Oh boy, get ready for the invasion of Sentryfags, aka Powerlevelfags

Oh boy, get ready for the invasion of Sentryfags, aka Powerlevelfags.

"no"

YES

See the Dr. Strange storytime.

Why? Marvel will ruin my boy again?

>implying Sentry wasn't born ruined

Who would win?

Shut up, worm. Bendis destroyed him for years. Sentry need to stay dead, he's too good for marLEL.

What the actual fuck will they do this time? Shit, you just ruined my day with this thread.

Fuck yeah Sentry is back, was worried he was gone forever. Get ready for shitting.

>OP says 'big reveal at the final page'
>oh boy, will best waifu Clea finally come back?
>no, it's fucking Sentry

But why.

"yes"

Sentry being a flying brick with is power set is synonymous with ruined.

Sentry being all-powerful isnt mary-sueness, it's a plot device. He's not supposed to be Superman, he's supposed to be God.

An extremely shit god who is manipulated by Norman Osborn.

Wow! What a nice story!

Sentry 1-5, the one shots and Sentry vs The Void is one of my favorite runs tbqhwy. Especially Sentry and The Hulk.

Did marvel bring him back?

>invasion of powerlevelfags
but they've been here all along. Why do you think we get 20 Goku vs Superman threads a day?

>Especially Sentry and The Hulk.
"Sentry has an aura that calms the Hulk"
You never read anything better than that?

Friendly reminder that Bob got assraped by Thor, he's not even that strong. Like he gave him some trouble, but Thor still fucked him up HARD.

>Bendis
Read the mini series.

Yeah I loved the idea of what if superman existed in Marvel at first, however Sentry never made anything that character statements claim.he's a fucking idiot yet off panel statements portray him as superman like personality wise.

>m-muh sentry died because he wanted to die

I liked the art style they used and how they depicted Hulk as more of a misunderstood brute rather than "HURRR SO ANGRY, SMASH" with no depth.
I was hoping Sentry being dead would protect him from modern Marvel

Sentry should only appear in avengers comics.

Friendly reminder that it was Bendis powering Sentry up with one of the biggest ass pulls in comic history that made him "a god" or whatever. In his original incarnations he was pretty much Gladiator level, perhaps a notch above it but certainly not above Thor.

He was at best, at the same level as a Galactus herald.

That's because of weaboos who are too butthurt to admit they're wrong.

Basically.
>Every character and their mothers shilling Sentry, saying how amazing he was
>Sentry never does anything particularly heroic and, in fact, is manipulated to do un-heroic things quite easily

To be fair he was supposed to be Silver Age superman.

And even in final boss mode he got rekt

His third mini-series bro.

Sentry in the first mini series:
At his darkest hour, we see some flashbacks and characters showcasing exactly what you and the person you are quoting are saying that did not happen. The reason we see him as a meek, broken man is because Bob became exactly that as he forgot about the Sentry and what he must overcome to stop the Void alongside the other marvel heroes. It's a story about someone rediscovering themselves, no wonder he isn't heroic until the very end.
Sentry in the second mini-series.
Is portrayed as a hero character that is trying to save the world 24/7 like a mad man and it slowly creeps in the stress and burden of said fact, until we learn he and the Void are the very same person.
Sentry in the third mini-series.
Family fun-times silver age fun with a super heroic protagonist that acts exactly as what the person you are quoting is lamenting he never was.
Giving a care about Bendis dogshit take on the character and calling it as a flaw of the basic concept of the character (exactly where he was "easily manipulated" as stated by the post you are quoting) is not knowing much about the character. I understand must people only know about Sentry in it's entry on Dark Reign and New Avengers prison break arc but Bendis version of the character was of a boring plot device and doesn't even scratch the surface of what the character can be and what it was already.

>Sentry in the third mini-series.
>Family fun-times silver age fun with a super heroic protagonist that acts exactly as what the person you are quoting is lamenting he never was.
Non-canon.

Sentry is all hype and no feats. He's gotten his ass handled to him by Hercules, Blue Marvel and Thor. Power of a million suns my ass. He's not even interesting enough to warrant his supposed importance and he's one of the worst conceivable character concepts ever.

So... another day in Sup Forums then.

>mfw there are still retards doing superman/goku threads.

Did we not banish all DBZ/DBS threads to Sup Forums or are legacyfags still keeping them here?

Cates is a good writer

I thought it was sort of canon in that they acknowledged it as an alternate Earth (and that Sentry showed up in Contest of Champions).

Anything Sentry past the first mini was a mistake

sentry being his own antagonist is too high iq for marvel. It was a bad idea to try this in such an editor heavy enviroment

sentrys 1st mini is still great

Yea, could anyone direct me to the cereal isle?

Popeye with spinach beats both

If you care for the Sentry only for his power level, then you're not really a Sentry fan.

Sentry has so much more to offer than just power. His inner struggle and mental problems are the main aspects that should be of real interest to you.

I'm glad to see him back. I hope new writers will utilize him better than Brian Michael Bendis did.

This. Unfortunately, they got rid of the crazy-death-celestial-messiah shtick and we got back to the golden boy with stability issues. I suspect another raping of the original concept to be honest.

>There are people on Sup Forums who didn't like World Breaker Hulk only being able to be knocked unconscious by Sentry at max power only for Doctor Strange to step up and be like "Fuck this I am just gonna banish him"

I love World War Hulk that book is amazing but fuck Cho and fuck Mr Fantastic

Plutonian is sentry done right

Not really?

THIS is Sentry done right.

the secret wars was a cosmic enema

Sentry defeated the molecule Man.

true, it threw out some nice desings, like Black Priest Strange, Immortus' Infinity Watch and Death Horsemen still loose on Earth only to pave the way for fucking America Chavez and alike.
As for Bob, I lost all my hope of a decent (I'm glad he's back but very careful nonetheless) comeback when he didn't show up in any form during the Ultimates, because I trusted Ewing to do justice to characters.

Dr. Strange of all places is a very weird place for Bob's return

In a book about Loki and Stephen measuring magical dicks, I have no idea where Sentry fits at all, but I am intrigued

>The fucking Sentry is literally being brought back in order to avenge the death of a talking dog

None of his mini series are "canon".
Only the Bendis crap is "canon".

Canon sentry sucks ass, actual Sentry was a good character with 3 very different and fun mini series.

Hence: The concept can work, and can work in different ways. it just needs a non-shit writer to pull off.

>but certainly not above Thor.
What? It's pretty clear he was. No one had any hope against the Void in his final attack, which is why the Sentry had to disappear.

>literally doing siege 2

I bet he's going to fight Black Bolt and kick off thanos imperative 2

I think it was stated that killing Ares took a lot out of Sentry. If not for that he would have killed Thor.

The one written by the author who jerks it hardest to his character, so probably Stardust. Hopefully Stardust, at least Hanks is dead.

Then ow did he shove Galactus off Earth?

He also got beat by the Hulk.
Which was bullshit.