What went right?

Is there any sort of Sup Forumsnsensus on what current runs in Rebirth are actually good? Would appreciate recommendations.

Maybe it's because this is my first real DC experience (meaning current ongoings) but honestly been enjoying most of everything. Though again I'm not used to the DC formula so I might not be able to tell what is actually "Good DC."

>Green Lanterns
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (aka Hal and Pals)
>Redhood and the Outlaws
>Superman and Action Comics (people don't like AC but Jurgens is a decent writer and the double Clark storyline was really good)
>Super Sons
>Deathstroke
>Batman/Flash "The Button" crossover
>New Super-Man (soon to be Super-Man and the Justice League of China)

As for what went right, DC went back to what made them great: their iconic characters. They focused on the core and built up a solid foundation and are now expanding their line to the point they're taunting Marvel and threatening to steal their customers. There are people that are getting impatient and some are complaining about Batwank but there's so many other comics that are still going that might've been cancelled if not for that Batwank.

Deathstroke, New Super-Man and Red Hood and the Outlaws (seriously, it's adorable) are my faves. Lots of other people think Green Lanterns, Superman, Super Sons and Batman are great, but they aren't quite doing it for me.

Getting Bendis.

Because it bring their iconic versions back and stopped doing edgy shit

That's why WW was FAR more scuessful that Hack Snyder movies and Why Shazam and Aquaman will also profit and get better scores than his current movies.

I know Bendis has a shitty reputation that he earned but stealing a writer that will get you sales on any book you put him on is really a smart move. No doubt he'll have editors keeping him check and he won't have any real power to make crazy changes.

Of the ones I purchased, I liked the following from most to least.

New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Green Arrow
Supersons
Superman

I bought and didn’t particularly like:

The Flash
Hellblazer

you underestimate bendis

Bendis is not in control, Johns will stay as the boss for at least a decade and kill keep bendis on a leash.

You underestimate the REBIRTH

Is Shazam even happening anymore? After JL`s performance they might just can it. Would suck, because I love me some crazy magical bullshit.

shazam, aquaman, and wonder woman 2 are all happening but anything else is who knows

Please don`t bring company wars into it.

Good taste, user. I'd add Teen Titans to your list. Basically DC is giving me everything I love about comics, and it helps that they seem to have a monopoly on artistic talent in the industry to the point where I can't even think of one superhero artist I like that is working elsewhere.

Also, huge for me is DC's promotion of a healthy family unit with the Kents.

Well WW was too successful to not have a sequel and Aquaman is partially filmed at the moment, but Shazam is still in danger, I fear. Did they confirm that it is happening?

It still made its money back and then some, making it more successful than pretty much anyone else's attempt to launch a cinematic universe after Marvel

It would be a much bigger gamble to try to start over than to just continue with what they have, and Hollywood execs do NOT gamble

Shazam is happening and by all accounts WB has quite a bit of faith in it, to the point they're considering making it unconnected to the DCEU

With the Bendis acquisition you kind of have to talk about both companies. The Humphries 180 in quality is scary to the point where he might actually be dead and Johns is just wearing his skin while writing GLs.

nah i've just seen people talk about how it's got a cast and they made a big deal of it it's too far along to stop/

oh and i think suicide squad 2 or a harley thing might still happen

Wow, really nice to hear. I don`t care much for DCEU anyway, so maybe this would be for the better.

Hm, makes sense when you put it that way.

Agreed. I know New 52 was trying to be new and different but it ultimately didn't work out. People want to see the characters grow, not have them sent back to the beginning again. This also sets up the possibility for strong legacy characters that could become massively popular in 10 years. Super Sons is also performing incredibly well and I can see DC not wanting to rock the boat on that. Tomasi is a godsend.

>People want to see the characters grow, not have them sent back to the beginning again.

But that's exactly what happened with Rebirth.

New52 was actually good in that it really got me balls-deep into DC comics so I didn't have much continuity to deal with. I'm just happy that Superbro lives on as a part of Superdad post-Reborn.

And yes, Tomasi is doing very well and fits right into this current optimistic climate at DC.

Superman is very good, remember to read the one shot of superman to capture.
Action comics is very good before reborn, truth the story of the other clark was the best.
King's Batman is a good starting point for the character, Basically you only know the basics and his mayria is decent.
Green lanterns is fun.
Supersons is love.
Deathstroke is possibly the best
Green arrow as I recommend it, but only if you support that ollie is very leftie, It is very good character but it is something in particular that displeases some.
Detective comics has a very good first arc but then it just becomes ok.
Titans if you like the slife of life but it's just decent.
Doom patrol of young animal is great.
Hal jordan and pals if you like the epic stories, but there is not much after that.
Red hood and the outlaws is possibly the 2nd best
I would recommend nigthwing but I feel that it is more enjoyable if you read Grayson before.

This is a good list

Uniting them is an absolute best option they could go with and I love them for it. Sometimes modern comics are actually pretty great.

Shazam is scouting locations, the cast is doing interviews, and the director shot down someone pretending to be a WB insider on reddit, so all signs point to it happening.

Thanks for all the recommendations, anons! It seems pretty much everything Superman (including Supersons) is great these days and also Deathstroke seems to be the favorite. I will make sure to check those out first.

Enjoy!