What side of the Superhuman Registration Act would they be on?

What side of the Superhuman Registration Act would they be on?

Batman-Against
Superman-Against
WW-For
Hal-Against initially, but probably wouldn't mind since he served
Aquaman-Against
Flash-Against
Cyborg-For

We’re not repeating Civil War: Batman and Superman should both be on the ‘Muh privacy side’. Pretty sure Flash would be a law-abiding sissy and Green Arrow would be in his element as the ‘FUCK YO GOVERNMENT’ rebel type.

So the SRA would be fucked.

Probably against?
Batman isn't superhuman, and for that matter, most of the people doesn't know/care if he exists.
Diana is an embassador, just like Aquaman, and probably Hal, I mean, Intergalactic police>puny human police.
Wally's identity was public for bloody years, if it came to that, Barry could do it too.

I don't see Hal being for, he hates authority overstepping its bounds and he's one of the only GLs who makes an attempt to hide his identity even though it's an open secret

Also Ollie would bully him until he agreed anyway

I think Flash, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman would probably be fine with it if they had it (I don't think they'd propose it, but they'd be willing to get on board), along with (begrudgingly) Hal.

Aquaman, Batman, and Superman would be against it. And if those latter two are against it, the rest of the League will back them.

90% would be against it and it'd basically just be the Cadmus arc of JLU.

How would they have handled the aftermath to this?

Wby Batman would be against when he is all about "planning for the moment heroes run amok and all"? (Which that legislation is all about, make them accountable to the law) I think he would be the first to back it up.

It wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Assuming it did, such as in Priests's recent JL issue where Batman fucks up making a tactical call, we'll probably see how the League and the world handles the aftermath next issue.

Flash and Superman remove everyone in less than a second. Superman takes the fag into space. Hal puts a bubble around the blast.

Honestly, the JL could fucking beat anything if they're all present.

Ollie hates the Rich, not specifically the government. He hates individual that act like they are the government.

Yes, and then he'd have to reveal his own identity, at which point he's like fuck that.

Assuming they aren't present at the time and have to deal with the clean up like the Avengers did.

>Honestly, the JL could fucking beat anything if they're all present.
Because they're practically gods. I mean, shit. A guy that wields the most powerful weapon in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE? He's basically mid-range at best on the JL.

They might hold a press conference. Superman probably does the talking. But even then, I doubt that it'd happen, or at least the outcry that happened like in Marvel, because DC civilians tend to be, on the whole, several IQ points higher.

Because despite being a paranoid control freak, Batman's smart enough to realize being primarily motivated by his parents' murder and supporting a Superhuman Registration Act would make him kind of a hypocrite. He doesn't want kids to grow up without parents just because they were pals with a known superhero.

Also, he's a vigilante and would hate having to take orders from the government.

This used to describe Stark as well.

Superman - For
Batman - For
Wonder Woman - For
Green Lantern - For
Flash - For
Martian Manhunter - For
Hawkgirl - For

>t.starkfag

Bullshit.

Man, I feel bad for the Tonyfriends then.

Against
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Batman
>Aquaman
For
>Cyborg
>Flash
Whatever I’mma fuck off to Oa/Mogo
>Hal

Why would superman be against it? In many stories he's a government shill

Too many of them won't support this shit.

Batman, Superman, Flash all value having a secret ID. Hal too, even if the other Lanterns don't. So they'd be against it. Wonder Woman would be against it for the sake of her teammates. Aquaman's ID is public, being royalty and all, but given his past he'd be against it (not like it would matter, American politics aren't his problem). That leaves Cyborg who could go either way.

>Aquaman against
Why? He's a political figure and his identity is open to the public public

>using the animated series team

That’s usually just bad writing

Superman would probably reluctant but if it was for the greater good I'm sure he'd give up his secret identity
No way in hell would anyone be able to get Batman to support shit like this

The others? Depends on the writer

Because he had his identity leaked before he knew he was royalty and he hated it. Plus he doesn't trust the US government very much, since they don't trust him either. Also, he's fucking king. He'd see being forced to register as a disrespect.

Superman wouldn't give up his secret identity.

I'm not even sure what the current status on people thinking he has one is. Most people just genuinely say his name is Kal-El (which it is) and he has a giant ice fortress at the North Pole.

He's not exactly lying.

This is a good point. Most people don't even realise he has a secret identity. It's why people trust him so much, because he literally and figuratively doesn't wear a mask.

He'd give it up if it was for the greater good
He'd side with the registration act because it's the responsible thing to do

Plus there's like no way any writer would have let the opportunity to have a potential Batman-Superman conflict no matter how badly BvS went
And if they're both on one side no one will give a fuck about the other

Isn't Kingdom Come basically that?

No, not at all.

He's toyed with giving up his ID in comics several times over the years. He never does.

Not enough intrigue. Writers will make some of the big players for it even if it goes against past characterization.

Is there anyway he'd say no to this legislation?

If the two favorite characters are on one side:
1. How would the other side have a chance?
2. Who would care about the other side?

Kingdom Come is about how killing the Joker leads to a slippery slope where edgy anti-heroes kill d-lister villains in the streets.

Also superhero fights become destructive, because we all know bystanders never die when superheroes try to take down villains non-lethally.

He'd do what says and just say his name is Kal-El.

Just do Batman Superman public enemies, and have everyone but the two of them sign up.

most of the main dc folk are decent folk, so they'd be against it

If it only affected those with powers Batman would be for. If it encompassed non-powered vigilantes he'd be against.

Anyone who thinks batman is paranoid it's either a casual or a dumb american that doesnt know what paranoid means

You can go even farther into the past. Pic extremely related.

>Government demands registration
>Superman (as Kal-El), Wonder Woman, and Aquaman register to not upset the status quo since their registration is meaningless
>Batman doesn't and is hunted by the federal government for it
>friction is created when the government is upset with Supes and co for not helping track Batman and others down
>at the same time the Justice League can't properly function since most of them refuse to register
This works but it is still a low level story without some actual civil war conflict with heavy hitters genuinely believing in the registration conflicting with those who are anti-reg.

Do you dislike batman or are you just dumb?

That would be an interesting twist
But if everyone else is for registering superheroes, Superman would comply
And then it would just be Tower of Babel except Batman is taking out the JL members

Aquaman: Against. No one steps on his sovereignty.
Hal: Abstain. He ain't allowed to get involved with local politics.
WW: Against. She is not beholden to one government
Supes: Against. He's got a family to protect and he don't need the government kidnapping them and dissecting his kid and super powered dog.
Bats: Against. Everything he does is illegal and he knows it.
Flash: For. He wouldn't like it but he would follow the law even if it sucks.
Cyborg: No idea. If he is anything like Injustice Cyborg then he is for.

I'm a Batfag but I recognize he's consistently written as that sort of hypocrite.

In Batman's case, all I can see happening is him officially quitting the League while still helping them in secret.

>WW: Against. She is not beholden to one government
That and diplomatic immunity.

What about just the Sokovia Accords?

Flash would end up being against, but he’d be the most doubtful and angsty about it.

That's arguably worse, since the accords were explicite about making superheroes subservient to the government. No Green Lantern could agree to that for starters. And Wonder Woman and Aquaman would find the notion insulting.

>Flash being doubtful and angsty

The league would be divided into those that registered and can still fight crime unimpeded by the federal government and those who did register and can no longer work openly with unregistered heroes, so the league is effectively at less than half strength. This would be compounded by the federal government demanding the newly registered help hunt down and incarcerate those who don't register, which obviously guys like Supes would be against.

The Justice League is a recognised international organisation already. Some of them work with the UN as Ambassadors of Peace or in relation to their home nations (Themiscyra, Atlantis).

But they would not agree. Diana and Arthur would flat-out say no because that treads on international negotiations. Any Green Lantern is required to say no because that violates Oan regulations. Batman would say no, Superman would say no, ONLY Flash or Cyborg might consider agreeing, and given everybody else saying no, they'd probably stick with their friends.

Registration doesn’t really work well for DC.

The story simply has no teeth without Superman or Batman or both being pro-registration. You can't do that without some shitty writing or an else world. That story doesn't fit DC well.

>Why would superman be against it?
His archnemesis was the President of the United States.

>Niggas That Have Not Read Legends: The Thread.
Superman: For Reagan
Batman (bat-family): Against
Hal: In space
Aquaman: at the bottom of the ocean
Flash: Dead, Wally would try to follow it but fall off very quickly
Cyborg: Probably for it.

So you are just dumb. How would you know if someone has powers???

Yeah, it bothers me too. It's amazing how casual Sup Forums is.

>Wonder Woman for
Just because her identity is public doesn't mean she'd trust Man's World's government with the identity of her comrades.

This, secret identities are a much bigger deal in DC

Hal would be mad at both sides just like Rich Rider

In those stories, he was either born in the country and raised on its ideals ala Nazi Superman, blackmailed like DKR, or secretly subverting it...like DKR when he let Bruce beat him.

I don't think she would. If she were asked, she'd just say it isn't her secret/truth to tell.

only jobbers like Captain Atom would be for it

>I pulled Parallax inside out and saved the universe. What have YOU done lately, Bruce?

Honestly, as many people said, dc folk would mostly be against.
The only way to do this is cadmus dcau style. Organized long smear campaign against the jl, forces them to step down, or at least to have some side heroes (like atom) fight them with the government's help. Then the league discovers luthor's role in it , yada yada

did the Kinsey act pass post Flashpoint?

without the JSA DC can actually do a Civil War story.

That's a pretty generic surface level story, which is why I said it would have no teeth. If you do a story like this it would be so you can explore the characters contrasting views on something like this. The registration serves as a fault line to divide the heroes and further characterize them. DC would require something different that is more universe specific to explore themes with.

Ehh Superman does have his own moral code, and I just imagine the story focusing around the justice league

Okay, let's see.
Most of the heroes are clearly anti-regestration. And that's even including older ones like Fate who'd just flip them off. So, you can't do the registration angle.
Despite what priest wants to try now, most folk in dc-verse like the heroes (and with good reason), so you can't have them against the public either.
One angle is if the heroes should just be preventing, or punishing too (lobotomy/killing). But then, you just get identity crisis.
Another angle is pro american vs pro global interests, but dc is too pussy for that.
What other angles of central ideology conflict can we do? suggestions ahoy!

Because Aquaman doesn't like the simple idea of anybody having any sort of control over him. Much less a government that isn't even Atlantis

To be half decent it would need careful planning and the setup would have to be organised over a couple of years

I think it could be pretty cool but at the same time I think even then it wouldn't be a good fit for DC

He'd probably be in the same situation as Namor

(You)

Globalist vs Nationalist on a galactic scale would be something both relevant to the modern zeitgeist and in line with the scale of DC stories, but would be hard to pull off since modern globalism is 3rd worldism, so opening Earth to globalism on a galactic scale would be the inverse of that and not really relevant since Earth would be the 3rd world in DC's case so a lot of the argument of the nationalist side is lost.

This so hard.
Almost all people don't even think Superman has a secret identity

you can have through space shenanigans some semi-primitive planet getting destroyed, a neighbouring civilization rescues them on space ships, warp drive malfunctions, they end up near earth. The drive malfunctioned due to sabotage from a faction of the advanced civilization, who in the mean time got power in their world (through legal means) and no longer want the spacefugees, who still need a home.

bump

Because we are talking about comic books.

Also, nice triple question marks. Go back to Tumblr.

This
You know how I know you fags dont read comics? Comments like these. People forget that Civil War was a fucking character assasination for everyone involved.
Tony, Reed, Hank etc have been shown in the past to be fucking against SHRA, all the way back in the 80s. Millar and marvel eeditorial were hacks.

SRA would never happen in DC.

1. The JSA means superheros have a precedent for getting more or less along with the government without threatening the government. When McCartney told them to register they just politely bowed out and helped the world from the sidelines.

2. Whether its the Ultramarines, President Luthor putting a hit on Superman and Batman, the OMAC project, General Eiling, or what have you the governments have a piss poor track record of coming up with a way to "watch those dangerous superheros".

The worst the JLA has ever done is mindwipe some bad guys and it caused them considerable distress. Compare their record to the Illuminati, Avengers, and X-men. They're absolute saints compared to them. Who in DC besides Lex actually thinks the superheros need to be watched by the government?

3. Superman and friends have incredibly good PR. Soldiers couldn't bring themselves to shoot Superman during the Ultramarines arc. If any one of them got involved in politics they'd sweep the votes.

People would sooner vote for governments to register with the Justice League than the league to register with the governments.

4. Good fucking luck getting Superman to obey your laws. This isn't DKR Superman. This is the Superman that's fought General Lane and Wraith, the Superman who broke into a government facility to check on Chris Kent and told the government they'd better not fuck with Chris because he'd be watching. Batman is even worse.

5. They already have an organization that works to guide superheros down the right path, its called the JSA.

6. Two of the JLA are royalty and one is a space cop. Frankly they outrank any law by any government. All Hal has to do is deputize everyone and now everyone is working with the legal authority of a government body older than the planet itself

Don't forget the various Government Alphabet Agencies, ARGUS, DEO, Task Force X and of course Checkmate.

>Spacefugees

There's tons of solutions to this problem that don't involve them setting foot on Earth.

Hal can quit literally -create- a planet for them all.

Of course to complete the analogy you'd need the spacfugees to be from a planet that worships a totalitarian idealogy like Apocalypse or War World and you'd need politicians from the advance planet trying to attract as many spacefugees as possible so they can change resource redistribution for votes even when they have a perfectly fine lantern planet to go to.

The power levels of the league means they really don't have to pick favorites. They just help the world whenever there's a problem and try their best not to get involved in politics. Why would you prioritize helping America when you can FTL at will and help everyone?

>If any one of them got involved in politics they'd sweep the votes.
I'd vote for Superman.

all against when the justice society is brought back as the old version had that as the cause of them going inactive.

The DC heroes have something the Marvel heroes don't, and its why the government never tries to make them register.

They have their love.

They can quite literally beat the governments at their own game. If Superman ran for god emperor of the United States he'd win in a heartbeat.

If Superman said "help me overthrow the government" people would follow him.

>Superman-Against
Superman is all about rule of law, truth, justice, and the American way. Fuck off.
>WW-For
This meanwhile makes no sense. She's a political figure of a foreign nation. Why would she register herself with the US government?

>Implying Superman would be For

He's for the American Way, which isn't Hillary Clinton esque control of other peoples' lives.

>>Implying Superman would be For
Of course he would, he's all about rule of law, not fucking "I'll do whatever I want and no one can tell me otherwise because I'm stronger." That's the antithesis of his character.

Are you asking why Superman would be against something that would require him to reveal his identity and put Lois and Jon in danger?

He respects the rule of law but he's not a pussy. When Wraith asked him to shill for Uncle Sam he told him and General Lane to take a hike.

>Why would you prioritize helping America when you can FTL at will and help everyone?
Why didn't you read my post?