I cannot recall a single comic that was ever delayed more times in such a short period

I cannot recall a single comic that was ever delayed more times in such a short period.

Between it's original release date of September and its actual release date of November, the first issue of the new John Wick comic, written by Greg Pak and published by Dynamite Entertainment, was delayed a minimum of 5 times. I wanna say there was a 6th delay, but I can't be bothered to check.

So it's appropriate that the storytime for it was ALSO delayed by a full week.

This is the never before told origin story of John Wick, functioning as a(n official?) prequel to the films.

This is...

John Wick #1

STORYTIME

Does anyone know how many issues this is supposed to run for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bRR5zULf3zA
youtube.com/watch?v=7-TZCEyok_o&t=92s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

variant cover

another variant cover

and another variant cover

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

What do you guys think of the movies?

And that's that.

the art looks pretty phoned in

Thanks for the story time op

He's using a rocket launcher on a child. Jesus Christ talk about overkill.

The artist had a do a fill-in for X-Men Blue

diversity & Comics said it was sHit

youtu.be/bRR5zULf3zA

>getting so mad about a comic book your hands shake

lmao

Loved the first one.
The second one's not as good, but really only because it can't stand on its own like the first.

My comic shop didnt order this book so i had to get it from another one. I like how Charon showed up. Hes my favorite character.

Never saw em.

Why is he handing the cop a cookie?

I thought this was never gonna come out lol.

Lazarus

Thanks OP, comic has potential. I only saw the first movie and thought it was fun.

The Russian mob uses danloons in exchange for services

Fuck are Cowan and Sienkiwicz are amazing.

Nice cover.

Fantastic cover. Easily the best of the bunch.

What was that book that had one issue and then issue two came out like 4 years later?

I wanna say it was called Player None or something.
Was about a magical fantasy world that took place inside a video game and a few of the NPCs were self aware (and one was apparently the chosen one?).

Most prequel/prelude comics are about one trade long.
Unless it's being treated as a spin-off idea in which case it could be an ongoing.

Nice enough photo cover.

Why john wick looked pale

>John Wick
>Teacupping ever
C'mon, part of why the movies were so good was the realistic gun play. A trained assassin knows better.

Snack time knows no borders

>Teacupping
???

Whatever happened to John Cassaday?

Seriously, this is an OK cover, but he used to be one of the best in the industry. This looks like it was drawn by a completely different person from the guy who drew Planetary.

Don't really see the point of this comic, unless they go full abstract it's never going to match the style of the movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-TZCEyok_o&t=92s

The comic just can't capture this.

Greg Pak is very obviously not a guy who does research.

The biggest problem is that there's not a single western comics artist aside from MAYBE Frank Quitely who can draw motion well enough to capture action scenes that could potentially resemble the movie.

Otherwise it's a fine comic.

Thanks for the storytime OP.
That was pretty good, but I feel every time they’ve tried to pull the curtain back and show us more of the mystery of the continental and the crimeworld as a whole it’s underwhelming. The cool thing about John Wick 1 was that it didn’t show much, it was just a way to get John back in the action without explaining how his wounds were magically better or how he got new guns. The cool mysterious side was a good side effect.

>functioning as a(n official?) prequel to the films
The guy who wrote the John Wick screenplay had some input on it, so the events of this book could be brought up if John Wick 3 happens.

No problem.

What in the fuck is the point of this opening scene?

HOW was this even recorded to film?

stop shilling your channel D&C no one cares

>G.I. JOE VS. THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN

Well that sounds... interesting... I guess.

>>Teacupping
>???
When you hold a handgun, it is optimal to first wrap your firing hand around the gun, then "puzzle piece" your other hand around the rest of the grip to create a stable surface. This aids in control of the weapon and allows for better manipulation of the controls.

However, novices not trained to do so will "cup" the magazine/underside of the grip with their off-hand, holding it like one would a teacup. Hence, "teacup".

Yeah, the art is kinda disappointing.

yeesh that was pretty fucking bad and I've enjoyed Greg Pak in the past...disappointed

No problem.

Five issues.

Also going off Comixology, issues #2-4 all come out on 12/27 and issue #5 is January 31 2018.

No problem.

>What was that book that had one issue and then issue two came out like 4 years later?

I've never even heard of this.

That's obviously not going to happen. They're not going to put out 3 issues in a single day.

I thought it was just middle-of-the-road. I'll read the rest of it for sure.