star trek for that

>Make the new films as disjointed as possible, but on the fourth film
no, pull it off in one film.
thats the issue. even with a shared universe, films still need to work as self-contained independent stories. thats an issue comic books dont really have.

but actually, they could just make a second JL film with the anti-monitor as the villain and then go from there
...........or.......
use Darkseid, since the new gods are the same across the multiverse, right?

the advantage of a multiverse is that they can also make movies feel disjointed from another making them standalone, but still connected through some things that don't really appear unless analyzed thoroughly.

maybe they just make new films and give them a banner.
DC ELSEWORLDS PRESENTS: Red Son
DC's Justice League -Starro attack
DC ELSEWORLDS PRESENTS: Wonder Woman- League of One
DC's Gotham City Sirens
etcetcetc

>Implying they're reprising their roles.
they're not. Welling was never SBP, as well as Routh being Kal-L.

they're here for the idea that you could actually do a Multiverse story.

>all personal conflicts.
What people who defend BvS as some secret gem that only people with high IQs can understand fail to realize is that structurally speaking BvS and Civil War are nearly the exact same film: Armored superhero experiences flashbacks to his childhood and his murdered parents, as freedom superhero takes part in combating attempted terrorist attack, which at least partially fails, leading to extreme loss of life, and causes aforementioned armored superhero to believe that superheroes need some sort of failsafe or oversight. The villain then enacts a convoluted plan to make the armored superhero and freedom superhero fight each other, primarily by framing someone via a bomb located in a government building. The villain's overall plan is revealed to be reviving a genetically modified supersoldier to do their bidding, and the climax of the film is armored superhero and freedom superhero fighting each other, which is either caused or stopped by armored superhero realizing a deeper truth about his murdered parents, tying into the beginning of the movie's flashback. A third hero introduced within the bounds of the movie helps in the climax, and the end of the movie is an armored superhero who wears all black and a cowl confronting the villain and warning the villain, whom he has captured, against further aggression,as the villain at least partially succeeds at his overall goal of causing division within the superhero community.

The reason why BvS is hated and Civil War is acclaimed is because of execution. Zemo kills the other Winter Soldiers because the movie didn't need another fucking villain, and the movie realized that Cap and Iron Man punching each other is a powerful enough climax on its own. Whilst BvS included Mark Zuckerberg's Cave Troll for literally no fucking reason other than to extend the movie another fucking half hour, which itself completely anticlimaxed the titular Batman versus Superman fight.

>The reason why BvS is hated and Civil War is acclaimed is because of execution. Zemo kills the other Winter Soldiers because the movie didn't need another fucking villain, and the movie realized that Cap and Iron Man punching each other is a powerful enough climax on its own. Whilst BvS included Mark Zuckerberg's Cave Troll for literally no fucking reason other than to extend the movie another fucking half hour, which itself completely anticlimaxed the titular Batman versus Superman fight.
....yeah
thats why i said nix the Doomsday stuff.
Batman Vs Superman was more than powerful enough on it's own, and Bruce rescuing Martha made for a solid epilogue/final conclusion, although either Clark having to same someone for Bruce, or Clark and Bruce teaming up to save Martha TOGETHER could have made it better imo

I've only seen a couple of Synder films, but I notice he seems to do this "final fight" after the final fight thing.
like, while in theaters, I thought Superman VS the World engine was the end of the movie, but it turns out AFTER the thrilling battle where the heroes wins against all odds theres..........another battle where the hero needs to win at all odds. I actually really liked it in MoS, but in BvS it just didn't work at all, and ruined the movie; I agree.

The only issue with cutting the Doomsday battle, is that now Diana is basically not in the film at all, so you'd have to find something for wonder woman to do, although maybe she and lois could break up the batman VS superman battle with Lois appealing to Bruce's humanity and tending to Clark, and Diana just putting Bruce down the hard way, and then she goes to save Martha
idk

I didn't realize how similar the two were, thats pretty crazy when you think about it. they explore different themes I guess?

I'd like to see you walk into Black Panther and complain that a sea of black faces is bland.

thats a false equivalence dipshit

My only issue with this is that it might confuse normies. But if WB can break new ground, telling audiences, "Look, these are different, alternate universe takes on these characters, so you might be a tad unfamiliar with them," and do it in a clear, understandable manner, then it might be successful.

>But if WB can break new ground, telling audiences, "Look, these are different, alternate universe takes on these characters, so you might be a tad unfamiliar with them," and do it in a clear, understandable manner, then it might be successful.
The question isn't if success is possible. The question is if success is possible with the team Warner has currently.

The fact is Warner clearly are not as clever as they think they are. And that trying to do things the hard way had not turned out well. Trying to cram three movies worth of plot into BvS could have worked, it just didn't.

So here we are ago, with fans trying to argue that Warner can succeed in doing something just as hard, because they somehow hoped that Warner had gotten better since the last disaster.

I think the only reason elseworlds works is because we are familiar enough with the lore to appreciate a different take on it. Alternate realities need something to be the alternative for and the mess that has been made so far isn’t enough. You are going to lose more audience than you would with a “rebirth”
Multiverse is only going to work if you hand out spliffs at the door.

Because all races are equal, but some races are more equal than others?

>Lord, who mind-controls Superman into nearly killing Wonder Woman, forcing Batman to break his neck
Wut?

>The reason why BvS is hated and Civil War is acclaimed is because of execution

one is 'executed' by ex-tv directors and one is directed by a pure auteur who changed cinema forever and whose every film and work of art is his own and recognizable

hated? maybe on reddit forums

Auteur?
I do not think that word means what you think it means

>Batman's Berzerkers
was this written by a 13 year old

go to fucking Sup Forums newfaggots
Sup Forums is not for discussion of live-action capeshit
you cucks are slowly killing this board by bringing in redditors and literal shills

>Buzzword buzzword
>only like what I like. Be a fan the way I tell you to
>buzzword boogyman

I see what you mean, but WW and JL were both steps in the right direction, if also a little flawed. Now that Snyder's out and the movies are headed in a more lighthearted direction, I'm willing to give WB the benefit of the doubt for the most part. But you still have stuff like ADHD Barry Allen and the first Flash movie being Flashpoint. I'm willing to forgive the latter if it's used as an opportunity to soft reboot the DCEU and make a few recasts though.

>I think the only reason elseworlds works is because we are familiar enough with the lore to appreciate a different take on it.
That's a good point and it just makes all the excuses about how the DCEU is basically already an Elseworld fall so short. You can't have alternate takes on characters without establishing the 'default' first.

Did Snyder base his movie on a third of this things script pages found in the bottom of a garbage bin?

Why do Snyderfags think only a small subset of people hate him? His rancid shit has bombed. He's a fucking failure.

Crisis on Infinite Earths.

It's about the only thing that would allow them to pick and choose the few good bits and get rid of the shit. Bring in all the guys who are still living who have played Supes (Cavill, Welling, Cain, Roth), see if you can convince Bale to come in for a cameo, get Linda Carter to come in as an older Wonder Woman. Make it an multi flick event, and let some of your actors know that this is their audition to be the one version of the character who will survive.

Oh, and don't let Zack Snyder near anyone involved in it.

Director: J.J. Abrams.

youtu.be/t8Jq6NqCQ1o

>hated? maybe on reddit forums

You forgot the box office. He's hated at the box office, too.

Pic related. YFW "The Last Jedi" tops Justice League's total gross in the first week.

>WonderBat
Discarded

I mean, at least Flash and Aquaman are white this version.

Diana breaking up the fight by wooping Batman's ass just as he was going to deliver the final blow would've been great

>. But you still have stuff like ADHD Barry Allen and the first Flash movie being Flashpoint. I'm willing to forgive the latter if it's used as an opportunity to soft reboot the DCEU and make a few recasts though.
And what will Flashpoint look like as a trailer? It would resemble BvS in nearly every way. Except we would have evil Wonderwoman vs evil Aquaman. And even more dark and edginess. People would 100% think it is another Snyder film.

This feels a lot more fun then what we got. More characters, even if some of them are getting killed off. More exposition, Luthor actually acting like Luthor, Superman not being dead and instead being brainwashed, and Luthor running for president. Sure, its a jumbled mess, but it feels a lot more fun and interesting, instead of just another straight forward cape movie. Though I could do without the wonder woman romance and "Clark Wayne".

Way too much character, it would make spiderman 3 looks great in comparison. 2 super powered people with different backstories is the most any decent movie can get. There is a reason MCU phase 1 only dealt with evil clone villains. They are still gonna do it with black panther.