Randall was so cute in Monsters University, why'd he have to go evil?

Randall was so cute in Monsters University, why'd he have to go evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/11/disney-star-wars-monsters-inc-tv-series-1202205326/
youtu.be/IGzJFJRkmCE
youtu.be/C9L_w5favfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he was the kind of guy who later becomes a school shooter

Honestly wouldn't have been so bad if his heel-turn was a little more fleshed out or justified.

Right place wrong time. If he enrolled later on he wouldnt have the grudge he does on Sully

I want to dominate and fuck that gecko.

Fleshed out, maybe. It was good as it was, tho.

Justified, no. Every justification is about being resentful due the main characters actions when they were jerks or some misunderstanding. So, he would just be another good guy turned bad due wrong happenings. I am sick of that, really. It was good that they show that people just can go like that by their own decisions.

They should make a real sequel where an adult Boo has memories of the monster world and wants to try to make contact with it. Randall could show up after years of being trapped in the human world and they could both want to get back to the monster world or something. Maybe Randall could have a face turn, maybe he could be a bastard, who knows.

Because Pixar couldn't give more of a shit about continuity weighted against even minimal story potential

Randall was obviously raped and killed by trailer park trash rednecks by the end of Monsters Inc.;

> Implying there will ever be an "adult Boo"

It's obvious that, with the Monster society digging up the precedent of Adult scream being EVEN more powerful than Children laughter set up in Monsters University coupled with the discovery that humans are not really toxic to monsters, the only logical course of action will be to salvage the scarer workforce as Adult scarers, and both worlds will come crashing together in a terrifying war in Monsters Unleashed (2020)

pretty sure seuqels were ordered by Dsiney,to make bank on merchandise.

THE MOUSE

We're still getting Toy Story 4

He didn't go evil. He's actually pretty neutral and just trying to live his life. You only see him as evil because we view the movie from the perspective of Mike and Sully, and Randal's interests didn't align with theirs.

Same way how the headmistress wasn't evil either. She's just a hardass, and the kids were scared of her.

He definitely went evil when he kidnapped a child and planned to use her as a guinea pig for scream experiments. In this he just decided to look out for himself at the expense of his friend Mike. He didn't even go out of his way to fuck Mike over, he just kind of abandoned him.

Oh yeah he was definitely evil by Monsters Inc.

Aren't the majority of the scarers fucked at the end of 1? They can't all be funny and they'll have been used to scaring for years.

the fuck is that gif from?

He was always an opportunist with no sense of loyalty. When you're that kind of person you either realise that it's wrong to be that way and improve with age or you double the fuck down. Randall doubled the fuck down.

Cabin in the woods. Great movie

Yeah that'd make an interesting angle for a sequel. A fuckload of out of work pissed off scarers, chaotic revamping of the entire energy industry, redundancy of long-standing academia, etc. All that laughter will bring a whole lot of misery.

thx mate

The less intimidating ones were the partners right? I feel like most teams would try switching places. Scarers would be the help and the partners would do the jokes.

Because he's an opportunistic bastard who couldn't cope with Mike and Sully succeeding against all odds, so of course he would be a bitter little shit about it.

Best monster design along with Hardscrabble, though.

Evil is a point of view

>tumblr i'm not even surprised anymore

I'm all for subjectivity and shades of grey but kidnapping a 4 year old and strapping her into a machine to harvest her anguished screams for the rest of her life doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation.

It's a spectrum.

>In the first movie Randell would somehow miss the main character in plain sight for the stupidest reasons
>Prequel films actually manages to explain and excuse whats really the only shoddy writing of the original (Randell fails to notice the characters because he is blind, but refuses to wear glasses as a means to fit in)
I always found that to be particularly clever of them.
MU in general is pretty underrated if only it's probably the only Disney film that subverses the "follow your dreams" moral and had the guts to do a truth bomb and explain not all dreams can come true.

Bitches Love the Lizard

I know that Sup Forums doesn't talk about it but I'm actually kinda hyped for the TV Series.

What do you guys think it'll look like?

I'm personally hoping that it looks something like Pic Related

>Randall was obviously Raped and killed by trailer park trash rednecks by the end of Monster's Inc

This may be just be wishful thinking on my part but I get the feeling he's not Dead

I wonder if he has a Hemipenis

TV series?

The monsters see kids as toxic monsters

The monsters of Monster inc. Are weak as fuck. They just can't win

I've always found it underrated for being one of the few sequels that doesn't have the main characters go through the same character arcs and plot that they had the original version.

And that they completely avoided going for the "scaring is bad, laughing is good" message of the first one.

Yep.

deadline.com/2017/11/disney-star-wars-monsters-inc-tv-series-1202205326/

Given how most cartoons look nowadays I don't have any high hopes.

But then again, Tangled and Big Hero 6 pleasantly surprised me. So maybe this will too.

Agreed on both points. I honestly do love Abigail's design, best from this movie.

I'm guessing it'll be crappy flash.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that this movie had some QT Monster Girls?

making him squint by having him remove his glasses was kinda funny tho

Nope user... TOTALLY just you...

In a hypothetical sequel, does Randall deserve a redemption arc?

Oh yes.

Well, he's not quite so irredeemably evil as Lotso or Syndrome, but he's still pretty bad in Monsters Inc. It's possible, but unlikely.

No but we’re gonna get it anyway because it’s “the nice thing” to do

I had a sequal idea.

While searching for boo, they eventually come across randal, because of the whack he got with the spade he got amnesia and reverted back to his personality at the begging of monsters U

>"I don't remember much of life before beign struck, just my childhood, the start of my adult life and thats it. but I vaugly rememeber you two haveing a big part in it. we must have been best friends.

The it would go into a whole total recall nature versus nurture debate. Mike and Sully are stunned that the vengefull and murdous asshole they new is now making them pancakes,

whats the right course of action: they do understandable have some resentment towards him, but do they leave him? he wants to know about his past but would it be a good idea to tell him?
also the movie should be called Monsters Labratories.

I think in terms of traditional narratives there is only so many actions a character can pull before the line is passed where general audience no longer cares about redemption and simply want the consequences to have the antagonist suffer.

Child kidnapping and torture passes that line.

Amnesia is a pretty cheap dramatic tool

Possibly...

Depends on the skill of the writer. But yeah a Pixar movie for kids isn't really the medium for that kind of complexity.

name another movie where its been used that way

classic pixar would have done it

>live action Meg

Ok that’s pretty funny what is this?

>name another movie where its been used that way

Actually I was just getting vague memories of those terrible soap operas my mom used to watch

I loved that the villainous squint came from him needing glasses.
Can't say I care much for the movie overall.

a good writer can make anything good, thats was the motto of classic pixar

Top Kek!

(Tbf Syndrome slaughtered countless Super Heroes. He set the bar so high that Randall, Maleficent, Ralph and Barbossa are Angels compared to him)

I understood that reference.

>Maleficent
>Not evil
That's stupid.

It's a Disney Infinity Advertisement

Sure but amnesia still feels like a cop out to me

But muh wings.

That Angela Jolie trainwreck ruined her

Lel

That sounds like the work of a fanfic author who really badly wants to save his favourite villain and turn him into a good guy. I love villain redemptions and I wouldn't be upset to see such a thing, but amnesia's such a cliched plot device.

B-But user She wasn't invited to a Party! How can you call her Evil?

But Ralph is a good guy through and through who only plays a villain, Randall is a sociopathic prick, and Maleficent is a an evil cunt.

I do agree with Barbossa being neutral though.

This is technically the reboot Maleficent.
The original is still as evil as Syndrome, Jafar, Clayton, etc.

Which makes me wonder if we're getting Malefijolie in KH3 as a cameo or as an actual character.

Don't worry she's a-okay.

For now at least..........

That Angela Jolie Maleficent tho. She's definitely a "Grey Area" character (or at least was intended to be)
The original Maleficent is still as Evil as Syndrome

And that's the Monster's University version of Randall (or Randy as they call him in-game). He's still an awkward Teenager here and hasn't become the complete Bastard he is in Inc by this point. So yeah he's Neutral.

oh man I forgot how much fucking wasted potential Infinity was. Why didn’t they just keep going with their shit?

According to e621 he sure does.

It was costing Disney way too much Money to keep rolling out New Waves and Figures.

Sucks tho cause we almost got playsets for Moana, Kim Possible, and Rogue One

Don't forget playsets for The Lion King, Thor: Ragnarok, and Peter Pan were also planned

I got what I wanted out of it.

Wait i didnt know they made Tron toys for this game
Is there a Rinzler

>Is there a Rinzler
Unfortunately no. Would have been awesome though.

Fuck
My boy got screwed over everywhere

goddamn.

That's a pretty cute liznerd

So many years of constantly being overshadowed by the guys he desperately (and hopelessly) keeps trying to beat made him very Bitter over time.

I don't see it happening in a Movie but maybe it might happen if Randall shows up in the TV Series.

It's not fair.
youtu.be/IGzJFJRkmCE

Would you lovingly bully Randy?

>Tronzler's death scene only lasted for a few seconds
>Flynn didn't do shit to help him, not even with admin powers
>movie tries to make us feel sorry for fucking CLU of all people
At least daft punk gave him a banger of a theme, here's another track that slaps
youtu.be/C9L_w5favfU

And remember we were getting Darkwing Duck/Gravity Falls stuff coming too.

And especially Kingdom Hearts figure too.

bully him with my dick

>Child kidnapping and Torture crosses that line

Eh... That's debatable...

If they wanted to Redeem him, they could. It would have to be very carefully written tho.

>I fight for the user

maybe he floated to safety because his helmet was sealed around his head

the focus is on mike and sully trying to figure out what to do with him.

how would you do it?

But at that pojnt he knew she wasn't/ He had no problems handling her, he knew that stuff was made up. Sully and Mike were terrified of her and it took one evening for them to gain a sense of empathy for her and understand she was a living feeling individual, Randall knew and he didn't care.