Thor: The Dark World

>have the focus of the movie be an infinity stone
>have the main villain kill Thor's mother
>Have Loki take over Asgard
>have one of the most creative final battles in a superhero film
How can a movie with so many big moments be considered the worst Marvel movie?

It's not. Thor 1 was way worse.

>Loki circlejerk in favor of more Thor villains
>Portman phoned it in
>A whole lot of padding about the blue knife ears with no payoff
>2 hours.long

I unironically enjoy Thor 1. I just think it has so many emotional moments that go underappreciated. Like with Loki confronting Odin when he finds out where he came from, or the scene where Thor finds out he's unworthy and Loki tells him Odin is dead. Also I just think it's probably the most comfy MCU movie

Because those moments were in a shit movie.

The creative final battle while "creative" wasn't that interesting to watch. I still was disappointed that the Hammer didn't come back the long way round as the finisher

I swear the camera in Thor 1 wouldn't stop tilting and it made me nauseous

But aside from that it alright

The DCEU has put a lot of these into perspective.
Movies like X-Men 3 that I generally thought were trash have so much good in them that I was too spoiled to notice prior to seeing what an ACTUAL mess of a capeshit can look like.

Wait how was the final battle creative? I don't remember it.

DCEU?
Hell, I did a double feature of X3 and Wolverine Origins, and I actually enjoyed X3 for what it was worth -- I can never watch it alone again, because I'll go right back to hating it, but if you must see that film, a double feature is the only way to go.

Convergence causing everyone and everything to teleport around portal style all while Thor's hammer keeps flying all over the place because it doesn't know where to go due to Thor teleporting between realms.

Kenneth Branagh realised what he signed up for and drank to forget. He was so drunk, he made the camera crew drunk just from the fumes.

I'm guessing they used that angle to signify unease from worlds colliding, but it's pretty hackneyed.

Thor 1 still has the best set and costume design of the Thor movies. Also, easily the best acting.

>Have Loki take over Asgard

It's really such a shame this plot point was thrown away so carelessly. It was the thread that could have made a really great, really emotional chapter 3. Similar to the first? Maybe But you could have showcased that slow extension of Loki's rule, the bitterness he gained from his experiences, his ruling being just as monstrous as the things he hated in Odin. I was looking to a powerful emotional climax to Loki and Thor's brotherly conflict. I was so excited to see that movie after Dark World. And that movie will never exist. That plot is gone and now all I want to see is Loki go full villainous revenge in Infinity War in direct opposition to the tone Watiti's movie

Loki I'm 90 percent sure is going to die saving the Asgardian refugees from Thanos. And then being remembered and praised like the play, but for the truth not his lies. It would be a fitting end to his plot.

The villain was shit and the themes were underused.

I liked Thor's mom though.

>Big moments = Good storytelling

You and people like you are the reason we get giant event comics every year where EVERYTHING CHANGES/CHARACTER WILL NEVER BE THE SAME/SOMEONE DIES.

>have the main villain kill Thor's mother

His mom had like 5 minutes of screen time between the two films before her death. It made her funeral one of the most useless, melodramatic scenes in the entire MCU

this user gets it

Nothing really was the focus in this movie other than the Loki storyline/

Hmmmm let's see
Acting is shit, mom's death and funeral were laughably bad, villain was shit, protagonist is shit, literally entire cast is shit, and the final battle while creative had lame choreography and ended with Thor throwing poles at him

This was unforgivable.

I agree that it’s super comfy. There’s something about it all being in that little town

Unpopular opinion: I think the first two Thor movies are okay, competent but forgettable movies. I'd unironically rather watch either of them instead of Age of Ultron or Iron Man 3.

Age of Ultron was terrible and a huge waste of potential.
Iron Man 3 also suffers from wasted potential, but otherwise it's ok.

I like it. I think too many people hated how bland the villain was. I did want more out of it. Odin not doing anything frustrated me. Dark elves being treated like power ranger goons at the end was shitty, but I still liked it.

>Iron Man 3 also suffers from wasted potential, but otherwise it's ok.

Naw, that dude was right, IM3 was dog shit.

I know jackshit about Thor.
What's the problem with this?

Honestly I'd rather rewatch this instead of Thor 1, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, TIH, Age of Ultron or GotG vol. 2.

It's not even in the worst 5 MCU movies for me. It has a shitton of flaws and I get why people don't like it, but for me the good outweighed the bad.

He's supposed to look like this. I get not wanting to do a 1:1 adaptation of the comics (even though I fucking hate that idea) but holy shit, they didn't even try. He looks more like a fucking predator than the actual Kurse.

I HAD TO LOOK IT UP AFTER TO EVEN BE SURE IT WAS HIM

the viking funeral and the escape from Asgard were great.

What? Loki actualy resolving things up with Thor was great.

its shit

It's not, Norton Hulk is worse and arguably Iron Man 2 as well. Dark World actually had a lot of moments I liked, a main issue with it is that it was flat out boring during some segments.