In the Marvel Universe...

In the Marvel Universe, it's canon that planets are made by magical Puerto Rican lesbian goddesses who have babies out of thin air.

You mean that isn't the way?

>literally me

Yeah, OP. How did you think stars were created?

Think before posting.

You don't actually think anybody else at Marvel is going to acknowledge that crap, do you?

Wait, so why is America called a latino superhero if she's from another dimension? Do they still have south america in that dimension?

>latino

No no, it's "latinx", because gendering words is misogyny, and the only way to correct it is to erase peoples' culture by imposing grammatically-progressive changes on them for their own good, because they don't know any better.

That didn't really answer my question but okay

I thought Space Squids made them

That's not even what latinx means. Latinx is the he/her version of latino, or latina

this is a shitpost but real talk, spanish speakers were already using stuff like "latin@" to be inclusive, unless that was something they made up for my spanish textbooks

yes, but why shes named America when she wasn't born in America is another question

Yes, and they specifically refer to her in print as a "Latinx" superhero. Because calling her a "Latino" superhero would be using icky, socially-regressive suffixes.

This is the shit they teach on a university level now, we're all fucking fucked.

>literally me

call her a latina superheroine

fixed

Or they just call her that because they've chosen to refer to every latino and latina as latinx, which is all the word means. Not everything is a conspiracy against you, you giant faggot.

Intentional design similarity. Long, wavy dark hair with a repeating star motif. Real question is, did the random Hispanic chick Gabby had America hook up with after dumping her gf have a diamond and circle motif?

Socially regressive is that entire movement with how lacking in self awareness they are. The white man's burden is supposed to be a poem, not a guide.

Every day we stray further from the light, yet I cannot weep for I have no more tears to shed.

For the record, she was literally born as the result of a gay reality-warper being dared to create his idea of the perfect woman.

trying to degender spanish is kind of retarded considering the nature of the language.

why is she terrible then? aren't gays and women supposed to operate on the same level?

>not writing an 80s action girl/magical girl pastiche about lesbian goddesses empowering an ordinary girl to fight magical cosmic villains through the power of friendship and forbidden love

Mistakes into miracles, user, mistakes into miracles.

Dumb cislord language

Does changing one letter really signal the end of western civilization to you?

Take a chill pill dude. You sound like "Could I be out of touch? No, it's the universities that are wrong!" Try reading some articles about why people might prefer that term or vice-versa. I promise you there is no evil social justice boogeyman. Just people with different opinions than yours, and who knows, maybe you'll see where they're coming from if you engage with their arguments.

how come people bitch that English is too hard because our spelling in inconsistent and nobody shits on German and Spanish for arbitrarily and inconsistently gendering all their nouns? Or all the bullshit in tonal languages?

It's a death of a thousand cuts kind of thing, you let one little thing slide cause it's not that big a deal and you'll just keep being pushed back a little more each time until everything you know has been changed and you agreed to let it happen. Sometimes you just gotta put your foot down and say no.

Yes, but Sup Forums has told me that every opinion held by every normie on facebook, sjw on tumblr, soyboy on reddit and cucktard on twitter is wrong, so there is a very narrow field wherein i can take my opinions and all of them are garbage

To be fair, the universities are totally wrong in this case.

You sound like some westboro baptist fag protesting this year's starbucks' cups. Pick your battles my dude

> every opinion held by every normie on facebook, sjw on tumblr, soyboy on reddit and cucktard on twitter is wrong
Well, that IS true.

oh boy, your shitty fetish.

Realistically it's an awkward construction that according to pronunciation rules would be weird to actually speak out loud that is being artificially propped up for political reasons rather than a natural shift in language due to the need for a gender-neutral form.

"Just read our literature and you'll see we're right. :^)"

Like man you guys are picking the wrong fight trying to tell spanish speaking nations what to do with their language, besides soccer their cultural hobby is shitflinging at each other over speaking the language wrong.

Lesbianism is hardly a fetish, unless you're one of those hardcore rad-dyke types.

I don't know, he has point.
The attempt to degender gendered languages into something that's not even really pronounceable for no reason other than you're averse to the idea of gender seems like a bigger deal than seasonal cups or whatever.

Yeah but it can be fetishized, and clinging to "it's forbidden love! ~_^" is a big ol'red flag.

>literally me

Maybe Spanish speakers in America, but i've never seen it anywhere else.

Because Wiccan doesn't understand women

Marvel, really don't have editors keeping shit like this in check don't they?

Not in Marvel U. It's a sub-universe created by Wiccan, gay son of Scarlet Witch.

that's kinda hot

>Comes from a lesbian dimension where countries and cultures we have don't exist
>Somehow named "America Chavez"

I'll take "Marvel Has No Editors" for 500.

>purple is about to punch the shit out of pink in a second or two

Reading America's editor twitter feed is hilarious. She's a miserable cat-woman who spent her last birthday making cupcakes. And it looks like noone in the office ate them.
No wonder Riveras can bully her around.

No joke. Her origin story is that she came to earth as a child and decided she'd be latino when some old lady gave her a plate of beans and rice.

She's only latino because she basically committed cultural appropriation, and the only reason the SJWs are okay with it is because her skin color means she looks 'latino' enough to make it acceptable.

Just like the writer. I wonder if Cebulsky'll start a purge at some point or, other way around, give her more books to shit on.

This is about as "canon" as every other in-universe religion. The Norse, Greeks, and Native Americans all have their own creation myths and actual flesh and blood versions of their gods who claim it's true.

>gendering words is misogyny,
but stealing a foreign word then refusing its meaning is racist.

>latin@
Latin-at?

Gabby probably wrote her "lore" on some toilet paper and handed it in to her editor.

The difference between the third generation twat and the Norse, Greek, and the Native Americans is that their shit is actually creative and fun to read up on.

>avoiding cupcakes for political reasons
It's sad how far America (the country) has fallen.

>how come people bitch that English is too hard
In what parallel universe do people complain that? Especially in modern days where 90% of hte dictionnary is now replaced with 2syllabs babytalk, and where people refuse to use different registry of languages?

No no no

Everyone knows the planets were created and fertilized by celestials as eggs for new celestials, and the reason there are intelligent beings with superpowers on the surface of the planets is because that's the natural defense system protecting the egg.

America (vol.1, 2017-) is a mature, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

Link me?

Makes about as much sense as any other religion.

>literally me

There was already a gender-neutral term that worked fine in the language. Prof. Cracka-Whitebread had to put THEIR stamp on it, though. It's linguistic colonialism.

I go with Latine.

>In the Marvel Universe, it's canon that planets are made by magical Puerto Rican lesbian goddesses who have babies out of thin air.

Until next month, when it all gets retconned. Cape comics, everyone!

Can you imagine trying to be Gabby Rivera's editor, knowing you can't push her out?

I was waiting for this.

He added space lesbian gods?

Marvel's fucked either way. Originally America Chavez came from the Utopian Parallel, a pocket dimension created Wiccan. Wiccan was already a gay jew with god powers who created the Utopian Parallel as his gay fanfiction Neverland with only women in one pocket and all the men in the other. This is why Chavez is a lesbian because her entire life has been nothing but a clambake until the Utopian Parallel got destroyed and she came to our world.

Now they're retconning that with even more gay fanfiction tier stuff where two lesbian space ghosts ran each other full fist ahead to create America Chavez's world? Honestly it just keeps getting worse until they retcon this and have a transgender space ghost impregnate itself and then anal birth Chavez's world all over again.

I though Amaterasu painted them in the sky.

Sup Forumsmblr is real.

This.

And the great art for these pages make it about the only one thing salvageable from the unbelievable trainwreck this comic is

The "latinx" bullshit is not a causative factor, it's a result.

No it's non-binary and can refer to someone who identifies as they them or any other pronouns that aren't he her

So did Galactus eat them? You never hear about these deities and well, they can make planets, and Galactus eats planets for the energy, so it's reasonable to say they're filled with the energy Galactus consumes.

What.

It’s just a stupid word.

>Latinx is the he/her version of latino, or latina

Which is something that doesn't exist in Spanish, and is a product of white upper-middle class yuppies imposing their anglo culture on everyone else "because they don't know any better."

Get outta here with that White Man's Burden bullshit and stop colonizing other cultures.

Yes and?

I dropped America around issue 5, this makes me want to pick it back up. Seriously, America's lines
>Literally, me.
>Whoa..
>Ay, my heart...
It's like a concentration of ridiculous in just 6 words.

>"latin@"
How do you even pronouce that though? Do these snowflakes only communicate in written form?

Not that I like the latinx retardation but are you trying to sound like Abe Simpson?

I don't know if I'd say "great" art, it all looks too clean and neat and human for cosmic absctracts interacting imo, but it is miles better than the writing.

This shit wouldn't fly if the living tribunal were still alive.

Rice and peas, not beans.

There is a term that got pointed out to me in here but i'm not really sure that's the right one. I just know that Latinx is a bullshit term as its nothing but gibberish to latino people. It makes absolutely no grammatical sense so it just reeks of ignorant idiot being offended upon your behalf. TLDR Latinx in an attempt to not be offensive is actually offensive.

Billy Kaplan is/was their God.They probably had some ancient myth about how he was from some mystical land of the free and brave which made her parents decide to name her after it.

No, gays either dislike women, or want sassy bitches who always insult people. That's why Mean Girls is so popular with gay men.

I don't think Abe would really be as eloquent to put in the thousand cuts metaphor or even have that kind of foresight.
You can't really just say EVERYONE against any kind of change is just a grumpy old man.

Marvel universe or her universe?

Dunno.

Abe's definitely a slippery slope kind of guy, and you didn't argue why change is bad.

It doesn't need to be retconned because it happens in a book that no one will ever acknowledge, so it might as well never have happened.
Unless Ewing and his continuity boner ever brings it back up, but then his books don't sell either.

>I promise you there is no evil social justice boogeyman.

Ah, the classic leftist tactic of "It's all in your head!"

No you see one of her mothers comes from a pocket universe created buy a gay teen, and the other comes from another world created by cosmic lesbian space ghosts.

If I had to edit the diarrhea that potato of a pretend spic shit out I'd be pretty fucking miserable too.

>who created the Utopian Parallel as his gay fanfiction Neverland with only women in one pocket and all the men in the other.

Sounds like an alright guy.

>People still read Marvel comics

Do you also enjoy breaking your own fingers with a hammer every now and then?

That art is like throw up.

Aren't you being a bit overdramatic?

There are some good books coming out buried under all the garbage. If you aren't reading Punisher: The Platoon, I feel sorry for you.

ISN'T YOUR MOTHER BEING A BIT OF A WHORE