Characters who could DEFINITELY pick up Mjölnir

I'll start

I want to say Judge Dredd, but when I really think about it, I'm not sure.

He would refuse to even try.

>Picks it up in the spur of the moment during a monster fight
>Now cant get rid of it as every time it just flies back to him

Nah bro. Goblin Slayer is too focused on his own trauma to care much about others. The only thing he lives for is personally hunting down and killing goblins. Other people only matter in so far as they help him kill more goblins, or ocassionally if helping them deprives goblins of resources so its easier to kill more goblins later.

but actually

I could see him grabbing it in a battle. But yeah, if it was just like a casual situation he'd politely decline the opportunity. Which just makes him even worthier.

Either one of them. Felix has already picked up WHFB's version of Mjolnir.

What makes you think that?

surely some has drawn this

Well for one thing, Thor didn't have a ton of existential crises before Aaron came along, kind of like Thor was a single person and not an RPG class before Aaron came along, and how Odin was actually important instead of just being another Thor, before Aaron came along

Cheer up, bro.

SU fans do not belong in threads like these. Simply being cute and retarded doesn't mean you'r worthy. Exit to the left

I feel like for all his hard-headed fuckupness he's still the most likely candidate of the Earth corpsmen.

Is there a consensus about what the criteria is for being able to pick it up?

>completely unwilling to fight, let alone kill

'no'

Only question is, would it be a help or a hinderment?

I imagine one hit from Mjolnir would be enough to kill most demons, as opposed to the 5 seconds of chainsaw he usually needs, so it'd help

Plus, lightning blasts are BFG strong, if you charge 'em long enough

also pseudo flight, which is bound to be safer and more handy than rocket jumps (yes I know that's quake but still)

What makes someone worthy? Being strong? Being good? Being Thor?

Could Sokka pick it up is what I'm asking

He probably wouldn't even use the hammer.

since no one has posted the obvious yet

Willingness to kill has to be there too, so Sokka's candidacy may be in question

What he's got going for him is that he's pure of heart, even if from outside observation, he's very amoral. Hell, the Devil wanted Dredd's soul because it was so pure, but Dredd arrested him.

Maybe Felix, but Gotrek has too much blood and shit in his hands to be worthy of Mjolnir. He's already got Grimnir's Axe, so no problem in the weapon department.

He did in one of the novels, but I'm not sure that one counts. Anyway, if he wasn't worthy of Marvel's Mjolnir I'd be fucking mad.

Assuming just looking at the dang thing doesn't give him a seizure.

As much as I don’t like bringing up Homestuck, John Egbert could do it.

it would absolutely be this

You know it's true.

Goku

All good points

>That poor deformed being
Everybody feeling pity for you doesn't make you worthy.

Whats with all the retarded weeabos in this thread?
Nobody cares about your chinese cartoons.

Man, when I first started I convinced he would turn out to be evil. How fucking wrong was I

Hellboy already gets confused for Thor

>Thor being a class
I chuckled.

Guy does tick off all the boxes.

>TFW we'll never see Beta Ray and Guy as drinking buddies and being bros

A certain nobility plus warrior spirit.

Nope Superman lacks that fighter instinct.

See all of the good candidates

user im sorry youre retarded

100% sure

probably

not really sure

well know i have something else to go with the picture of thor and hyperion traveling the multiverse meeting future's end superman to form beared justice.

Hellboy is a reincarnated King Arthur AND a demon who loved humanity too much to fulfill his destiny of starting the apocalypse. Plus he sacrifices himself to kill an immortal snake witch. They would GIVE Mjolnir to Hellboy.

And he eats pamcakes

He's got the whole lightning thing down too.

>Hellboy is a reincarnated King Arthur
human to demon reincarnated. will that happen to the next race the comes after the war and thats what save the soul of humans means?

He's not the reincarnation, just the only living descendant by way of Morgan LaFey.

>sexually assaults children
Nah.

Twitter pls go.

The question, though, is whether he'd even need it.

Jack with fucking Mjolnir would be a sight to see.

NO

>Is there a consensus about what the criteria is for being able to pick it up?
Interestingly, in the MCU, it seems the only criteria is if Odin liked you. Because Hela used it once back when she was a mass murderer of innocents. MCU Odin is a hypocrite and habitual liar, which makes it hard to determine if he is in any position to judge other people.

Do you read the same comic? He begged for help to save the farm. He could quite clearly kill all those goblins on his own but his prep time would have taken so long the farm would have been gone by then. He doesn't mercy kill because he doesn't care about people, he mercy kills because he does.

Can anyone think of a person in real life that could lift the hammer that we'd all know? There have to be dozens if not hundreds of people but they tend not to be famous like firemen and soldiers. All I can think of is historical warriors like Miyamoto Musashi or Lü Bu and they were most likely been aggrandized over the passage of time.

eh I could probably lift it

how bout that dude who prevented world war 3? you know, the radar operator?

killed limeys in their sleep on christmas

santo has my vote.

Hessian mercenaries, actually. And that's not likely to offend Odin any.

John Cena probably

>Saved his entire species from extinction
>Willing to sacrifice himself for his species
>Willing to kill for them
>Continued to help them even after they betrayed him

By the standards given in this thread, this guy should be able to wield Mjolnir with ease.

petition to call her thorina say 'aye

I don't see a problem.

british people are technically human.

Wander

They were German mercenaries but your point still stands

>Thor was a single person and not an RPG class

Nah he believed in eugenics

>served in the military for almost 25 years
>successful soldier and cavalryman in the mexican-american war
>pushed for a combat position even though he easily could've gotten a POG position and was decorated for bravery, even being breveted three ranks up
>still detested killing, often noted to weep at the carnage of some of the battles he commanded
>brilliant general and leader of men who won the largest military confrontation in the history of the Western Hemisphere while pioneering new combat strategies while being popular with his troops
>incurred approximately 154,000 casualties, while having inflicted 191,000 casualties on his opposing Confederate armies (E. Bonekemper, "Grant and Lee", p. xxiv, 2012)
>treated his defeated foes honorably and gave them generous surrender terms, to the point that some former Confederate generals ended up serving in his government and Lee refused to tolerate an unkind word about Grant in his presence
>inherited a slave from a relative but freed him at no charge even though Grant was destitute at the time and could make a lot of money selling him
>played a major part in freeing the slaves by winning the war
>aggressively pursued the KKK as president, shutting it down
>appointed the first actual Indian to head the Bureau of Indian Affairs
>attempted to protect voting rights of all American citizens
>when he was dying of cancer, used his last bits of life to write his memoirs so future historians could know what happened and so his family could live off the royalties

Well, Audie Murphy is basically Captain America in real life without super soldier serum.

If he couldn't, she definitely could.

user I'm sorry you're retarded, because this happens like 5 pages later in that same comic.

Shot his neighbor's dog to blow off steam after fighting with his girlfriend

But Thor says that it was in good hands right on that page. Is that not an endorsement by the owner of the hammer?

Any gem could, they are basically not alive(like vision)

This
Best flash, I'm glad they added him to Injustice 2

>Lu Bu
Lu Bu's a backstabbing brute with no honor. He would never be worthy.

I don't think he could desu. I'm a massive Hellboy fan and love the character, but he's too riddled with self-doubt to wield the hammer.

Is that a chick tract?

Yeah.

They're surprisingly popular on /tg/, thanks to the D&D one.

Probably this guy.
I want to throw Lincoln in there and Someone already mentioned Roosevelt and Washington but I'm weary of politicians.

That part where it's heavily implied Joe had a relationship, then later framed the girl as delusional which led to her turning into a criminal nutjob because the law frowns upon relationships made me rethink his purity levels.