Favorite Superhero/villain

Yesterday I was asked what's my favorite superhero and didn't know what to answer. What character is good but also evil, acts on impulse and doesn't care? Besides Deadpool though, his jokes are lame.

Also, post your favorite hero/villain as well.

>What character is good but also evil, acts on impulse and doesn't care?
Venom

>Favorite Hero
The Rocketeer
>Favorite Villain
Dr. Doom

how is he benevolent?

>favorite hero
Batman
>favorite villain
Either joker or darkseid

Strictly Sup Forums related:

>Hero
Tony Stark

>Anti-Hero
Jackie Estacado

>Villain
DOOM

I like lists though, so here's my Top 5:

Heroes
>Iron Man
>Powergap
>Doctor Strange
>Batman
>Green Arrow
>Moon Knight

Anti-Heroes
>Jackie Estacado
>Deathstroke
>John Constantine
>Judge Dredd
>Ninjak

Villains
>DOOM
>Luthor
>Grendel
>Norman Osborn
>Lucifer Morningstar

Top 5 (Combined):

>Iron Man
>DOOM
>Jackie Estacado
>John Constantine
>Judge Dredd

>Iron Man
>A hero

Doom is my favorite Superhero

>favorite superhero
my favorites are /m/ or Sup Forums

>favorite supervillain

Batman

Eobard

I don’t see burying wrong with those. Tony sometimes makes hard choices for the good of the people he cares about.

>ordering an assassination attempt on an ambassador
>I don't see anything wrong

Eh, it was a Namor book that used Tony as a legit bad guy. The plan was to declare war on Atlantis and being the people together again, but he didn’t go through with it.

Like I said, he makes hard choices to protect his people and his IP. At the end of the day he’s human, not some paragon of humanity. The fact that he tries so hard makes him a hero.

I fucking love that episode

The fact that he thinks he's above everyone and it's HIS choice to send Hulk into space, take Sentry into the Avengers, attack the Skrulls and give them a motivation for the Secret Invasion, and build a giant gun in space to wipe out the shiar is what makes him unheroic. He thinks he knows better.

>guy put in charge makes decisions that impact the rest of the world
Who would’ve thought?! But really, who would you have preferred as Director of SHIELD, or generally in charge? The Illuminati were actually the smartest and most capable folks on the planet. Do you think a nameless politician would’ve handled things better than Tony?

At the end of the day, Sure, he’s got blood on his hands. Lots of it even. But the moment you become a leader you have to be ready for that. Taking it upon yourself takes courage.

>favorite hero
Daredevil
>favorite villain
DOOM

So you need a bunch of strangers online to tell you what your favorite superhero is?

Bloody christ, I haven't heard of anything more pathetic.

>favorite superhero
Jack Knight
>favorite supervillain
Perhaps the Black Flame from Hellboy/BPRD

>calls other pathetic
>has read so few comics that he can't think of a better villain than mr no personality

>Grendel
If you weren't a Doomfag I'd say you have good taste.

>Buaaahhhh, my taste is better than your taste

I'm not sure who are lamer, bathaters or Starkhaters.

>no arguments

Is this faggot really taking pride in reading a lot of comics?

Why the fuck do you come to Sup Forums if you hate comics? Fuck off.

Oh sweety, if you think people need to justify their choices to you, you are even more pathetic than OP

What choices? You called starkhater lame when there's a pic full of solid proof that Stark sucks.

>Hero
Batman, though Daredevil is slowly growing on me more and more as I read through his stuff.

>Villain
Black Manta, even though I feel like he hasn't reached his full potential from the writers he's gotten (I'm even considering on making my own webcomic). Ultron is probably a close second with Pymtron being the best thing to ever happen to him.

Favorite hero is Hank Pym. Why? 'Cause despite being a supergenius, he comes off as more of an everyman than Reed or Tony or Bruce. Or T'Challa. Or Hank...

But because of the way so many writers have fucked him up, he's become one of the more complex individuals in the Marvel universe. I mean, he's currently Ultron (maybe?), but his interactions with Scott Lang and Janet and the rest of the Avengers gives him more room to be a more interesting character, especially considering that a lot of characters are being written more like their MCU counterparts.

>Pymtron being the best thing to ever happen to him
Remender was a hack in that special who ignored all the development for Pym, his newfound bipolarity in Avengers AI and reverted him back to Ultron issues.

>elder god tier
wolverine
>i liked him before he was cool tier
atomic robo
>ow the edge tier
rorschach

>graph details Stark’s shadier actions
>this somehow is proof he sucks as a character
Wew! Edge gags are bad, but man, Moralfags are even worse.

>sucks as a character
Said nobody. We're talking about his heroism.

I’m no Doomwanker though. I like my Doom hammy and delusional on top of being a Universal Monsters cliche. I like him competent but also theatrical and not invincible.

Do I still get to have good taste?

I won't deny that Hank Pym essentially got a reset button there but as someone who likes Ultron, I'm happy with what they did with him. In the end I guess it sucks that Ultron got a pretty definitive character arc after so many years, except it was at the expense of Pym's development.

I'm only glad it led to being written by Duggan in Uncanny Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, because I miss his Annihilation Conquest days.

Jesus you mongoloid, the moment you take on the role of a government official of course you’re gonna do shady shit to protect your people. Stark is a realistic hero in that he cares about what is his, and not so much about anything else. He cares about his IPs, he cares about his monopoly on the market, he cares about his people.

Wanna call him a bad hero because he’s not a “I’ll save everybody everywhere” boys out? Sure, go ahead.

Ordering an assassination attempt on an ambassador was before he was a government official, but keep reaching.

WRONG
the right answer

>Favorite Superhero
Can I take teams? If so, I choose The Doom Patrol in its entirety, if not Moon Knight.
>Favorite Supervillain
To tell the truth I like villains more than I like heroes. I like The Ghost from Marvel alot.

Sorry for the confusion, then. I'm just used that doomfags buy into his narcissistic self-hype and believe that he actually should be infallible and invincible.

>hero
Spider-Man
Generic answer but he's been my favorite since I was a kid

>villain
Mysterio
I don't really have a reason I just think he's cool

He was still collaborating with the Government and the whole story was based on rumors. It's not 100% verified.

I'm not saying he's a clean-cut hero, that's the point, that's why I like him. Wanna bump him to Anti-Hero? Fine, big deal.

Yeah, like this guy here

>Hero
Wally West as The Flash
>Villain
Captain Cold

Black Manta and Deathstroke are pretty close.

>So you need a bunch of strangers online to tell you what your favorite superhero is?
>Bloody christ, I haven't heard of anything more pathetic.
I don't read comics nor watch cartoons. Was just curious which character fits my profile.

>Hero
Daredevil

>Villain
Doom

And whatever the hell Ozy is, he is my favorite

>Jackie Estacado
>Grendel
>Dredd
Patrician Taste Confirmed.

>Wally
Step aside, junior.

Wally is actually pretty cool but Jay will always be my favorite